Miracles - Got Any To Share?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Strange things happen…….seemingly unexplainable. But they can happen in reverse too. A friend of ours was involved in a car accident some years ago, in which the car rolled over but damage to the vehicle was minimal, so you would have expected the driver to walk away unharmed, yet he was killed…broke his neck. Others have survived horrendous crashes despite the vehicle being a mangled mess. Do we sometimes wonder who is up there pointing the fickle finger of fate?….and for what reason would God save some and not others? Even Christians can have dreadful events happen to them? Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? Many people ask this question.
To attribute these things to “miracles” from God however, is to cast doubt on God’s love….why would he save this child and not other children who are victims of other natural disasters, or who are victims of domestic abuse, or who drown in swimming pools? Where was God for them?

I know that there are some who still believe that God performs the same kind of miracles that he did in the first century, but I for one do not see anything even close to that. God is not the only miracle worker.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange things happen…….seemingly unexplainable. But they can happen in reverse too. A friend of ours was involved in a car accident some years ago, in which the car rolled over but damage to the vehicle was minimal, so you would have expected the driver to walk away unharmed, yet he was killed…broke his neck. Others have survived horrendous crashes despite the vehicle being a mangled mess. Do we sometimes wonder who is up there pointing the fickle finger of fate?….and for what reason would God save some and not others? Even Christians can have dreadful events happen to them? Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? Many people ask this question.
To attribute these things to “miracles” from God however, is to cast doubt on God’s love….why would he save this child and not other children who are victims of other natural disasters, or who are victims of domestic abuse, or who drown in swimming pools? Where was God for them?

I know that there are some who still believe that God performs the same kind of miracles that he did in the first century, but I for one do not see anything even close to that. God is not the only miracle worker.
Who else is the
Miracle worker?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who else is the
Miracle worker?
Who else has supernatural power to imitate the miracles of God....did you know that Pharaoh’s magicians could replicate the miracles performed by Moses?

If the devil is masquerading as “an angel of light” in order to deceive, then there is your answer....
“Signs and wonders” are attributed to him as he endeavours to mislead people away from the true God.

2 Thess 2:9-10...speaking of the coming apostasy, Paul said....
“But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved.”

People are fascinated by the supernatural, but God’s people were warned to have nothing to do with those who practice such things (Deut 18:9-12)....those who are in league with the devil in his counterfeit, imitation “Christianity” will promote such things as if they are from God....seemingly harmless and even beneficial.

However, the miracles were to cease with the apostles.....because they had accomplished their goal....to draw people to Christ.....but once the Christian congregations had gained many converts, it was time to “grow up”, no longer needing visual things, but based on knowledge and understanding of God’s word by means of his spirit. They now had to exhibit faith in what they could not see.

Reactions: Cassandra and TheHC

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who else has supernatural power to imitate the miracles of God....did you know that Pharaoh’s magicians could replicate the miracles performed by Moses?

If the devil is masquerading as “an angel of light” in order to deceive, then there is your answer....
“Signs and wonders” are attributed to him as he endeavours to mislead people away from the true God.

“But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved.”

People are fascinated by the supernatural, but God’s people were warned to have nothing to do with those who practice such things (Deut 18:9-12)....those who are in league with the devil in his counterfeit, imitation “Christianity” will promote such things as if they are from God....seemingly harmless and even beneficial.

However, the miracles were to cease with the apostles.....because they had accomplished their goal....to draw people to Christ.....but once the Christian congregations had gained many converts, it was time to “grow up”, no longer needing visual things, but based on knowledge and understanding of God’s word by means of his spirit. They now had to exhibit faith in what they could not see.
I'm replying to that part of your post that I set in bold font.

Consider John 14 does not concur with your observation.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand it, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to attribute the works of God to Beelzebub. (Satan)

Luke 11:15 NIV
But some of them said, “By Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.”

Matthew 12:27-28 NIV
And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.
28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 12:31 NIV
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven,
but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

]

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is something that happened to me. I don't know the outcome.
I have shared it on the forum before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vision like an eagle

I recall it was a Sunday evening service at church. We had a local guest speaker I was familiar with.
After the sermon/teaching he was praying for people at the front of the church, the altar area.
I had gone down to help. Sometimes people go down when they are overwhelmed by the Spirit.
I was there as a catcher. I stood behind those being prayed for to make sure they had
a soft landing if they went down, Worship music was playing in the background.

