Are You Dead to Self?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have the same question as @quietthinker The adultry they exposed was not sin? Since when?
Think you pretty much said it yourself brother......their intent wasn't to expose and deal with sin for righteousness' sake or seeking anyone's good, it was something else they were doing there. Not lost on God, I'm sure....who sees the heart. It's a lesson for us to learn from, that we not be of the same spirit as that.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think you pretty much said it yourself brother......their intent wasn't to expose and deal with sin for righteousness' sake or seeking anyone's good, it was something else they were doing there. Not lost on God, I'm sure....who sees the heart. It's a lesson for us to learn from, that we not be of the same spirit as that.
I agree

But what he said is worrysome. As if the adultry was not sin..

• Wow

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the same question as @quietthinker The adultry they exposed was not sin? Since when?
yes they exposed some sins , but also much of what they thought was sin was not sin or error .
and take note the ONLY reason they BROUGHT the lady in adultery before JESUS
was to Have something to accuse him of to the gentile leaders .
CAUSE ROME did not allow the jews to put anyone to death under their law .
THEY WERE TRYING to get JESUS to convince them TO STONE HER
so they COULD report him . BUT THEY LEARNED A LESSON themselves DIDNT THEY .
they hyprocrites learned something that day .
Would not suprise me a bit if some of them had probably even slept with that woman themselves . THOUGH
that is only specualtion on my part and as such I WONT say it to be a fact .
BUT what i do know is THEY WERE HYPROCRITES . sure
they might say steal not , murder not , BUT DID THEY DO THEM THINGS . YOU BET .
and before anyone says THEY WERE NOT guilty of murder
WHO THE HECK DID THEY PUT TO DEATH by sentence of PILATE .
OH yes they were murderers , guilty often of the very sins they spoke agaisnt themselves .
PUAL knew this about them . ITS WHY he said and wrote
DO YE who say not to steal , STEAL
do you not teach YOURSELVES . HE who says a man should not commit adultery , BUT DO YOU COMMIT adultery
Just like much of our chrsitendom today . only now its getting so bad
that sins are no longer hidden in the dark , HECK THEY EVEN HONOR certain sins .
THEY HAVE BECOME as SODOM . and the very love gospel i see much embracing
IS DENYING JESUS THE CHRIST , GOD and all that IS HOLY PURE AND TRUE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the woman caught in adultery which they dragged before Jesus wasn't really sinning?
thanks for that reminder . YES . they did expose some sins .
but lets examine WHY they brought her to JESUS .
IT wasnt to expose her sin
IT was to FIND SOMETHING TO ACCUSE JESUS OF DOING unto the authorities .
TOTAL HYPROCRISY . read above what i wrote to your near and dear friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree

But what he said is worrysome. As if the adultry was not sin..
YOU KNOW BETTER than that . YOU KNOW i know adultery is SIN . dont word play my friend .
Now allow me some parting words to help encuourage you and to show you how admanat i am
against todays social all incluisive dung pile fake love abraham peace accords
ROME LED , protestant led , one world love religoin LIE FROM SATAN .
I am gonna expose it every chance i get , every time i see a false love version
that accepts any sin or any path to GOD, other than the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST , ITS GETTING EXPOSED .
ANY one who dares to even try and lip another gospel , IS GETTING EXPOSED .
ANYONE who even dares to try and imply there is perhaps no need to beleive on JESUS
ISGETTING exposed for the anti christ they are . I warned us i wont budge .
And its not cause i dont love, IS cause i do . anyone who even dares
to encourage the wrong kind of unity will be exposed .
Anyone who tries to down play the dire importance of reading scrips , WILL BE EXPOSED .
i know how charlatons have worked on these churches and they and their tactics
WILL BE EXPOSED . SO i hope that encouraged you big time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quiet thinker sees only what he wants to see . YOU ALL KNOW better than that . YALL KNOW
i know adultery is sin .
and just cause i told a fact that they often falsey accused JESUS of comitting sins and trangressions
That rather it was they COMITTING THEM .
they often did teach things contrary to even the law they THOUGHT THEY KNEW SO WELL .
Funny thing is , SO DO MANY WITHIN CHRISTENDOM
now teach CONTRARY to the very JESUS CHRIST they THINK THEY KNOW
to the very gospel THEY THINK they know . total hyprocrisy and laden with sins this generation has become .
and any time a man dares to expose it , ITS JUDGE NOT , JUDGE NOT , JUDGE NOT .
this gen bought a lie . but i am gonna do all to help who i can and will expose
not some , BUT ANY AND ALL ERROR when or if i see it and the teachers who dare to do or teach or allow it .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Spirit led...what in us is Spirit led?

What in us is Spirit led @Behold ?

Our spirit is Born Again....God tests what’s in our hearts?

“We speak,” Paul says, “to please God who tests our hearts.” God tests our hearts. In fact throughout scripture, we hear that God searches us, he examines us.

According to the bible, the heart is the center of our being. Jesus said that it was from the heart that the mouth speaks (Matt 12:34), and from the heart come the things we think and do (Mark 7:21-22). The heart then is the part of man from which our life flows (Prov 4:23).

Deuteronomy 8:2-3And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

God told me not to do something in my spirit/heart, just like he told Adam and Eve, they went against his Spirit/ Heart? @Behold ?

I wouldn’t dare go against his Living word that he spoke to my spirit/ heart.. via His Living Holy Spirit.

Never in a million years would I go against God’s Spirit/ Heart...I would sooner die.

I’m in the spirit I’m not in the flesh... we are led by the Holy Spirit...our spirit is led by Him.
If we are indwelt by Holy Spirit,how are we not (Holy) Spirit led?

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we are indwelt by Holy Spirit,how are we not (Holy) Spirit led?
Exactly,Sis, that was my point to that member.

That’s what I was trying to tell them.

Another thing I’ve noticed...some put...”.me”and the Father or “me” and God,hmm.

Whereas it should be God and I...or God and me...God must always be at the forefront.

Also when I see this god...makes me cringe...I mean it could be a typo/ mistake..so will give them benefit of the doubt.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes they exposed some sins , but also much of what they thought was sin was not sin or error .
Again, What sin was not in error?

The only sin I saw them accuse of was the sin of adultry.

The woman was guilty.. But she was not the only one guilty of sin in this issue, which jesus exposed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU KNOW BETTER than that . YOU KNOW i know adultery is SIN . dont word play my friend .
Just trying to help. Your wording was wrong.. did not want other people to think you did not think adultry was sin, but the way you worded it, anyone who did not know you would think that is what you were saying

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, What sin was not in error?

The only sin I saw them accuse of was the sin of adultry.

The woman was guilty.. But she was not the only one guilty of sin in this issue, which jesus exposed.
well he sure did expose that didnt he . let he who is without SIN cast the first stone .
thus we are not the judge of the law , BUT GOD IS
and its for these very things the wrath o GOD shall come upon them .
BOUT TIME we preach the dire need to believe on JESUS THE CHRIST
and flee like a cheetah on fire from the abraham peace accords , religious unity false love mindset
that keeps on trying to spout lies like other religoins serve the same GOD we do .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just trying to help. Your wording was wrong.. did not want other people to think you did not think adultry was sin, but the way you worded it, anyone who did not know you would think that is what you were saying
i began to think this myself my friend . perhaps it is the way i worded it . thanks for the reminder .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly,Sis, that was my point to that member.

That’s what I was trying to tell them.

Another thing I’ve noticed...some put...”.me”and the Father or “me” and God,hmm.

Whereas it should be God and I...or God and me...God must always be at the forefront.

Also when I see this god...makes me cringe...I mean it could be a typo/ mistake..so will give them benefit of the doubt.
I've read posts by atheists who use the lower case g for god. Because they don't believe in God they don't believe the usual spelling is necessary when they refer to a ,as they see it, mythic figure.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
I mention it because it is underestimated. Mankind loves self focus; they love their response more than they understand who saved them.
I think our loving response is because we know who saved us.
Just as God said happens. We come to know our Savior because God called us to find that home.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I know what spirit that is of when someone tries to catch someone else out on a technicality while ignoring the whole point of what they are saying. See that a lot. It's what the Pharisees liked to do to Jesus.

And I'm pretty certain that if the Pharisees and religious leaders of Jesus' day actually had been exposing sin in the camp and calling for repentance, the nation of Israel wouldn't have been in such a state of apostasy......but on the contrary, no, instead of doing that, unfortunately they were of those who stoned the prophets who had been exposing the sins of Israel and her leaders and calling for repentance. And as the leaders/shepherds go so goes the whole flock (except for a remnant), hence apostasy of the nation as a whole.

