WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well don't speak for me..or all the people I know.
I don't know any who condone abortion!!!
Well, that's a good thing.

Methodist, Episcopal clergy ‘bless’ Cleveland abortion clinic in prayer service

Pro-abortion-rally.jpg

Do they sing "hallelulia" when a baby''s parts get sucked through a tube? Or when it's skull gets crushed?

“To tamper with the creation of human beings by God - intentionally and by His loving will - is an example of human arrogance and hubris, and is indicative of a loss of fundamental reasoning and the understanding of life.”
Very Reverend Jason Kappanadze, priest of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Elmira Heights, New York

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, now this discussion is developing into the battle "Who was/is Worse".
The catholics or the protestants.

So, stupid.

An outsider finding these posts just shakes his head and runs away.

Reactions: brakelite

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So, stupid.

Perhaps you are not aware, murder is wrong. There are pro-life Protestants as well.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the 150, I only read the very first one which is this:

"1. Best One-Sentence Summary: I am convinced that the Catholic Church conforms much more closely to all of the biblical data, offers the only coherent view of the history of Christianity (i.e., Christian, apostolic Tradition), and possesses the most profound and sublime Christian morality, spirituality, social ethic, and philosophy."

"....conforms to all of the biblical data..."

How does one "CONFORM" to what is DEAD?

Rom 6:6
...our OLD MAN is CRUCIFIED with him...

"...philosophy..."

Why does one "CONFORM" to what one is WARNED to NOT be "Conformed" TO?

Col 2:8
BEWARE lest any man spoil you through philosophy....

But I have met the Master and His Holy Spirit has filled me and has been teaching me. This last is not a mere desire but an experience which has changed me since I walked away from Catholicism....

Amen!
God Bless,
Taken

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Taken, how do you get so many anti-Catholic misrepresentations and lies from a one sentence summary? You must be desperate for a whole belief system to persecute just because it's bigger and older than yours.

115. Sola Scriptura literally couldn't have been true, practically speaking, for most Christians throughout history, since the movable-type printing press only appeared in the mid-15th century. Preaching and oral Tradition, along with things like devotional practices, Christian holidays, church architecture and other sacred art, were the primary carriers of the gospel for 1400 years. For all these centuries, sola Scriptura would have been regarded as an absurd abstraction and impossibility.

116. Protestantism claims that the Catholic Church has "added to the Bible." The Catholic Church replies that it has merely drawn out the implications of the Bible (development of doctrine), and followed the understanding of the early Church, and that Protestants have "subtracted" from the Bible by ignoring large portions of it which suggest Catholic positions. Each side thinks the other is "unbiblical," but in different ways.

117. Sola Scriptura is Protestantism's "Achilles' Heel." Merely invoking sola Scriptura is no solution to the problem of authority and certainty as long as multiple interpretations exist. If the Bible were so clear that all Protestants agreed simply by reading it with a willingness to accept and follow its teaching, this would be one thing, but since this isn't the case by a long shot (the multiplicity of denominations), sola Scriptura is a pipe-dream at best.
About all that all Protestants agree on is that Catholicism is wrong! Of all Protestant ideas, the "clarity" or perspicuity of the Bible is surely one of the most absurd and the most demonstrably false by the historical record.

118. Put another way, having a Bible does not render one's private judgment infallible. Interpretation is just as inevitable as tradition. The Catholic Church therefore, is absolutely necessary in order to speak authoritatively and to prevent confusion, error, and division.
Holy Mary: 150 Reasons why I'm a Catholic

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
10fbd14bf6b9e8c7bc91c13b8ddececc.jpg

You call this dead???

th

World Youth Day; too bad you missed it

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, I just love the way you delusionalists scream "lies" without backing up the claim and throw that "h" word around. News flash: NO ONE CARES.

The inability to separate emotions from critical thinking on your part does not constitute a hateful attitude on my part.

Read Leviticus 19:17, and you'll discover that your failure to warn others of their perilous Catholic path demonstrates your hatred for them, and my desire to expose the Antichrist power in Rome, as did Luther, Calvin, Tydale, Jerome, Zwingly, Coverdale, Melancthon, Huss, Wycliffe, Foxe, and too many other names to list, reveals genuine love for those Jesus died for and seeks to lead out of the Whore of Babylon and into His glorious Christ-centered church.
Hi Phoneman,

Luther, Calvin, Tyndale, Jerome, Zwingli, Coverdale, Melanchthon, Huss, Wycliffe, Fox’s and all the other Protestants you didn’t list disagreed with each other even though SOME of the things they taught agreed with the Catholic Church. So do tell Phoneman....Who is delusional???

Who has the inability to think critically when all of them can’t even agree with each other and figure out exactly what false teaching The Church is teaching? According to your theory all of these men continued the false teachings of The Church in one fashion or another.

Would you care to try another theory?

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one "CONFORM" to what is DEAD?

People work in this way regularly by taking Bible verses or doctrines or traditions of men and trying to model their lives on those things. The Bible alone as I see is dead, but it is the "flesh" of Jesus. When it is consumed and quickened by the Holy Spirit then it is the Word of God... The only Way a person gets to the right place in God is to follow where He leads. Looking to dead things will NOT ever bring us to Life.

Rom 6:6
...our OLD MAN is CRUCIFIED with him...

The old man keep on pressing to be brought to the forefront one more time. People following dead things including dead, blind men feed that old man instead of the new man [presuming they really have a new man] and then walk on in their delusions:

"And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?" Luke 6:39

That old man doesn't need to be fed, he needs to be crucified
Why does one "CONFORM" to what one is WARNED to NOT be "Conformed" TO?
Col 2:8
BEWARE lest any man spoil you through philosophy....

It is that thing of being deluded and/or following the blind again.

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, that's a good thing.

Methodist, Episcopal clergy ‘bless’ Cleveland abortion clinic in prayer service

Pro-abortion-rally.jpg

Do they sing "hallelulia" when a baby''s parts get sucked through a tube? Or when it's skull gets crushed?

“To tamper with the creation of human beings by God - intentionally and by His loving will - is an example of human arrogance and hubris, and is indicative of a loss of fundamental reasoning and the understanding of life.”
Very Reverend Jason Kappanadze, priest of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Elmira Heights, New York

Well, all I can say to that is WOW!!!
And now you can see why I am for sure NOT part of the church system...
I can no longer relate to all this leftwing modern "churchified" garbage.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So, stupid.

BEEEEeeeeepppppp
Too late...I said that first a few weeks ago!! :D
Pointing the finger is such a stupid waste of time.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a hypothetical situation. God's answers are definite to His sheep in real situations according to need... and He decides on the need. For this reason we who are His sheep must always be paying attention to His voice:

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:3-4

Who am I to insist? It is not in my job description. Then again what and where is hell? The unpardonable sin is just that, but who is able to identify it other than God and the person who has committed it?

Dear Amadeus,

No sir, not a hypothectical situation. What I wrote is based on a abortion doctor that made headlines in the mainstream news within the last ten years. Your lack of knowledge does not make the facts go away.

However, what you are suggesting is that there has NEVER, in the entire 2,000 years of Christianity, been a person that fits my “hypothetical” scenario. If you honestly believe that then you are whoefully wrong and naive.

But, I get what you are doing. Act like what I said can never be true therefor you don’t have to answer the question using scripture, common sense or logic. You are unable to defend your unscriptural theory and beliefs so you deflect and pretend you are right. I expected that to happen so I won’t say I am surprised.

God bless....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to the reformers to which you refer, how would I know that they were or were not filled with the Holy Spirit unless God told me? He has not.

REALLY????.......Unless God told you???? Sooooo God tells you who is and who isn't filled with the Holy Spirit????

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, stupid.

Hi,

I think the point trying to made is not "Who was/is Worse" but that there are bad people in both. In regard to the specific post it depicts leaders of certain Protestant churches supporting the killing of children. If a Priest would do the same thing as those church leaders did they would no longer be a priest, however, these people will always have a church to (miss)lead.

Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. 'Intelligent questions' and well thought out answers' translated means....those you can easily debunk. You're right. My posts have none of that.

Please, your personal insults simply reveal your loss in the argument. Don't take it personal. After all, you are just a 'yes' man for the Roman Church.

Old enough it would appear.

Stranger
Old enough to spew the same lies over and over - but apparently NOT old enough to reason intelligently.
When you're ready to have an intelligent exchange - let me know . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though , I remember once trying to explain to you that the bible is an over all picture...not just one view from one position. I even used the elephant analogy .... 4 peoples descriptions from four different positions from where they were each standing. None wrong.....the elephant did indeed have a tusk, he did indeed have a tail, he did indeed have four legs and he did indeed have big ears...but, not one of those descriptions was wrong, but not one of those descriptions was the whole elephant...or the whole picture.
Hi BG,

The funny thing about your analogy is that the Truth was in front of them the whole time. Just because they couldn’t see The Truth standing right in front of them doesn’t mean the Truth wasn’t there. The elephant is right in front of you BG and all you can see is the tusk. Take off your blinders and you will see the entire elephant.

The analogy you used to try and make your point actually makes my point.....Thank you.

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Amadeus,

No sir, not a hypothectical situation. What I wrote is based on a abortion doctor that made headlines in the mainstream news within the last ten years. Your lack of knowledge does not make the facts go away.​

Even if it is a real situation, it is not my job to condemn that doctor. I don't read a lot of news as too much of it is bad. I still don't know the doctor's heart.

However, what you are suggesting is that there has NEVER, in the entire 2,000 years of Christianity, been a person that fits my “hypothetical” scenario. If you honestly believe that then you are whoefully wrong and naive.

How much about the 2000 year history do I need to know to please God?

Naïve in the ways of the world I often am, as to the Way of God, I may know more than you think. But how would you know?

But, I get what you are doing. Act like what I said can never be true therefor you don’t have to answer the question using scripture, common sense or logic. You are unable to defend your unscriptural theory and beliefs so you deflect and pretend you are right. I expected that to happen so I won’t say I am surprised.
You may play games with people to make them look bad to others, but I don't do that. I recall what the apostle Paul wrote and try to apply it in how I think and act:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phil 2:3-4

I may sometimes fail, but if my intentions and efforts are in the right direction, will not God know it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REALLY????.......Unless God told you???? Sooooo God tells you who is and who isn't filled with the Holy Spirit????

Curious Mary
Do you think I need to know the answer to your question?
God tells me what He knows that I need to know. Are you not one of His sheep?

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if it is a real situation, it is not my job to condemn that doctor. I don't read a lot of news as too much of it is bad. I still don't know the doctor's heart.

How much about the 2000 year history do I need to know to please God?

Naïve in the ways of the world I often am, as to the Way of God, I may know more than you think. But how would you know?

You may play games with people to make them look bad to others, but I don't do that. I recall what the apostle Paul wrote and try to apply it in how I think and act:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phil 2:3-4

I may sometimes fail, but if my intentions and efforts are in the right direction, will not God know it?
Dear sir,

Please don’t twist my words like you twist scripture. I never said anything about condemning the doctor. Please re-read what I wrote and get back with me.

Mary