Miracles - Got Any To Share?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I am concerned God doesn’t change, nor does his power. I found it a miracle when my son came to faith , it was a miracle because God turned his thinking around. Now others wouldn’t class as such , but I do.
Oftentimes the miracle is in the eyes of the beholder.

]

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes....James 5:14 was written in the first century and they most certainly had the apostolic gifts back then....but after the apostles died, the gifts died with them....these scriptures are almost 2000 years old.
We no longer live in those times...we live in “the time of the end” right now......when everything the devil has set up will come crashing down...including his entire empire of false religion which has been deceiving mankind since the flood of Noah’s day, when Nimrod presented himself as the first rebel after the flood and the first false deity created for humans by the devil.

Ancient Babylon is the springboard for all false worship as it was there that Nimrod and his cronies first chose to set up their own empire. God put a stop to that when they began building the Tower of Babel, a structure with its “top in the heavens”, which they assumed would save them from another flood if God ever brought one, yet they knew that God had promised never to flood the world again....he wouldn’t need to because he will unleash power that the the human race has never experienced before, expressing his anger toward those who pollute his worship, defame his name and disobey every command Christ ever gave his disciples. We see the system unraveling as we speak....God will lift the lid completely and show the human race what they have been putting their faith in......

What is coming soon to this morally bankrupt and disintegrating world of disobedient mankind is a day of reckoning.....one where “sheep and goats” will be separated for different destinies.

Has your church prepared you what is coming....a time of distress that the world has never experienced before...and never will again. (Matt 24:21) Matt 24 is the chapter where Jesus gives his disciples a glimpse into the future, events that we have been experiencing for decades now. Daniel too wrote about our day.....and sounded the warning.....but who is listening?

God!

That's "who".
You have my deepest sympathy that you live in that belief as you described it.

I can't imagine how empty it is to live that way. Sad. So terribly sad.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who gets the Glory when things don’t pan out, but a situation is used in a mighty way. Romans 8:28
We will never understand the ‘ why ‘ sometimes when miracles don’t come because we don’t see the bigger picture, to say that God cannot work or doesn’t through ordinary people and in situations in walking a very thin line.
This is not about those small things that just ‘work out’ for the good of an individual....some are definitely the work of God’s spirit, as I have experienced myself many times....this is about actual miracles...the ones that defy explanation and are attributed to God as if they couldn’t happen any other way......my point is that the devil is a deceiver and can use his limited power in ways that bait unsuspecting humans who have never bothered to study God’s word, into believing that his tricks are from God.
There was a reason why all spiritistic practices were forbidden to God’s people (Deut 18:9-12)....all those practices originated from the devil, who has to promote his deceptions as truth.

Rom 8:28...
“We know that God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose”.....
There is no doubt about the truth of those words.....but....
Who are “those...called according to his purpose”?
What is God’s “purpose”?
If we cannot answer the questions that these Bible statements raise, how will we ever know the truth?
Details are important because answering those kinds of questions in one way or another, alters their meaning. The devil is in the loopholes. He fills those holes with all manner of deception.

If there is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism”, then we have to find these in “one truth”.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one can dispute that.
But what is God seeing and hearing when he looks down on the fractured and disunited rabble that pretends to be “Christianity” in today’s world? Who are doing the will of God and who are clearly not whilst wearing a denominational label?
I drove past the cemetery in my home town yesterday, only to see it sectioned off by denomination as if that matters to God. Are the dead Catholic or Jewish or Protestants or Muslims...or any other kind of man made religion?
If there is but one truth, then only God will help us find it in that sea of confusion. (John 6:44, 65)
You have my deepest sympathy that you live in that belief as you described it.
I can't imagine how empty it is to live that way. Sad. So terribly sad.
What is terribly sad is the fact that so many people are completely hoodwinked as to what God is or isn’t doing....in the past, present and future......the Bible tells us all we need to know about all three of those times, because it is all one story, told by one author using many secretaries......and his purpose for mankind has not altered since creation. Do we know what his purpose is?