Everyone had been prayed for, but I remained at the front worshiping God and enjoying his presence.
The song with a lyric "on eagles wings" was playing and so I stretched out my arms and swayed like and eagle in flight.
Just then the minister stepped forward and put a hand on my forehead declaring out loud, "Vision like an eagle!"
It startled me, I didn't anticipate it. But I received what he prophesied over me with a nod and a "Yes."

Nothing unusual happened in that moment. So I went me way thinking it was for another time. Indeed.

In the following weeks I began to have a recurring picture in my mind;s eye.
I recognized it as a familiar street in a neighboring city. I had no idea what it meant.
But it happened several times. And then stopped.

Several weeks later I was in the downtown area of my town on my bicycle.
I finished my business and was turning around to go home when I remembered the area in the vision,
Since I wasn't far away, I thought I should ride over there and see if there was something there for me.

I rode up one side of the street looking at all the store fronts and anyone that might be there.
For some reason I was completely oblivious to what was happening right across the street. - LOL

I rode as far as I thought I needed to and decided to cross the street in the middle of the block
and go back on the other side. It was then that I notice a woman examining the back of her car as if it was damaged.
I also noticed that she looked rather sickly. A very pale complexion. Hmm... ???

I crossed the street and went past her. At that Moment God spoke to me loudly. "Go talk to that woman."
At that moment I also noticed the squad car at the scene of an accident that I had overlooked earlier.
As I turned my bike around, I asked God what I should say to her. My question was met with silence.
So typical for these encounters. - LOL

The woman was walking toward me so I stopped my bike. I needed to talk to her. What should I say?
As she neared I spoke up. "It looks like there was an accident here." She affirmed my comment and said she had been
hit by a car coming home from a doctor's appointment. At this point I was face to face with the woman.

She did look VERY sickly. I noticed that her hair was either falling out or growing back, not sure which.
And there were bumps on her head that looked like cancerous growths. So I asked here if she had cancer.

She conceded that she did indeed have cancer. I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed to let me do that.
I dismounted my bike and asked if I could lay a hand on her shoulder. Yes. I stumbled through an awkward prayer.
But I felt God's presence surrounding us. When I finished, she made the sign of the cross on her chest.
I assumed she was Catholic. I bid her well and left for home on my bicycle.

Tears streamed down my face as I considered what had just happened.
The logistics of this divine appointment blew my mind.

]

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had many opportunities to pray for people in need. I rarely know the outcome.
But there was one instance where it was clear what happened.

An evening healing service at our church drew a number of people to the front of the church. The leader had everyone in line turn to the right and lay hands on the person in front of them.

I was at the end of the line so there was no one to pray for me.
However, the man in front of me had come in using a cane. (unusual for him) He had an injury that he wanted prayer for. He was in a lot of pain.

We were learning an interview style of praying for the sick/injured. So, I asked him question to get a benchmark to start from.

I prayed for him and then asked him if he felt anything. He said he felt a tremendous heat on his back where I had been laying hands. I felt it too, but didn't tell him about it. I wanted to hear from him.

So, we pressed in again and kept at it. Then he reported that the pain was gone. He left the prayer line and walked around the sanctuary waving the cane in the air.

Reminded me of this. (the Apostle Peter, a mere human) And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. - Acts 3:8 NIV

The next Sunday morning the healed man testified that he had been healed by God, and he pointed to me as the one who had prayed for him.

]

PS95

Jun 16, 2024
Eastern Shore
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan saved that baby according to the JW, Auntie Jane.
Yep.-- He is around performing acts of love constantly. .. it's all just big TRICK to a JW!
JWs believe that they are
not in the new covenant,
not born again,
Jesus is not their mediator,
Jesus did not die for OUR sins,
Physical death is how JW sins are forgiven thier sins
The Word of God is a creature
Christians are antichrists, etc etc etc. I could go on but I think I will start a new thread about it.

