Are You Dead to Self?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
and if we are in that position we are lukewarm and guess what He says about that?

Salvation cannot be lost, exactly as it can't be earned.

Salvation is a GIFT from God, and This Gift forgives all sin, gives you Eternal Life, and places you in spiritual union with God and Christ.

God does all that for each BELIEVER., and this is the "new birth"... its to be born again, as a "new Creation in Christ".

This is a BIRTH of the believer's spirit, caused by God's Holy Spirit.

This Birth is Eternal, as it places each "new creation" = "in Christ".. "ONE with God".

So, we the born again, dont cause this...we BECOME THIS, and not by being good ..........as God caused us to become a "new Creation", while we were "YET Sinners".

This Birth, is Eternal.

A.) You can't stop being born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
False. You can't accept your way into the kingdom of God. You have to be translated into it by God.

Let me show you what you are trying to teach, but can't quite get there.
You'll probably use this in your next Video

Listen....Its like this..

When a sinner comes to Christ....by Faith.....= God accepts their Faith that He requires... , and then God applies the Blood Atonement , that is the New Covenant, to the Believer. This is literally God taking what Jesus has finished on the Cross....>HIS Eternal Sacrifice... and using it to pay for the believer's sin.
All of it.

There is your : REDEMPTION and FORGIVENESS.

= "God hath made Jesus to BE SIN...for US, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Christ"...

The reason Paul's verse says.>"WE Might"....is because this SALVATION, is an OFFER.....and because some wont have it, they are the "might not", and the "we Might" are all those who have trusted in Christ and are born again.

Now, after God forgives all our sin with Christ's Blood and Death.......then the Believer is "washed in the Blood of Jesus", and Peter says we are "blood bought". And now '"" being made free from sin""".. (Forgiven)... God's Holy Spirit will birth the believers spirit, as "born again".. as a "New Creation in Christ".

This is the : CHRISTian

So, that "new Creation" now exists SPIRITUALLY, in the KOG...........so, that means that the Believer has been "Translated FROM... darkness...... TO LIGHT"..

That "Light" the born again are now become born again into.......means the born again have become a "child of the Light", and Jesus is the LIGHT of the World"""........so, to exist now as born again into the KOG, is to now exist spiritually as.. "IN Christ".. and "ONE with God".

You espouse a self-effort...and a self-justification.

You are teaching the striving and the self effort. @Episkopos .. as you are the one giving all the "spiritual tests".
Did you forget already??????

Im teaching the Grace of God.
Im that one..

As usual you ask the wrong questions.

I asked you to explain what you said...so, its highly doubtful that the question is wrong..

The spiritual test of being a believer today in the wilderness training of God.... is whether we will believe that God can do the seemingly impossible...

Being born again is to become "One with God".

If you believe it or not, after it has happened..... has no effect on the reality of the new birth becoming an eternal reality.
God places every "new creation" ... as "IN Christ", and that is why the Born again, are all "Seated in Heavenly Places".

So, there is no earning what has already been caused by being Born again...

translate us to walk WHERE He is.

Being born again puts us "IN Christ", as "one with God".

So, the born again are already WHERE "God is" and "where Christ is"..

And that is why the NT teaches that.. = "AS Jesus is.....so ARE the born again... in this world".....

we are to possess the land spiritually.

The KOG is not a "land", its a Spiritual Kingdom, and you possess it by being born again into it, as a "new creation" in Christ".

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Unbelief is sin, it is not righteousness.....and the bible says they are condemned already who don't believe in the Son of God.

I think nobody can keep up with this or stop it.......since it is God's judgment on the world and worldly church that has and is being infiltrated by the spirit of the world. People are being and will be deceived to give their power to the beast.....and that is pretty much the definition of idolatry. It becomes a spiritual bondage of being under the control of what one has made into an idol. But it is the Lord who is sending the deception/delusion to all who love not the truth. Like a cult spirit infecting people. And nothing can stop what has been foretold, though we hope and try, that more individual souls might wake up to this and be spared.
unbelief is the sin of all SIN . for if they believe not on HIM , CHRIST JESUS , guess what they gonna die in , THEIR SIN .
and as you already know , JESUS IS NOT THE MINISTIR OF SIN .
so , while the churches have ran quickly to a rainbow jesus that wont correct some sins
and many have ran to another jesus that did nothing but preach the love of money
GUESS WHO THEY DIDNT COME TO OR RUN TOO . THE ACTUAL JESUS CHRIST of GOD .
that is fact that many no longer believe or even know , IF EVER THEY DID .
many dont seem to realize that satan has his own verions of jesus , of love , of tolerance
of unity , of freedom , of liberty and worse many dont realize THEY FOLLOW HIS VERSIONS
of which so called men of GOD have taught them . WHICH means one thing .
THEY LOVED and LOVE that which is CONTRARY TO GOD AND TO HIS CHRIST .
WHICH means what . THEY DONT KNOW HIM , THEY follow another jesus and another god
and believe you me THAT ONE AINT SAVING SQUAT .
your dear old brother is being more and more hated for pointing to THE TRUE CHRIST
but marvel not , we were warned of a massive falling away .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"In this time of delusional doctrines and traditions of men, we are called to walk the separated path:

To lose our life now in order to gain it now and forever
...whether by grace or by one's best efforts
...remaining humble and teachable throughout in an attitude of self-sacrifice:

...to intercede on behalf of others for the cause of Christ
...to be good soldiers of Jesus Christ
...to find our duty and to do the will of God.

Jesus on the cross, yes, but we also with Him:
experiencing the power of the cross--rejoicing at the crushing of the outer man--glorying in the cross of Christ.

That's what we're called to in the high calling of Christ."
Don't disagree with all of this in principle, but where some of us differ in particular is that we have different ideas of what constitutes delusion/deception. Epi thinks it's delusional to believe the wonderful graces (ie, free unearned, undeserved gifts) that the cross of Christ has so graciously (grace) wrought for the believer, while me and others think it's a deception to believe people can be saved on the merits of their own righteousness.

And God only accepts our "best efforts" if they are based in FAITH and motivated by faith and love and fear of the Lord, like Abraham and the other OT saints who are set forth as examples.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't disagree with all of this in principle, but where some of us differ in particular is that we have different ideas of what constitutes delusion/deception. Epi thinks it's delusional to believe the wonderful graces (ie, free unearned, undeserved gifts) that the cross of Christ has so graciously (grace) wrought for the believer, while me and others think it's a deception to believe people can be saved on the merits of their own righteousness.

And God only accepts our "best efforts" if they are based in FAITH and motivated by faith and love and fear of the Lord, like Abraham and the other OT saints who are set forth as examples.
He is getting worse sister not better . and now a word .
I have this against you , you ALLOW , see that word allow , that prophetess to TEACH and TO SEDUCE my people .
This lamb wont be allwoing epi or any other to teach nor seduce the people . this lamb is gonna expose them all
and their doctrine and point ONLY TO THE DIRE NECESSITY to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and to actually BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID . and later the apostels said . WE got us some serious problems in the house sister .
The prophets prophesy falsely and the peoples seem to love to have it so . WELL its gonna be exposed on my watch .
NO matter the cost to me for doing so . I desire GOOD for the people and not their destruction .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Make us wise unto salvation?
Yes, that's in the bible.

Sister, I don't want to argue the Holy Spirit VERSUS the living word of God as handed down to us by holy men of God. There is no "versus" here because the two AGREE. It is not a case of one over the other.

You know, when I ask the Lord about something that I'm confused about or want to test whether it's true or not, or just to give an answer to something someone has said, I don't always have to go searching and leafing through the bible because after 38 years of reading it, most of it is hid in my heart and the Holy Spirit causes appropriate passages to pop into mind one after the other like popcorn...pop-pop-pop. The Lord amazes me sometimes. Now I do often have to search for chapter and verse afterward to verify and if I want to quote it word for word accurately.......I have a really bad memory.

I don't know what it is you mean by superficial religious talk, unless you want to explain.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me making it quite clear, this so-called 'high' calling as if there is also a 'low' calling, and there isn't, is really the spiritual instinctive attraction from God to a mature spiritual life in Christ, as all true faithful reborn believers already know. There is no assumption of delusion about it whatsoever.

We are ALL called to walk a spiritual life that brings us ever-closer to God's presence, every day, that then distances ourselves from our physical natural state, including the world, that both contribute to sin and greatly displeases the Father.
Amen. And that Phil 3 passage does not give me the sense of expecting to achieve or arrive at the destination in this life....quite the opposite. It ain't over til it's over. I don't dismiss the idea of what some call a second blessing or deeper surrender, though I haven't experienced that yet......looking at the children of Israel and the promised land as an allegory.....circumcised a "second time". They still had battles to fight and ground to take after crossing over the Jordan (that second body of water after the Red Sea crossing) and entering that land.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This diagram is showing what The bible considers a still divided heart....WANTING to be whole but unable to be because the power of the cross is missing. One who is in the Romans 8 walk has his life HIDDEN in God...fully above the line of separation within the soul. So the above diagram shows a person the the Romans 7 stage where there is a mixture...in the wilderness walk. For it to be in Romans 8 the living soul part is cut in two or pulled apart so that the inner man is fully enveloped by God's righteousness.
Yes, good you understand it then., The diagram was set in the neutral position as an example only...:)

Reactions: Episkopos

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
Exposing the sins of others was a speciality of the Pharisees......they felt exonerated!
That is a very good point.

Why would I want to be dead to who I am and as Salvation formed me to be?

I love who I am. I'm a living walking scripture, testimony, that Yahoshua is real and his testimony cleanses us from all transgressions.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a very good point.

Why would I want to be dead to who I am and as Salvation formed me to be?

I love who I am. I'm a living walking scripture, testimony, that Yahoshua is real and his testimony cleanses us from all transgressions.
We have a Saviour!......isn't that good news?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exposing the sins of others was a speciality of the Pharisees......they felt exonerated!
The error is the pharisees was that what they exposed was not sin . they tried to expose
JESUS for actually HEALING on the sabbath .
They also would put doctrines of thier own making which in effect CONTRADICTED even the law .
AND JESUS exposed their hyprocisy quite well . YOU BY YOUR TRADITIONS make VOID
The pharisees were exposing ONLY WHAT THEY BELIEVED to be errors .
BIG diffference . Now JESUS and later the apostels , DID Expose sin and error and did correct the people
Rather odd that it seems today many cling
to the doctrines of men and accuse others of having error because they do not sit under
the RCC or men like calvin or other things . And now a worse delusion has come to take them all
into the web of great delusion . And many are fast to buy into that lie that has come in under
the guise that it is love , tolerant , that its unity is the right kind , that etc etc
and all the while its love contradicts things JESUS said
its unity CONTRADICTS the UNITY of GOD
its tolerance will overlook sins and errors within the church
and yet IT WONT tolerate the scrips nor those who bring the scrips at all .
SOMETHING has went amiss and amiss big time . THIS is why
i am begging and pleading , even warning all to get back into your bible
and get refreshed , get stirred up to remembrance BY THOSE REMINDERS they left us in the bible .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a Saviour!......isn't that good news?
THIS IS wonderful news indeed . WE TRULY DO HAVE A SAVOIR JESUS THE CHRIST
and yet i seem to see many running to another savoir whose love and whose unity , whose tolerance
cometh NOT OF GOD . they run to he whom they think is the SAVOIR , THE GOD , THE CHRIST
but in truth its another who uses THAT NAME to preach through decieved men
another jesus , another love , another god . this is a fact . I am seeing this everywhere now .
SO few there be who will even now try and stand and contend for the absolute
dire need to folks to REPENT TO BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS
and they sit under men who also have turned or I SHOULD SAY TRIED TO TURN
jesus , god into a minsitir of sin which is a man pleaser . we need to be alert
and be diligent . Stir one another up by way of remembrance .
PETER , paul and others did so THROUGH their letters and their exhortations .
PETER wrote he would leave a way for the church to ALWAYS have these things IN remembrance .
THEY DID . WE GOT THE BIBLE folks . Now let us return to it and be stirred up to remembrance
OF what BOTH CHRIST and the apostles had said .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Except the Pharisees were wrong-hearted and hypocritical. Don't you know we're in a war for souls? The devil is playing for keeps, this is not a drill. The church in general is being deceived and heading in a wrong direction that is leading them off a cliff. It's losing its saltiness in these days and losing ground. HAS lost it. Do you not know it? (Eventually it will be trampled underfoot by men.) Society is becoming sicker and sicker as a result...because Christianity has lost its sway over the land....the Spirit of the Lord has withdrawn. which is allowing darkness to move into the vacuum.

Darkness needs to be exposed for what it is, because it isn't what it deceptively "seemeth" to be, and the word of God needs to be raised as a banner against it in hopes of rescuing a few souls from the sinking ship. Come out of her my people, lest you receive of her plagues. Come into the ark that is Christ and His gospel because judgment is falling. Times of the Gentiles are coming to an end and only a remnant will be saved.

• Love