Strength and Honor: Triumphing over Feminism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage was slavery. And remains such if one adheres to OT ideology. Even when revived for Gentiles in the NT.

Interestingly, many say teachings and laws in the OT don't spy to NT Christians today.
Yet, they will say the marriage edict does still hold authority.

In the beginning in America women were property of the husband. Which is why the marriage vows concluded with the pronunciation, man and wife.
The Bible promotes patriarchy or father-rule. Feminism and Scripture are incompatible.

I am in support of biblical patriarchy. Most men and women throughout history were simply trying to survive. Forcing wives to work in harsh conditions for survival was considered a shameful misfortune or worse, not a mark of respect for women.

With voting, men were expected to be drafted for the military and fight for tge country. Most women were not in favor of the suffrage or right to vote movement in the late 1800's. They saw politics as a distraction from the ways they prefered to influence society through home and enriched civic and religious life.

Biblical patriarchy makes married women a protected class with a divine, irreplaceable role in a man's life. Not just sex objects or breeders.

Besides, women could vote if they had property left to them in certain times and places in the U.S before the suffrage movement (will edit in reference later).
But for the most part it was one vote per household.

I do not think any movement of feminism needed to happen to improve women's lives, including the right to vote. Men were already inventing things to help the lives of women and children and will continue to do so. The more technology and wealth a society gets, the more options women have with or without feminism.

Deus vult

Jun 17, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hateful "I don't need a man" mantra. The way I see it, if a woman embraces this mantra, men should avoid her like the plague of death.

Independent of ANY relationship, all people, including women, should strive to be the best they can be. Everyone should strive to be healthy - mentally, physically, spiritually and yes, financially. The obvious hatred from feminism is chicks should do this cuz men are so bad. The feminist message seems to be to enter into a relationship with a man at your own risk and its wise to have one foot out the door AND a suitor or 2 on the side "just in case."

Another name for this feminist "wisdom" is not committed.

Our society laments men who don't want to commit. What is it they are expected to commit to? (Unworthy women). The slang term is refusal to "wife up" such unworthy women who feel entitled to be someone's wife - even though they 'don't need a man' - and never developed virtue. And asserting equality is not a virtue.
You’re a monster if you don’t allow her to have multiple suitors to get her needs met. A real husband who cares watches from the chair in the corner of a hotel room.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair Use:

Did you know that some women and African Americans won and lost the right to vote before the 15th and 19th Amendments to the Constitution became law?

Case Study: New Jersey

The 19th Amendment gave women the right to vote, but some New Jersey women could vote as early as 1776. New Jersey’s first constitution in 1776 gave voting rights to “all inhabitants of this colony, of full age, who are worth fifty pounds … and have resided within the county … for twelve months.” In 1790 the legislature reworded the law to say “he or she,” clarifying that both men and women had voting rights. But only single women could vote because married women could not own property. Still, many unmarried women voted in New Jersey in the 1790s and the very early 1800s.

African Americans in the state could vote if they met the residency and property requirements. In 1797, the New Jersey government required voters to be free inhabitants. We do not know if enslaved African Americans voted before this law was passed -- the property requirements made that unlikely, but no law specifically prohibited them from doing so.

In 1807, the state legislature restricted suffrage (voting rights) to tax-paying, white male citizens. This was done to give the Democratic-Republican Party an advantage in the 1808 presidential election. Women often voted for the opposing Federalist Party, so taking away women’s voting rights helped the Democratic-Republicans. This law also took voting rights away from African Americans.

New Jersey was not alone in granting and then taking away the vote from women and African Americans around the turn of the 1800s. In 1870, the 15th Amendment to the Constitution was passed. It stated that “the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.” But, it excluded women and those considered non-citizens at the time. In 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was passed. It stated that “The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex,” giving women the right to vote. Despite these Constitutional Amendments, laws and customs generally prevented African Americans from voting until the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1965 guaranteed access to the vote. (More)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14844a294a82d57a9e277f1012cf1e77.jpg

Priorities are the ultimate life hack!

For married women, I believe there's a biblical order:

1. God
2. Husband
3. Children (They may have urgent needs but they will likely grow up and leave, unlike the husband.
4.Home Management (Titus 2:3-5)
5.Money/Outside Ministry/Extended Family/Friends

Priorities are a blessing. They free us from guilt, indecision and chaos. If a woman cancels some outside church activities or volunteer committees to have energy for bedroom activities with the husband it may not look spiritual to outsiders but the rewards speak for themselves.

I am not against married women making money like the Proverbs 31 woman did. But money isn't everything---not if the kids are struggling and the home is chaotic and stressful.

I didn't put self on the priority list. I don't believe we have to fight to take care of ourselves if we get the priorities right. Christian women love helping others but risk overextending themselves in the wrong order without realizing it. Ive seen women serve on church committees till their bodies break down. While this may earn praise from people, it may be far from Godly.

I also don't believe in ignoring children to keep a spotless home. The home is for the family, not the other way around.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I also think many women experience the psychological trauma of discovering they've been sold a bill of goods - the supposedly "fulfilling" and "empowering" Career Life is just the drudgery most men even in highly paid professional careers have always found it to be. I remember many times looking at the stressed-out women in my office, shuffling papers and answering phones with the rest of us, and thinking "Explain to me how THIS is more rewarding and fulfilling than the life you would have in a traditional marriage."

---O'Darby III