We should not be suprised that spiritual discernment is lacking.

Auntie Jane, you can be a new creation in JESUS- accept His love and call on HIs Name!

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I understand it, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to attribute the works of God to Beelzebub. (Satan)

Luke 11:15 NIV
But some of them said, “By Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.”

Matthew 12:27-28 NIV
And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.
28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 12:31 NIV
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven,
but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

It works the other way around too......attributing a demonic intervention to God is also blasphemy.

What does satan have to gain from pretending to be “an angel of light”? Isn’t it obvious?
If the apostasy was going to produce a crop of “weeds” (counterfeit Christians) and the weeds could be spread by “fertilising” that crop with fake healings, and any number of beliefs that make people feel good.....the “angel of light” trick has succeeded.

The healings in the first century are a completely different kettle of fish to those we see after the apostolic period and in more modern times.

Jesus himself said that when he delivers his final judgment, he will have “many” who say....”Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’” (Matt 7:22-23) “NEVER” means “not ever”.....

These so called supernatural “works” are clearly NOT from God, yet are interpreted as such......the recipients and practitioners alike will be horrified at his rejection, assuming that they were receiving the works of the holy spirit, but it was the devil’s tricks that they have fallen for.....

We have reason to pause and ask a few questions then.....

First of all....were the miracles of the first century ever performed on believers? The answer is NO.
Only unbelievers were healed in order to bring them to Christ as their savior. Those who received the miracles believed and became disciples......but Jesus also warned that the miracles themselves were a means to an end, not an end in themselves. When the crowds who were fed kept following him, he asked if they had only come for the free food....indicating that there was a selfish motive in their actions.
We know what the term “rice Christian” comes from, don’t we?

Secondly, the apostles never used the gifts on themselves or fellow believers as was demonstrated by Paul in his words to Timothy...”Do not drink water any longer, but take a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.” (1 Tim 5:23) Many cases of sickness are cause by water born parasites and bacteria. Paul had the gifts of the spirit, but he did not use them on Timothy, because that was not their purpose. They were specifically for the benefit of unbelievers so that they would believe.....and become followers of the Christ.

Thirdly, those who came to Christ and his apostles for healing did not experience any failure to receive a cure....ALL were 100% cured of any ailment or infirmity...and even physical deformities. We do not see this today....there are many failures and disappointments indicating that the power used is not the same one that facilitated the miracles in Jesus’ day. The healers blame the people for “not having enough faith”....but that was never the case in the first century. Some mentioned in Scripture who received a healing, did not know who Jesus was.

Lastly, satan can mimic God’s power to a degree, but he cannot raise the dead. Any claim by anyone that a dead person was brought back to life in our day must be substantiated by more than hearsay....even more than medical degrees.

If we understand where the phrases “graveyard shift” or “dead ringer” orginated, they would know that sometimes people got it all wrong in assuming that someone had died as the coffins of the dead exhumed many years later found scratch marks on the interior, where it indicated that the person was assumed to be dead but was actually buried alive. This happened so often that people were put on the “graveyard shift” so that they could hear a “dead ringer”......a bell was attached to the dead persons finger so that if they awakened in their coffin, they could call for help by ringing the bell.

In the old days, after a person died, they were laid out on the dining room table whilst friends and relatives paid their respects before burial. It was called a “wake” because time was allowed for the person to “wake” up (usually three days) in case they were not really dead. We know that people have woken up in a morgue because of cases of narcolepsy......even after doctors had pronounced them dead.

All is not as it seems in a world ruled by the devil (1 John 5:19)...deception is everywhere, and only God can snatch a person out of the devil’s counterfeit religions...and teach them his truth......satan has thousands of different religions to cater to every religious taste....even to people’s unbelief.
His biggest success in our day, is evolution....getting the whole world of science to believe that everything in the universe got here by chance......you don’t need a creator god at all!
What a miraculous thing “chance” is!

His other great success is dressing up false religion as the real thing, but giving people so many choices that they don’t know who or what to believe.....

