remnant of her seed (Rev 12:17}

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To cool, never thought about Numbers at all thank you and what you say makes sense.. for me since it is only used regarding Eve in scriptures it was maybe Eve who then became clean? I will have to ponder what you wrote thanks.
I’ve been thinking about Eve in regards to numbers 5. To me as a mother of two daughters there is no way this “saved through childbearing” is what he meant in “preserved”. My sister never had children through “childbearing” yet she has an adopted son. But if we go back to numbers 5 and see the two women where they drink of the bitter water and it goes in…the adulterous woman thigh rots and her belly swells. Pause here —and consider the passage where Paul speaks of their coming together: not for the better but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:27-29 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

But in Numbers 5 and in Roman’s there is the woman who is “clean” “free” and ——brings forth fruit. Said many ways “brings forth seed” “brings forth Life” “bears fruit” “brings forth children” ..”he is not ashamed to call them brothers” .. all from Numbers and Romans which is good news (Imo) “by the body of Christ” you have been made free from “not able to continue because of infirmities” the motion of sin unto death …the good news is “by the body of Christ” “given Liberty” “to bring forth Life” to “bear children” unto God. From Roman’s it says there was a time when all you brought forth was death but being made free —bring forth fruit unto God. From numbers the woman who is free “clean” brings forth her seed… to me it’s this “woman (above)who is free” that is the one spoken of in Timothy that is preserved by “childbearing” as Romans also speaks of “Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

“That you should bring forth fruit unto God.” <isn’t this how the woman is saved through childbearing? he who loves his life will lose it, he who loses his life will preserve it.

1 Timothy 2:13 Lexicon: For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

1 Timothy 2:14 Lexicon: And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

1 Timothy 2:15 Lexicon: But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking about Eve in regards to numbers 5. To me as a mother of two daughters there is no way this “saved through childbearing” is what he meant in “preserved”. My sister never had children through “childbearing” yet she has an adopted son. But if we go back to numbers 5 and see the two women where they drink of the bitter water and it goes in…the adulterous woman thigh rots and her belly swells. Pause here —and consider the passage where Paul speaks of their coming together: not for the better but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:27-29 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

But in Numbers 5 and in Roman’s there is the woman who is “clean” “free” and ——brings forth fruit. Said many ways “brings forth seed” “brings forth Life” “bears fruit” “brings forth children” ..”he is not ashamed to call them brothers” .. all from Numbers and Romans which is good news (Imo) “by the body of Christ” you have been made free from “not able to continue because of infirmities” the motion of sin unto death …the good news is “by the body of Christ” “given Liberty” “to bring forth Life” to “bear children” unto God. From Roman’s it says there was a time when all you brought forth was death but being made free —bring forth fruit unto God. From numbers the woman who is free “clean” brings forth her seed… to me it’s this “woman (above)who is free” that is the one spoken of in Timothy that is preserved by “childbearing” as Romans also speaks of “Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

“That you should bring forth fruit unto God.” <isn’t this how the woman is saved through childbearing? he who loves his life will lose it, he who loses his life will preserve it.

1 Timothy 2:13 Lexicon: For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

1 Timothy 2:14 Lexicon: And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

1 Timothy 2:15 Lexicon: But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
Just more to ponder, haha thanks for your input, have had some different directions for sure to look at.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it is this small group that the dragon comes to battle against. Paul, remember-- when he 'made war' with the remnant, -Paul was on the side of the law and the remnant he battled against were those who had been made free from it. Steven's testimony couldn't be more clear. Yet folks ignore it.
Personally, I don’t think Paul would disagree with you that he “made war” with the remnant and was on “the side of the law” and the remnant he battles against were those who had been made free from it. Personally, I don’t think Paul ignored this. There is something very beautiful there in he who “made war” against the remnant, became a part of the remnant he once “made war” against.

Still what you brought up concerning Genesis 16 I can’t stop think about the handmaiden who the angel of the a Lord met telling her …I’ve heard your affliction and then sending her back to submit under the hands of her mistress. ‘And Jesus called them to him and said to them, "You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. [43] But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, [44] and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. [45] For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."’ Mark 10:42-45

It sounds familiar even in honor those who have charge over you after the flesh. The evil and the good. And how so many verses speak of as helpers and not Lords over God’s heritage.

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Here is why your discussion seems right to yourselves and yet is just itching one anothers ears and backs..

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The remnant do as the example above from verse 5 onwards, make full proof of their ministry, enduring afflictions, the work of an evangelist, and do not at all follow lusts of men to turn to fables, and ignore and away from sound doctrine. ( but The forums are impossible o be cmore clear, they do turn away to false teachers.)..

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.