The Biblical Faith Requires Authoritative Creeds

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." (Rev 17:8 KJV)

Rather than saying that some names were, and some names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, as though this would support Calvinistic determinism, "written", being in the Perfect Tense, indicates that the distinction being made here is that some names do, and some names do not remain written in the book of life.

The idea here is that when God created the world, He wrote a book with the names of all the living, and some of those names get blotted out.

Is this idea found in Scripture? Yes.

Exodus 32:32-33 KJV
32) Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
33) And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your exegesis of Acts 13:48 is pure nonsense. Foreknowledge is not in this context at all.

Consider...

Those who are 'IN CHRIST"< are "Predestined to be conformed into the Image of Christ"., is the verse.

That is not..>"Those who are predestined to be chosen to be saved"., as Calvin rewrites it.

God does not predestine some for Heaven, and others for Hell.
The Only LIMITS that God puts on the Cross is/are..>"All that Believe"...

The thing is...., the deceived Calvinist, does not realize that Calvinism's "pre-chosen" does not choose your entire family all the way back to the Pilgrims, and the Cavemen, @Arthur81

Deceived Calvinists, dont comprehend that Calvin's demonic pre-chosen theology, has the "other side", which is...even worse.

Notice... If some are pre-chosen for Heaven, then the others are pre-chosen for HELL, and that means some of YOUR FAMILY..
See that?
So, in that case, as Calvin teaches.....which of your family, or children....did God pre-chose for HELL, before they were born?
Did you ever think that one all the way through @Arthur81?.. as that is what You are teaching regarding your OWN Family when you take a devoted stand for John Calvinism.

Understand?
And of course if you try to fake it and say..>"well, ALL of my family are "pre-destined elect" then of course you're just lying to yourself, as Calvinism does not pre-choose FAMILIES......

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who is that is believing? Those who received the GIFT of faith, of believing.

No verse in a bible says that there is a "gift of faith for believing".
That just the invention of Calvinism-Tulip.

Lets listen to Paul, instead.

Romans 12:3

""""" according as God hath dealt.... to every man....THE. = measure of faith."""

See that ?

Every person has that measure of Faith, and that is why everyone BELIEVES in something....

Here are some examples of the measure of faith given to EVERYONE.....

1.) Atheists BELIEVE that God does not exit.

2.) Evolutionists believe in the "theory of evolution".

3.) Politically corrected and deceived Christians, believe that "Gays are born this way".

4.) Islamic fanatics, believe that Muhammed flew to Heaven on a white horse.

5.) Catholics believe that Mary flew to heaven, also. (Assumption of Mary)

See all that BELIEVING @Arthur81 ?, = "every person has the measure of Faith".... Paul teaches.

So, what God wants is for us to take our FAITH and place it in CHRIST ALONE, and then = "our faith is counted by God as (Christ's) righteousness", on our behalf, for eternity.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A God you can't see, sent a JEWISH Virgin born Son you've never seen, to be nailed to a tree,...... to bleed and die, for "sin",..... which The God you've never seen said was separating you from Him,= because of Adam, whom you've never seen, caused the fall of us all into sin.

C'mon Randy

ALL THAT... is exactly the TRUTH, but is not intellectual truth, its not human- rational truth, and that it is very unusual is to say the least.

That God the Creator, can't be connected to a HUMAN, without blood and death and OUR Faith. is a "say what".. when the intellect tries to figure it out.

Even the fact that "sin" exists....... having to understand that we have to understand that.. .and that God requires BLOOD to purge sin...

ALL of this, is not found as rational thought or intellectual content, because All of this has to do with Spiritual Realm, yet its grounded in the Physical-Natural realm.. that is regarding the Human Race.

Its MYSTICAL, is what it is, and that is beyond Human IQ, because that is GOD STUFF, and we are just humans with a bit of knowledge, at best.

Even God knows all this is going to be foolish to the intellectual and rational and LOGICAL thought process.

Notice......"It pleased God by the FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING, to save those who BELIEVE".

And so, You have to BELIEVE IT by FAITH, and FAITH is not "how to figure it out, logically".

A 2000 Yr old DEAD JEW, shed His blood and died, so that you can go to Heaven.

Once again, this is not related to the intellectual realm, or Logical Thought Process.
I don't believe that "Faith" equals blind trust in God saying "just believe me." It is the power that is resident within God's word that we detect by faith, giving us trust in the things that He says that are consistent with who we perceive His power to represent.

That was a mouthful. Kierkegaard said things like you're saying, but I think the end of his philosophy was Existentialism, which in my view leads to "anything goes if it feels right."

