Blind Guides and Deluded Followers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what I know. Whether you agree or not doesn't change that. My interpretation fits with other scripture that talks about an offer (the gospel offer) that first went out to certain people (the Jews) before later going out to other people (the Gentiles). To me, it is very obvious as to what the parable is about and what it means.
So you know what you know! I think we have reached the end. I can only say this, you interpret as you see fit, and we will let teh Lord judge if your opinions of HIs word are right or wrong.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Have the last word if you wish.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wedding guests are those saints outside of the church who are saved but not part of the church. This would be all saints who died before Pentecost and all saints who got saved after teh rapture. They are the guests of teh Father to teh wedding feast of Jesus and his bride the church.
I thought you said you agreed with me when I said the parable is about how the gospel first went out to the Jews before then going out to the Gentiles as the book of Acts describes? Apparently not. I couldn't possibly disagree more with you on this. But, it's time to agree to disagree.

It's obvious to me that the parable is about how the gospel offer of salvation first went to the Jews, who mostly rejected it and then it went to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

John 3:29
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

John knew He was not pat of teh bride.
This is faulty logic. You can be both His friend and part of His bride at the same time. Are you not His friend?

John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Jesus considers those who obey Him and love Him to be His friends. That would include you and me. Yet, we are also part of His bride. Trying to say that you can only be one or the other contradicts what Jesus Himself taught.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you know what you know!
Yes, I do. And I know that you don't have a clue as to what Matthew 22:1-14 is about.

I think we have reached the end. I can only say this, you interpret as you see fit, and we will let teh Lord judge if your opinions of HIs word are right or wrong.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Have the last word if you wish.
Proverbs 14:12 is talking about an unsaved person. A person who doesn't belong to God. Do you somehow not know that or are you saying that you think I'm not saved?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do. And I know that you don't have a clue as to what Matthew 22:1-14 is about.
Glad you are so adept at mindreading! NOT!
Proverbs 14:12 is talking about an unsaved person. A person who doesn't belong to God. Do you somehow not know that or are you saying that you think I'm not saved?
It doesn't say jusrt unsaved men. Even saved indiviuals c an follow their own ideas and lead to a path of death

But I said I was done. I apologize- still have the last word if you wish. I am through. YOu rewrite scripture and presume to know peoples minds based on your ego. I cannot argue against your own private version of the bible.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you are so adept at mindreading! NOT!
I used to say "NOT!" all the time when I was an immature kid. I guess you just haven't grown up yet.

It doesn't say jusrt unsaved men. Even saved indiviuals c an follow their own ideas and lead to a path of death
You show your lack of discernment by not understanding that Proverbs 14:12 is not talking physical death. Everyone dies physically whether they live the right way (God's way) or not. But, this is talking about living a certain way that leads to death while living the right way does not. So, it should be clear that it's talking about spiritual death there. Being separated from God. People think they know the truth and go their own way instead of going God's way and that eventually leads to the second death (Revelation 20:15).

But I said I was done. I apologize- still have the last word if you wish. I am through. YOu rewrite scripture and presume to know peoples minds based on your ego. I cannot argue against your own private version of the bible.
I am not the only one who interprets Matthew 22:1-14 the way I do. Many people interpret it the same way. I have never seen anyone else who interprets it the way you do. So, which of us is using their own private version of the Bible? That would be you.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I care less what some say. I care what the bible says and it explicitly says the bride is the church and the groom Jesus.

All this is just more human speculation meant to seek to muddy the clear teaching of Scripture.
1 Corinthians 12:12-27

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

Romans 12:5

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Ephesians 4:12-16

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:12-27

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

Romans 12:5

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Ephesians 4:12-16

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
Correct and all these are referring to the church which began at Pentecost and ends at the rapture.

All other believers are saved but not part of the bride of Christ.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct and all these are referring to the church which began at Pentecost and ends at the rapture.

All other believers are saved but not part of the bride of Christ.
The church as the body of Christ.

The church as the bride, comes down after the 1,000 years and the NHNE.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church as the body of Christ.

The church as the bride, comes down after the 1,000 years and the NHNE.
Before the millenial. but I look to see your Scripture to support the church staying in heaven during the millenial. Remember we are talking about the wedding supper on earth.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the millenial. but I look to see your Scripture to support the church staying in heaven during the millenial. Remember we are talking about the wedding supper on earth.
Can you prove the entire church body is currently on the earth? There is not a single verse stating the church is on the earth as a whole body now, nor in the Millennium Reign of Christ. Why do we not see all the OT redeemed still on the earth?

In Hebrews 11, they only looked for a heavenly city, not an earthly one.

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
…Coronal mass ejection does not cause the earthquakes,and fearful sights in the heavens..

War does.And your discussing blind guides.
The word of God is very clear as to what is causing the distress.

Luke 21
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

The object which causes great tribulation is not the sun.It is an object used by the armed forces of the north called the abomination of desolation
It is not the sun which causes desolation .

Mathew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.