Are you ready for Judgment Day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God gives grace to the humble, yes........so what is this grace that God gives/reveals to the humble ? ( And who doesn't receive it?)

"Except ye receive the kingdom of heaven as a little child you will in no wise enter therein."

He has "hid these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children."

"For by grace are ye saved through faith."

A simple word search of grace shows us that in the OT all those who found grace with God did so because of having faith. And even they still needed the gospel preached to them, which Jesus did in hades before being resurrected. ("they without us will not be made perfect.")

(So apparently there is a sense in which we have been made "perfect" through the gospel - and now are admonished to live in line with that truth.)

If people can be saved by their own righteousness, it makes the gospel moot. Why would Jesus have needed to die in that case?

When we quote "for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son" should we just ignore the rest of that sentence which says "that whosoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life."

Apparently there are things that can attract God's favour before being saved......I would agree with that.....aspects of righteousness, humble heart, fear of God like Cornelius, etc....but then it comes back again to what is the grace that He gives to them (which is necessary for salvation)? I wondered if it was possible that some will have the gospel preached to them in hades like He did with OT saints, but then the thought came, since Jesus is raised from the dead since then....how could He die a second time and return to hades to preach the gospel to those who died after the cross?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom much is given more is required. If we have been regenerated by the Spirit, how does that inform our obedience to the commands of Christ?

Hi Epi,
Good pod cast brother.

Matthew 8:12
"But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth".
So, outer darkness is not another destination for the wicked? These are called
the children of God" so it confuses me.

Remember when Jen was always saying it cannot be the lake of fire as it was dark? If it's not fire then are they being refined in some other way? Or, will they be floating in pure darkness free flighting while gnashing teeth and wailing forever? What becomes of them?

Will those who inherit the earth, (the meek and other non-commissioned Sergeants (the grunts, lol) still have room to grow into the "golds"?

Love you bro

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Epi,
Good pod cast brother.

"But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

Remember when Jen was always saying it cannot be the lake of fire as it was dark? If it's not fire then are they being refined in some other way? Or, will they be floating in pure darkness free flighting while gnashing teeth and wailing forever? What becomes of them?

Will those who inherit the earth, (the meek and other non-commissioned Sergeants (the grunts, lol) still have room to grow into the "golds"?

Love you bro

Amen. The NT presents the Christian life as a race. The devil wants to put us to sleep, thinking it's all over. But being awake to the challenge we can press forward and strive to enter in through the narrow door...making sense of all the exhortations from all the NT writers AND Jesus Himself.

Love in Christ..
:)

Reactions: Nancy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you have become as the tax collector and given it all to Christ and been justified. You are ready for judgment

If your still trying to be good enough, or earn your way in, Your not.. Because your sins still condemn you where you stand

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God gives grace to the humble, yes........so what is this grace that God gives/reveals to the humble ? ( And who doesn't receive it?)

"Except ye receive the kingdom of heaven as a little child you will in no wise enter therein."

He has "hid these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children."

"For by grace are ye saved through faith."

A simple word search of grace shows us that in the OT all those who found grace with God did so because of having faith. And even they still needed the gospel preached to them, which Jesus did in hades before being resurrected. ("they without us will not be made perfect.")

(So apparently there is a sense in which we have been made "perfect" through the gospel - and now are admonished to live in line with that truth.)

If people can be saved by their own righteousness, it makes the gospel moot. Why would Jesus have needed to die in that case?

You are confusing mercy and righteousness...with holiness and truth. A VERY common lack of understanding among those who are trained by men. God judges all people according to their righteousness...their works. Even the white robes of the saints are THEIR righteousness.

God is holy. We are made holy by entering INTO Christ...to be where He is. We are NEVER holy of ourselves. We can only partake of HIS holiness.

So then the lack of understanding you display is one of having a very one-dimensional understanding that negates at least half of scripture....while getting the other half wrong in its conclusions. Without the divine balance there is no truth. In your scheme...no believer is judged by their own works. But the fact that the opposite is true doesn't give you any pause whatsoever...so you continue to advance deeper into error.
When we quote "for God so loved the world that He gave His only Son" should we just ignore the rest of that sentence which says "that whosoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life."

INTO Christ...not a human belief. John is speaking in spiritual terms...not in a carnal religious formula. No human interpretation stands up to the mystery of Christ...and the power that translates people into a divine communion with the living God.
Apparently there are things that can attract God's favour before being saved......I would agree with that.....aspects of righteousness, humble heart, fear of God like Cornelius, etc....but then it comes back again to what is the grace that He gives to them (which is necessary for salvation)?

Necessary for divine fellowship...and salvation FROM sin. God is holy. There is NO fellowship with God without holiness. Hence the need to enter INTO Christ and partake of HIS holiness.

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing mercy and righteousness...with holiness and truth. A VERY common lack of understanding among those who are trained by men. God judges all people according to their righteousness...their works. Even the white robes of the saints are THEIR righteousness.
Yes he does.

Our righteousness are as filthy rags, there are non righteous no not even one.

Thats why he came to the cross. So those who could not save themselves could be rescued from the wage of sin.. and redeemed and brought into a relationship with God.

If your trying to get to God by your own righteousness. You are not ready for judgment.. Because your judgment will be swift and sure..

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Epi,
Good pod cast brother.

