The Wheel of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not choose to believe that God, for no known reason, chooses some to salvation and not others, for any reason! The definite supposition is that God cannot be “prejudice,” He would be a “respecter of persons” if He also saved the unbelievers He would be breaking His own law for them, which is reject God and perish - Luk 20:21; Act 10:34; Rom 2:11; Gal 2:6; Eph 6:9; Col 3:25; 1Pe 1:17. Therefore it’s my belief that God only chooses those whom He knows are going to choose Him. When the Potter is working the clay He already knows who will or will not choose to be saved (God’s omniscient).

I believe this answers to the “vessels of destruction” and “vessels of mercy” (Rom 9:22, 23). For God to be fair, He cannot bestow mercy on vessels of destruction. People must want God of their own volition, then He “draws” them (Jhn 6:44), otherwise it wouldn’t be fair. If He was the One to cause one to desire Himself, everyone would be saved, because He would cause everyone to desire Him. Christ chooses us first, because we didn’t know we would be choosing Him; but He knew we would choose Him! Of course a bit difficult to explain, but this is what I’ve believed for 50 years now.
NC

The Wheel of Life

Our Father was pleased to create a world, and set it revolving in space amongst the countless orbs which shine in the heavens around us. He was pleased to allow sin and death to enter that fair scene (so that Adam and Eve could become aware of what sin is, of which they were unaware, until “the eyes of them both were opened“ - Gen 3:7, which I believe allowed them to become aware of God’s holiness—NC). Who can “reply”? He was pleased to choose and to call a people out of the world, and to permit them to destroy themselves (my opinion is that “destroy” is in the sense of dishonoring themselves as those who “willfully sin” do - Heb 10:26—NC), while He, with longsuffering, bore with them “till there was no remedy” (2Ch 36:16).

He was pleased to send His Son to “endure the Cross” (Heb 12:2) and bear His wrath against sin (of course the “wrath” was on the sin and not on Christ—NC). Who was before Him in all this? Not one! In all things He wrought: He permitted; He ordered; and it is He who challenges the stubborn heart which would say, “Why doth He yet find fault? For who hath resisted His will?” It is He who designs to stoop to the reply, “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, “Why hast thou made me thus”? (Ro 9:19-21).

Have we ever stood in the potter’s house, and beheld him, as he wrought on the wheel? The workman takes the lump of clay; he presses it to the wheel; the wheel revolves before the eye. Now where, let me ask, is the vessel? It is in the mind of the potter, before it is formed: the design is there. His fingers shape the mass before him: gradually it grows up before his eye; gradually the thought of his mind is transferred to the clay, and it rises up before him, and the thoughts hitherto unexpressed, grow into the vessel which his fingers mold.

He sees a flaw; an imperfection in the clay. Others, beholding, have not detected it, as with the artist’s eye. He crushes the clay under his hand into a shapeless mass again. Once more his fingers mold and fashion it into his design. Again and again defects appear. Again and again the clay is reduced to a shapeless mass, until at last it rises in perfection of design before him; his eye surveys it with satisfaction and pride; and he removes it from the wheel to take its place with the choice things of the earth around (this represents the Christian—NC).

This is the history of the growing believer (God shaping only believers “to desire and do His good pleasure” - Phl 2:13—NC). The clay is in the Potter’s hand. His fingers fashion it, and it begins marred; the clay needs more of His patient manipulation and skill. It is not yet smooth and even pliable to His hand. He crushes it time after time (i.e. trial after trial—NC). The perfect vessel stood before His mind and purpose before His hand had taken the clay, and placed it on the wheel of life (unbelievers are purposed to perish, and believers are purposed to salvation—NC). But when all is done, He has transferred His thought and purpose with unerring skill to the clay; the Potter is now seen in His handiwork; and it is a vessel of mercy, which He afore has prepared for glory.

How important, as these trials take place, is the need of interpretation of these skillful workings of the hands of the Potter! How often are the lessons misunderstood (never have been many mature believers—NC); or not apprehended at all (which has nothing to do with being saved but for growth—NC)! In the history of souls in the Word these actions are seen, the results are reached. In them we read the history of His dealings with our own souls, and the handiwork of our Father. We look then for the lines of beauty resulting from His hand; we yield ourselves to the things which happen; we see the end of the Lord (how it is with Christ—NC): we know how it is that “all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose: (Ro 8:28).

— Frederick George Patterson (1832-1887)

MJS daily devotional excerpt for June 25

““Covenant theology, which has molded the major theological conceptions for many generations, recognizes no distinctions as to ages, therefore can allow for no distinctions between law and grace. This dominating attitude of Covenantism must account for the utter neglect of life truth (growth) in all their works of theology (presently God doesn't even have a Covenant with His people Israel, but will latter renew a permanent covenant with them; which will still be Law (Jer 31:31; Eze 36:26, 27).

“No more representative theological dictum from the Covenant viewpoint has been formed than the Westminster Confession of Faith, which valuable and important document recognizes life truth only to the point of imposing the Ten Commandments on Christians as their sole obligation, and in spite of the teachings of the New Testament which asserts that the Law was never given to Gentile or Christian.”
- Lewis Sperry Chafer (1871-1952)

Note: Christians have no covenant with God, but rather are recipients of the “Covenant of Redemption” (Heb 13:20, 21), which is a covenant between the Father and the Son, in that the Father raised His Son from death after being the sacrifice for mankind. Nowhere is there any given Scripture with language that expresses a Covenant with Christians, only a declaration of Christ’s pledge to save believers (Mat 26:28).

For whatever reason, God seems a bit secretive concerning the particulars of this Covenant (the same concerning Israel’s eschatology), as it is not openly clear that it is between Him and His Son (but much Scripturally inferred); but not secretive about the availability of its import to mankind. How much love to those who are His, and how much better a covenant that can’t ever be broken?—Amen. God’s love to all who love Him!
NC

Reactions: Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not choose to believe that God, for no known reason, chooses some to salvation and not others, for any reason! The definite supposition is that God cannot be “prejudice,” He would be a “respecter of persons” if He also saved the unbelievers He would be breaking His own law for them, which is reject God and perish - Luk 20:21; Act 10:34; Rom 2:11; Gal 2:6; Eph 6:9; Col 3:25; 1Pe 1:17. Therefore it’s my belief that God only chooses those whom He knows are going to choose Him. When the Potter is working the clay He already knows who will or will not choose to be saved (God’s omniscient).

I believe this answers to the “vessels of destruction” and “vessels of mercy” (Rom 9:22, 23). For God to be fair, He cannot bestow mercy on vessels of destruction. People must want God of their own volition, then He “draws” them (Jhn 6:44), otherwise it wouldn’t be fair. If He was the One to cause one to desire Himself, everyone would be saved, because He would cause everyone to desire Him. Christ chooses us first, because we didn’t know we would be choosing Him; but He knew we would choose Him! Of course a bit difficult to explain, but this is what I’ve believed for 50 years now.
NC

The Wheel of Life

Our Father was pleased to create a world, and set it revolving in space amongst the countless orbs which shine in the heavens around us. He was pleased to allow sin and death to enter that fair scene (so that Adam and Eve could become aware of what sin is, of which they were unaware, until “the eyes of them both were opened“ - Gen 3:7, which I believe allowed them to become aware of God’s holiness—NC). Who can “reply”? He was pleased to choose and to call a people out of the world, and to permit them to destroy themselves (my opinion is that “destroy” is in the sense of dishonoring themselves as those who “willfully sin” do - Heb 10:26—NC), while He, with longsuffering, bore with them “till there was no remedy” (2Ch 36:16).

He was pleased to send His Son to “endure the Cross” (Heb 12:2) and bear His wrath against sin (of course the “wrath” was on the sin and not on Christ—NC). Who was before Him in all this? Not one! In all things He wrought: He permitted; He ordered; and it is He who challenges the stubborn heart which would say, “Why doth He yet find fault? For who hath resisted His will?” It is He who designs to stoop to the reply, “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, “Why hast thou made me thus”? (Ro 9:19-21).

Have we ever stood in the potter’s house, and beheld him, as he wrought on the wheel? The workman takes the lump of clay; he presses it to the wheel; the wheel revolves before the eye. Now where, let me ask, is the vessel? It is in the mind of the potter, before it is formed: the design is there. His fingers shape the mass before him: gradually it grows up before his eye; gradually the thought of his mind is transferred to the clay, and it rises up before him, and the thoughts hitherto unexpressed, grow into the vessel which his fingers mold.

He sees a flaw; an imperfection in the clay. Others, beholding, have not detected it, as with the artist’s eye. He crushes the clay under his hand into a shapeless mass again. Once more his fingers mold and fashion it into his design. Again and again defects appear. Again and again the clay is reduced to a shapeless mass, until at last it rises in perfection of design before him; his eye surveys it with satisfaction and pride; and he removes it from the wheel to take its place with the choice things of the earth around (this represents the Christian—NC).

This is the history of the growing believer (God shaping only believers “to desire and do His good pleasure” - Phl 2:13—NC). The clay is in the Potter’s hand. His fingers fashion it, and it begins marred; the clay needs more of His patient manipulation and skill. It is not yet smooth and even pliable to His hand. He crushes it time after time (i.e. trial after trial—NC). The perfect vessel stood before His mind and purpose before His hand had taken the clay, and placed it on the wheel of life (unbelievers are purposed to perish, and believers are purposed to salvation—NC). But when all is done, He has transferred His thought and purpose with unerring skill to the clay; the Potter is now seen in His handiwork; and it is a vessel of mercy, which He afore has prepared for glory.

How important, as these trials take place, is the need of interpretation of these skillful workings of the hands of the Potter! How often are the lessons misunderstood (never have been many mature believers—NC); or not apprehended at all (which has nothing to do with being saved but for growth—NC)! In the history of souls in the Word these actions are seen, the results are reached. In them we read the history of His dealings with our own souls, and the handiwork of our Father. We look then for the lines of beauty resulting from His hand; we yield ourselves to the things which happen; we see the end of the Lord (how it is with Christ—NC): we know how it is that “all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose: (Ro 8:28).

— Frederick George Patterson (1832-1887)

MJS daily devotional excerpt for June 25

““Covenant theology, which has molded the major theological conceptions for many generations, recognizes no distinctions as to ages, therefore can allow for no distinctions between law and grace. This dominating attitude of Covenantism must account for the utter neglect of life truth (growth) in all their works of theology (presently God doesn't even have a Covenant with His people Israel, but will latter renew a permanent covenant with them; which will still be Law (Jer 31:31; Eze 36:26, 27).

“No more representative theological dictum from the Covenant viewpoint has been formed than the Westminster Confession of Faith, which valuable and important document recognizes life truth only to the point of imposing the Ten Commandments on Christians as their sole obligation, and in spite of the teachings of the New Testament which asserts that the Law was never given to Gentile or Christian.”
- Lewis Sperry Chafer (1871-1952)

Note: Christians have no covenant with God, but rather are recipients of the “Covenant of Redemption” (Heb 13:20, 21), which is a covenant between the Father and the Son, in that the Father raised His Son from death after being the sacrifice for mankind. Nowhere is there any given Scripture with language that expresses a Covenant with Christians, only a declaration of Christ’s pledge to save believers (Mat 26:28).

For whatever reason, God seems a bit secretive concerning the particulars of this Covenant (the same concerning Israel’s eschatology), as it is not openly clear that it is between Him and His Son (but much Scripturally inferred); but not secretive about the availability of its import to mankind. How much love to those who are His, and how much better a covenant that can’t ever be broken?—Amen. God’s love to all who love Him!
NC
It may be your belief that God chooses those who choose HIm, but that is not Scripture.

Believers after they are saved can choose between good and evil, but the unsaved- even their righteousness is filthy rags as is written.

1 Corinthians 2:14

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 8:6-8

King James Version

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Ephesians 1:4-5

King James Version

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 9:15-16

King James Version

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Romans 9:18-24

King James Version

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

these verses clearly show that the unsaved have no capacity (free will) to choose God. It is not in the nature of man to choose God.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is unwilling that any perish but you are free to choose to reject God and perish.
True, and He knows most of mankind isn't going to choose to be right with Him (Mat 7:13,14). If the number of those perishing are compared to those choosing to be saved, those choosing to be saved will be few in comparison to those choosing to perish.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers after they are saved can choose between good and evil, but the unsaved- even their righteousness is filthy rags as is written.
Hi and appreciate your reply! It's my understanding that once one is saved they will never choose evil again, because God "works in you both to desire and do His good pleasure" (Phl 2:13).

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

these verses clearly show that the unsaved have no capacity (free will) to choose God. It is not in the nature of man to choose God.
But man does have the capacity to choose God or reject Him. If it were any other way it wouldn't be fair. The onus is on each individual to make the right choice. That's what the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil was about, making the right or wrong choice. But God know they would choose to partake of the Tree!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi and appreciate your reply! It's my understanding that once one is saved they will never choose evil again, because God "works in you both to desire and do His good pleasure" (Phl 2:13).

But man does have the capacity to choose God or reject Him. If it were any other way it wouldn't be fair. The onus is on each individual to make the right choice. That's what the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil was about, making the right or wrong choice. But God know they would choose to partake of the Tree!
Believers choose evil . It is called sin and there is not one sinless person on the planet experientially.

whether we think something is fair or not, we are bound to form our beliefs from Scripture. Based on teh verses I showed you, an unsaved person in their natural state cannot and will not choose God!

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

all humans are by nature- children of wrath.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all humans are by nature- children of wrath.
Appears we have a different understanding concerning the issue of predestination. I just don't see where man doesn't have a choice. God knew man would be evil, He knew God knew that Adam and Eve would choose to sin, even when He was commanding them not to eat of the Tree. He also knew they would learn what evil and shame was (Gen 3:7) and realized His holiness, and chose to be right with Him. I believe that before the sin they only knew what was right and wrong, and were not aware of what evil was; but God wanted them to learn what evil is, so they would know what His holiness was. It can't possible be that God did not know they would choose to sin, because He is omniscient!

I believe it was God's intention for man to choose to eat or not eat of the Tree of Knowledge; and that Adam and Eve chose to be right with God after they sinned. This is obvious to me, considering the evidence in Scripture of how God treated them after the sin!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appears we have a different understanding concerning the issue of predestination. I just don't see where man doesn't have a choice. God knew man would be evil, He knew God knew that Adam and Eve would choose to sin, even when He was commanding them not to eat of the Tree. He also knew they would learn what evil and shame was (Gen 3:7) and realized His holiness, and chose to be right with Him. I believe that before the sin they only knew what was right and wrong, and were not aware of what evil was; but God wanted them to learn what evil is, so they would know what His holiness was. It can't possible be that God did not know they would choose to sin, because He is omniscient!

I believe it was God's intention for man to choose to eat or not eat of the Tree of Knowledge; and that Adam and Eve chose to be right with God after they sinned. This is obvious to me, considering the evidence in Scripture of how God treated them after the sin!
These are all nice philosophical thoughts, but have no basis in God's Word.

But Gods Word is very clear! An unsaved individual will not choose God in and of themself. They cannot and do not wish to! that is explicit! It takes God working in a heart to change the direction of that person who is defined as being a child of wrath by nature.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are all nice philosophical thoughts, but have no basis in God's Word.
There are times when Scripture is not openly clear, requiring additional study and understanding. Often, to achieve certain understanding that one is attempting receive, it requires the use of "inference" (to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence) which is the use of Scripture that relates to Scripture that addresses the subject indirectly, but enough to ascertain truth.
An unsaved individual will not choose God in and of themself.
I would need Scripture references for this claim. Just because man is evil it doesn't mean he can't chose to be right with God. To me an acceptable explanation could be that all men are "evil continually" (Gen 6:5), but "Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (as many others did - Gen 6:8), because he chose to be right with Him.

We know this clearly from Hebrews 11. Noah walked with God by faith and was righteous, as he constructed the ark in reverent fear. There's nothing to indicate that God changed him, which shows man has the inclination for evil and good; but all man can do is desire good, as it requires God to make one good.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not choose to believe that God, for no known reason, chooses some to salvation and not others, for any reason!
Dear Netchaplain,
You said (my comments are in red):
I do not choose to believe that God, for no known reason, chooses some to salvation and not others, for any reason! (FALSE, ALL WILL BE SAVED BUT ONLY A FEW WILL BE HEIRS/FIRST FRUITS) The definite supposition is that God cannot be “prejudice,” He would be a “respecter of persons” if He also saved the unbelievers (WE ARE ALL UNBELIEVERS UNTIL CHRIST FREELY GIVES US THE SPIRIT, 1COR 12:3). He would be breaking His own law for them, which is reject God and perish (THAT IS WHY CHRIST WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO REMAIN AN UNBELIEVER. HE WILL GIVE EVERYONE THE SPIRIT PRIOR TO THEM PERISHING IN THE LAKE OF FIRE) - Luk 20:21; Act 10:34; Rom 2:11; Gal 2:6; Eph 6:9; Col 3:25; 1Pe 1:17. Therefore it’s my belief that God only chooses those whom He knows are going to choose Him (FALSE, THIS BELIEF IS BLASPHEMY). When the Potter is working the clay He already knows who will or will not choose to be saved (God’s omniscient) (GOD'S FOREKNOWLEDGE COMES FROM THE CERTAINTY THAT HIS WORK WILL ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING HE HAS SPOKEN).

I believe this answers to the “vessels of destruction” and “vessels of mercy” (Rom 9:22, 23). For God to be fair, He cannot bestow mercy on vessels of destruction. People must want God of their own volition (NOT POSSIBLE: ROM 3:10 & 8:7, 1COR 2:14), then He “draws” them (Jhn 6:44), otherwise it wouldn’t be fair. (HE DRAWS THEM BY FREELY GIVING THEM THE EARLY RAIN OF THE SPIRIT) If He was the One to cause one to desire Himself, everyone would be saved because He would cause everyone to desire Him. (THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN/CHRIST WILL CHANGE THE HEARTS & MINDS OF ALL MANKIND BY FREELY GIVING EACH PERSON THE SPIRIT AT A TIME OF HIS CHOOSING) Christ chooses us first, because we didn’t know we would be choosing Him; but He knew we would choose Him! (BLASPHEMY AGAIN) Of course a bit difficult to explain, but this is what I’ve believed for 50 years now. (IT'S DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN BECAUSE IT IS NOT TRUE)

Your beliefs which you expressed above do not come from God's Word. They come from the teachings of the apostate church.

First of all, Christ came into the world to save all mankind and not just the people who are supposedly wise enough to choose Him.

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

Do you believe this verse above? If you say "yes", then why do you believe Christ is going to fail in this mission? Is Christ that weak?

The gospel you are following mixes man's works (Old Covenant/Old Wine) with the works of Christ (New Covenant/New Wine). Because of this mixing, the salvation of a person becomes dependent upon the person doing "something" in order to make themselves worthy of the free gift. This "something" is a work of man. Because you say mankind controls their own destiny, you are also saying that Christ does not have the ability to save all mankind even though He may have the desire to save them all (you are saying that Christ's hands are tied by mankind's "free will" ability).

Your beliefs above are contrary to God's Word and are actually quite blasphemous.

Prov 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Prov 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Jer 10:23 I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

Dan 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of the heavens, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Satan is the god of this world and his gospel teaches the "crooked way" of trying to make oneself worthy of salvation. That is why scripture says that Satan is the "crooked serpent". The crooked way is also called religion.

Satan's crooked gospel is based upon mixing the works of man (even just one work will qualify) with the works of Christ. In other words, Satan's false gospel is teaching that the works of Christ are insufficient to save a person - that the person must at least contribute something from within themselves to qualify for God's grace. When a believer does this mixing of the old and new covenants, they are trying to serve two masters which will cause their house to fall. This is the one and only sin that a believer can commit that leads to death (loss of salvation). For that reason, the "sin that leads to death" is the principle teaching of Satan's false gospel and is how he builds his apostate church.

Under the New Covenant, Christ does all (100%) of the work of saving mankind. For that reason, salvation is a certainty for all mankind. Christ will not cease from His work until the last person who has ever lived is saved.

Before Christ came into the world, He had already established a plan to accomplish His great work of saving mankind.

In this age, Christ is ONLY bringing in the "first fruits" of His harvest. They are the Elect who were chosen for this blessing before the foundation of the world. They contributed nothing toward their elect status. They were chosen ONLY because it suited the purposes of God:

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

God is not a fortuneteller who looks into the future to see who will accept Christ; and then with that foreknowledge, He turns around and claims that He chose the person from the foundation of the world. This false belief makes God out to be a liar and thief. Can't you see how blasphemous this belief is?

For the balance of mankind who were not chosen to be harvested early, they will receive their free gift of salvation in the next and final age. I call this age the Lake of Fire age.

The Lake of Fire is a spiritual symbol which represents Christ's judgment of the mankind. It is not a literal place.

All mankind will experience and die in Christ's Lake of Fire because it is a necessary component of the conversion process that a person must go through to be made into a new creation (a son of God).

The old vessel must be destroyed so that the new vessel can be created:

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

At the start of the final age, the "lost" (the goats) will be under the judgment of the Law for their sins. Under that judgment, death is the only outcome. However, before the "lost" perish by this judgment, Christ will have mercy upon them:

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: JUSTICE, MERCY, AND FAITH: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Christ's MERCY will come to the "lost" in the form of the Early Rain of the Spirit which will give them FAITH. With this faith, the pathway for Christ will be made straight for Him to come to them a second time to give them the Latter Rain of the Spirit. With both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit, the person will be born as a child of God who will be gathered up to heaven. The child of the Devil (who they used to be/old vessel) will remain in the Lake of Fire to perish. This death will satisfy JUSTICE.

