Queen of heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

St. Gregory the great says: Mary is above the angels, hence their queen, the angel is addressing his queen and mistress!

St. Jerome tells us "We should realize that Mary means Lady in the Syrian language."

St. Peter Chrysologus says "The Hebrew name ‘Mary’ means ‘Domina’ [Lady] in Latin. The Angel therefore calls her Lady so that the Mother of the Lord, whom the authority of her Son made and caused to be born and to be called the Lady, might be without servile fear."

St. Ephrem has Mary saying: "Let Heaven sustain me in its embrace, because I am honored above it. For heaven was not Thy mother, but Thou hast made it Thy throne. How much more honorable and venerable than the throne of a king is his mother."

St. Gregory Nazianzen calls her "the Mother of the King of the entire universe" as well as "Virgin Mother who brought forth the King of the entire world." - The Church Fathers On The Queenship Of Mary

St. John Damascene calls her: "Queen, ruler, and lady".

In the Jewish culture, a Davidic King would have his mother as Queen rather than his wife, because he rarely had one wife, but many wives. Sharing power with many wives would be much too difficult, but he had only one mother and she was given the title of Queen. Almost every time a new king is introduced in 1 and 2 Kings, the king’s mother is mentioned. She was a member of the royal court, wore a crown, sat on a throne, and shared in the king’s reign (2 Kings 24:12, 15; Jer. 13:18–20). She acted as counselor to her son (Prov. 31), an advocate of the people, and as an intercessor for the citizens of the kingdom (1 Kings 2:17–20). Since Jesus is a King based on the order of David, (Lk 1:32-33) it makes sense that His mother would be called Queen.

Psalm 45 depicts Christ as King and at his side is a Queen.

PSALM 45:9
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir

So who is this Queen? Scripture puts forth Mary as our Queen in a grandiose description found in Revelation 12. In a vision of heaven, we are shown that the Ark of the Covenant is present in the temple. Rev. 11

"Majestic and Heavenly Maid, Lady, Queen, protect and keep me under your wing lest Satan the sower of destruction glory over me, lest my wicked foe be victorious against me." St. Ephrem the Syrian (4th Century)

"the Queen of mortal man, the most holy Mother of God." Patriarch St. Modestus of Jerusalem (7th Century)

In a sermon about the death of Mary, "Today He transports from her earthly dwelling, as Queen of the human race, His ever-Virgin Mother, from whose womb He, the living God, took on human form." Archbishop St. Andrew of Crete (8th Century)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The “queen of heaven” is specifically mentioned five times in scripture; all occurrences are in the Old Testament / Hebrew Bible -> Jeremiah 7:18; Jeremiah 44:17,18,19,25.

The ”queen of heaven” in these passages isn’t an allusion to Mary by the prophet.

The OP is presenting for the consideration of readers an interpretation of scripture rather than the explicit teaching of scripture.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is heresy.
Zephaniah 1.5 and acts 7.42.
Again the traditions of man have created a mother in heaven doctrine in the LDS church and others. It came out during the suffrage movement even after Joseph Smith denied there was such a thing.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nimrod's wife, Semiramis, propagated the whole Queen of Heaven thing. She had a son, Horus. to which Semiramis and Horus were worshiped as Mother and child (sound familiar). Semiramis aka, Ishtar and Isis, was also known as Queen of Heaven. Every pagan religion has its roots at the tower of Babel to this day.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Another day on my X / Twitter feed.

“Pray to Mary for salvation, kiss every statue for salvation, exalt her as the queen of heaven for salvation.” - Sicilianuss

From a Roman Catholic perspective, controversial or not?

Since this person himself says that in his bio that he likes to be controversial, is this to be taken seriously?

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
Another day on my X / Twitter feed.

“Pray to Mary for salvation, kiss every statue for salvation, exalt her as the queen of heaven for salvation.” - Sicilianuss

From a Roman Catholic perspective, controversial or not?

Since this person himself says that in his bio that he likes to be controversial, is this to be taken seriously?

Well, it is my understanding that the official doctrine of the Catholic Church is that good Protestants will be saved.
So, praying to Mary or kissing her status or exalting her as the queen of heaven are really not mandatory for salvation in their view.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well, it is my understanding that the official doctrine of the Catholic Church is that good Protestants will be saved.
So, praying to Mary or kissing her status or exalting her as the queen of heaven are really not mandatory for salvation in their view.

