WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Quaker church I am attending just hired a minister ordained as a southern Baptist - i am looking forward to hearing the first sermon.

That sounds like an interesting mix! :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what you really are doing that matters and the intention of your heart. What I insist or what you insist does not matter. What God knows is what matters. Who else knows all that is in our heart?

I would never insist that anyone is going to hell, no matter what they were or were not doing. If they never received Life then they will simply remain dead. If they did receive Life what happened from that point would depend upon what they did with what they had. I am not the judge in any case.
Thank you. Maybe I can make my question a little more clear by being more blunt. Your answer is very what I would call "hippy" like and it may tickle the ears of some but your not tickling this old gal. ;)

I am doctor who goes to a Christian church and I consider myself a Christian because I follow scripture and all the commandments. I have been performing abortions, on demand, no questions asked, for the last 20 years. That is what I am really doing and my intention is to abort the fetus and my heart feels no empathy for that fetus or the mother. I insist I am not taking/ending a life and violating Gods commandment. Would you insist that a am wrong?

Just to clarify: You would never insist that anyone is going to hell????? Would an unrepentant person go to hell if they violate Gods commandments? What to do with Matthew 12:31-32???? Hmmm....

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why ask?
Ah, yes, you’ll say: all very well, but is any of it real? Hell doesn’t exist and we don’t survive death, so how can we go there?
And on it goes. On and on....
Translation???

Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure would of made it easy if Jesus had said, love God and neighbor, determine other’s Christianity based on their view of abortion or participation therein.....

There are worse things than abortion in this world

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure would of made it easy if Jesus had said, love God and neighbor, determine other’s Christianity based on their view of abortion or participation therein.....There are worse things than abortion in this world
Hi aspen,

Would you care to name these things that are worse than abortion?

Mary

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen,

Would you care to name these things that are worse than abortion?

Mary

Disregarding souls after they are born, for one.

Matt 26:24
Ecc 4:3
Mark 14:21

These verse suggest other reasons

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 2014, 652,639 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2014 was 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 186 abortions per 1,000 live births.

So.....that's over 625.000 murders legally committed during 1994 in the US.
What could be worse.

This is not counting the rest of the world.

But GOD BLESS AMERICA is said very often.
Bless what? Bless 625.000 yearly murders?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your blind spiritual pride and arrogance you have refused my explanations about the Body and Blood of Christ being offered to ALL worthy recipients in the Catholic Church. You ave instead insisted that the cup is refused to everybody but the priest - even AFTER I assured you that, as an Extraotrdinary minister of Holy Communion - I know differently.

Now, yo're just rejecting God.
You can't claim "ignorance" any more . . .

I never claimed ignorance in the first place.

Your explanations are as corrupt as your doctrine of the Lords Supper. Thus I most certainly reject them.

Your assurance as some minister of Holy Communion doesn't outweigh your choking parishoners who can't get the bread down because they don't get the wine.

Your claim to know is no better than Romes claim to know. But, keep offering that cracker to the laity while you drink the wine. Makes you most extraordinary.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - when all else fails and yo're LOST the debate - the only thing that you can desperately to cling to is that same dishonest mantra . . .

You're the one that baled out of the debate. Remember? Don't come crying back now trying to shift the blame. Just keep feeding them that cracker without the wine. Why does it take two hands to hold up that little cracker? Answer: it doesn't. You should have one hand with the cracker and one hand with the wine. It looks good though...so 'priestly'.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid to ask ......but what do you mean?
Dear afraid Triumph,

What do you mean?

You took one simple question (that wasn't even addressed to you) of mine and turned it into three questions from you. None of which I understand how they relate to my question. I can tell you what I THINK you meant which is called an assumption, however, in the PAST when I responded to people on this forum with my ASSUMPTION of what they meant I got chastised for it therefor I am hesitant to give my assumptions.

You suggested that I will say: all very well, but is any of it real? Hell doesn’t exist and we don’t survive death, so how can we go there?

So my dear friend aspen.....I have absolutely ZERO idea why you would think I would say that when I believe exactly the opposite of it and have NEVER said what you suggested.

Mary

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad when doubling down on lies is substituted for truth in America today; perhaps Trump really is a fundamentalist, right Stranger?

Priests are the only people in the Catholic Church to receive the blood and body of Christ because you said so more than twice......relatity is just a red herring

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear afraid aspen,

What do you mean?

You took one simple question (that wasn't even addressed to you) of mine and turned it into three questions from you. None of which I understand how they relate to my question. I can tell you what I THINK you meant which is called an assumption, however, in the PAST when I responded to people on this forum with my ASSUMPTION of what they meant I got chastised for it therefor I am hesitant to give my assumptions.

You suggested that I will say: all very well, but is any of it real? Hell doesn’t exist and we don’t survive death, so how can we go there?

So my dear friend aspen.....I have absolutely ZERO idea why you would think I would say that when I believe exactly the opposite of it and have NEVER said what you suggested.

Mary

Um.....
Speaking of posts being misdirected....

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disregarding souls after they are born, for one.
Matt 26:24
Ecc 4:3
Mark 14:21
These verse suggest other reasons
Thank you.

Disregarding a soul after it has been born is worse than disregarding a soul BEFORE it has been born?

So the soul has less value to God before it exits the mothers womb?

Curious Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never claimed ignorance in the first place.
Your explanations are as corrupt as your doctrine of the Lords Supper. Thus I most certainly reject them.
Your assurance as some minister of Holy Communion doesn't outweigh your choking parishoners who can't get the bread down because they don't get the wine.

Your claim to know is no better than Romes claim to know. But, keep offering that cracker to the laity while you drink the wine. Makes you most extraordinary.
Stranger
You're the one that baled out of the debate. Remember? Don't come crying back now trying to shift the blame. Just keep feeding them that cracker without the wine. Why does it take two hands to hold up that little cracker? Answer: it doesn't. You should have one hand with the cracker and one hand with the wine. It looks good though...so 'priestly'.
Stranger
I disagree with a lot of non-Catholics here - but SOME of them ask intelligent questions and post well-though-out answers.
YOUR posts have NONE of that.

I don't know whose posts are more immature and stupid - YOUR or mjrhealth's. Actually, you could throw GerhardEbersoehn's in there as well . . .
HOW old are you?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you mean?

You took one simple question (that wasn't even addressed to you) of mine and turned it into three questions from you. None of which I understand how they relate to my question. I can tell you what I THINK you meant which is called an assumption,

I don't have a clue what you'r talking about.
But that might be not so bad and could be a good thing.

Reactions: Helen