They're suing to get the ten commandments out of schools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video: talking about the lawsuit, talking to some individuals on the street about the commandments and witnessing to them of Christ.

The saddest part of the video is Jimmy Kimmel mocking the ten commandments and the audience laughing about it! (Parts of Kimmel's monologue were removed by the Christian videographer.)

Btw, the pride flag, etc, can be displayed in the schools...but not the ten commandments. Crazy world...no wonder there are so many mass shootings in the USA.

• Sad
Reactions: Wrangler

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not going to debate politics as it’s not my place as a woman to do so, but what this country needs for a revival is a Christian theocratic government. Secularism and democracy are a plague for society.

Reactions: Bob and Wrangler

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

They're suing to get the ten commandments out of schools​

If Christians believe the Law has been done away with, why are they stressing if the Law is no longer in the schools?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Christians believe the Law has been done away with, why are they stressing if the Law is no longer in the schools?

There are so many mass shootings here in the schools and some elsewhere...so perhaps if the kids were able to read the ten commandments (even from a historical perspective)... perhaps it could reach their consciences?

Most kids have never even heard of the ten commandments.

Besides school shootings, many young people are also doing other violet crimes.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They'll get this law reversed as it never should've been passed in the first place. As I've said before, they should've simply made a law allowing the Ten Commandments in schools where the communities want them.

School shootings aren't a result of schools not displaying the Ten Commandments; they're the result of a culture that's going down the drain. If we want our kids to know the Ten Commandments, parents have to know them first and then they can teach them to their kids, or take them to church where they can hear the gospel of Christ.

Last time I checked, LGBTQ+ isn't a religion or associated with religion.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are so many mass shootings here in the schools and some elsewhere...so perhaps if the kids were able to read the ten commandments (even from a historical perspective)... perhaps it could reach their consciences?

Most kids have never even heard of the ten commandments.

Besides school shootings, many young people are also doing other violet crimes.
you've missed my point Deb

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They'll get this law reversed as it never should've been passed in the first place. As I've said before, they should've simply made a law allowing the Ten Commandments in schools where the communities want them.

School shootings aren't a result of schools not displaying the Ten Commandments; they're the result of a culture that's going down the drain. If we want our kids to know the Ten Commandments, parents have to know them first and then they can teach them to their kids, or take them to church where they can hear the gospel of Christ.

'Christians' have been asserting the Law (10 C's) have been done away with for a long time....what do they expect? Do they now want to scream about reinstating them in schools? What a toss!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

'Christians' have been asserting the Law (10 C's) have been done away with for a long time....what do they expect? Do they now want to scream about reinstating them in schools? What a toss!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because Jesus did not come to abolish the law.

Putting aside your theological distraction, this is a political issue and what is under attack is our Judeo-Christian culture symbolized by the presence of the 10C in schools.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because Jesus did not come to abolish the law.

Putting aside your theological distraction, this is a political issue and what is under attack is our Judeo-Christian culture symbolized by the presence of the 10C in schools.
Your culture is shooting itself in the foot and institutionalised Christianity and its anti Law doctrines is a major contributor.
You are reaping the fruit of the seeds you have sown.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Christians' have been asserting the Law (10 C's) have been done away with for a long time
Nonsense! Repeating what is untrue does not make it true. The 10C is in every Bible ever published. Our Judeo-Christian history has NOT been done away with and I am offended at you repeatedly asserting it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nonsense! Repeating what is untrue does not make it true. The 10C is in every Bible ever published. Our Judeo-Christian history has NOT been done away with and I am offended at you repeatedly asserting it.
You are offended because you have been caught with your pants down and you want to blame me for pointing it out to you!.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you not a part of the body? Isn't it your culture also?
I have never advocated that the Law has been done away with.
You want to spread ideas that the Law is done away with because you hate the Sabbath commandment yet when the fruit of that theory lands in your lap you start complaining and blaming instead of taking responsibility for your error.
There is yet a lot more tragedy coming down the pike because of the error being peddled by so called 'christianity'

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those interested, here is the Complaint seeking to declare the Louisiana statute unconstitutional.

And here is a link to Stone v. Graham, in which SCOTUS struck down a similar law in Kentucky.
They rationalization for such things to be "unconstitutional" is to ignore that the Constituion says on the matter and impose what is not there, pretend there is a "separation of church and state" clause. There is no such clause.