The Evil Still Attacks, but the King Prevails, Losing Not One

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 10:27-30 NRSVue My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, in regard to what he has given me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

Joh 5:24 NRSVue Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and does not come under judgment but has passed from death to life. *The believers have "eternal life' and do not come under judgment. If this life can be lost, it was not "eternal"!

Eph 1:13-14 NRSVue In him you also, when you had heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and had believed in him, were marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit; 14 this is the pledge of our inheritance toward redemption as God’s own people, to the praise of his glory.

1Jn 2:19-20 NRSVue They went out from us, but they did not belong to us, for if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us. But by going out they made it plain that none of them belongs to us. 20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge.

Php 1:6 NRSVue I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. The entire city of Philippi was abandoned in the 14th century and only archaeological ruins remain today. So, the "you" here must be individual believers. PERSEVERANCE is that promise of God, not man's ability to keep himself saved. It is the "one" who began the work will continue, that is God.

Jud 1:24-25 NRSVue Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to make you stand without blemish in the presence of his glory with rejoicing, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. *Perseverance is God's work in us, not our striving.

2Pe 1:10-11 RSV Therefore, brethren, be the more zealous to confirm your call and election, for if you do this you will never fall; 11 so there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:29-30, 33-35 NRSVue For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn within a large family. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified...Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ who died, or rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will affliction or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?

1Th 5:23-24 NRSVue May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely, and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do this. *It is God who sanctifies his children.

2Co 5:17 NRSVue So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; look, new things have come into being!

Heb 7:25 NRSVue Consequently, he is able for all time to save those who approach God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

About faith

2Pe 1:1 NRSVue Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith as equally honorable as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Act 18:27 RSVA And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him, and wrote to the disciples to receive him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed,

Php 1:29 NRSVue For he has graciously granted you the privilege not only of believing in Christ but of suffering for him as well,

Rom 12:3 NRSVue For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. *The "each" to whom faith was assigned or given, are the "brothers" or "brethren" who Paul is writing to, v1. Not all men have faith, 2 Thess. 3:2

2Pe 1:3 NRSVue His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and excellence.

Eph 2:8 NRSVue For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God
John Wesley on this verse: "By grace ye are saved through faith - Grace, without any respect to human worthiness, confers the glorious gift. Faith, with an empty hand, and without any pretence to personal desert, receives the heavenly blessing. And this is not of yourselves - This refers to the whole preceding clause, That ye are saved through faith, is the gift of God."

Last edited: