They're suing to get the ten commandments out of schools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why hear what I have said as an attack? The history of all the Nations is abysmal including that of Oz.
When we talk about 'the good old days' we have a very limited view of 'old days' yet when we expand our perspective we discover the old days were not so good......unless of course we live in a sheltered and limited bubble.
Well if you were Chines or Russian they weren't good old days. They were being butchered and starved by the millions. We are talking about teh GENERAL culture prevalent in America., We all can go back to the 50's and early 60's and find som ehorror stories in America, but we are talking about general atmosphere in the nation.

Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get 100 million indians slaughtered by the settlers and colonizers? That is a very large and unreasonable number.
Of course it is. But it sounds evil enough to condemn early settlers.

Much like the tally of Jews slaughtered during the Final Solution.

One historian years ago stated that some of the ridiculous high tally of dead outnumbered the total of Jews in all of Europe at the time.

Btw,how were the actual population of all people the FS targeted discerned?

Via IBM!
Who created and processed the equipment and cards for the census.

Let's not let an anti- American detail this thread further. If you feed them they won't stop.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is. But it sounds evil enough to condemn early settlers.

Much like the tally of Jews slaughtered during the Final Solution.

One historian years ago stated that some of the ridiculous high tally of dead outnumbered the total of Jews in all of Europe at the time.

Btw,how were the actual population of all people the FS targeted discerned?

Via IBM!
Who created and processed the equipment and cards for the census.

Let's not let an anti- American detail this thread further. If you feed them they won't stop.
Now if you would study history, you would find indian tribes slaughtered far more other indians than settlers ever did.

I would not call that historian a historian. It has been proven beyond refute that 6 million Jews died from 1934-1945 under the hand of the nazis. There were close to 18 million Jews alive during the start of WW 2, and the super majority lived in countries Germany occupied and shipped them to the crematoriums and death camps.

Don't know who FS is, but the Germans were meticulous in their bookkeeping at the camps. All prisoners were tattooed and listed in the books and whether they were jews, Poles, Russians, mentally challenged, gypsies etc. or not.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you were Chines or Russian they weren't good old days. They were being butchered and starved by the millions. We are talking about teh GENERAL culture prevalent in America., We all can go back to the 50's and early 60's and find som ehorror stories in America, but we are talking about general atmosphere in the nation.

I grew up in the 1950's and 60's. We never heard of divorce or murder and I lived in a city. We heard of one divorce and we were shocked at that!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in the 1950's and 60's. We never heard of divorce or murder and I lived in a city. We heard of one divorce and we were shocked at that!
In my hometown when I was 12 there was a woman murdered downtown. Shot.

It made front page news because that had never happened before.

Different times. All in part due to desensitized new generations. While the older folk like us have been pacified by chemical means as consumers.

So now those who lived to be old are entwined with a younger generation desensitized to the idea of killing us at their whim.

Last night 4 teens walked up our driveway late at night. I was coming home from work and saw them. They parted,I drove past,they gave me dirty looks. Then waited down the drive thinking I'd go in.

No. I waited. They start walking up and Iet them know,as posted,this is private property.
They asked me what my problem was.

When I was a kid the idea would never have crossed my mind to trespass for a shortcut home.

But today......

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's your hearing that reflects upon your intent when you posted.

Your contempt for Americans is pathetic.

You before have made blanket implications against America in threads that avail you that opportunity.

Now you make again an observation regarding our indigenous people when it has not a thing to do with this thread.
All the while forgetting the deplorable savage history of what was first an island penal colony turned nation, and the slaughter and subjugation of the Aboriginal peoples there so as to make it one.

Stick to the thread topics. Keep your bigoted anti-America hatred to yourself.

It makes you look in need of Salvation.

The bubble we're discussing here is very specific. Obviously it is not something an OZ citizen knows.
What is wrong with your hearing/ ears?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking in round figures when compiling National deaths over the period of the European invasion.

As someone else mentioned, Native American tribes often fought each other. Plus when they massacred settlers usually in inhumane ways, they would often be killed as the military had to protect the settlers.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So the guy promulgating approx. 145 million indians revised his numbers many times and is at odds with the majority of other historians. This is not a very scholarly presentation. Also he doesn't mention th emass slaughter that took place between tribes for several centuries!
I'm not going to argue the butchery or the numbers. Lets just say it is not advertised on the star spangled banner.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to argue the butchery or the numbers. Lets just say it is not advertised on the star spangled banner.
If you are looking for a pure nation- good luck! All nations reek with sin. And though America has many skeletons in its closet, America generally speaking, as a nation, has done far far more good for the world than harm. that is not to excuse its evil,, but to put it in perspective.

And I credit its goodness to the believers that once predominated america.