Where are we all in this picture? God knows, but we may not, judging by Jesus’ words to those he says he “NEVER KNEW”. They are not aware that they are on the wrong road because God will not correct a wicked heart...he allows them to entertain their own delusions. (2 Thess 2:9-12)......
There are only two roads.....one leads to life, the other to destruction. “Many” are on the super highway to death....but “few” have found the entrance (gate) to the “road to life”, because it is “narrow” and the way is “camped”. Only God can guide us to the entrance.....and keep us on the difficult path it leads to.

Reactions: Cassandra

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Who was this addressed to? It was to his apostles......
John 14 begins with the words....
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 4 And where I am going, you know the way.”

He was speaking to those who would be granted positions of ‘priesthood’ and ‘rulership’ in the heavenly kingdom.....(Rev 20:6) Only those chosen for that role will go to heaven to implement the rulership of God, in order to get the human race back to his first purpose for them. What God starts, he finishes. (Isa 55:11)

These would be granted the gifts of the spirit, to continue to bring believing Jews and Gentiles to Christ, but with the death of the apostles, the gifts ceased. Why? Because they had fulfilled their purpose in showing the Jewish people that God’s favor had shifted from their apostate religious system, under the devil inspired Pharisees, to the one introduced by “the son of God” who instituted “the new covenant” (foretold by Jeremiah) with his apostles on the night of his arrest. The last Passover.

The miracles in the church system are not genuine......they fall way short of the ones performed in the first century......yet it is supposedly the same holy spirit at work?......especially is this true in the RCC in connection with the so called appearances of Mary and miracles associated with her. Satan has millions of people around the world, focussed on someone who was never mentioned in Scripture as anyone but the “mother of Jesus”.
She supplants Jesus and his Father in their worship....given way more attention than even Jesus or his apostles gave her. She was no doubt a fine and faithful woman, but certainly not deserving of the status given her by a church who wanted to incorporate ancient mother goddess worship. They could only accomplish that be making Jesus into something he never was.

And if you look at the picture in your signature, can you not see the feminization of the Christ complete with a halo that is of pagan origin. (borrowed directly from Roman sun worship)

Is this the mighty warrior King depicted in Revelation?....coming with his heavenly forces to mete out justice to the wicked? He looks like a drag queen who wouldn’t harm a fly.
Catholic representations of Christ often depict a dead man hanging from a cross, or a helpless baby in a manger....Christ is neither of those things now and hasn’t been for a very long time...

Yes, his name was Yeshua or something similar in Hebrew.....but not many call Jesus by his Hebrew name, and yet fall all over themselves if someone uses “Jehovah” instead of Yahweh.
The same applies. Both know their own names in any language....and hear the prayers of the faithful in all of them.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was this addressed to? It was to his apostles......
John 14 begins with the words....
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 4 And where I am going, you know the way.”

He was speaking to those who would be granted positions of ‘priesthood’ and ‘rulership’ in the heavenly kingdom.....(Rev 20:6) Only those chosen for that role will go to heaven to implement the rulership of God, in order to get the human race back to his first purpose for them. What God starts, he finishes. (Isa 55:11)

These would be granted the gifts of the spirit, to continue to bring believing Jews and Gentiles to Christ, but with the death of the apostles, the gifts ceased. Why? Because they had fulfilled their purpose in showing the Jewish people that God’s favor had shifted from their apostate religious system, under the devil inspired Pharisees, to the one introduced by “the son of God” who instituted “the new covenant” (foretold by Jeremiah) with his apostles on the night of his arrest. The last Passover.

The miracles in the church system are not genuine......they fall way short of the ones performed in the first century......yet it is supposedly the same holy spirit at work?......especially is this true in the RCC in connection with the so called appearances of Mary and miracles associated with her. Satan has millions of people around the world, focussed on someone who was never mentioned in Scripture as anyone but the “mother of Jesus”.
She supplants Jesus and his Father in their worship....given way more attention than even Jesus or his apostles gave her. She was no doubt a fine and faithful woman, but certainly not deserving of the status given her by a church who wanted to incorporate ancient mother goddess worship. They could only accomplish that be making Jesus into something he never was.

