How do you handle a lifetime of struggle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PS95

Jun 16, 2024
Eastern Shore
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a point where a person's conscience is so seared that they are beyond hope. God will have given them many chances. Of course God can do anything, but these people have 50 years of prayers behind them.
It appears that way to me, too. It has scriptural backing as well. So sad, but I've seen it.
Although, I suppose we can't know what happened just before death. The thief on the cross? idk

Reactions: Hepzibah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus told us to live in the now moment.... To face each day, only.
Paul teaches that we are to put on God's Armor each day, and stand.

So, what can happen, is that the Christian or the unbelieving person, can add = yesterday's heavy regrets...... and anxious concern about what will happen tomorrow.
So, now you have put yourself under a TRIPLE LOAD, under much more burden that we are designed to carry, and when you try to carry all that, .. given time, you will break down.

Saint, reader... yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised to us, so, we must live only in Today. casting all our care(s) upon Jesus who is our strength.

The NT tells the Believer to "be careful for nothing".....(Don't Worry)........>"but in all things, in all situations, give Thanks".

Paul said that life situations that come and go, are often very perplexing, but, we are not to be distressed, as "all things things will work out for our good".

Reactions: marks

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus told us to live in the now moment.... To face each day, only.
Paul teaches that we are to put on God's Armor each day, and stand.

So, what can happen, is that the Christian or the unbelieving person, can add = yesterday's heavy regrets...... and anxious concern about what will happen tomorrow.
So, now you have put yourself under a TRIPLE LOAD, under much more burden that we are designed to carry, and when you try to carry all that, .. given time, you will break down.

Saint, reader... yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised to us, so, we must live only in Today. casting all our care(s) upon Jesus who is our strength.

The NT tells the Believer to "be careful for nothing".....(Don't Worry)........>"but in all things, in all situations, give Thanks".

Paul said that life situations that come and go, are often very perplexing, but, we are not to be distressed, as "all things things will work out for our good"..
I'm sorry Behold but that is foolish We are not to worry about tomorrow but only a fool does not make plans using their sanctified mind. We can plan things yet be open to the Lord's leading to change them. We are not meant to operate like puppets.

Anyway, if you are referring to my situation, there are some of us that did not learn important life skills when we were young and discerning which people could be harmful for us is one thing we did not learn and how to navigate the rules of romantic relationships. I will date those that come forward to discern the Lord's will as I am sure they will. Or do I take the first one along?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm sorry Behold but that is foolish We are not to worry about tomorrow but only a fool does not make plans using their sanctified mind.

Its best to live in the now.
So, you can make a 2 yr plan, a 5 yr plan, but you can't ensure it., and you'll only increase anxiety by trying to do that, which is always what happens.

There is a song whose lyrics say.... "you dont know which way the wind blows, so how can you plan tomorrow.""

If you live by the take life """ one day at a time""" rule, and then deal with what tomorrow brings when it arrives, then you are living in the now.

God gives us our "daily bread".. He does not give us tomorrow's bread, today.

We can plan things yet be open to the Lord's leading to change them. We are not meant to operate like puppets.

""Lean not to your own understanding and give God control""", does not mean to sit, do nothing, and hope for the best with your eyes closed and your fingers crossed, @Hepzibah

What we are to do, is all we can do.....and then leave the results of that, and the rest, to God.

there are some of us that did not learn important life skills when we were young and discerning which people could be harmful for us is one thing we did not learn and how to navigate the rules of romantic relationships.

The best way to navigate the rules of romantic relationships is to pray for God to bring you the person that is meant for you, as God knows best who is best for you, much better then you can try to figure that out for yourself.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well l did pray that once but the devil got in. I was so sure till l found l was with an alcoholic.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life and now over many years have struggled with insomnia, which makes life unbearable. I go through struggling with my faith when things get really bad because I can't understand why God would want me to not have peace and rest when he says he will provide those things to believers. I feel like most people go thorugh hard times and then come out of it and enjoy life again but that is not the case for me. Any suggestions on how to get through a lifetime of hardship without losing faith?
Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I think the Lord is leading us all to a life of peace.

christsavedme

Jun 19, 2024
Berlin
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
I have had anxiety as far back as I can remember, even as a little kid as far as being afraid and overy shy and then really turned into an anxiety disorder in my teens I would say even though I didn't realize it then and it just seemed normal I guess to feel fear a lot of the time. Then in my 20s and 30s it got somewhat worse and in my late 30s went into some kind of anxious depression that lasted a couple years and that's when the insomnia started and pretty much continued. I had a second bout of that anxious depression a few years ago and not sure I have come all the way out of it because my sleep is terrible a lot of the time and I just have no enjoyment in life anymore really. Maybe a few good days or parts of days here and there but mostly just feel run down with no hope of feeling better. I pretty much isolate as far as having friends or anything because with my sleep issues I couldn't make plans to ever do anything and I would rather just be alone. I am married so we do a few things that I can handle and I enjoy being around my grandkids when I'm not too tired but that's pretty much it.
Don't be too proud to consider a medical intervention. Sometimes antidepressants can work wonders.