Other than that I get your point. Many things are taken on faith though we don't immediately experience them. But I do think there is a chain of solid links between the many facts of general knowledge and what we've experienced in God.

Faith, to me, is proven by experience, and not just blind intellectual acceptance. It is a spark of God's light within us that is naturally attracted to the Source of that light.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want a creed?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Creed" is from the Latin credo, "I believe"; so don't let anyone mislead you with the pious sounding "No Creed but the Bible"! A creed is a " system of belief", and the Bible is not written in systematic form as a systematic theology textbook, so "No Creed but the Bible" is somewhat contradictory in itself. Every man has a creed, self-consistent or not, and it is whether he will confess it or not. The Campbellite Church of Christ claims no creed, but they are hardcore Arminian and teach there is NO salvation without water baptism. Some of the independent, fundamentalist Baptists say no creed but the Bible, yet recommend a particular dispensationalist study Bible. Everyone has a creed, but is it a creed or confession of faith based solidly on orderly statements of Scripture. Merriam-Webster defines it "faith, 3 especially: a system of religious beliefs", in other words a confession of faith or creed. Of course some will quibble over wording that does not effect the main teaching of the creed, or going off on a tangent over the various editions of a creed. You'll always have nitpickers.

(Jud 1:3 NRSVue) "Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once and for all handed on to the saints." *What is "the faith" but the confession of faith handed on. Note, "saints" plural are to contend, it is not an individual's faith, but that given to the saints.

Eph 4:11-14 NRSVue He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; *Pastors and teachers build up "body of Christ" believers, to "the unity of the faith" to protect against every wind of doctrine by tricksters! What is the unity of the faith, but a confession of faith?

In the apostolic age, the immediate, in person teaching of the Apostles themselves was the confession, "the unity of the faith", which was authenticated by miracles. Paul warned of those teaching a gospel contrary to what he had delivered. He commended those maintaining the traditions, 1 Cor. 11:2; stand fast and hold to the traditions taught, 2 Thess. 2:15, etc. Some examples of "confession" used in a way of a confession of faith:

"Through the testing of this ministry you glorify God by your obedience to the confession of the gospel of Christ and by the generosity of your sharing with them and with all others," (2Cor 9:13 NRSV)

"Therefore, holy brethren, who share in a heavenly call, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession." (Heb 3:1 RSV)

"Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you" (1Tim 6:12-13 NRSV)

In Jude 3 it was clear the faith once for all delivered, was to the "saints" plural. Paul warned about splitting up the faith into factions led by individuals, 1 Cor. 4:6. Individuals by name are said to have wrecked their faith: Hymenaeus and Alexander in 1 Tim. 1:19; and Philetus in 2 Tim. 2:17-18 where false eschatology is listed as undermining the faith.

Gal 1:23 NRSVue they only heard it said, “The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming the faith he once tried to destroy.”

1Ti 4:1-2 NRSVue Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will renounce the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.

1Ti 6:20-21 NRSVue Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the profane chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge; 21 by professing it some have missed the mark as regards the faith. Grace be with you.

2Ti 3:8 NRSVue As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these people, of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith, also oppose the truth.

Tit 1:10-14 NRSVue There are also many rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision; 11 they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for sordid gain what it is not right to teach. 12 It was one of them, their very own prophet, who said, “Cretans are always liars, vicious brutes, lazy gluttons.” 13 That testimony is true. For this reason rebuke them sharply, so that they may become sound in the faith, 14 not paying attention to Jewish myths or to commandments of those who reject the truth.

The very purpose of the creeds was to formulate and declare true biblical doctrine, the faith, to provide defense against heresies.

The Council of Nicea in 325 was called to bring unity to the faith in the Roman Empire, which faith was being attacked by the heretic Arius, and his teaching that the Son of God was a created being. The Nicene usually used today is the 381 version.
And we have as many creeds as ants in an anthill today! TRhe Apostles had no creed but the teaching of Jesus.

While I value the belief systems I adhere to as being the most so9und biblically, I seek to verify all these systematic studies in the council of Scripture before I will accept them.

Reactions: Spyder

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't believe that "Faith" equals blind trust in God saying "just believe me." It is the power that is resident within God's word that we detect by faith,

And, when there was no bible, do you believe that there were no "residents within God's word that we detect by faith"

Notice that when Peter preached to the 3000 Jews in Acts 2, there was no NT, no Paul, no NT "theology"

I wonder how God managed to save them, if what you say is true.

giving us trust in the things that He says that are consistent with who we perceive His power to represent.

God does not give you trust., unless you are chosen to receive a spiritual "Gift of Faith", and that is not given so that you can initially blieve in Jesus.. .Its give to a BELIEVER Born again...., for some ministry purpose.
What God gives you is : Grace.
Trust is "on you" as you are the Believer, or you are the unbeliever.
God does not control that, as if He did, then He could not blame or hold accountable people who die as Christ Rejectors, nor could He Credit believers for having Faith.

Calvinism, is a lie from hell., and that is why its one of the Devil's finest creations ever created though a demon possess idiot.

That was a mouthful. Kierkegaard said things like you're saying, but I think the end of his philosophy was Existentialism, which in my view leads to "anything goes if it feels right."

Do you live to do what you want? Of course you do.
Free Will is allowing all those choices you make.

Satan's one law, is "do as tho wilt, shall be the whole of the Law".

As for me, i present my body as a living sacrifice to Father God, very often, and i think about it, all the time.

Other than that I get your point. Many things are taken on faith though we don't immediately experience them.links between the many facts of general knowledge and what we've experienced in God.

Recently i had a beautiful experience of God's presence, unique, right after i finished a bio on St. Bernadette.
I was deeply touched by God's Grace, and i went outside and a Dove was there... looking at me.
Coincidence?
If so, it was a really nice one, and i'd like to have it again today.

I teach Pauline Theology, so that bible students can understand it, and for the the benefit of those who dont study Paul, and should.
(Calvinists), (Catholics) (Mormons) (JW's), (most others).... need Paul's doctrine instead.

Faith, to me, is proven by experience,

That's your walk of faith....

Your initial faith was to Believe that Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, and you didnt see Him do it... so you had to have FAITH that He did, and that Faith is not God causing it.....as God is not looking for His Faith, He doesn't need it..
He is looking for YOUR FAITH, so that its "counted by God"....on your behalf as "Righteousness".

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are the various ways the NT Greek tasso has been translated in Acts 13:48. However one reads the lexicons, the translators are who decide the best way to put tasso into English, and here are ways they translate:

UK Versions

"as many as were ordained to eternal life" King James Version 1611/1769
"all who were pre-destined to the Life of the Ages" Weymouth NT 1912
"those who were marked out for eternal life" Revised English Bible 1989

USA Versions
"as many as were appointed to life age-during" Young's Literal Translation 1898
"as many as were appointed to eternal life" Literal Translation, Green 1985
" as were destined (appointed and ordained) to eternal life believed" Amplified Bible 1987
"those who had been chosen for eternal life became believers" Good News Translation 2001
"all who were chosen for eternal life" New Living Translation 2015
"all who had been appointed for eternal life" Net Bible 2017
"as many as had been destined for eternal life" New Revised Standard Version, Updated Ed 2021

That last translation, the NRSVue, is an academic translation, Christian theology having no bearing on how to translate the word tasso. The final word on how a word is translated is how did the Apostles use the word. The word is used only 8 times, and 1 Cor. 16:15 is the only one where it is the act of the individual themselves.

Mat 28:16 NRSVue Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them.

Luk 7:8 NRSVue For I also am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me, and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and the slave does it.”

Act 13:48 NRSVue When the gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the word of the Lord, and as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers.

Act 15:2 NRSVue And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to discuss this question with the apostles and the elders.

Act 22:10 NRSVue I asked, ‘What am I to do, Lord?’ The Lord said to me, ‘Get up and go to Damascus; there you will be told everything that has been assigned to you to do.’

Act 28:23 NRSVue After they had set a day to meet with him, they came to him at his lodgings in great numbers. From morning until evening he explained the matter to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the law of Moses and from the prophets.

Rom 13:1 NRSVue Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

1Co 16:15 NRSVue Now, brothers and sisters, you know that members of the household of Stephanas were the first fruits in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the saints;

The Good News Bible, closer to a paraphrase, renders the verse thus:

Act 13:48 GNB When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the Lord's message; and those who had been chosen for eternal life became believers.

YOU MUST KNOW WHAT AN INDIVIDUAL VERSE STATES BEFORE PUTTING IT INTO A SYSTEM OF PROOF TEXTS!

Last edited:

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. Stupid mistake! I'm not having a good day! Sorry! I mixed it with reflexive/middle voice!

Much love!
Marks, I can truly identify with what you are saying. Almost every post I make, I look later and think to myself, "Certainly I did not write that!"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Act 13:48 GNB When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the Lord's message; and those who had been chosen for eternal life became believers.

Do you dream about John Calvin ?
As He seems to be on your mind all the time, according to your posts @Arthur81 .

Maybe one day you can post about JESUS, (How about a THREAD).... instead of about Calvin, or how Calvin tries to deny the cross of Christ, etc. (TULIP).