If we are to praise God for his works on earth, but a pretender has usurped his place as “the god of this world”, (2 Cor 4:3-4) how will you know which “god” you are serving? One is a deceiver, clearly mimicking the other in order to gain his worshippers. We have to be giving praise to the right God.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Aunty Jane you said ‘ this is about actual miracles...the ones that defy explanation and are attributed to God as if they couldn’t happen any other way.... ‘

My son was an atheist and God turned him around - his opinions and thoughts changed in a week - I class that as a miracle, it’s fine if you want to just call it ordinary !

My post was also talking about the bigger things that have happened Within people testimonies. It’s true that I can not personally claim to have seen any physical healings / interventions that go beyond human capabilities , but that doesn’t mean I do not believe they happen when I have read accounts from others Over the years. Have you ever read ‘ Lillies amongst the thorns ‘ - amazing testimonies of what God brought about in the persecuted church in China. I do not believe that those things were deceptions from Satan.
This doesn’t negate the fact that Satan is active in this world, and of course there are deceptions as well.
I am non denominational

Interesting translation of Romans 8:28 , presume that is from the JW Bible.
I don’t really argue when it comes to ‘ what you believe ‘ verses ‘ what I believe ‘ …..you Have already decided that you don’t believe certain things happen. I don’t tend to put God in a box and say ‘ he can’t do certain things ‘ that’s just where I am at this moment in time.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In brief,I know someone who was given a few days to live at best given their condition.

The family was of course devastated. And yet very committed to their faith.

The mom called their pastor. The pastor called elders in the church. Men and women.
Those elders called every member of the church and told them the situation and asked them to pray.

Many of these people came to the house. They circled his bed. He was unconscious and of course unaware. They held hands and prayed together.

Others would come and spell those who surrounded his bed in prayer. This so those first folk could take a break,while the prayer circle that surrounded him continued without ceasing.

More people arrived to spell others. And those who were so inclined stayed in the house after and continued to pray.

The call to the pastor occurred in the morning. The first prayer warriors arrived before noon.

The next day he became conscious and acted as if he'd only been in a deep sleep.
He ate a light breakfast,took a shower and went to work.

Some think that was not a miracle.

Fifteen years after all that, Jason is still here so to disagree.

Satan doesn't heal people who are dozens deep in a sick room praying to God for a miracle.

Reactions: amadeus

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@BlessedPeace you are free to believe as you wish…..but what makes no sense to me are the random circumstances involved……can you tell me why many Christians would die in the same circumstances? Prayers equally sincere, going unanswered for some but not others. As I said before, is there a “fickle finger of fate” determining who gets to live and who dies?
If this worked for this man, can you tell me how that is the same as the miracles that occurred in the first century? A mere touch, or a word….or even the shadow of an apostle falling on someone, cured them completely.
There were no “prayer circles” in the first century. No one had to be relieved out of a circle…..

As much as you want to believe this was from God…..I don’t see it like that. No one who approached Jesus for a cure walked away unhealed. Too many get no cure at all….just disappointment and death.
I don’t believe God is like that…..

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My son was an atheist and God turned him around - his opinions and thoughts changed in a week - I class that as a miracle, it’s fine if you want to just call it ordinary !
These are not the “miracles” that occurred in the first century though…..Jesus taught that no one can come to the son without an invitation from his Father (John 6:44, 65)….that is between the individual and God……I am sure that this happened in the first century too, but it came about after hearing the Christian message, not because of a supernatural occurrence. It’s why Christ’s disciples were sent out to preach. If it was a miracle, why wouldn’t God just make everyone believers?
Interesting translation of Romans 8:28 , presume that is from the JW Bible.
KJV….”And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.“

ESV…”And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.“

NASB….”And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.“

NCB…”We know that God makes all things work together for good for those who love him and who are called according to his purpose.“

I give up…how is it so different?

NWT…..”We know that God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose.” (JW Bible)

“Work together”….”Cooperate together”…..is from one Greek word….”synergeō” and it means……
  1. to work together, help in work, be partner in labour
  2. to put forth power together with and thereby to assist”
Same difference…..why do you find it “interesting”? Does it convey something different?
The questions in connection with the words remain the same….
Who are those “called”…and what is “God’s purpose”?

If we quote scripture, then we should know what it means….shouldn’t we?

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m confident every person with the Holy Spirit…”with OR within” them… routinely experience Miracles:

FROM minor near devastating misses, (be it a fall, auto accident, tornado, theft, etc. to major diseases, drowning, death, etc.)

AND would estimate Believers AND Converted Believers…routinely, immediately,, acknowledge the Intervention, accrediting…“THANK GOD, THANK JESUS”…

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Rita and Cyd

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m confident every person with the Holy Spirit…”with OR within” them… routinely experience Miracles:

FROM minor near devastating misses, (be it a fall, auto accident, tornado, theft, etc. to major diseases, drowning, death, etc.)

AND would estimate Believers AND Converted Believers…routinely, immediately,, acknowledge the Intervention, accrediting…“THANK GOD, THANK JESUS”…

Glory to God,
Taken
I agree, I have witnessed being the receiver of many to me miracles in my walk, even seen God defend me seeing the judgment of others as I would ask the Lord what to do and followed as directed. Why list things when to me as @Rita said they are miracles to her and am sure answer of God to Rita's prayers and waiting on the Lord just trusting the Lord's timing.

• Love
Reactions: Rita and Taken

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To attribute these things to “miracles” from God however, is to cast doubt on God’s love….why would he save this child and not other children who are victims of other natural disasters, or who are victims of domestic abuse, or who drown in swimming pools? Where was God for them?

I don't think so Sister. Our God is a Just God. So I think it might have something to do with innocence? That baby was too young to be guilty of anything. All things work together for good for those who love God, correct? Yes.

The baby still loved God and hadnt learned how to be rebellious against God yet. Scripture say, He knew us before we were in the womb, true? Yes. So the baby...just left from God! Just now! He obviously has plans for that baby! Other children which lead tragically short lives wherein in their justice? God has a sliding scale for those people's lives who were cut short. It may have had a purpose. In the disadvantaged household where the dad is in prison and the mom's a crackhead junkie in a bad neighbrohood and the 15 yr old son was mistaken for agang banger and needlessly shot...And everybody gets shook up by those events and the entire family gets saved, dad comes to Christ, the mama gets her act together, and her 3 other kids too. or something like that.

Oh it may look like a bad sitrep on earth but it wont look that way in heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, I have witnessed being the receiver of many to me miracles in my walk, even seen God defend me seeing the judgment of others as I would ask the Lord what to do and followed as directed. Why list things when to me as @Rita said they are miracles to her and am sure answer of God to Rita's prayers and waiting on the Lord just trusting the Lord's timing.

Agree. Asking the Lord Gods protection … sending His Angels to watch over us (on a trip for example)…to solve a dilemma of looking for something…and trusting and accrediting and thanking the Lord God, for putting IN our PATH His Answer.

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Cyd

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Asking the Lord Gods protection … sending His Angels to watch over us (on a trip for example)…to solve a dilemma of looking for something…and trusting and accrediting and thanking the Lord God, for putting IN our PATH His Answer.

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken
True and I have done also, it was interesting to me with the beginner of this post had nothing to say regarding them but brings up someone they knew... puts a flag up to me.
God Bless You but then I know He does.

• Love
Reactions: Rita and Taken

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have so many testimonies that I could share, it's wow. Where do I start? I've never really seen the red sea parted or someone raised from the dead or a miracle in real life of that "bigness". Nevertheless there's been so many pint sized supernatural helpings to my life that I have to wonder, why doesnt everyone else have little miracles happen daily or weekly? It's normal isnt it? I have some favorite ones, One time, an Angel came to my Garage sale and talked his own price up!. Looked like a man though. Another time, This is one is my best and favorite ones: He answered a prayer for me that I did not pray. The Creator of the universe had coffee delivered to my front door! I was out of coffee and I had company coming on the way over.

