What is the purpose of infant baptism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Douay Rheims (Catholic bible) is the bible that teaches

"Born again ... BY water"...

So, that is baptismal regeneration, that is the Catholic Teaching.

Now, here is the thing..
If people want to have their babies baptized in water, then good.... or whatever...
But, once a cult teaches that this is "saving them" or "causing them to become a "Christian", then that lie is up and running.

How do you know its a lie to teach that babies can be Saved?, by water or at all?

Its because God saves us, through Christ..... and He requires that a person TRUSTS in CHRIST.

You have to give God you FAITH in Christ..

So, a baby, can't even think yet... so, they can't TRUST in Christ or Trust in anything, therefore they can't be born again.
And obviously the parents can't "trust in Christ" for the baby...= (face-palm).

But that's not an issue, as Babies are not under the Law, and are not counted yet, as a sinner, so, if they die, they are heaven bound, every single one... including the ABORTED.
I think the "Born again ... BY water" thing is symbolic, describing what we go through as human beings.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a protestant, and im not an "offshoot" of the "cult of the virgin".
Are you?

So, this word....>"protestant"...

Its "Pro-testant... "to PROTEST">.. To protest against the Dark Ages "Cult of the Virgin".

Its a Devoted Spiritual Separation as a group of Born again Believers, AGAINST the Catholic Church.
I think there is a good deal more to the Catholic Church than what they might think about the Virgin Mary. I'm no expert, but I'm not aware that the Virgin Mary was a large part of the discussion during the Protestant Reformation.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a protestant, and im not an "offshoot" of the "cult of the virgin".
Are you?

So, this word....>"protestant"...

Its "Pro-test-ant... "to PROTEST">.. To protest against the Dark Ages "Cult of the Virgin"., at about '1550, until FOREVER.

Its a Devoted Spiritual Separation as a group of Born again Believers, AGAINST the Catholic Church.

And later its a protest against all other cults......that came out.........Like JWs or Mormons, or similar.
I don't think there are any perfect churches.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 says you will receive the Holy Spirit if you repent and are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and I don't think we'll get very far if we don't repent. The verse doesn't actually say you won't receive the Holy Spirit if you aren't baptized.
Correct. It is saying in simple terms, that we have to do our part(repent and baptism in the name of Jesus) and God will promise to do His part(give us the Holy Ghost)..

Nobody can skip their part. God expects us to keep our part of the deal.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think there is a good deal more to the Catholic Church than what they might think about the Virgin Mary.

They have a lot of Theology, but when it comes to doctrine, then the "Mary stuff" is the most designated and religiously pursued, worldwide.

A True Catholic, will have a devotion to "the mother of God" that is really unbelievable, regarding its depth of obsession.

Also, The 'cult of the virgin" is the original title that the "Church Fathers" gave to this denomination.

'Catholic" was the future rebranding of the original title.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have a lot of Theology, but when it comes to doctrine, then the "Mary stuff" is the most designated and religiously pursued, worldwide.

A True Catholic, will have a devotion to "the mother of God" that is really unbelievable, regarding its depth of obsession.

Also, The 'cult of the virgin" is the original title that the "Church Fathers" gave to this denomination.

I think it is a mistake to believe any church is of one mind. Each individual believes what he, or she, believes.

And I've never heard that the "cult of the virgin" is the original title that the "Church Fathers" gave to this denomination. Why would anyone call themselves that?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think it is a mistake to believe any church is of one mind. Each individual believes what he, or she, believes.

And I've never heard that the "cult of the virgin" is the original title that the "Church Fathers" gave to this denomination. Why would anyone call themselves that?

I have not stated anything about the "Cult of the virgin" being "one Mind".
I told you that Catholicism, is built on Mary Devotion, that also claims to be built on Peter their "first Pope".
Jesus is important to this denomination, but, their "Mary MOG devotion" is what they will talk about , most of all.
They do it on this very forum.
Go and listen to "marymog".. here (Thats mary MOG - Mother of God) that is her ALT.
Or listen to BreadofLife, talk about Mary.
Listen to Jude Thaddeus devote himself to explaining to you just How Important Mary is, to him... and to Catholicism.

And that you have no time spent studying what im showing you, is nothing more or less.
The history is there.....if you want to dive in. , anyone.

LOOK...
-
Cult of Mary_.jpg

Jude Thaddeus

Apr 27, 2024
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I reiterate.
No, you repeat, like a propagandist. Your private interpretation of Acts 2:38 is illogical. Peter is not baptizing anyone when he said you must be baptized. He is not using the required formula in Matthew 28:19. Your insistence that Acts 2:38 over-rides Jesus' explicit instructions in Matthew 28:19 is disobedience to the Gospel. Don't expect us to think Peter disobeyed Jesus in Acts 2:38, you make void the Word of God because your tradition.

Repeat, repeat, repeat, like a propagandist.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not stated anything about the "Cult of the virgin" being "one Mind".
I told you that Catholicism, is built on Mary Devotion, that also claims to be built on Peter their "first Pope".
Jesus is important to this denomination, but, their "Mary MOG devotion" is what they will talk about , most of all.
They do it on this very forum.
Go and listen to "marymog".. here (Thats mary MOG - Mother of God) that is her ALT.
Or listen to BreadofLife, talk about Mary.
Listen to Jude Thaddeus devote himself to explaining to you just How Important Mary is, to him... and to Catholicism.