Calvin : Creates Calvinist's just like you, @Arthur81 ,who have to talk about Calvinism, compulsively.....

Now....Notice these verses..

2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,>> not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.<<<<

1 Timothy 4:10 – For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, specially of those that believe.

1 Timothy 2:3-4 – 3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 who will have ALL people to be SAVED = , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you dream about John Calvin ?
As He seems to be on your mind all the time, according to your posts @Arthur81 .

Maybe one day you can post about JESUS, (How about a THREAD).... instead of about Calvin, or how Calvin tries to deny the cross of Christ, etc. (TULIP).

Calvin : Creates Calvinist's just like you, @Arthur81 ,who have to talk about Calvinism, compulsively.....

Now....Notice these verses..

2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,>> not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.<<<<

1 Timothy 4:10 – For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, specially of those that believe.

1 Timothy 2:3-4 – 3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 who will have ALL people to be SAVED = , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
I do not see Calvin's name in Acts 13:48, a text given to Luke by revelation of the Holy Spirit!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not see Calvin's name in Acts 13:48, a text given to Luke by revelation of the Holy Spirit!

I just gave you 3 verses that refute your "calvinised" verse.

See, You are only teaching the verse as Calvin teaches it., because Calvin owns your theological mind.

Listen.

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
Paul is not a Calvinist
The NT does not teach Calvinism

God makes : Christians

Calvin : deceives them, and has them ALL selling his demonic theology.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No verse in a bible says that there is a "gift of faith for believing".
That just the invention of Calvinism-Tulip.

Lets listen to Paul, instead.

Romans 12:3

""""" according as God hath dealt.... to every man....THE. = measure of faith."""

See that ?

Every person has that measure of Faith, and that is why everyone BELIEVES in something....

Here are some examples of the measure of faith given to EVERYONE.....

1.) Atheists BELIEVE that God does not exit.

2.) Evolutionists believe in the "theory of evolution".

3.) Politically corrected and deceived Christians, believe that "Gays are born this way".

4.) Islamic fanatics, believe that Muhammed flew to Heaven on a white horse.

5.) Catholics believe that Mary flew to heaven, also. (Assumption of Mary)

See all that BELIEVING @Arthur81 ?, = "every person has the measure of Faith".... Paul teaches.

So, what God wants is for us to take our FAITH and place it in CHRIST ALONE, and then = "our faith is counted by God as (Christ's) righteousness", on our behalf, for eternity.
Rom 12:3 NRSVue "For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned."
compare
2Th 3:2 NRSVue "...and that we may be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not all have faith."

Who are the "each" in Rom. 12:3?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your initial faith was to Believe that Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, and you didnt see Him do it... so you had to have FAITH that He did, and that Faith is not God causing it.....as God is not looking for His Faith, He doesn't need it..
He is looking for YOUR FAITH, so that its "counted by God"....on your behalf as "Righteousness".
You seem to be promoting Salvation by the Intellect of Man--just not the Intellectual type. "Faith" is indeed a response of Man to God, but it is not the intellectual aspect alone that gives it merit. It is not the anti-intellectual aspect of Faith that gives it merit.

It is when we choose to believe God's word that gives us access to this word so as to obey it. When we choose to agree with God and to comply with Him, then we have meritorious faith--not pure intellectual assent to things we don't understand.

We have very different interpretations of "Faith." We both agree it is to be a *human response.* We both agree that it can produce "righteousness." What we don't agree on is that Faith is "anti-intellectual" in nature and that it is this "anti-intellectual" element that gives it "righteousness."

I can believe in lots of things that don't make sense, and that doesn't give me righteousness. It is only when I put my faith in something that I understand that gives my Faith credibility--otherwise I'm a lunatic.

When I choose something that makes sense and also comes from Divine revelation then I'm putting my faith in something sensible. Even better, I'm responding to God's revelation, which is superior to worldly revelation.

That gives it righteousness. It indicates I'm willing to submit to a higher revelation than anything I wish to believe in with just my own human vision. It is casting aside our own ways for God's ways that gives our choice to believe righteousness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You seem to be promoting Salvation by the Intellect of Man-

Listen,

The natural mind (mind of the Flesh//Carnal mind)... cannot understand the things of God, because "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and it can only be accessed by FAITH and discernment.

Listen,

"the word of God is spiritually discerned" not read like a dictionary."

"He that is spiritual, discerneth all things"..

Paul Teaches,

1 Corinthians 2:14​

14 :::: But the natural man (the carnal mind, the mind of logic and normal reasoning receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are = spiritually discerned.""""​

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Kluth

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of many who claim to believe things stated in "creeds" and "statement of faith" pages of denominations - until I ask them "why?"