I thought about praying for some work because it was the slow season and I was broke and the broker you get the more you pray, lol! I felt bad that my friend was going to show up and I couldnt make the man a cup of coffee! And as I thought about praying for work, I remembered the scripture that says dont worry about it, God knows your needs before you ask...! I thought, oh alright. I dont need to pray about it.

And my friend showed up with coffee in his hand. Good gourmet hawaiian coffee beans! It was good! He did not know that I was out of coffee. I didn't tell him. What just happened? I didnt pray about coffee at all. That was just something that was in my heart. Good Host and all that. Then I realized that what I did was accidently stood on the word in faith by not praying after my intent was to pray. I stood on faith that, He knows I'm out of coffee already but since I stood on faith in His word, He was all over it and delivered coffee to me in less than 30 minutes from when I didn't pray for it! It showed up right at the time I had just poured the very last cup so it's time to put on another pot of coffee. That's the Lord for you. Last minute, never late! :)

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These are not the “miracles” that occurred in the first century though…..Jesus taught that no one can come to the son without an invitation from his Father (John 6:44, 65)….that is between the individual and God……I am sure that this happened in the first century too, but it came about after hearing the Christian message, not because of a supernatural occurrence. It’s why Christ’s disciples were sent out to preach. If it was a miracle, why wouldn’t God just make everyone believers?

KJV….”And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.“

ESV…”And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.“

NASB….”And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.“

NCB…”We know that God makes all things work together for good for those who love him and who are called according to his purpose.“

I give up…how is it so different?

NWT…..”We know that God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose.” (JW Bible)

“Work together”….”Cooperate together”…..is from one Greek word….”synergeō” and it means……
  1. to work together, help in work, be partner in labour
  2. to put forth power together with and thereby to assist”
Same difference…..why do you find it “interesting”? Does it convey something different?
The questions in connection with the words remain the same….
Who are those “called”…and what is “God’s purpose”?

If we quote scripture, then we should know what it means….shouldn’t we?
Just said it was interesting, it’s not a translation I had read before - One of the points you made earlier was against Christendom - i don‘t believe As a JW that you believe anyone outside of this particular church are ‘ those who are called ‘
Also, from a personally prospective everything I have Ever gone through has been used by God in some way in my life - so Romans 8:28 has become very personal as a truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace you are free to believe as you wish…..but what makes no sense to me are the random circumstances involved……can you tell me why many Christians would die in the same circumstances? Prayers equally sincere, going unanswered for some but not others. As I said before, is there a “fickle finger of fate” determining who gets to live and who dies?
If this worked for this man, can you tell me how that is the same as the miracles that occurred in the first century? A mere touch, or a word….or even the shadow of an apostle falling on someone, cured them completely.
There were no “prayer circles” in the first century. No one had to be relieved out of a circle…..

As much as you want to believe this was from God…..I don’t see it like that. No one who approached Jesus for a cure walked away unhealed. Too many get no cure at all….just disappointment and death.

Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec 3:2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ec 3:3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ec 3:4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ec 3:5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ec 3:6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ec 3:7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ec 3:8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
And does not God know the time? Does God ever reveal the time for a particular thing to an individual? Are the works of God no longer manifested today?

Joh 9:2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Should we today limit God by our unbelief... or because we have decided, logically or not, God's limits?
Does anyone today limit God? Consider this in the OT:

Ps 78:41Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
Consider then this:

Mt 13:58And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
And this:
Mt 17:19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mt 17:20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace you are free to believe as you wish…..but what makes no sense to me are the random circumstances involved……can you tell me why many Christians would die in the same circumstances?
Maybe they're JW's .
Prayers equally sincere, going unanswered for some but not others. As I said before, is there a “fickle finger of fate” determining who gets to live and who dies?

I don't think you believe in the same God as Christians do.
God can do anything. Those who aren't healed,if in the faith,aren't disappointed.