Theology is neither here nor there, but have you submitted to God? (poised?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So it dawned on me recently that what you say is neither here nor there: but what saves! Jesus Himself said "chasing after Me to be the Christ, is nothing to Me" (paraphrase gospels, from memory) that is "when they say 'here is the Christ' or 'the Christ is there', do not go after them". So when we speak, saying 'this is the truth' or 'this is the right scripture' we are not misleading but developing trust - but that trust means nothing if it does not save. So it is that throughout our lives our reflection on the word of God develops, not simply that we learn more or are more able, but that more might be saved. These things are good (learning and ability), but they have no value if they do not help in bringing people to Christ.

The same is true of theology - the bringing together of words, about Christ - it is neither here nor there what theology we have, but that we submit to God. If we submit to God, then our works will be established and those works together will reflect God - the more with praise as time goes on. The point is not grow and grow in works alone, but to have a deeper relationship with God. Deepening our relationship with God, comes through submission. The Devil can't, simply cannot do this. It is up to us to be a bridge between God and the world, just as the Holy Spirit is. There is power in this. For if we know we are submitted to God, the Devil can't sway us. We therefore will pursue the Devil and hunt him down.

The important thing to remember, is that if we have this attitude about our words (that they save), they won't be wasted; if we have this attitude about our relationships (that we submit), we won't lose strength. God is able to bring power about, through these things because they have been finely tuned to what they should be. God wants to give us the power we should have. Power should be in reach of the Church. The Church has the truth and keeps it. Often we get confused, when one doctrine or another develops and sways people this and that: but the truth remains the same, the Church submits to God and the Church saves. Both these things come together in Jesus.

I hope this has been of some encouragement.

God bless.