Unethical treatment of LGBTQ humans / Understanding LGBTQ - 101

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point, another question, how is it gender is not given at birth but sexual orientation is?
That's an interesting question. Welcome to the forum and this topic.

I gave these two definitions (among several) in the OP. (Opening Post #1)
Do these apply to what you are asking?

Gender Identity: In most cases gender is determined by birth sex.
But as we have all seen, hormonal imbalances can give us a broad range of maleness and femaleness.
There are very masculine females and very feminine males. and everything in between.

Sexual Orientation: Attraction to opposite sex, or same-sex partners.

\

Last edited:

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the changes that took place since the end of the first century A.D. strayed from the teachings of Yeshua and His apostles, I personally find that there is no existing creed that mirrors the teachings of Yeshua and those He sent to deliver His words.

I acknowledge that my learning comes from God after I have searched the scriptures (which requires examining manuscripts in Hebrew and Greek as well as English) to determine variations in translations. There are a large number of mistranslated words, but even they can be overcome by letting the rest of scripture provide understanding. Believing that scripture is "God-breathed" means that there are no contradictions, but in English translations; there are.

The phrase "know your bible" involves so much more than simply reading your chosen translation. The search for truth is something that a follower of Yeshua requires efforts that many never exert. We tend to be lazy and simply read commentaries as if that person writing them speaks for God.

So, I hold to no creed written by man. It makes me unpopular with those who do.
You are saying that there is no creed, confession or catechism in all of church history which you believe closely represents the truth of God's word?

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying that there is no creed, confession or catechism in all of church history which you believe closely represents the truth of God's word?
Closely is not good enough. Even Satan sways the sheep with mostly-true statements.

Reactions: BarneyFife

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Closely is not good enough. Even Satan sways the sheep with mostly-true statements.
This is a bit troubling.
The Creeds represent the minimum essentials of doctrine for the Christian faith.

Like you (and many others) I don't agree with any creed 100% (and there is also the questions of interpretation and misunderstanding) But... they do represent an attempt to codify what we believe essentially.

Perhaps the binary approach to creeds (on/off) is not the best way to look at them?

] cc: @Arthur81

Reactions: BarneyFife

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still trying to help Christians understand this COMPLEX issue that they have reduced to a knee-jerk reaction.
Not complex at all!

Romans 1:26-27
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful,