A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How UTTERLY evasive!

"Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

They are ONE!
Stop in the name of the law or live is written in singular but does mean singular in application.

Funny that you just ignore verses that don’t support your view. 1 Cor 11:3. Who is the head of Christ? Not himself.

MonoBiblical

Apr 18, 2024
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must fix this. AKAS is supposedly the equivalent of (Article Substantive Kai Article Substantive) ASKAS like in English. The article inflects with nouns to right of it, and usually agrees in gender and case in Greek, thus it needs repetition, and doesn't bleed through και.
thanks, daniel

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to explain the INFINITE God of the Bible?

Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
And yet Jesus plainly taught the Father in your Trinity is the only true (singular) God. How do you account for there being no mention of the Son and Holy Spirit there?

John 17
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop in the name of the law or live is written in singular but does mean singular in application.
Sure you're not JW? That's a JW argument.

Peter also said Jesus is God!
Funny that you just ignore verses that don’t support your view. 1 Cor 11:3. Who is the head of Christ? Not himself.
I used your Scriptures that clearly declare Jesus is God. And you totally ignore mine. How about more Scripture?

Isaiah called Jesus "Mighty God". ONLY God / Jesus are "Mighty God" in the Bible. Isaiah also said God sends Himself. You should read the Bible some time.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Jesus plainly taught the Father in your Trinity is the only true (singular) God. How do you account for there being no mention of the Son and Holy Spirit there?

John 17
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
And Paul, John, Thomas, Peter, Isaiah, say Jesus is God.

• Love

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Paul, John, Thomas, Peter, Isaiah, say Jesus is God.
And yet Jesus still plainly said the Father is the only true God. He didn't get it wrong did he?

Peter and John didn't say Jesus is God in Acts 4:24-27.

Thomas didn't say Jesus is God anywhere.

With Isaiah I guess you are referring to Isaiah 9:6 but Isaiah didn't say Jesus is God there.

Who did Jesus say his and his brothers' God is?

John 20
17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

• Wow

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Jesus still plainly said the Father is the only true God. He didn't get it wrong did he?
John 14:9
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Peter and John didn't say Jesus is God in Acts 4:24-27.
I didn't say Acts.
Thomas didn't say Jesus is God anywhere.
Yes he did! And Jesus didn't deny it! Jesus actually said Thomas is BLESSED!

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".
With Isaiah I guess you are referring to Isaiah 9:6 but Isaiah didn't say Jesus is God there.
Isaiah called Jesus "Mighty God".
Who did Jesus say his and his brothers' God is?

John 20
17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME (Singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

• Love

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:9
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
And yet Jesus said the Father is the only true God. Words have meaning and Jesus was right wasn't he?

I didn't say Acts.

Yes he did! And Jesus didn't deny it! Jesus actually said Thomas is BLESSED!
Now that's rare for someone to actually try to spin it into Thomas being blessed. Thomas, one who hadn't seen, was not blessed for requiring evidence of Jesus' resurrection. Thomas was not blessed. See below.

John 20
29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".
Didn't say "you" are God and it wouldn't matter anyway. Thomas isn't an authority on the deity of Jesus. Why did Jesus never say he is God?

Isaiah called Jesus "Mighty God".
Subjective translation. Same exact words in their plural form appear in Ezekiel 32:21 and they are not "mighty God" in English.

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME (Singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
What's your point?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter also said Jesus is God!
No, he did not.
I used your Scriptures that clearly declare Jesus is God.
No, you did not.
Isaiah called Jesus "Mighty God". ONLY God
I did not quote Scripture. Since you mention it, you fail to realize Jesus is not even referred to in that chapter. It shows how desperate you are to manufacture "support." Compare to Mark 1:1 Jesus is the son of God. Period. Do you believe Mark 1:1?

Reactions: Runningman

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack

Everything belongs to God, and all things were created by his power. So God did the right thing when he made Jesus perfect by suffering
Hebrews 2:10

QUESTIONS
1. Notice how nothing belongs to Jesus? According to the text, everything belongs to someone else.
2. To who does everything belong?

3. Notice how Jesus is not said to be eternally perfect?
(He changed over time. He was made perfect. This proves Jesus' nature is NOT that of an unchanging deity)​
4. Also, notice how Jesus did not make himself perfect?
5. Who made Jesus perfect by suffering?

Perhaps another point is that God cannot suffer for he is all powerful. Further proof Jesus is not who you say he is.