And that you have no time spent studying what im showing you, is nothing more or less.
The history is there.....if you want to dive in. , anyone.

LOOK...
-
View attachment 47124
I am one of those who believes Jesus is God in flesh. From a certain point of view, that makes Mary God's mother. I don't see any evidence the Catholics place much importance in this, other than your testimony today. Mary did a really great thing, though. She was a virgin yet let herself be impregnated with Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am one of those who believes Jesus is God in flesh

Yes.

See John 1:10. in a KJV.

. From a certain point of view, that makes Mary God's mother.

'Yes, and the NT says that "mary is blessed among women"..
The "cult of the virgin" teaches TODAY.... that she's "sinless" at birth, just Like Jesus, and remained so always..... and that she died a "perpetual Virgin".... and that she flew to Heaven, just like Jesus.
The Catholic denomination teaches that Mary is a "co-author with Jesus, in Heaven, helping souls to be saved".

And on and on and and on the Mary worship just keeps going with the "cult of the Virgin".

Mary Festivals.
Mary Feast Days.
The Day of Ascension

and so many more DAYS devoted to MARY "devotion".

I don't see any evidence the Catholics place much importance in this, other than your testimony today.

I just showed you the Pope bowing His head to a plastic statue of Mary.
Do you not understand this, "evidence"?
Then try this one.. and ask yourself....>"where is JESUS"...
-
MaryGoddess.jpg

Reactions: Truther

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He is not using the required formula in Matthew 28:19.

What happens to a water baptized person, who is never born again?
And do not try to mislead these members by telling them that.. "if they are water baptized they are saved"///

Stay away from the "Baptismal Regeneration" cult teaching and try to answer my question, honestly, @Jude Thaddeus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What the Catholics don’t realize is that God does not have a mama

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you repeat, like a propagandist. Your private interpretation of Acts 2:38 is illogical. Peter is not baptizing anyone when he said you must be baptized. He is not using the required formula in Matthew 28:19. Your insistence that Acts 2:38 over-rides Jesus' explicit instructions in Matthew 28:19 is disobedience to the Gospel. Don't expect us to think Peter disobeyed Jesus in Acts 2:38, you make void the Word of God because your tradition.

Repeat, repeat, repeat, like a propagandist.
Then Peter said unto them, repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…
What is so private about this?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of those who believes Jesus is God in flesh. From a certain point of view, that makes Mary God's mother. I don't see any evidence the Catholics place much importance in this, other than your testimony today. Mary did a really great thing, though. She was a virgin yet let herself be impregnated with Jesus.
Her virginity ended with Joseph after Jesus was born.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What the Catholics don’t realize is that God does not have a mama

The Virgin Mary gave birth to the Beautiful "only begotten" Son of God, so, He has a birth mother, and she has Him as her Son.
There were other children born of Mary, that came later.

So, its remarkable that the Pagan worship of The Goddess Diana, at the point of the birth of the "cult of Mary", intersect like this..

Mary is a "Perpetual Virgin" so says the Catholic Denomination.

The Pagan worship of Diana, says.. "Diana the Goddess, is a Perpetual Virgin".

The Catholic Denomination says that Mary is the "Queen of heaven"

The Pagan Theology, that is the "worship of Diana" that is mentioned in Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians, says that that Temple of Diana, was used to worship the same "Queen of Heaven"..(The Goddess Diana).... and in Fact, the "Church of Mary" was built on the foundation of the Temple of Diana, in Ephesus..

Coincidence?

Luck"?

A.) Sorry no

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Virgin Mary gave birth to the Beautiful "only begotten" Son of God, so, He has a birth mother, and she has Him as her Son.
There were other children born of Mary, that came later.

So, its remarkable that the Pagan worship of The Goddess Diana, at the point of the birth of the "cult of Mary", intersect like this..

Mary is a "Perpetual Virgin" so says the Catholic Denomination.

The Pagan worship of Diana, says.. "Diana the Goddess, is a Perpetual Virgin".

The Catholic Denomination says that Mary is the "Queen of heaven"

The Pagan Theology, that is the "worship of Diana" that is mentioned in Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians, says that that Temple of Diana, was used to worship the same "Queen of Heaven"..(The Goddess Diana).... and in Fact, the "Church of Mary" was built on the foundation of the Temple of Diana, in Ephesus..

Coincidence?

Luck"?

A.) Sorry no
But Jesus said dozens of times that he has a God and that God is someone else .

Nobody believes what he said.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

See John 1:10. in a KJV.

'Yes, and the NT says that "mary is blessed among women"..
The "cult of the virgin" teaches TODAY.... that she's "sinless" at birth, just Like Jesus, and remained so always..... and that she died a "perpetual Virgin".... and that she flew to Heaven, just like Jesus.
The Catholic denomination teaches that Mary is a "co-author with Jesus, in Heaven, helping souls to be saved".

And on and on and and on the Mary worship just keeps going with the "cult of the Virgin".

Mary Festivals.
Mary Feast Days.
The Day of Ascension

and so many more DAYS devoted to MARY "devotion".

I just showed you the Pope bowing His head to a plastic statue of Mary.
Do you not understand this, "evidence"?
Then try this one.. and ask yourself....>"where is JESUS"...
-
View attachment 47126
The fact that the pope praying and a figure of the Virgin Mary are in the same photograph doesn't mean the Catholics worship the Virgin Mary.

Reactions: Augustin56