They get a blank look in their faces and provide responses along the line of "I have to take it on faith." The next question is "faith in what?"

At this point, I see them get frustrated. They have to admit their faith in in man and not in God.

I have a creed. It is given to me by God after years of study and prayers for truth while waiting for Father to give me the confirmation. I trust no human's opinion or view without proof and God. That being said, I enjoy the view of others and a scripture study group is a blessing for me - until the attacks start.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen,

The natural mind (mind of the Flesh//Carnal mind)... cannot understand the things of God, because "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and it can only be accessed by FAITH and discernment.

Listen,

"the word of God is spiritually discerned" not read like a dictionary."

"He that is spiritual, discerneth all things"..

Paul Teaches,

1 Corinthians 2:14​

14 :::: But the natural man (the carnal mind, the mind of logic and normal reasoning receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are = spiritually discerned.""""​

I agree. Even rational things are rejected by the "Natural Mind." We, who are spiritual, accept rational proposals from God that are spiritual.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Creed" is from the Latin credo, "I believe"; so don't let anyone mislead you with the pious sounding "No Creed but the Bible"! A creed is a " system of belief", and the Bible is not written in systematic form as a systematic theology textbook, so "No Creed but the Bible" is somewhat contradictory in itself. Every man has a creed, self-consistent or not, and it is whether he will confess it or not. The Campbellite Church of Christ claims no creed, but they are hardcore Arminian and teach there is NO salvation without water baptism. Some of the independent, fundamentalist Baptists say no creed but the Bible, yet recommend a particular dispensationalist study Bible. Everyone has a creed, but is it a creed or confession of faith based solidly on orderly statements of Scripture. Merriam-Webster defines it "faith, 3 especially: a system of religious beliefs", in other words a confession of faith or creed. Of course some will quibble over wording that does not effect the main teaching of the creed, or going off on a tangent over the various editions of a creed. You'll always have nitpickers.

(Jud 1:3 NRSVue) "Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once and for all handed on to the saints." *What is "the faith" but the confession of faith handed on. Note, "saints" plural are to contend, it is not an individual's faith, but that given to the saints.

Eph 4:11-14 NRSVue He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; *Pastors and teachers build up "body of Christ" believers, to "the unity of the faith" to protect against every wind of doctrine by tricksters! What is the unity of the faith, but a confession of faith?

In the apostolic age, the immediate, in person teaching of the Apostles themselves was the confession, "the unity of the faith", which was authenticated by miracles. Paul warned of those teaching a gospel contrary to what he had delivered. He commended those maintaining the traditions, 1 Cor. 11:2; stand fast and hold to the traditions taught, 2 Thess. 2:15, etc. Some examples of "confession" used in a way of a confession of faith:

"Through the testing of this ministry you glorify God by your obedience to the confession of the gospel of Christ and by the generosity of your sharing with them and with all others," (2Cor 9:13 NRSV)

"Therefore, holy brethren, who share in a heavenly call, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession." (Heb 3:1 RSV)

"Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you" (1Tim 6:12-13 NRSV)

In Jude 3 it was clear the faith once for all delivered, was to the "saints" plural. Paul warned about splitting up the faith into factions led by individuals, 1 Cor. 4:6. Individuals by name are said to have wrecked their faith: Hymenaeus and Alexander in 1 Tim. 1:19; and Philetus in 2 Tim. 2:17-18 where false eschatology is listed as undermining the faith.

Gal 1:23 NRSVue they only heard it said, “The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming the faith he once tried to destroy.”

1Ti 4:1-2 NRSVue Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will renounce the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.

1Ti 6:20-21 NRSVue Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the profane chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge; 21 by professing it some have missed the mark as regards the faith. Grace be with you.

2Ti 3:8 NRSVue As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these people, of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith, also oppose the truth.

Tit 1:10-14 NRSVue There are also many rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision; 11 they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for sordid gain what it is not right to teach. 12 It was one of them, their very own prophet, who said, “Cretans are always liars, vicious brutes, lazy gluttons.” 13 That testimony is true. For this reason rebuke them sharply, so that they may become sound in the faith, 14 not paying attention to Jewish myths or to commandments of those who reject the truth.

The very purpose of the creeds was to formulate and declare true biblical doctrine, the faith, to provide defense against heresies.

The Council of Nicea in 325 was called to bring unity to the faith in the Roman Empire, which faith was being attacked by the heretic Arius, and his teaching that the Son of God was a created being. The Nicene usually used today is the 381 version.
It doesn't seem to me that we need to add anything to, or rearrange, the Bible.

Reactions: Spyder