The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
.2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Yes, because Christ is the END of the LAW = for Righteousness....

For whom ??

"For EVERYONE who BELIEVETH"............. as they are BORN AGAIN...... and have been "made righteous"...having received...."the GIFT of Righteousness".

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barn, tell him if he wants to stay with the eastern teaching style of present tense, but read it with a western mindset, that's up to him. But then Paul would have been over 1300 years old to have been alive before and after the law was given on Mt. Sinai.o_O

9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

Now keep reading...2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

There we have a past tense after a present tense. It is a bad practice to look at western tenses instead of context. Is Paul STILL the chief of sinners? NO! He is dead to sin just like I am.
We have similar but different views on holiness. I find it interesting. Paradox truly fascinates me.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We have similar but different views on holiness..

There is no holiness down here.
There are only lost sinners, hell bound, until they are born again as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

"holiness" comes from ABOVE. Its comes from God. And its given to you, as "the gift of righteousness", if you give God your faith.
If you will, then the Cross delivers you, from your sin, like this...

"Jesus became sin".......that means yours......and you become "the righteousness of God, in Christ", because God has given you, "the gift of righteousness".

You can't earn that by deeds, or enduring, or abiding, or anything else you can try.
Why?
Because you are a SINNER, and so, whatever you try to do, you are always that, while you are trying to do it.

So, there is NO righteousness found in you, until God gives you His...and then you have HIS< which is not YOUR OWN.

This is "The gift of Salvation", = "born again".

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no holiness down here.
There are only lost sinners, hell bound, until they are born again as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

"holiness" comes from ABOVE. Its comes from God. And its given to you, as "the gift of righteousness", if you give God your faith.
If you will, then the Cross delivers you, from your sin, like this...

"Jesus became sin".......that means yours......and you become "the righteousness of God, in Christ", because God has given you, "the gift of righteousness".

You can't earn that by deeds, or enduring, or abiding, or anything else you can try.
Why?
Because you are a SINNER, and so, whatever you try to do, you are always that, while you are trying to do it.

So, there is NO righteousness found in you, until God gives you His...and then you have HIS< which is not YOUR OWN.

This is "The gift of Salvation", = "born again".
Thank you. I think for the most part you're preaching to the choir here. :)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because Christ is the END of the LAW = for Righteousness....

For whom ??

"For EVERYONE who BELIEVETH"............. as they are BORN AGAIN...... and have been "made righteous"...having received...."the GIFT of Righteousness".
And then what happens, Behold?

Do those who have received said righteousness go forth never to break a single Commandment again as long as they live? What happens in that regard?

Is there no such thing as sin anymore for those folks or are they magically made incapable of breaking a single law from that point forth?

What is your belief/teaching on that aspect?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you. I think for the most part you're preaching to the choir here. :)

God became one of us to die for all of us.
From the Cross, God manifested as a man said..>"it is finished".

What is the "it"?
This.. = """"But this man , after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God."""

Why did Christ sit down?
Its because what God requires to save us, was completed by God on the Cross.

So, why is it, that if what God requires to get us into heaven, has been "finished" by Jesus...= why is it that 90% of "christians" will argue till the blood comes out of their eyes that they must "repent, confess, endure, abide, keep commandments...etc" to stay saved or to be saved.....????

Is it because they are not saved?
Is it because they do not understand the CROSS?
Is it because a cult has taken their mind and ruined their faith.?

A.) All of this, and more....as its all a symptom of deception which manifests as lack of faith, twisted faith, broken faith, or simply the devil preaching his gospel through them, as he has :
""""blinded their minds"""

What is the Devil's Gospel?
Its the gospel of water + works.

What works? "abiding, commandment keeping, law keeping, confirmation into a false church, penance, .....etc, etc, just add your on Do'ism, to the list of "what i must do now".......that proves faith is lost, broken, or was never there to begin with.......reader.

Dont be that one.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What works? "abiding, commandment keeping, law keeping,
All this propaganda yet you believe in "keeping" NINE of the 10 Commandments.

Are you a bona fide hypocrite?

Just a sincere question.

ETA: The Holy Spirit of Christ does the work, not us.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why is it, that if what God requires to get us into heaven, has been "finished" by Jesus...= why is it that 90% of "christians" will argue till the blood comes out of their eyes that they must "repent, confess, endure, abide, keep commandments...etc" to stay saved or to be saved.....????
The Bible refers to Christians who return to their sins as Dogs who return to their vomit and Pigs that return to their wallowing in the mud after being washed.

John 15:2 & John 15:6 prove that Christians aren't made perfect for heaven simply by baptism and belief.

Paul preached the same. Philippians 3:11-14

We've all seen our brethren committing sins. 1 John 5:16

Those who have their names removed from the Book of Life have lost their salvation.
Deuteronomy 9:14
Revelation 3:5

Do you ever use scripture to tell your stories?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God became one of us to die for all of us.
From the Cross, God manifested as a man said..>"it is finished".

What is the "it"?
This.. = """"But this man , after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God."""

Why did Christ sit down?
Its because what God requires to save us, was completed by God on the Cross.

Is it because they are not saved?
Is it because they do not understand the CROSS?
Is it because a cult has taken their mind and ruined their faith.?

A.) All of this, and more....as its all a symptom of deception which manifests as lack of faith, twisted faith, broken faith, or simply the devil preaching his gospel through them, as he has :
""""blinded their minds"""

What works? "abiding, commandment keeping, law keeping, confirmation into a false church, penance, .....etc, etc, just add your on Do'ism, to the list of "what i must do now".......that proves faith is lost, broken, or was never there to begin with.......reader.

Dont be that one.
Baloney, Behold.

Read the whole Bible instead of just the parts that can be interpreted to appear to support your ravings.

One day you will see that you do not have a monopoly on spiritual discernment.

I pray that day doesn't come too late. I love your soul but your pontificating practically bores me stiff.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tumblr_inline_mzzogm5Ku61rup8k6.gif

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All this propaganda yet you believe in "keeping" NINE of the 10 Commandments.

Are you a bona fide hypocrite?

Are you a bona fide liar?

Show me a sentence in 200 Threads that ive written on this Forum, or 5000 posts, that have ever said anything about me "keeping commandments", with regards to being born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Baloney, Behold.

Read the whole Bible instead of just the parts that can be interpreted to appear to support your ravings.

The devil does not like it when i give all Credit to Christ for Salvation.
And neither do you.

So, with that in mind..
I'll rave about the Cross.
Today, tomorrow, and always., as that is the Gospel of the Grace of God.

You can continue to do what you do., Barnyfife, which opposes it and we'll know soon enough if your gospel of working your way into heaven, by self effort, got you there.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible refers to Christians who return to their sins as Dogs who return to their vomit and Pigs that return to their wallowing in the mud after being washed.

You would pretend that you have not sinned since you have been saved?
If so, then you have committed the offense you are posting.

And you will say.."yes, but i repented, and confessed".

A.) yawn

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil does not like it when i give all Credit to Christ for Salvation.
And neither do you.

So, with that in mind..
I'll rave about the Cross.
Today, tomorrow, and always., as that is the Gospel of the Grace of God.

You can continue to do what you do., Barnyfife, which opposes it and we'll know soon enough if your gospel of working your way into heaven, by self effort, got you there.
Well at least you edited out the name-calling ("MR. LEGALIST").

How could someone possibly work their way into Heaven? Legalism is a mathematical absurdity (think about it--maybe it'll come to you). If you're on a mobile device you can turn it sideways to see my signature.

I guess it wouldn't really matter to you that you're bearing false witness against me, since being honest about what I post would evidently amount to denying the Gospel and trying to work your way into Heaven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I guess it wouldn't really matter to you that you're bearing false witness against me, .

I use your words to define you.
Just like God does, fella.

So....Lets find out if you are a Legalist, like this.

All legalists believe they can lose their salvation...which proves they do not trust in Christ to keep them Saved, which proves they have no real faith in Christ.
See it?
Its very CLEAR, isnt it?
So, who are they trusting in, ... in that case, to get them to heaven. ???

Now.... Do you believe you can lose your salvation, Barnyfife?

If not, then answer this........ "Jesus, who saved me, keeps me saved, no matter what, because...."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can't wait to watch me burn, can you, you hateful hypocrite.

I would never want anyone to burn in the lake of fire.
Not you, not anyone.

But you have to understand something.
Its this.
Galatians 1:8.
Listen....The person who wrote that, wrote most of the New Testament and he gave us the Gospel of the Grace of God that is "the preaching of the Cross'.
And Paul, in that verse said something very interesting.
He said, that he would have it, that if an angel or a born again christian, or a religious fakir, preached any offensive Cross denying False Gospel, such as "self saving" or "the gospel of works"..or the "gospel of commandment keeping and abiding".. or the "gospel of enduring to the end"........that this person doing this, Paul said he would have it that they were CURSED of God.
See that?
Take a good long look at that verse., BarnyFife.

So..You are still angry because i wont stop giving Christ all the credit due Him alone, for Salvation., and i wont let you have any of the credit for yourself.
That's on you, not on me.

Also.....There are no Christ rejectors in heaven, and there are no born again in Hell.

So, if you are born again, you can't "Burn".....
Are you born again ??, or are you just water baptized and religious, faking being a Christian??
Then that is the final answer, Barnyfife.
God knows your heart and your belief, and i know your words.

Welcome to Salvation.
Its only Christ on the Cross.
Its different than you thought, isn't it. ?

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use your words to define you.
Just like God does, fella.

So....Lets find out if you are a Legalist, like this.

All legalists believe they can lose their salvation...which proves they do not trust in Christ to keep them Saved, which proves they have no real faith in Christ.
See it?
Its very CLEAR, isnt it?
So, who are they trusting in, ... in that case, to get them to heaven. ???

Now.... Do you believe you can lose your salvation, Barnyfife?

If not, then answer this........ "Jesus, who saved me, keeps me saved, no matter what, because...."
This is like saying that if every vibrant leaf is green, then everything that's green must be a vibrant leaf. Brilliant.

Why don't you take your stupid little quiz and feed it to some other Grasshopper, Kung Fu Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.