By the end of the final age, mankind will cease to exist but the Kingdom of Heaven will be that much fuller; to be testified in "due time":

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joe

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are times when Scripture is not openly clear, requiring additional study and understanding. Often, to achieve certain understanding that one is attempting receive, it requires the use of "inference" (to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence) which is the use of Scripture that relates to Scripture that addresses the subject indirectly, but enough to ascertain truth.

I would need Scripture references for this claim. Just because man is evil it doesn't mean he can't chose to be right with God. To me an acceptable explanation could be that all men are "evil continually" (Gen 6:5), but "Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (as many others did - Gen 6:8), because he chose to be right with Him.

We know this clearly from Hebrews 11. Noah walked with God by faith and was righteous, as he constructed the ark in reverent fear. There's nothing to indicate that God changed him, which shows man has the inclination for evil and good; but all man can do is desire good, as it requires God to make one good.
To your first point? Baloney! this is the methodology of the cults and false teachers. They ignore the clear passages like I gave you, and find passages that seem or might defend their positions. Reasonings and conclusions from premises are just human guesswork.

But let me give you the verses again and then you refute them by what you call your reasonings and premises.

Romans 8:6-8

King James Version

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1 Corinthians 2:14

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 9:14-16

King James Version

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Romans 9:18-24

King James Version

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now please show us how these clear unambiguous Scriptures are voided by "inference, reasoning and premises".

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Wheel of Life

Dear Netchaplain,
I forgot to address Heb 10:26 concerning the phrase "if we sin willfully sin after we have received the knowledge of the truth".

Here is the verse:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The "willful sin" is the same sin that leads to death that John mentions in 1John 5:16.

Read at the entire 10th chapter of Hebrews. It is talking about the differences between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. The willful sin is when a believer adds their own works to the works of Christ. It is not talking about any other sin that a person might commit (those are covered by the blood of Christ).

When a believer mixes their own works with faith, they are saying that Christ's work is insufficient to save them. That is why Paul says "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins".

When a believer accepts Satan's crooked gospel (mixes works with faith), they are spiritually fornicating with Satan. When this happens, the espoused chaste virgin to Christ is no longer chaste. The believer will then fall from the grace of the New Covenant. To be restored, the believer must receive the Latter Rain of the Spirit (extra flask of oil in the Parable of the Ten Virgins).

In this age, "many" are called to be saints (given ONLY the Early Rain of the Spirit) but only a "few" are chosen to actually become saints (given BOTH the Early & Latter Rains of the Spirit). It is in this way that Christ builds His true church who will reign with Him in the final age when He brings in the remaining harvest of mankind.

Salvation requires both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit:

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

After a believer has received the Latter Rain of the Spirit, it becomes VERY CLEAR to them that the pathway to salvation the Elect will travel goes through the apostate church. All the Elect will receive the mark of the beast and will become worse than the first (Mat 12:43-45).

Only after a fallen away Elect believer receives the Latter Rain of the Spirit will they come out of the apostate church. At that time, the Elect believer's spiritual blindness will be healed (Mark 8:15-25 & Paul's conversion experience) so that they can "see" the Abomination of Desolation that had previously occurred within themselves (God's temple). When they see this sign of the times (Mat 24:15-16), they should flee to the mountains because judgment is about to fall on them. After their judgment is complete, they will be converted and added to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Joe

Last edited:

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to address Heb 10:26 concerning the phrase "if we sin willfully sin after we have received the knowledge of the truth".

Here is the verse:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The "willful sin" is the same sin that leads to death that John mentions in 1John 5:16.
To me, Heb 10:26 is addressing someone who discovers the "knowledge of the truth" (i.e. "receives the knowledge of the truth" e.g. the Gospel), and instead of accepting it to live by it they continue on in their sinful life without being born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not choose to believe that God, for no known reason, chooses some to salvation and not others

So in that case.. @Netchaplain ..... .and because Calvinism does not teach that God chooses FAMILIES, but only some who are "elected.."
Then that means that John Calvinism, is teaching that God didnt choose some of your familiy for His Heaven, @Netchaplain .

How do you feel about teaching that God didnt choose all of your family for Heaven, as that is what you are teaching when you teach : Calvinism & TULIP.

So, when you look at Calvinism<>TULIP.... truthfully, as IT Explains itself, then some of your family, were not Chosen by God, to go to Heaven, so that exclusion sends them to Hell and then the Lake of Fire, because the God of Christ on The Cross, and the God who is LOVE, would not allow them to BELIEVE In Jesus, according to John Calvinism and TULIP>.

Now, when i point this out to a deceived Calvinist, they think about it, and then start trying to find a way out.. regarding the Fact that Calvinism that they adore and also claim chose THEM as the "elect" "Pre-destined".....didnt choose others in their Family... such as maybe your MOTHER< or your FATHER, or half of your Children, or your Grandparents.

So, when confronted with this "Calvinism : reality bites", .. most Calvinists will LIE ... they will lie, lie, lie..., and try to say.>>>"well, my family you see.. we are ALL of the ELECT all the way back to the Pilgrims.. all the way back to ADAM and EVE.".

No no no.
Do not lie., Mr Im a Calvinist..
Accept that John Calvin, sends some of your family to the lake of fire with his Theology along with TULIP, and as you ither accept this truth, or LIE TO YOURSELF< and Most Calvinist will bend that bible just Like Calvin did, to try to find a way to keep "non elected" "non-predestined" mother or daughter out of the Lake of Fire, when in Fact, John Calvin has sent them there, .... according to : Calvinism & TULIP.

im waiting for the day, when a honest Calvinist, will say....>>"yes, some of my family are indeed pre-destined to hell, because God didn't pre-destined them to be the Elect according to the words of my IDOL.. .John Calvin and TULIP".

And then i can ask them.........>"Which ones are not going to Heaven, courtesy of John Calvinism and TULIP"?

Reader.
Do you see the problem?
Calvinism is a "doctrine of devils"........do not believe it. Do not listen to people who preach it and teach it.
Avoid it like you would avoid the Devil who created it.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the methodology of the cults and false teachers. They ignore the clear passages like I gave you, and find passages that seem or might defend their positions. Reasonings and conclusions from premises are just human guesswork.

But let me give you the verses again and then you refute them by what you call your reasonings and premises.

Romans 8:6-8​

King James Version​

1 Corinthians 2:14​

King James Version​

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned
These passages are describing those who are not reborn.
.Romans 9:14-16

King James Version​

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
God's mercy and compassion are only to those who choose to be saved. He already knows who will and will not believe, even before fashioning the clay (person). He knows most choose to be unbelievers when He is fashioning them in the womb (clay).

Romans 9:18-24​

King James Version​

God knows the choice of one who will choose to be "hardhearted" and so makes one hardhearted (unbeliever).
Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
God makes people according to the way He knows they are going to choose when He is fashioning them.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in that case.. @Netchaplain ..... .and because Calvinism does not teach that God chooses FAMILIES, but only some who are "elected.."
Then that means that John Calvinism, is teaching that God didnt choose some of your familiy for His Heaven,
I don't believe God chooses some to salvation and not everyone. He just already knows your choice, even before He fashions you in the womb. Since He already knows who will choose to unbelieve, He "fits them to destruction," to be examples to the saved (Rom 9:22).

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Joe, and thanks for the replies! It's my understanding that all who are saved are "heirs of salvation" (Heb 1:14; Rom 11:16; Gal 4:7).
Dear Netchaplain,
The "heirs" are the Elect and are the only people who Christ is saving in this age. They are the "chosen generation" (1Pet 2:9) who will receive the inheritance/rewards. The rewards include life DURING the ages and the honor of reigning with Christ in the final age over the balance of mankind. That reign is a reign of service and love for the purpose of bringing in the great final harvest of mankind.

When that "last day" arrives, this call will go out:

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast (Feast of Ingathering/Tabernacles), Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride
(the Elect/heirs) say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

The "called" but not chosen believers will remain unconverted and in an apostate condition when they die. They will not be heirs (The Parable of the Prodigal Son applies). They will be resurrected to judgment and will receive their "portion with the unbelievers" at the end of the final age. At that time, they will be saved along with the rest of mankind who are with them in the Lake of Fire (represents Christ's administration of judgment by the Law).

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he (the Elect/heir) shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Just before the ages come to a close, all who have died in Adam will have been made alive in Christ:

1Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Rom 5:15 But shall not the act of favour be as the offence? For if by the offence of one the many have died, much rather has the grace of God, and the free gift in grace, which is by the one man Jesus Christ, abounded unto the many.

Salvation is a free gift. It does not have to be earned or even "received" by mankind (as some claim). It is freely given to mankind.

