WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think I need to know the answer to your question?
God tells me what He knows that I need to know. Are you not one of His sheep?
"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5
Dear, dear, dear Amadeus,

You are the one who said: As to the reformers to which you refer, how would I know that they were or were not filled with the Holy Spirit unless God told me? He has not.

You are now twisting YOUR BIZARRE STATEMENT into questions of me instead of answering my question. You are hiding behind passages from scripture that have NO CONTEXT to our discussion.

Can you ever just answer a question based on what YOU SAID and not play these bizarre word games?????

YOU suggested God tells you who is filled with the Holy Spirit. Do you want to take that statement back or clarify it or double down on it? Can I just get a clear non hippy like answer that makes sense?

Please?

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sir,

Please don’t twist my words like you twist scripture. I never said anything about condemning the doctor. Please re-read what I wrote and get back with me.

Mary
You ask loaded questions and expect a straight answer?
What is it you would like me to do to the doctor?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear, dear, dear Amadeus,

You are the one who said: As to the reformers to which you refer, how would I know that they were or were not filled with the Holy Spirit unless God told me? He has not.

You are now twisting YOUR BIZARRE STATEMENT into questions of me instead of answering my question. You are hiding behind passages from scripture that have NO CONTEXT to our discussion.
I gave you honest answers to your very loaded questions.
Can you ever just answer a question based on what YOU SAID and not play these bizarre word games?????
I am led by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes God speaks the answers to my heart and sometimes He does not. To do otherwise would to disregard God. Could you do that and remain true to God?

YOU suggested God tells you who is filled with the Holy Spirit. Do you want to take that statement back or clarify it or double down on it?
You apparently misunderstood what I said. God knows who has been filled with the Holy Spirit. How would I know whether or not someone who died physically before I was born was filled with the Holy Spirit if God did not tell me? I said with regard to the people you mention that God did not share that information with me. If He has told me nothing, then what answer would you expect?

Can I just get a clear non hippy like answer that makes sense?
Please?

Mary
What is a "hippy answer"? What is a "non hippy answer"? Use words that I understand.
When you stop asking loaded questions, then we'll see if the answers are different. I won't change what I believe or the way I communicate with God for your benefit.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old enough to spew the same lies over and over - but apparently NOT old enough to reason intelligently.
When you're ready to have an intelligent exchange - let me know . . .

Thank you.

Stranger

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please don’t twist my words like you twist scripture.

Oh, for crying out loud.
Talk about "twisting words".
Amadeus would be the last guy on this forum to twist scriptures.

Let me ask you this:

Are you here to attack others left and right?
It seems like it.
Every time somebody answers one of your posts you come back in "attack-mode".

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, for crying out loud.

Let me ask you this:

It seems like it.

If you brows back through her posts you will see that she has 'stock questions'
..always asking questions...yet never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

All very repetitive.
And I agree with you...Amadeus is probable one of the most 'stand-up' guys on the forum.

Reactions: pia and Triumph1300

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ask loaded questions and expect a straight answer?
What is it you would like me to do to the doctor?
Once again....you ask two questions of ME and I get no answer from YOU......Fascinating. That is your favorite M.O. ;)

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again....you ask two questions of ME and I get no answer from YOU......Fascinating. That is your favorite M.O. ;)

Mary
Following the lead of the Holy Ghost is certainly my favorite M.O. Should it not be preferable to following the lead of any man or the doctrines of any church group?

Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following the lead of the Holy Ghost is certainly my favorite M.O. Should it not be preferable to following the lead of any man or the doctrines of any church group?
LOL....You did it again....You asked a question but have yet to give an answer.:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you for your time....Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's a good thing.

Methodist, Episcopal clergy ‘bless’ Cleveland abortion clinic in prayer service

Pro-abortion-rally.jpg

Do they sing "hallelulia" when a baby''s parts get sucked through a tube? Or when it's skull gets crushed?

“To tamper with the creation of human beings by God - intentionally and by His loving will - is an example of human arrogance and hubris, and is indicative of a loss of fundamental reasoning and the understanding of life.”
Very Reverend Jason Kappanadze, priest of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Elmira Heights, New York

These people ARE DESPICABLE. We know what Spirit we are of, so we Can't call down Fire from Heaven, I would like to take a willow switch to them.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, for crying out loud.

