The Religious Architecture Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Operation Skyhook.

Its really just the fact of The Devil's "ministry".
He has His Ministry, , and he has his people doing it.

Sometimes what you have to do, is just realize..."would JESUS promote that'...... and if not, dont do that @Mattias.

I feel that you can comprehend my point, tho you may prove otherwise, as you would have it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Its really just the fact of The Devil's "ministry".
He has His Ministry, , and he has his people doing it.

’Tis true. ‘Tis true. Even under the banner which reads “Christian”.

Sometimes what you have to do, is just realize..."would JESUS promote that'...... and if not, dont do that @Mattias.

I feel that you can comprehend my point, tho you may prove otherwise, as you would have it.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is when I first became the Temple of God when His Spirit first dwelled in me. 1980. Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Attachments

• fish 026.jpg
    fish 026.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: ScottA and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only teachings which I defend and promote are the Messiah’s.

I have often wondered about you saying you are an "other faith".

Since this thread got somewhat derailed (maybe we can get back on architecture eventually :))....do you mind explaining a bit about why you don't consider yourself a Christian?

And apparently you had been a pastor?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have often wondered about you saying you are an "other faith".

Since this thread got somewhat derailed (maybe we can get back on architecture eventually :))....do you mind explaining a bit about why you don't consider yourself a Christian?

I am a Christian. I voluntarily changed my registration from “Christian” to “Other Faith” for a couple of reasons, but it was in response to Christians who were complaining that I shouldn’t be allowed to be a member of Christianity Board because I’m a primitive Christian, an Ante-Nicene Christian, not a Nicene Christian.

And apparently you had been a pastor?

Among other things, I’m a retired pastor.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's good to hear. It's a bit confusing to see "other faith" in your profile on the left hand side.

It’s a creative solution to a 17 centuries old problem. On the one hand, I don’t have posting privileges in “Christians Only“ forums. On the other hand, if a Christian wants to speak with me, he or she will have to seek me out.

I understand that it can be confusing, and I appreciate that you took the time to ask me about it.

I suggested the solution and discussed it with Board moderators and administrators, who subsequently reviewed and approved it.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back to architecture. Here is the first church ever built in Los Angeles, La Placita.... Spanish architecture.

It is located at Olvera Street where Los Angeles was founded.

la-placita-nuestra-senora-250-3103164806.jpg

templo_1-4154652330.png

Reactions: Behold

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 21 California historic missions up and down the coast....below is one of the loveliest, San Juan Capistrano Mission.

The Swallows return to the mission each March 19th where they have nests.

mission-san-juan-capistrano-courtyard-kyle-hanson-595764549.jpgth-2971844222.jpg

Reactions: Behold and amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"As unto the Lord" leaves no limit to expressing a place of communing with Him. Certainly, historically, it has even been its own ministry...and it is good.

Even so, there is a "but" give to us by Jesus:

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24​

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 21 California historic missions up and down the coast....below is one of the loveliest, San Juan Capistrano Mission.

The Swallows return to the mission each March 19th where they have nests.

View attachment 46800

That's awesome! My wife won a painting competition there, second place between two world renowned Chinese masters - a reflection cast in that same fountain:
pictures_of_lilies.jpg

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Santo Domingo Church in Oaxaca.
One of the best examples of Mexican Barroque. I got lost from my parents for few minutes inside this church when I was in Kindergarden. I still remember it.

1719249340997.png

Reactions: Debp and Behold