And if you look at the picture in your signature, can you not see the feminization of the Christ complete with a halo that is of pagan origin. (borrowed directly from Roman sun worship)

Is this the mighty warrior King depicted in Revelation?....coming with his heavenly forces to mete out justice to the wicked? He looks like a drag queen who wouldn’t harm a fly.
Catholic representations of Christ often depict a dead man hanging from a cross, or a helpless baby in a manger....Christ is neither of those things now and hasn’t been for a very long time...

Yes, his name was Yeshua or something similar in Hebrew.....but not many call Jesus by his Hebrew name, and yet fall all over themselves if someone uses “Jehovah” instead of Yahweh.
The same applies. Both know their own names in any language....and hear the prayers of the faithful in all of them.
You should read the full chapter.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have... what more do you wish to discuss?
I have outlined many points in post #12 if you care to address any of them....?
You have no real point do you? You've made up your mind that miracles do not exist today.

The context of Yeshuas discussion with Philip and Thomas and the other Disciples does not imply a future of Cessationism.

Furthermore and lastly, that you have not witnessed any miracles does not mean miracles do not occur today.

There are members here who can attest to that I'm sure.

Feel free to hold to Cessationism. Don't presume to imagine God agrees.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Feel free to hold to Cessationism. Don't presume to imagine God agrees.
If the miracles did not cease....and the devil was free as he is to use his own power to deceive, (which is very evident from the Bible) then how would you tell the real ones from the fakes?

By ceasing the miracles, (only the apostles could pass them on) it exposes them all as fakes, so that those well informed by Scripture would know this.

I know people want to believe in these things...but so does the devil.

You are imagining things too.....aren’t you?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the miracles did not cease....and the devil was free as he is to use his own power to deceive, (which is very evident from the Bible) then how would you tell the real ones from the fakes?

By ceasing the miracles, (only the apostles could pass them on) it exposes them all as fakes, so that those well informed by Scripture would know this.

I know people want to believe in these things...but so does the devil.

You are imagining things too.....aren’t you?
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. James 5:14 (ESV)

Reactions: PS95

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. James 5:14 (ESV)
Yes....James 5:14 was written in the first century and they most certainly had the apostolic gifts back then....but after the apostles died, the gifts died with them....these scriptures are almost 2000 years old.
We no longer live in those times...we live in “the time of the end” right now......when everything the devil has set up will come crashing down...including his entire empire of false religion which has been deceiving mankind since the flood of Noah’s day, when Nimrod presented himself as the first rebel after the flood and the first false deity created for humans by the devil.

Ancient Babylon is the springboard for all false worship as it was there that Nimrod and his cronies first chose to set up their own empire. God put a stop to that when they began building the Tower of Babel, a structure with its “top in the heavens”, which they assumed would save them from another flood if God ever brought one, yet they knew that God had promised never to flood the world again....he wouldn’t need to because he will unleash power that the the human race has never experienced before, expressing his anger toward those who pollute his worship, defame his name and disobey every command Christ ever gave his disciples. We see the system unraveling as we speak....God will lift the lid completely and show the human race what they have been putting their faith in......

What is coming soon to this morally bankrupt and disintegrating world of disobedient mankind is a day of reckoning.....one where “sheep and goats” will be separated for different destinies.

Has your church prepared you what is coming....a time of distress that the world has never experienced before...and never will again. (Matt 24:21) Matt 24 is the chapter where Jesus gives his disciples a glimpse into the future, events that we have been experiencing for decades now. Daniel too wrote about our day.....and sounded the warning.....but who is listening?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I am concerned God doesn’t change, nor does his power. I found it a miracle when my son came to faith , it was a miracle because God turned his thinking around. Now others wouldn’t class as such , but I do.
God working in any way deserves praise, however we are all aware of leaders who have claimed to be healers or have seen people like Benny Hinn ect. In his ministry he brought Glory to himself, and for me that is key. Who gets the Glory in the long run when things turn around in such an amazing way.
Who gets the Glory when things don’t pan out, but a situation is used in a mighty way. Romans 8:28
We will never understand the ‘ why ‘ sometimes when miracles don’t come because we don’t see the bigger picture, to say that God cannot work or doesn’t through ordinary people and in situations in walking a very thin line.

Reactions: PS95 and amadeus