That is why the church today is much the same as Israel back then...those things were written for OUR admonition. There is much sin and error in the camp today... God said if MY people who are called by MY name would seek my face and pray and turn from THEIR wicked ways...I would heal their land. But keep stoning the prophets, I guess, if nobody wants to see their land healed and blessed instead of cursed. People sometimes forget that Jesus was a prophet of Israel....He was likewise exposing the sins and error of those leaders and calling for repentance....He was crucified for the same reason the prophets were stoned.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What could they have hoped to accuse Yeshua of?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What could they have hoped to accuse Yeshua of?
Remember the scene at the judgment hall of pilate .
They had to bring JESUS to pilate . WHY , cause ROME did not allow the jews
to pratice the death sentence of their own law . We have a law and by that law he is worthy of death .
ROME didnt allow this part . It had to be done under roman law or not at all .
They often tried to find something to be able to accuse him of . Even sending false ones
in to catch him at his words . Even with the coin .
Even pilate was on to them . He knew deep down why JESUS had been delivered . IT was due to ENVY .
Even now rainbow times and rainbow laws of inclusivity and diversity
will lead to the betrayal of true lambs
as those within our own Realm feign themselves as true biblical christains
ONLY to report us to the one world inclusive govt and govts . Its coming my friend .
But we fear it not . Men gonna do as men feel they gotta do , but lambs are gonna do as JESUS said do .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the scene at the judgment hall of pilate .
They had to bring JESUS to pilate . WHY , cause ROME did not allow the jews
to pratice the death sentence of their own law . We have a law and by that law he is worthy of death .
ROME didnt allow this part . It had to be done under roman law or not at all .
They often tried to find something to be able to accuse him of . Even sending false ones
in to catch him at his words . Even with the coin .
Even pilate was on to them . He knew deep down why JESUS had been delivered . IT was due to ENVY .
Even now rainbow times and rainbow laws of inclusivity and diversity
will lead to the betrayal of true lambs
as those within our own Realm feign themselves as true biblical christains
ONLY to report us to the one world inclusive govt and govts . Its coming my friend .
But we fear it not . Men gonna do as men feel they gotta do , but lambs are gonna do as JESUS said do .

The Sanhedrin and Pharisees wanted Yeshua dead by any means available.

They couldn't stone him to death though they earlier had intended this , but Jesus had disappeared from their presence.

I've noticed this time and again. When they succeeded in murdering him they then said,let his blood be upon our heads and those of our children. Cursing themselves and future generations if they were wrong to have demanded his execution.

They were,as we know.

And now ever since their ancestors did this,invoked that curse, what's happened to their people?

Think they've gotten the message by now that they were wrong in murdering their Messiah?

They're now living through the curse for all these centuries after that their ancestors asked be upon them for being murderers.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Sanhedrin and Pharisees wanted Yeshua dead by any means available.

They couldn't stone him to death though they earlier had intended this , but Jesus had disappeared from their presence.

I've noticed this time and again. When they succeeded in murdering him they then said,let his blood be upon our heads and those of our children. Cursing themselves and future generations if they were wrong to have demanded his execution.

They were,as we know.

And now ever since their ancestors did this,invoked that curse, what's happened to their people?

Think they've gotten the message by now that they were wrong in murdering their Messiah?

They're now living through the curse for all these centuries after that their ancestors asked be upon them for being murderers.
The curse that bringeth the second death is upon many in these final hours .
There is a death that a man could go under if found guilty by the law , by two or three witnesses .
And by that law a man could have his life upon earth ended . By stonening and etc .
OH BUT there be a far sorer punishment that awiats a certain breed of creature .
OH there is a far worsh punishement than even was given in the days of noah
and in the days of sodom .
A FAR worse punishment it truly is .
AND MANY ARE UNDER IT EVEN RIGHT NOW as we speak .
What is worse than being stoned to death
what is worse than being destroyed in a great flood
what is worse than dying . THE SECOND DEATH IS .
a place awaits many that will he hellacious and furious and fierce , where their worm dies not
and the fire is not quenched . AND WHO DO IT AWAIT
ANY AND ALL WHO TROD JESUS UNDER FOOT . Remember that the next time these men of satan
YEAH I SAID SATAN cause that be their pappy , come in and try and tell us
that muslims and others worship the same GOD we do .
Making in effect the DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST of no effect .
DIRE AND HORRIBLE , HORRIBLE and TREMENOUDS TORMETNOUS punishments awaits the all inclusive . THAT IS A FACT
and its one we better have no PART IN . I BE WORE OUT with this christendom generation
who has led this people , WHO LOVED A LIE , astray by means of a false lovey do crack pipe death dung lie .