Lucifer AKA Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.food4jws.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all on that list, lied, deceived, and knew it.
And so now you can read the heart's intentions of others? "and knew it" is a bold statement. You should have proof that their intentions were to purposely deceive.
Jerome for Example.... He just recreated the NT, at will, and this Infuriated Martin Luther, who was a Translator and read Jerome's "scripture twisting" mistranslations..... and that is one of the reasons that ML left the "cult of the Virgin".
Speaking of Luther, are you aware of his false prediction for the end times, as he interpreted the book of Daniel and believed his time were the last days.
Are you a Catholic?
If so, the reason you are doing "penance", is because JEROME mistranslated (on purpose) REPENTANCE, as "penance" and Catholics have been doing it ever since. @Berean
Former Catholic, I sent in my official resignation 42 years ago.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, that was your commentary about things you said I did and then you assigned them to me. I believe you have misunderstood what I have originally wrote if you feel that what you have assigned to me is "truth."
And it is I believe a true understanding of Luke 10:18 which is in the context of the message
Jesus said Satan fell, you say Jesus saw it in the present tense. Then later there are examples of Satan having not fell. Do you think there is a particular sense in which Satan fell?

Here is the context:

10:17 Then the seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons (illnesses) submit to us in your name Lk 10:17.

In other words they had success in their preaching and healing of disease and illness in the same manner as Christ was showing in his ministry.

To this you must agree however look a little further back and what did the Lord say to the 72?

10:3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs surrounded by wolves. Lk 10:3.

Who were the wolves?
Who was Jesus speaking of in Luke 10:3-18
Who represented Sodom?
Who were the ones who were adversaries of Christ and it is them who "fell" like lightening!

Wolves = satan = Adversary = Pharisees and Sadducees who were overcome by the faith and works of the 72.

So to answer your question, the Lord perceived they overcame the wolves and his joy is seen in the expressions / simile!

Thanks
F2F

Note: its ludicrous to import a story of an angel falling when its clearly not in the context of this teaching.

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it is I believe a true understanding of Luke 10:18 which is in the context of the message

Here is the context:

10:17 Then the seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons (illnesses) submit to us in your name Lk 10:17.

In other words they had success in their preaching and healing of disease and illness in the same manner as Christ was showing in his ministry.

To this you must agree however look a little further back and what did the Lord say to the 72?

10:3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs surrounded by wolves. Lk 10:3.

Who were the wolves?
Who was Jesus speaking of in Luke 10:3-18
Who represented Sodom?
Who were the ones who were adversaries of Christ and it is them who "fell" like lightening!

Wolves = satan = Adversary = Pharisees and Sadducees who were overcome by the faith and works of the 72.

So to answer your question, the Lord perceived they overcame the wolves and his joy is seen in the expressions / simile!

Thanks
F2F

Note: its ludicrous to import a story of an angel falling when its clearly not in the context of this teaching.
Ah, so you did misunderstand me. You don't believe Satan is the name of an actual angel, but rather an adversary in the general sense of the literal definition of the word. Is that it?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah, so you did misunderstand me. You don't believe Satan is the name of an actual angel, but rather an adversary in the general sense of the literal definition of the word. Is that it?
Correct, in almost all places in Scripture Satan is used of people (humans) except for once where it references God Himself.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Runningman Satan is also used of an obedient Angel in Numbers 22:22

Then God’s anger was kindled because he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to *oppose him Nu 22:22.

*The word is שָׂטָן (satan, “to be an adversary, to oppose”)

Truth is Runningman; you think you know the Scriptures but you actually don't - so many like you exist in ignorance while professing man made teachings.

To learn, all you would need to do is learn a few techniques to help guide you into truth, instead like most, you will run from this above truth - or try and find some means of explaining it away.

I'll sit here with a smirk wondering why people love man made notions over God's Truth

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@3 Resurrections

INCREASED UNDERSTANDING OF GOD LEADS TO INCREASED RESPONSIBILITY

To understand Ezekiel 28 you need to understand a deeper context to the Prophecy.

The Tyre being spoken of in Chapter 27 / 28 had changed since the time of David. Then Hiram King of Tyre showed kindness in building David a house

11 And Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and cedar trees, also carpenters and masons who built David a house. 12 And David knew that the Lord had established him king over Israel, and that he had exalted his kingdom for the sake of his people Israel. 2 Sa 5:11–12.

Tyre back then enjoyed supplying men and material to build the temple for Solomon (see 1 Kings 5:5-12). Such was the love and co-operation for Yahweh's project. But now Tyre had become wealthy, proud, and arrogant (Ezek 28:24). Tyre had become a malicious neighbour to Israel and therefore the object of Yahweh's wrath.

First point in dealing with Ezekiel 28 is to understand how God speaks of the Prince, as though he was a Jew such was the immense privilege the Prince had in trading with Israel!

Consider the facts with me:

1. God says, "You will die the death of the uncircumcised at the hands of foreigners for I have spoken, declares the sovereign Lord" Eze 28:10.

It's figurative language was to show how horrible his death would be...indicates that they would be treated in a disgraceful manner - less than human, as gentiles were viewed back then!

2. Continuing with the figurative language in Ezek 36:35 God describes the land of Israel, as Eden. Of the king of Tyre, God says, "You were in Eden, the garden of God." (Ezek 28:13)

God allowed him access to His Garden (hedged about place) which His Eyes are always upon (Deuteronomy 11:12)

3. This point is highly interesting because the prince is adorned with nine out of twelve precious stones worn on the breastplate of the high priest.

the ruby, topaz, and emerald, the chrysolite, onyx, and jasper, the sapphire, turquoise, and beryl; your settings and mounts were made of gold. Eze 28:13.

39:10 They set on it four rows of stones: a row with a ruby, a topaz, and a beryl—the first row; 39:11 and the second row, a turquoise, a sapphire, and an emerald; 39:12 and the third row, a jacinth, an agate, and an amethyst; 39:13 and the fourth row, a chrysolite, an onyx, and a jasper. They were enclosed in gold filigree settings. 39:14 The stones were for the names of the sons of Israel, twelve, corresponding to the number of their names. Each name corresponding to one of the twelve tribes was like the engravings of a seal. Ex 39:10–14.

Later in Ezek 28:14 we are told "You walked among the fiery stones." They were "stones of fire" because of the way they would shine when exposed to the brilliance of the Shekinah glory of the sanctuary. They symbolized the twelve tribes of Israel.

God allowed the Prince to walk amongst His Stones within the camps of Israel to honestly trade and create wealth from His People.

4. The Prince was anointed as a "guardian cherub, for so I ordained you." Again, such was the privilege that the Prince is spoken of as a Priest no different to those like Abraham, Samuel and many others who walk throughout the land. Ordainded and blessed by Yahweh but He treated this blessing with contempt.

5. "You were on the holy mount of God" (verse 14) Ezekiel 20:40 describes this holy mountain as being "The high mountain of Israel." Again, showing how the high places were open to the King of Tyre such was the blessing God placed on him.

6. "You sinned." (verse 16) The Prince became arrogant and full of pride and so as God has done throughout the prophecy he is teaching His People Israel that even a Gentile King with such privilege is responsible to His Laws.

The outcome for God's People listening to this taunt was for them hear Him and revere His Word and not to go a whoring after the Nations, which they sadly did.

The first audience understood the imagery of the...

a. The garden in Eden = Israel

b. The cherub = A Protected Prince

c. The Breast Plate and Stones = Israels Tribes

d. The Mountain of the Lord = God's Holiness

All these images brought together in one sublime Prophecy against the King of Tyre.

Now if you can provide literary context, historical context and supporting quotes to explain this chaptr in support of a fallen angel then by all means, provide it in your response.

In the Masters Service

F2F
@3 Resurrections

How did you go?

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll sit here with a smirk wondering why people love man made notions over God's Truth

F2F
Something tells me your arrogant smirk doesn't have my best interest in mind. So I will have to politely decline any assistance even if it benefited me. See, people have things called dignity. Better keep doing what I am doing on my terms, in my way, because no one loves me more than I do and I would never mislead myself, but perhaps you would. Nothing personal of course.

So you do admit Satan is the name of an angel. Ok. So why do you insist Jesus didn't have a vision about Satan falling like lightning when there are no examples of Satan falling like lightning until he was cast out of heaven?

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The anointed cherub "Prince of Tyre" described in Ezekiel 28:11-19 was "PERFECT IN THY WAYS from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." (Ez. 18:15).

This is not a statement that can be made about the human "Prince of Tyre" as described in Ezekiel 28:1-10. This man was one born "in Adam" with an inherent sin nature. Since Adam's fall, none of his descendants can be described as being "perfect in our ways" from our birth..

The angelic anointed cherub was created "perfect in his ways" originally, but fell into iniquity and became a fallen angel.

I repeat: Ezekiel 28 is split into two different prophecies, given about a human "Prince of Tyre" in Ez. 28:1-10, and then an angelic anointed cherub "Prince of Tyre" in Ez. 28:11-19.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something tells me your arrogant smirk doesn't have my best interest in mind. So I will have to politely decline any assistance even if it benefited me. See, people have things called dignity. Better keep doing what I am doing on my terms, in my way, because no one loves me more than I do and I would never mislead myself, but perhaps you would. Nothing personal of course.

So you do admit Satan is the name of an angel. Ok. So why do you insist Jesus didn't have a vision about Satan falling like lightning when there are no examples of Satan falling like lightning until he was cast out of heaven?
Yes, God laughs at the ignorant and foolish!...times like this I understand why.

Can you explain to me the link between the 72 returning from a successful preaching and healing effort with your fanciful story of an angel falling?

BTW - please provide Scriptural links which support this specific chapters and verse Luke 10:18

Thanks
F2F

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God laughs at the ignorant and foolish!...times like this I understand why.
You aren't God though. Maybe since you're the one smirking it's for you not me.

Can you explain to me the link between the 72 returning from a successful preaching and healing effort with your fanciful story of an angel falling?

BTW - please provide Scriptural links which support this specific chapters and verse Luke 10:18

Thanks
F2F
I don't see how your question is related to "Satan falling like lighting" as they were doing miracles before and after Jesus' statement.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You aren't God though.
I dont recall saying I was.
Maybe since you're the one smirking it's for you not me.
No, it was for you that much is true. You know precisely what you are doing with the text.
I don't see how your question is related to "Satan falling like lighting" as they were doing miracles before and after Jesus' statement.
The issue is you with you and not the text. The Story is consistent from all the previous chapters of Luke! Not once have you shown an understanding of the simile. Why is that? Is it because you don’t understand the literary tool Luke was using? So not only are you dishonest with the technique you force into the text a story which is nowhere found in all the library of Scripture.

As we have seen you are not alone in doing this.

F2F

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont recall saying I was.

No, it was for you that much is true. You know precisely what you are doing with the text.

The issue is you with you and not the text. The Story is consistent from all the previous chapters of Luke! Not once have you shown an understanding of the simile. Why is that? Is it because you don’t understand the literary tool Luke was using? So not only are you dishonest with the technique you force into the text a story which is nowhere found in all the library of Scripture.

As we have seen you are not alone in doing this.

F2F
No issues here. I disagree with you and have all of the Biblical evidence I need for Satan not falling until a future time. Jesus was speaking prophetically. Yes, it means the war in heaven is a future event.

Luke 10
18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Revelation 12
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No issues here. I disagree with you and have all of the Biblical evidence I need for Satan not falling until a future time. Jesus was speaking prophetically. Yes, it means the war in heaven is a future event.

So you believe Jesus was speaking of a literal angel falling from Heaven similar to a person sky diving from a plain to 72 disciples who returned from a successful preaching mission.

Out of interest do you watch a lot of Hollywood movies?

Luke 10
18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Revelation 12
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Okay so you have shown you can copy and paste two sections of Scripture and bring them together.

Now explain the context in both writings and show the connection from one to the other.

Where in Rev 12 does it teach you an angel falling?
Do you believe this is a literal dragon?

Here allow me to help you.

I'll list the symbolic imagery and you provide your interpratation? Please be sure to note if its literal or symbolic!

1. woman clothed with the sun Rev 12:1.
2. with the moon under her feet Rev 12:1.
3. and on her head was a crown of twelve stars Rev 12:1.
4 She was pregnant and was screaming in labor pains, struggling to give birth Re 12:2.
5. a huge red dragon that had seven heads and ten horns Re 12:3.
6. Now the dragon’s tail swept away a third of the stars in heaven and hurled them to the earth. Re 12:4.
7. Who does Michael represent in the prophecy?
8. Who are the angels and what do they represent?
9. Who is the Adversary (satan) represting in this prophecy?
10. What does Earth and Heaven represent?

Now, before you already reply, I know you are going to have problems with this list of 10 items. You will be forced to say "this is literal and this is symbolic", however, I doubt you have the keys to unlock this prophecy so you will come back with some lame excuse like the rest of your buddies who dreamed up these non Biblical notions.

I know you cannot explain a literal woman being clothed with the sun as much as you try to force your limited understanding of the adversary doing battle with Michael and the angels because you cannot interpret the symbols or place their fulfillment because the entire Revelation is some futuristic event and not as Christ said "the things which must shortly come to pass".

You do not understand Luke 10:18 because you wont acknowledge the story
You do not understand Rev 12 because you have not been taught how to interpret the symbol.

The Simile confounded you how much more the Imagery in the Revelation?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I repeat: Ezekiel 28 is split into two different prophecies, given about a human "Prince of Tyre" in Ez. 28:1-10, and then an angelic anointed cherub "Prince of Tyre" in Ez. 28:11-19.
The igronace in this ststement is outstanding.