Joe

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't believe God chooses some to salvation and not everyone. He just already knows your choice, even before He fashions you in the womb. Since He already knows who will choose to unbelieve, He "fits them to destruction," to be examples to the saved (Rom 9:22).

Do you believe that God has pre-destined some to not be chosen as the "elect"?

Or are you saying that God's foreknowledge knows who is going to arrive on earth, and never trust in Christ by free will. ?
So, in their case, they have chosen by not Choosing to Believe in Jesus.. = to become pre-destined as "the vessels fitted for destruction", only because they would choose to not believe in Jesus.

Here is how Paul teaches all this, and see if this works as your particular theology.

All who trust in Christ, are predestined , to become "conformed into the image of Christ".. So, the pre-destining is not God causing them to initially believe.. but the pre-destining, is what happens automatically afterwards, BECAUSE they have believed.
So, the pre-destining, that is the "conforming", happens = subsequent to the BELIEVING..

and regarding these.. unbelievers..

John 3:36.

Their UNBELIEF, that God knew about before they were born, (Foreknowledge).... has pre-destined them to become "vessels fitted for destruction", because that is the end result of dying in unbelief, never born again.

So, in both cases, its the person's Free -Will that God accepts..... to believe in Jesus or not....,,, that LEADS eventually to the pre-destined end result, that God already knew would happen, before both were born.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, Heb 10:26 is addressing someone who discovers the "knowledge of the truth" (i.e. "receives the knowledge of the truth" e.g. the Gospel), and instead of accepting it to live by it they continue on in their sinful life without being born again.
Dear Netchaplain,
No person can "discover" the knowledge of the truth while they are still in their natural state they have from birth:

Rom 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Truth is a gift from Christ. Christ gives His truth to an Elect person in TWO segments.

The first segment comes to all new believers after Christ gives them the Early Rain of the Spirit. The Early Rain of the Spirit will give the person a "measure of faith" and the knowledge that Jesus is truly the Christ. This is when they will enter the church and will be a part of the "many" who have been called to be saints. It is these type of believers who made up the bulk of the churches that the Apostles started. Scripturally speaking, these new believers were spiritual "babes". They could understand "Christ and Him crucified" (1Cor 2:2) but not much else because the Early Rain of the Spirit did not heal their spiritual blindness.

This scripture apples:

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11 For with stammering lips and another language will he speak to this people. 12 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken (by Satan).

After a person receives the Early Rain of the Spirit and is drawing milk, Satan will come along and deceive them through the spirit of anti-Christ (Satan takes advantage of their spiritual blindness, Mat 12:43-45). It is at this point that the new believer will "fall backward, and be broken, and snared and taken".

Shortly after Paul's death, experiencing the apostasy has happened to all new believers.

The new believer will remain in this apostate condition until they die (non-Elect) or until Christ comes to them a second time and gives them the Latter Rain of the Spirit (Elect).

With the Latter Rain of the Spirit, the Elect believer's spiritual blindness will be healed and they will then be able to receive the spiritual truth of the New Covenant. This is the second segment of truth that I mentioned above.

Using the marriage analogy, the engagement to Christ occurs when a person receives the Early Rain of the Spirit. At this point, the new believer becomes a chaste virgin. They must remain in this chaste condition while they wait for the Bridegroom (Christ) to return. However, because all new believers are spiritually blind, Satan will come to them and deceive them. From Satan's deceptions, the virgin will spiritually fornicate with Satan (accept His false gospel of mixing works with faith) and will no longer be chaste.

For the Elect only, Christ will come again and give the fallen away believer the Latter Rain of the Spirit. With the Latter Rain of the Spirit, the believer will be restored and will become a chaste virgin again who is ready to return with the Bridegroom for the marriage to take place ("marriage of the Lamb"). Immediately after the marriage ceremony, the "Marriage Supper of the Lamb" will begin. During this supper, Christ will feed His new bride His spiritual truth of bread and New Wine. This supper is also the spiritual fulfillment of the physical Lord's Supper mentioned below:

Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day (day of salvation for the Elect believer) when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

You said:
...instead of accepting it to live by it they continue on in their sinful life without being born again.

That is not what Paul means by willfully sinning. He is talking about the sin of adding works to faith. When a person does this, they are mixing the Old Covenant with the New Covenant.

A person is only "born again" after they have been given both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit. After they are converted, they will only walk by faith (no mixing in of their own works).

Joe

Last edited: