T U L I P explained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes no sense whatsoever....as I said you need to pray for more heart/ spirit revelation..
As do you. Isn't this true of us all?

Whatever you think the Holy Spirit is saying to you, if it disagrees with the Bible, then you are mistaken. The Holy Spirit will not contradict Himself.

In the case of Ephesians 2, it is very easily confirmed if you wish to that "spiritually dead" is not in fact written there, and it simply says "dead". This isn't a difficult thing, it's not a mystery, simple reading will show this.

Adding what God didn't say is not in my view a valid method to knowing His truth.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not everyone shares the same regard for Scripture.

What I have a difficult time understanding is that someone who claims to value communication from God doesn't value His words written for us.
Now my lovely, that’s your opinion of said member.

Who do you worship?

To me you worship your Bible it’s glued to your butt.

Me I worship God in my spirit and Praise His Glorious Name..each night I used to stand outside my front door..and shout “,Praise The Lord”...I’ve even had neighbours calling the police on me...for disturbing the peace...so I’ve had to stop doing it...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He made us Alive who were once spiritually dead, by bringing our spirit Alive in Christ...by becoming Born Of The Spirit
It does not say that in the word. Why are you adding to scripture?
Tell me what in you needs to be Alive to know that Jesus truly existed?

How did he make you Alive?

Just by the written word?
I told you 1000 times, I am not going down this rabbit trail again, You did not believe me the first time, You said I did not answer you.

Read the word. show me the word spirit in those passages I posted. Its not there. It says, YOU

Your spirit must me made Alive.
I was made alive if you want to call it my spirit so be it.. But the words says I was dead and i am made alive
How do you know you are Alive in Christ.

Just by reading the written word?
Because God said do. My faith is in that hope
You need God’s witness His Living Holy Spirit to make your spirit Born Again, then the written word backs up what the Living Holy Spirit witnesses to our spirit.

Do you understand that?

We need that Living spiritual birth?
I understand what I need, Do you?? I do not see it
Then tell me what did he make Alive in you?

Exactly, so I ask again what in you needs to be brought from death to Life?

I ask you again...you are posting snippets of scripture...which is the written word.

So I ask again how do you know that Jesus was who he says he was?

Who witnesses Jesus truth to your spirit/ heart?

It sounds to me like you are understanding the written word in your own spirit./ your own human intellect and understanding....and not by Gods Living witness His Holy Spirit ...witnessing these truths to your heart/spirit.

Do you know the Spirit of God in your heart/ spirit?

Or do you only know God through His written word?

If you know God in your spirit please explain how you came to know all about God / Jesus?

Or was it just by reading the written word?

That’s all I’m asking my friend.

Are you able to answer my previous questions that I asked you on my other posts addressed to you from me?
round and round we go.

Do you have any scripture to share??

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As do you. Isn't this true of us all?
Absolutely I agree.
Whatever you think the Holy Spirit is saying to you, if it disagrees with the Bible, then you are mistaken. The Holy Spirit will not contradict Himself.
Then show me where I have contradicted Gods written word?
In the case of Ephesians 2, it is very easily confirmed if you wish to that "spiritually dead" is not in fact written there, and it simply says "dead". This isn't a difficult thing, it's not a mystery, simple reading will show this.
“ You” were once dead in your sins..I take that as being spirit dead and my spirit at one time was alienated from God
Adding what God didn't say is not in my view a valid method to knowing His truth.
Whose adding tomGods word?

I said spiritual..seriously I’m sorry marks that is not a big deal...I am learning and being taught by the Spirit within me.
Much love!

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so:tell me @Eternally Grateful how did Jesus make you Alive?
I told you 1000 times, I am not going down this rabbit trail again, You did not believe me the first time, You said I did not answer you.
You have answered none of my Spirit questions i asked you...early this morning...not one did you answer
Read the word. show me the word spirit in those passages I posted. Its not there. It says, YOU
spirit in what passages...?..why haven’t you quoted those passages of scripture?
I was made alive if you want to call it my spirit so be it.. But the words says I was dead and i am made alive

You are not made Alive in Christ not until your spirit is Born Again..

@Eternally Grateful ...what in you has been made Alive in Christ....tell me what Alive in Christ means?

He isn’t walking the earth anymore...so are you saying you;are Alive in his body?
Because God said do. My faith is in that hope
Your faith is in what hope...by what you read in the written word, is that where your hope and faith are?
I understand what I need, Do you?? I do not see it
No quote so how am I supposed to know what you are talking about?
round and round we go.

Do you have any scripture to share??
I’ve shared plenty of scripture early this morning..to you and asked you Spirit questions on it sadly as usual to no avail.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know, you don't really hold back on your poor opinions of others.

Much love!
It was a joke...unfortunately you took it personally .

@marks ..do you actually think you hold back on opinions of members, think back to last night my friend...pot ,kettle ,black and all that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a joke...unfortunately you took it personally .
What makes that a joke? What about that is funny? You say stuff like that frequently of others. This is how you speak to those who disagree with you.

I know these are vain words, I'm not taking anything personally. You have no real knowledge of me, I know full well not to give your comments about me any attention, other than to point out how inappropriate they are.

I know it's not about me. You talk this way to many people.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
correct-she is adding to scriptures, not being familiar with scriptures.

Ephesians 2:1-5 (Textus Receptus)
1 Καὶ ὑμᾶς ὄντας νεκροὺς τοῖς παραπτώμασιν καὶ ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις 2 ἐν αἷς ποτε περιεπατήσατε κατὰ τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ κόσμου τούτου, κατὰ τὸν ἄρχοντα τῆς ἐξουσίας τοῦ ἀέρος, τοῦ νῦν ἐνεργοῦντος ἐν τοῖς υἱοῖς τῆς ἀπειθείας· 3 ἐν οἷς καὶ ἡμεῖς πάντες ἀνεστράφημέν ποτε ἐν ταῖς ἐπιθυμίαις τῆς σαρκὸς ἡμῶν, ποιοῦντες τὰ θελήματα τῆς σαρκὸς καὶ τῶν διανοιῶν, καὶ ἦμεν τέκνα φύσει ὀργῆς ὡς καὶ οἱ λοιποί· 4 ὁ δὲ θεὸς πλούσιος ὢν ἐν ἐλέει, διὰ τὴν πολλὴν ἀγάπην αὐτοῦ ἣν ἠγάπησεν ἡμᾶς, 5 καὶ ὄντας ἡμᾶς νεκροὺς τοῖς παραπτώμασιν συνεζωοποίησεν τῷ Χριστῷ,—χάριτί ἐστε σεσῳσμένοι—

Grammatical Analysis (KJV-Lexamus):
Verbs and Tenses:

"ὄντας" (being): This is a present active participle, indicating the state of being "dead" (νεκροὺς) in trespasses and sins.
"περιεπατήσατε" (ye walked): This is an aorist active indicative verb, describing a past action of walking or living according to worldly standards.
"ἠγάπησεν" (he loved): This is an aorist active indicative verb, indicating a past action of God's love toward us.
Nouns and Adjectives:

"παραπτώματα" (trespasses): This is a plural accusative noun, referring to specific acts of wrongdoing or moral failures.
"ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις" (sins): This is a plural dative noun, referring to the general condition of sinfulness.
Prepositions and Conjunctions:

"ἐν" (in): This preposition denotes the sphere or realm in which believers were dead in trespasses and sins.
"κατὰ" (according to): This preposition is used with the accusative case to indicate the manner or standard according to which people once walked.
Theological Insights:
Spiritual Condition: The grammatical structure of the passage emphasizes humanity's prior state of spiritual death and bondage to sin before God's intervention through Christ.

God's Initiative: The use of aorist tense verbs underscores God's decisive actions in history—His love, grace, and the transformative work of making believers alive in Christ (verse 5).

Salvation by Grace: The passage highlights salvation as entirely God's work, accomplished through His mercy and love, not by human effort or merit (verse 4).

So by examining the specific grammatical elements—verbs, nouns, prepositions—in Ephesians 2:1-5 based on the KJV-Lexamus (Textus Receptus), we gain a deeper understanding of Paul's theological teaching on the human condition, God's grace, and the transformative power of Christ's salvation as understood in this textual tradition. These insights align with biblical teachings and emphasize the centrality of Christ in the believer's new life and identity.

J.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What makes that a joke? What about that is funny?
Well, if you didn’t find it funny, then my apologies..it was meant as a joke.
You say stuff like that frequently of others. This is how you speak to those who disagree with you.
Sorry, you are trying to paint my character black...therefore I rebuke your personal opinion of me.
I know these are vain words, I'm not taking anything personally. You have no real knowledge of me, I know full well not to give your comments about me any attention, other than to point out how inappropriate they are.
Once again..trying to cause “ DRAMA” where there is none.
I know it's not about me. You talk this way to many people.

Much love!
Talk what way to many people?

Seriously...why haven’t you picked others up on this thread on how they are talking to members.

Are you trying to over dramatise my character?

Also Epi thread oh my that is a nasty thread at times from a certain member, yet I see no chastisement from you to that member....now let me guess I wonder why that is.... they agree with you marks

Truth must be spoken truthfully marks.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Sorry, you are trying to paint my character black...therefore I rebuke your personal opinion of me.

Seriously...why haven’t you picked others up on this thread on how they are talking to members.

Also Epi thread oh my that is a nasty thread at times from a certain member, yet I see no chastisement from you to that member....now let me guess I wonder why that is.

You need to grow up-you are stunted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also Epi thread oh my that is a nasty thread at times from a certain member, yet I see no chastisement from you to that member....now let me guess I wonder why that is.

Deflection.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please show me what I post doesn’t line up with scripture.

Instead of just voicing your own personal opinion..thank you.

Very much looking forward to you pointing out my errors.