What Christ's Olivet Discourse Actually... Teaches, And To Whom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What timeframe is Christ's Olivet discourse for?

• It was fulfilled in 70 A.D.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It was fulfilled when Jesus visited His disciples for 40 days just after His resurrection.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is partially fulfilled, with the rest of it to be fulfilled at Christ's future coming.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It was fulfilled at Christ's 1st coming, and was given only for the Jews.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is yet to be fulfilled, and was given to Christ's Church.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

The PuP

Nov 7, 2022
puxico
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The writer of acts did even more to clarify that the apostles were not going to be the generation to experience all these things.

Act 1:6-7 KJV 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know[eido] the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

The knowledge(eido) of when Jesus' return is truly near, will be gained by the generation that experiences all these things. So when Jesus said, it is not for you to know/ eido the times and seasons, he confirmed to them that they would not be the generation to experience all these things.
Be Blessed
The PuP

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Took the words right out of my mouth. Most of the eschatology I heard in Church I couldn't agree with because of the many Scriptures I read.
Same here. And I disagreed with other things I heard in church as well.

I agree.
Jesus said, after the temple is destroyed the end would not come immediately.
He also said Jews would then go into exile to the nations, which happened also.

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by [hostile] armies, then understand [with confident assurance] that her complete destruction is near. 21 At that time, those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are inside the city (Jerusalem) must get out, and those who are [out] in the country must not enter the city; 22 for these are days of vengeance [of rendering full justice or satisfaction], so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. 23 Woe to those women who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For great trouble and anguish will be on the land, and wrath and retribution on this people [Israel]. 24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled (completed).

When did the Gentiles stop trampling Jerusalem while the Jews were in exile?
Never. They still have no temple. This is what I try to tell people, but mostly to no avail. Between the wrath described in Matthew 24:15-22, Mark 13:14-20 and Luke 21:20-24a is what Luke called "the times of the Gentiles". It is after the tribulation of THOSE days (at the end of the times of the Gentiles) that Jesus will return. This is not made clear in the Matthew and Mark accounts, but we thankfully have the Luke account (which largely gets ignored) to clarify that for us.