28:11 The word of the Lord came to me: 28:12 “Son of man, sing a lament for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘This is what the sovereign Lord says: Eze 28:11–12.

The fact you cannot discern the Word of God is directed to the King of Tyre just shows an utter disregard for the text. It further shows you have no clue as to deciphering the imagery which has already been shown you in this thread. The fact you can't speak to that places you as a downright lier. You have no regard to God's Soverieign Word, only to change it into lies.

Christ condemned the Pharisees because they took the keys (of knowledge) away from the people and yet you would throw them back in his face saying I don't want them. What remains for you?

F2F

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
F2F, your caustic style of posting replies doesn't help in making your case. We get it that you don't believe scripture speaks of fallen celestial angels. We are disagreed on this point, but just because I think you are mistaken doesn't mean I think of you as a liar. All of us as believers are students of the Word of God in varying stages. I don't fault anyone for being fervent in trying to prove their points, but try to tone down the vitriol a bit.

I imagine that you are not considering the role of the celestial angels of God which were divided up according to the number of the world's nations in Peleg's time (Deut. 32:8) as overseers of human affairs in those nations (the "Watchers" Daniel 4:17 spoke of). In certain cases, this celestial angelic oversight of the nations became corrupted over time with some of those angels becoming enamored of the worship of humans. These non-elect, celestial angels who decided to accept human worship fell into the sin of pride and became devils, worshipped by the pagan Gentiles (1 Cor. 10:20 cp. Deut. 32:17). These were the "gods who were newly sprung up" whom the people worshipped and made images for.

So along with the righteous, celestial "elect angels" with their oversight of the nations, there were also fallen members of the angelic host of "Watchers" which had become equally invested in corrupting affairs in the nations of the world with evil (for example, the wicked, celestial "Prince of Persia" who opposed Daniel's angel in Daniel 10:13). Just as this evil "Prince of Persia" did, Satan who had once been the "anointed cherub" was called the "Prince of Tyre" in Ez. 28:11, who was acting behind the scenes of the human "Prince of Tyre" to corrupt affairs in that city.

But the righteous angelic oversight of the "Watchers" over the nations was not destined to continue into the New Covenant Ages (Hebrews 2:5). We believers who carry the Holy Spirit within us into the nations of the world have replaced them with our role as ambassadors of the "Great Commission" - to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. The remaining "elect angels" continue to serve God today, but not in the same role of the "Watchers" over the nations.

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe Jesus was speaking of a literal angel falling from Heaven similar to a person sky diving from a plain to 72 disciples who returned from a successful preaching mission.

Out of interest do you watch a lot of Hollywood movies?

Okay so you have shown you can copy and paste two sections of Scripture and bring them together.

Now explain the context in both writings and show the connection from one to the other.

Where in Rev 12 does it teach you an angel falling?
Do you believe this is a literal dragon?

I'll list the symbolic imagery and you provide your interpratation? Please be sure to note if its literal or symbolic!

4 She was pregnant and was screaming in labor pains, struggling to give birth Re 12:2.
6. Now the dragon’s tail swept away a third of the stars in heaven and hurled them to the earth. Re 12:4.
9. Who is the Adversary (satan) represting in this prophecy?

Now, before you already reply, I know you are going to have problems with this list of 10 items. You will be forced to say "this is literal and this is symbolic", however, I doubt you have the keys to unlock this prophecy so you will come back with some lame excuse like the rest of your buddies who dreamed up these non Biblical notions.

I know you cannot explain a literal woman being clothed with the sun as much as you try to force your limited understanding of the adversary doing battle with Michael and the angels because you cannot interpret the symbols or place their fulfillment because the entire Revelation is some futuristic event and not as Christ said "the things which must shortly come to pass".

You do not understand Luke 10:18 because you wont acknowledge the story
You do not understand Rev 12 because you have not been taught how to interpret the symbol.

The Simile confounded you how much more the Imagery in the Revelation?

F2F
You're suggesting a completely symbolic meaning to interpret the plain text reading of what Jesus said and what John wrote in Revelation. For starters, the plain text reading is the easier, more common sense, reading of Satan falling "like lightning" from heaven.

When the word "like" is used, it's a literary device called simile. What this does is provide imagery to the reader, but it also carries the understanding that Satan is not himself literally lightning. Not sure what your disconnect is here because you're here discussing this and then you don't seem to understand this.

