Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344

How are you doing?
Good, I got off some old meds that were actually disabling me and the new meds are something I was functional on long ago. I was looking for new meds for 7 years and trying to find something with less side effects. Long story short, it didn't work and I'm way better off on the old meds. I'm much happier now.

It's summer here and still pretty pleasant in the temperatures. Enjoying things really for the time being ;)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, I got off some old meds that were actually disabling me and the new meds are something I was functional on long ago. I was looking for new meds for 7 years and trying to find something with less side effects. Long story short, it didn't work and I'm way better off on the old meds. I'm much happier now.

It's summer here and still pretty pleasant in the temperatures. Enjoying things really for the time being ;)
Really happy to hear that!!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi guys. Mom passed away on June 21. Trying to take care of things.

Lost my dad on May 17. Took it very hard. Started to feel some better about a week ago.

I hope and trust that He who said "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted" is drawing very near to you, Sis.

:hearteyes:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lost my dad on May 17. Took it very hard. Started to feel some better about a week ago.

I hope and trust that He who said "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted" is drawing very near to you, Sis.

Sorry to hear that @BarneyFife. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Great to see you here!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry about the passing of your dad.

I do have peace. But there's some red tape I'm needing to handle... hospital bills still coming in, need death certificate and hope, pray they will forgive the large hospital deductible bill... taking it a bit at a time.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about the passing of your dad.

I do have peace. But there's some red tape I'm needing to handle... hospital bills still coming in, need death certificate and hope, pray they will forgive the large hospital deductible bill... taking it a bit at a time.

Unless there was a substantial estate you will not be held responsible for debts. Been down that road :)

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless there was a substantial estate you will not be held responsible for debts. Been down that road :)

No, mom didn't have an estate. I actually put her jointly on my checking accounts. Her small Social Security and $64 a month pension went into one account....and mine went into the other.

@amadeus suggested that I take her off of the joint accounts so I'm working on that. Found out today about getting the death certificate.

Will keep her on the one checking as Social Security took back the entire June check...so they are sending me a form so I can recover the three weeks mom was alive in June.

The hospital where she had the hip surgery and declined, then was on hospice at our apartment....they said to call tomorrow and talk with a lady in decedent affairs. Hopefully they will forgive the hospital deductible.

So far haven't gotten a surgery bill.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, mom didn't have an estate. I actually put her jointly on my checking accounts. Her small Social Security and $64 a month pension went into one account....and mine went into the other.

@amadeus suggested that I take her off of the joint accounts so I'm working on that. Found out today about getting the death certificate.

Will keep her on the one checking as Social Security took back the entire June check...so they are sending me a form so I can recover the three weeks mom was alive in June.

The hospital where she had the hip surgery and declined, then was on hospice at our apartment....they said to call tomorrow and talk with a lady in decedent affairs. Hopefully they will forgive the hospital deductible.

You seem to be in pretty much the same position as my sister (she was my dad's live-in caretaker, 600 miles from where I live). You shouldn't have much, if any unforeseeable difficulty.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: Debp

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last summer was blistering hot, little rain and stressful on the trees…plants…animals.

Have been getting plenty of rain so far, and thankful, but then requires fending off the bugs, insects, and managing the acres of yard and field growth that can almost be observed growing inch by inch with the naked eye…and of course managing the bugs/ insects effects on the animals and plants.

Praising God and praying FOR our Nation and praying FOR Gods comfort for ALL who are Lost and in Duress and Heartache.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last summer was blistering hot, little rain and stressful on the trees…plants…animals.

Have been getting plenty of rain so far, and thankful, but then requires fending off the bugs, insects, and managing the acres of yard and field growth that can almost be observed growing inch by inch with the naked eye…and of course managing the bugs/ insects effects on the animals and plants.

Praising God and praying FOR our Nation and praying FOR Gods comfort for ALL who are Lost and in Duress and Heartache.

Glory to God,
Taken

What area of the States are you in? Always interesting to learn about other areas.

Southern California here...I always miss the nice thunderstorms we had back in Pennsylvania.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What area of the States are you in? Always interesting to learn about other areas.

Southern California here...I always miss the nice thunderstorms we had back in Pennsylvania.

Originally, we raised in Michigan / Minnesota. (Both with 200+ year history of where European immigrant ancestors settled).
Years Traveled around the US. (Which is an experience “like” visiting foreign nations, cultures, dialects, lifestyles, food, weather, etc.) Years keeping a lot and acreage Mid-eastern Texas.
Did experience crazy freezing cold, snowed in, blizzards, black ice, ground tornados, mild summers, in the north growing up…bears, moose, deer, small game…wilderness.
Do experience crazy heat hot summers, humidity, winds, rain, flooding, occasional light snow, dancing tornados, hurricane spin off effects in our area….weird bugs, insects, poisonous snakes…stacked people, crowded, dirty, crime ridden expanding cities.

God bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keep working on it with them. You do not want your money mixed with hers in a bank account with her name on it because someone may try to collect your money for her debt. If the bank is slow to remove her name from an account simply withdraw all of your own money from the joint account so that nobody is able to touch that. Then deposit your money in an account which is only in your name. If necessary open a new account with only your name on it.