Israel has been attacking Gaza for decades

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this like the accusation that Gentiles hijacked the bible away from the Jews?

I don't know why anyone would want to particularly "identify" with Israel after the flesh which will come to an end one day, when they have something better and more enduring, for eternity. As the apostle wrote, Jerusalem that is below is not our mother.......but the new Jerusalem that is above is. The Jerusalem that is below is likened to Hagar in bondage, not Sarah.

Standing WITH Israel… is not about “standing” in the flesh, After the mortal flesh no longer exists.
:rolleyes:

Living people ARE Flesh and Blood…
They ARE deciding, choosing, their eternal FATE, by, through, of Standing WITH or WITHOUT Gods People ISRAEL….WHILE INDIVIDUALS ARE IN THE FLESH.

1 Kings 6:
[11] And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying,

[13] And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

Men who CHOOSE to Stand WITH Gods People ISRAEL, Stand in Obedience WITH God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Standing WITH Israel… is not about “standing” in the flesh, After the mortal flesh no longer exists.

They ARE deciding, choosing, their eternal FATE, by, through, of Standing WITH or WITHOUT Gods People ISRAEL….WHILE INDIVIDUALS ARE IN THE FLESH.

1 Kings 6:

[13] And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

Glory to God,
Taken
We stand with the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel. But I think we can agree on a human level with simple justness and fairness (IF we can sort out what is fair and just in certain situations which truly we can't always). But surely we are not required to "stand" with anyone in their sin and unrighteousness and if they be unjust in some way, whether they be Israeli or not.

I cannot "stand with Israel" in the abominations that were taking place at their idolatrous festival on Oct. 7....and neither can I stand with the Palestinians and the heinous things they did that day. I just wish they all knew Christ and would stop sinning so grievously and incurring God's judgment on themselves.

Reactions: Rita

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel has been attacking Gaza for decades

Israel has historically been enslaved and plotted against and murdered and slaughtered mercilessly for CENTURIES.

Yes the TRUTH WILL set you free…
IF and WHEN it is the WHOLE TRUTH.

God Bless Israel.

Glory to God,
Taken
That has all been part of their judgment and being chastised of the Lord......being strangers in a strange land wherever they go and what that has engendered, sadly, from time to time.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 Kings 6:

Glory to God,
Taken
We need to understand what it means where it says, "they are not all Israel who are of Israel."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We stand with the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel.[/QUUTE]

I stand with and IN Christ.

But I think we can agree on a human level with simple justness and fairness

No, not in agreement.
Just…Yes…fixed objective standard.
Fair…No. ..personal feelings irrelevant.
(Pss 26:25)

But surely we are not required to "stand" with anyone in their sin and unrighteousness and if they be unjust in some way, whether they be Israeli or not.

Stand with Israel…Yes.
Bless Israel…Yes.

God chose ISRAEL, His People.
God Guides ISRAEL.
God allowed ISRAEL’S enslavement.
God made PROMISES to ISRAEL.
God blinded ISRAEL.
God is Faithful.
God Shall rescue His Faithful ISRAEL.
God Bless those who Blesses ISRAEL.

I cannot "stand with Israel"

Your individual personal right to exercise your Freewill to stand against ISRAEL.

in the abominations that were taking place at their idolatrous festival on Oct. 7....

It is not an abomination for ISRAEL to celebrate Feasts God Established.

and neither can I stand with the Palestinians and the heinous things they did that day.

Okay.

just wish they all knew Christ and would stop sinning so grievously and incurring God's judgment on themselves.

If one is NOT with God, he is Against God.
Being Against Gods People is being Against whom God is with.

Religious Divide will NOT be resolved and the Divided “separated” (those with God and those without God)…
UNTIL the Son of Man Returns…(regardless of wishing and diplomatic roundtable, accords and oath-ed treaties).

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to understand what it means where it says, "they are not all Israel who are of Israel."
it means 2 things

1. Not everyone who is a physical descendant of Abraham Isaac and Jacob are saved (the thinking of the jews when this letter is written)

2. As paul would later show in the same passage, gentiles would also be saved through the promise in you shall all nations of the earth be blessed.

but we should not think it cancels out the promise between God and Israel the nation..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Israel the present world-wide Nation was SURPRISED (cowardly, underhandedly) attacked during a religious celebration.

Not my job to poll every citizen of Israel THE NATION to determine their Hearts Belief…for me to decide to Stand with ISRAEL.

I stand With ISRAEL and TRUST God SHALL Rightly Judge according to EVERY individuals Hearts Belief.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As Paul wrote in Romans, Israel after the flesh certainly has not been forsaken to the point where they are forbidden to receive the gospel......they can be grafted back in to their own Tree through faith in Christ, whosoever will. But as Jesus said to those who BELIEVED IN HIM, the Israel of God, He will never leave us or forsake us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Paul wrote in Romans, Israel after the flesh certainly has not been forsaken to the point where they are forbidden to receive the gospel......they can be grafted back in to their own Tree through faith in Christ, whosoever will. But as Jesus said to those who BELIEVED IN HIM, the Israel of God, He will never leave us or forsake us.
he won't amen,

Just like he will never leave them.. They have a special place in his heart. It will nto save them eternally. But he keeps a remnant for a reason. Because he is not done with them..

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give an example?

I dunno. Let's see here...Ok, let's use those Stimulus checks that came out to everyone during covid. That was Partisan. Only the government took on a responsibliity to just do that and us taxpayers dont have to anything for it, only let them know where to send it. That's a Partisan document that they wrote up (it was prolly 4000 documents becuse they dont do anything without a mountain of paperwork!)

That stimulus check was prolly just a feel good for the people so we wouldnt revolt so fast because they're pumping Billions and billions in to Ukraine. Putin isnt fighting Ukraine, he's fighting the US. So it illustrates the point I guess.

God has made both types of covenants with man. And most of them were Bi-Partisan (Two parties have responsibiity). He'd say, ...If my people will repent of their wicked ways, then I will heal their land. So that was iffy, or, bi-partisan. God did some with man in the OT also. He surprised Solomon one day and said, ask me for anything and I'll do it. Partisan. Abraham was mostly partisan things that God did for Abraham, promised to do.

It's terms used mostly in court, but if God promises you something, it's as good as carved in stone! (Unless maybe you pull a Jonah on Him?) That prolly wouldnt end well lol.

Reactions: Wrangler

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
he won't amen,

Just like he will never leave them.. They have a special place in his heart. It will nto save them eternally. But he keeps a remnant for a reason. Because he is not done with them..
A remnant......means those who are faithful and believe. A remnant of the nation of Israel are those from that nation who have faith and believe in Christ/Messiah. Just as Isaiah cried, though the number of the Israelites be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A remnant......means those who are faithful and believe. A remnant of the nation of Israel are those from that nation who have faith and believe in Christ/Messiah. Just as Isaiah cried, though the number of the Israelites be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved.
There is a reason you keep a remnant

Have you ever heard of a remnant from the edomites? How about the Jebusites> or the hittites? or the canannites?

Because they are done, Gone forever.

God promised Israel would never die.. and he keeps his promises.. Thats why he keeps a remnant.. Otherwise, he would Let Israel die like he did all of those before them.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You call that a contract?! Oy vey!

Well they sure toss around a lot of documents about it in government to do it so I'm sure so it's sorta the same thing.

If you want something more biblical we could say God's covenant with Noah, to never flood the earth again. Noah was already righteous so he didnt need to do anything for God to say that to Him about the rainbow

Or Abraham and God promised Him to make his seed to be more than the sand of the beaches.

Even if you look up the word "Covenant" in the Concordance. it actually says, A contract. I'm npt pulling your leg.

Reactions: Wrangler

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard of a remnant from the edomites? How about the Jebusites> or the hittites? or the canannites?

Scriture does say every tribe kindred and nation will be in Heaven. So even if only one of the edomites turned to God, it would be true. Maybe not 144.000 though.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriture does say every tribe kindred and nation will be in Heaven. So even if only one of the edomites turned to God, it would be true. Maybe not 144.000 though.
I am sure esau himself is in heaven (although a calvinist will disagree)

My point is there are no edomites today.. Because as a nationality, they have ceased to exist, Only Israel has been kept a remnant..

Reactions: MA2444

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
he won't amen,

They are loved on account of the patriarchs.....but also enemies for the gospel's sake at times. (And we are to love our enemies regardless.) But even so they are lost souls who often do as the lost do and as we did before we were saved. Lost is lost. That is why I don't think we as believers can "stand" with any nation of this world really, Jew or Gentile, because some things they do may be fine in the sight of God, but other things are not. Things having to do with this world are a mixture of good and evil.....and sometimes more evil than at other times......but never always good or perfect.

And what we do as a believer I believe is a separate issue from what our governments may do or not do. Just mentioning that in case you are talking in the sense of wanting our governments to stand with Israel. Governments are under the sovereignty of God, but they are not the church. I see it as being that governments are more an arm of justice and judgment - they do not bear the sword for nothing - while the church is the arm of mercy and we have a different kind of sword.

I don't want to call Israel special because that can be carried too far. But I believe they occupy a kind of unique position in a way. I think God sees them as prodigal sons. Their gifts and callings being without repentance. It is very sad that most of them don't know their own Messiah, but so it has been foreknown and foretold by the Lord.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel just released drone footage of Hamas Fighters getting into a UN Vehicle with UNWRA officials driving. They were dropped off, in order to ambush Israeli soldiers. The ambush failed. Israel has turned over the tapes to UNWRA for an investigation.

Meanwhile, Iran is threatening Israel with the use of their newly created Nuclear Bomb. It takes a lot of work to put a warhead on a missile. So, is Iran planning the deliver the bomb via camel? I believe a missile attempt would be a failure.