Now we just need to find in the Bible where Satan fell in any way. I will accept that at Jesus' crucifixion is another possibility of where Satan "fell" but, that would once again not be consistent with Jesus' statement that he saw Satan fall in the present tense. See Colossians 2:14,15. This would once again require Jesus' statement be a prophetic vision of a future event. Then there is the more literal war in heaven where Satan is cast to earth from heaven, which would mean he fell down in Revelation 12:7-9.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

You also seem to suggest that Satan is not a literal angel who either is in heaven or goes to heaven. The Bible actually says otherwise. See Job 1:6, Ephesians 6:12, Revelation 12:10.

You seem to have what is called a theology and not something plainly stated in the Bible. You're beginning first with an idea or something you believe (which isn't stated in the Bible) and then you are attaching verses to it to try to bolster it using an interpretation of the very verses that is exclusively yours. The weakness of your position is that it isn't actually plainly stated in the Bible like my position is; on the other hand, I am not espousing a theology as I am pointing out that, decades after Jesus was taken to heaven by God, Paul said there are spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph. 6:12) which would rule out the spoiling of the principalities and powers at Jesus' crucifixion, that Paul mentioned in Colossians 2:14,15 as being what was Satan's definitive, final, fall.

Therefore, Satan's fall is a future event and Jesus saw this prophetically.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're suggesting a completely symbolic meaning to interpret the plain text reading of what Jesus said and what John wrote in Revelation. For starters, the plain text reading is the easier, more common sense, reading of Satan falling "like lightning" from heaven.

When the word "like" is used, it's a literary device called simile. What this does is provide imagery to the reader, but it also carries the understanding that Satan is not himself literally lightning. Not sure what your disconnect is here because you're here discussing this and then you don't seem to understand this.
"Like" equals symbol - the adversary is "like" lightning falling and actual lightning falling!

Now we just need to find in the Bible where Satan fell in any way. I will accept that at Jesus' crucifixion is another possibility of where Satan "fell" but, that would once again not be consistent with Jesus' statement that he saw Satan fall in the present tense.
possibility = man-made teaching
It also shows you have no idea what you're talking about

See Colossians 2:14,15. This would once again require Jesus' statement be a prophetic vision of a future event. Then there is the more literal war in heaven where Satan is cast to earth from heaven, which would mean he fell down in Revelation 12:7-9.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

You also seem to suggest that Satan is not a literal angel who either is in heaven or goes to heaven. The Bible actually says otherwise. See Job 1:6, Ephesians 6:12, Revelation 12:10.

You seem to have what is called a theology and not something plainly stated in the Bible. You're beginning first with an idea or something you believe (which isn't stated in the Bible) and then you are attaching verses to it to try to bolster it using an interpretation of the very verses that is exclusively yours. The weakness of your position is that it isn't actually plainly stated in the Bible like my position is; on the other hand, I am not espousing a theology as I am pointing out that, decades after Jesus was taken to heaven by God, Paul said there are spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph. 6:12) which would rule out the spoiling of the principalities and powers at Jesus' crucifixion, that Paul mentioned in Colossians 2:14,15 as being what was Satan's definitive, final, fall.

Therefore, Satan's fall is a future event and Jesus saw this prophetically.
Okay, so you totally ignored the challenge to identify the symbols of Rev 12 - I get it! I really do, you're trying to make sense of the Word of God without the Keys to unlock it.

Let's leave it here for two reasons. 1. you don't want to learn 2. you don't want to learn

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Runningman @3 Resurrections

I'll list the symbolic imagery of Rev 12 and you provide your interpretation? Please be sure to note, if its literal, or symbolic!

9. Who is the Adversary (satan) representing in this prophecy?

This is an exercise which if taken seriously will lead you to a fundamental truth about Rev 12 and your notions of a Fallen Angel.

I'm not so concerned if you are unable to identify the symbol, I'm more interested if you are able to state whether its Literal or Symbolic.

No fear!

Thanks
F2F

• Haha
Reactions: Runningman

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Runningman @3 Resurrections

I'll list the symbolic imagery of Rev 12 and you provide your interpretation? Please be sure to note, if its literal, or symbolic!

9. Who is the Adversary (satan) representing in this prophecy?

This is an exercise which if taken seriously will lead you to a fundamental truth about Rev 12 and your notions of a Fallen Angel.

I'm not so concerned if you are unable to identify the symbol, I'm more interested if you are able to state whether its Literal or Symbolic.

No fear!

Thanks
F2F
I am aware of the symbolism in Revelation and there is actually a lot more than what you provided. If something is demonstrably not symbolic elsewhere in Scripture then it follows it's not symbolic if it's mentioned in Revelation 12. That's why I am talking about the specific falling of Satan as something literal.