Let me ask you this:

It seems like it.
I see now......asking tough questions is attack mode???? Fascinating!!

Soooo I am guessing that you can’t see how Amadeus twisted my words?

Please do quote one of my ATTACKS!!!

Patiently waiting.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you honest answers to your very loaded questions.

I am led by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes God speaks the answers to my heart and sometimes He does not. To do otherwise would to disregard God. Could you do that and remain true to God?

You apparently misunderstood what I said. God knows who has been filled with the Holy Spirit. How would I know whether or not someone who died physically before I was born was filled with the Holy Spirit if God did not tell me? I said with regard to the people you mention that God did not share that information with me. If He has told me nothing, then what answer would you expect?

What is a "hippy answer"? What is a "non hippy answer"? Use words that I understand.
When you stop asking loaded questions, then we'll see if the answers are different. I won't change what I believe or the way I communicate with God for your benefit

Thank you. Just because you said you answered doesn’t mean you did. There is no reason for us to continue to do this. We can’t have a conversation if you convince yourself what you have written is an answer when it is really just dodge ball.

If I had an answer from you I would gladly respond to it. There is no answer so I can’t respond.

God Bless....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you brows back through her posts you will see that she has 'stock questions'
..always asking questions...yet never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

All very repetitive.
And I agree with you...Amadeus is probable one of the most 'stand-up' guys on the forum.
LOL....thank you BG....are you ever going to get back with me on our conversation? Or what I thought was a conversation....Maybe it was just you wanting to preach and not really talk?

Silly girl....I have the Truth and I have given it to you. If you deny the Truth you face eternal damnation.

Curious and Patient Mary

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow ! DEAR dear dear lady, can you have a look in the mirror ! Attacking Amadeus this way, who is one of the most stable people on this forum ( thankfully there are a couple on this site), shows us clearly, just how, either deceived or just plain contrary, you really are....It is a pity actually..

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT continued
119. Catholicism doesn't regard the Bible as obscure, mysterious, and inaccessible, but it is vigilant to protect it from all arbitrary and aberrant exegesis (2 Pet 1:20, 3:16). The best Protestant traditions seek to do the same, but are inadequate and ineffectual since they are divided.

120. Protestantism has a huge problem with the Canon of the NT. The process of determining the exact books which constitute the NT lasted until 397 A.D., when the Council of Carthage spoke with finality, certainly proof that the Bible is not "self-authenticating," as Protestantism believes. Some sincere, devout, and learned Christians doubted the canonicity of some books which are now in the Bible, and others considered books as Scripture which were not at length included in the Canon. St. Athanasius in 367 was the first to list all 27 books in the NT as Scripture.

121. The Council of Carthage, in deciding the Canon of the entire Bible in 397, included the so-called "Apocryphal" books, which Protestants kicked out of the Bible (i.e., a late tradition). Prior to the 16th century Christians considered these books Scripture, and they weren't even separated from the others, as they are today in the Protestant Bibles which include them.
Protestantism accepts the authority of this Council for the NT, but not the OT, just as it arbitrarily and selectively accepts or denies other conciliar decrees, according to their accord with existing Protestant "dogmas" and biases.

122. Contrary to Protestant anti-Catholic myth, the Catholic Church has always revered the Bible, and hasn't suppressed it (it protested some Protestant translations, but Protestants have often done the same regarding Catholic versions). This is proven by the laborious care of monks in protecting and copying manuscripts, and the constant translations into vernacular tongues (as opposed to the falsehoods about only Latin Bibles), among other plentiful and indisputable historical evidences.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole bible is for us.................. !!!!!!!!!!

But the whole bible is not to us......

Our books in [bible] this time Romans -----Philemon

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL....thank you BG....are you ever going to get back with me on our conversation? Or what I thought was a conversation....Maybe it was just you wanting to preach and not really talk?

Silly girl....I have the Truth and I have given it to you. If you deny the Truth you face eternal damnation.

Curious and Patient Mary
Just for you

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Do have a God blessed day.