Love you bro

Mat 8:8-13

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

When we read this whole passage together we see that Jesus was comparing unbelieving Israel with believing Gentiles. The Roman centurian, a Gentile, had more faith than those who were the “children of the kingdom”, ie the nation of Israel. Coming from the east and west, is referring to those outside Israel, who are Gentiles. So Jesus was admonishing Israel that belonging to the nation of Israel was and is not a guarantee of salvation……faith in Him is. (Outer darkness is a metaphor for being outside the kingdom of heaven....not saved in other words.)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes he does.

Our righteousness are as filthy rags, there are non righteous no not even one.

Thats why he came to the cross. So those who could not save themselves could be rescued from the wage of sin.. and redeemed and brought into a relationship with God.

If your trying to get to God by your own righteousness. You are not ready for judgment.. Because your judgment will be swift and sure..
Your understanding is bent. Of course no one is as righteous as God...and can save himself from his own sin. All have sinned...and no one can be without sin in their own power. A beginner believer knows this. But you need to grow BEYOND that same rhetoric over and over again if you want to understand the gospel.

Why do you make Jesus a liar? How many times does He categorize people as being "the righteous"?

Your religious bent can't handle the truth. You have to throw honesty away..thereby becoming unrighteous and iniquitous. You have to do this to ignore Jesus.

He said...I came not to call THE RIGHTEOUS to repentance. Some here are so bent that they think that Jesus is saying that the "self-righteous" are healthy. And the irony is that the self-righteous see that statement being about the "self-righteous" (such as they are).

Only a self-righteous person judges the righteous as self-righteous..as they are.

The righteous NEVER consider themselves as being righteous. They bear their own shame. They are humble. And God justifies them. But many religious types will condemn those on whom God will show mercy...declaring them righteous...and condemning those who judge them into outer darkness. Amen.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lizbeth

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen. The NT presents the Christian life as a race. The devil wants to put us to sleep, thinking it's all over. But being awake to the challenge we can press forward and strive to enter in through the narrow door...making sense of all the exhortations from all the NT writers AND Jesus Himself.

Love in Christ..
:)
How can the devil put us to sleep, if we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed?...how can ones faith that is Alive and Active be put to sleep....in other words ,how can Gods Spirit be put to sleep if we have been Born Of The Spirit?..thank you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can the devil put us to sleep, if we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed?...thank you.
All the virgins fell asleep according to Jesus...and most believers are NEVER awake. To be awake means to be where Jesus is...in Zion. This is an eternal kind of being awake.

Reactions: faithfulness

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All the virgins fell asleep according to Jesus...and most believers are NEVER awake. To be awake means to be where Jesus is..
To be awake means to be Born Again...we are awake in Gods Spirit.....a difference of opinion/ belief here ...Epi...

Spiritual Blessings
…10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ. 11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel ofHis will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
.in Zion. This is an eternal kind of being awake.
That’s your opinion and belief it’s not a fact..mine is the same.

We are in the Spirit, we are not in the flesh....our spirit has been brought Alive when Spirit gives birth to spirit.it can’t ever go to sleep...we were chosen for Gods purpose and His plan

Our flesh is dead our spirit is Alive because of righteousness..

Romans 8:10 Context​

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding is bent. Of course no one is as righteous as God...and can save himself from his own sin. All have sinned...and no one can be without sin in their own power. A beginner believer knows this. But you need to grow BEYOND that same rhetoric over and over again if you want to understand the gospel.
I am bent, but your the one saying you can save yourself by your own righteousness?
Why do you make Jesus a liar? How many times does He categorize people as being "the righteous"?
Your the one making him out to be a liar. I am not righteous, I have his righteousness in me.. Just like abraham did, Because he believed God.
Your religious bent can't handle the truth. You have to throw honesty away..thereby becoming unrighteous and iniquitous. You have to do this to ignore Jesus.
I am not religious my friend. Religion looks to self. not God.. Your the religious one,
He said...I came not to call THE RIGHTEOUS to repentance. Some here are so bent that they think that Jesus is saying that the "self-righteous" are healthy. And the irony is that the self-righteous see that statement being about the "self-righteous" (such as they are).

Only a self-righteous person judges the righteous as self-righteous..as they are.

The righteous NEVER consider themselves as being righteous. They bear their own shame. They are humble. And God justifies them. But many religious types will condemn those on whom God will show mercy...declaring them righteous...and condemning those who judge them into outer darkness. Amen.
He is correct

If you think your righteous, you have no reason to repent.

If you think you can save yourself. you have no reason to repent.

If your not washed by the blood by becoming like the tax collector. You will not be at the BEMA judgment, You will be at the great white throne judgment.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 8:8-13

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

When we read this whole passage together we see that Jesus was comparing unbelieving Israel with believing Gentiles. The Roman centurian, a Gentile, had more faith than those who were the “children of the kingdom”, ie the nation of Israel. Coming from the east and west, is referring to those outside Israel, who are Gentiles. So Jesus was admonishing Israel that belonging to the nation of Israel was and is not a guarantee of salvation……faith in Him is. (Outer darkness is a metaphor for being outside the kingdom of heaven....not saved in other words.)
Yes, equating "the children of the kingdom" with "the children of God" is error, the context is clear, as you've presented.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does Gods word say that most Born Agains are never awake?

Please show me where it says that ,Epi?
Matt. 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.