I Was A Soldier and I Am

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I was seventeen on January 25 of 1962, my mother was in Prison for her 12th turn, my sisters were in the local orphanage, my father was on Skid Row, and, my Stepfather, Dad, was drunk and scared I would see Combat, he had, and was POed with me for not finishing High School and joining the USAF.

On the 27th I was sworn into service with the US Army and for the next seven years and ten months I served my Nation as a flying Helicopter Crewchief, and Soldier, When I ETSed I did not become a former Cavalryman, I was just inactive.

In the fall of 1968, I was still pursuing my dream of becoming a famous CW Singer/Picker when Dollie released her cut of He's Alive. Every time that Number played on the radio or CMT I broke out in tears and could not control myself.

My best friend had been blown to pieces on 3 Nov, 1969, and at about seven, with the VC withdrawn, I found myself, a self-proclaimed Atheist, standing in the Company Street cursing the God I did not believe in. Then a still, quiet voice said, "Why curse me, you don't even believe. From that moment until some point in 11/1989, I was a Diest in search of the identity of God and at the point of conversion, 1/1/'90, I knew I would never blow Nashville away.

I remain an Inactive Cavalryman but have been an Active Soldier in Yehovah's Army since that first day of 1990, when Ruah, the Holy Spirit, assumed command and I welcomed Him home.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I failed I fear because I was looking for a response from a peace-at-any-cost position or an honest conscientious objector, one of the Biblical Perspectives can be enlightening. I often recall Sgt. York in these matters.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I failed I fear because I was looking for a response from a peace-at-any-cost position or an honest conscientious objector, one of the Biblical Perspectives can be enlightening. I often recall Sgt. York in these matters.
Maybe you'd get more response on that in the Christian debate or Christian theology sections of this forum. Testimonies and debates usually are separate. Hope that helps.