The best I can do is, not so fast. It’s complicated.

I was raised Protestant (Southern Baptist). I’m married to a woman who was raised Roman Catholic. When we discussed engagement there was widespread objection from my side of the family and her side of the family. I handled my family by telling them politely but in no uncertain terms, “with or without you” and her side of the family, by agreeing to some conditions that they insisted upon. As I recall, the priest who married us had to obtain permission - a dispensation - from a Roman Catholic Bishop, we were both required to take Pre-Cana interfaith counseling classes - which was provided by the Roman Catholic Church, she had to agree to continue practicing the Roman Catholic faith and raise any children as Roman Catholics. I was not required to convert to Roman Catholicism, and didn’t.

My side of the family remained opposed but grudgingly attended our wedding in the Roman Catholic Church. Her side of the family was somewhat split - many remained rigidly opposed, others acquiesced but with some reservations; few thought it wise. After a few years both sides of the family accepted it and life proceeded ”normally”.

An Old School vs New School story is the way I would describe it.

Does the Catholic Church consider me to be saved? According to Catholic clergy whom I spoke with in those early days - maybe. (I was always gently and kindly encouraged to convert.) However, I was not allowed to take communion in the Roman Catholic Church. No communion. What does that tell you?

Reactions: amadeus

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For me it has become a moot point. I’m no longer Protestant and I was never a Roman Catholic. I’m what is known in academic circles as a “primitive Christian”.

Protestant clergy has waffled on the issue in my case, some saying “once saved, always saved” but what I currently believe is wrong = saved, and others saying “once saved, always saved” but concluding that I wasn’t ever really saved to begin with = not saved.

The Roman Catholic clergy has been more consistent on the issue in my case as the water which was muddied has cleared, saying that I’ve knowingly, willingly, and willfully turned away from the Roman Catholic Church = not saved. This fits very well with the official doctrine / teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Pray to Mary for salvation, …

I have not and will not pray to Mary for any reason.

… kiss every statue for salvation, …

I have not and will not kiss any statue of Mary.

… exalt her as the queen of heaven for salvation.”

I have not and will not exalt Mary as the queen of heaven.

Roman Catholic verdict on my obstinacy? I think post #10 has it covered, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the verdict on all who are not Roman Catholic. It may be but, as the Catholic apologist points out in post #9, it’s complicated -> How much do you know (an ignorance factor) and have you knowingly, willingly and willfully rejected the doctrine / teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.

Reactions: Cassandra

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“The pious custom of referring to the Holy Spirit as the spouse of Mary is a symbolic expression of Mary’s perpetual virginity and the virgin birth of Jesus. It is not meant in a literal manner but rather in terms of Mary’s singular devotion to God …”

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The best I can do is, not so fast. It’s complicated.

I was raised Protestant (Southern Baptist). I’m married to a woman who was raised Roman Catholic. When we discussed engagement there was widespread objection from my side of the family and her side of the family. I handled my family by telling them politely but in no uncertain terms, “with or without you” and her side of the family, by agreeing to some conditions that they insisted upon. As I recall, the priest who married us had to obtain permission - a dispensation - from a Roman Catholic Bishop, we were both required to take Pre-Cana interfaith counseling classes - which was provided by the Roman Catholic Church, she had to agree to continue practicing the Roman Catholic faith and raise any children as Roman Catholics. I was not required to convert to Roman Catholicism, and didn’t.

My side of the family remained opposed but grudgingly attended our wedding in the Roman Catholic Church. Her side of the family was somewhat split - many remained rigidly opposed, others acquiesced but with some reservations; few thought it wise. After a few years both sides of the family accepted it and life proceeded ”normally”.

An Old School vs New School story is the way I would describe it.

Does the Catholic Church consider me to be saved? According to Catholic clergy whom I spoke with in those early days - maybe. (I was always gently and kindly encouraged to convert.) However, I was not allowed to take communion in the Roman Catholic Church. No communion. What does that tell you?

I’ve been married for just over 40 years and we live now, since retiring, in the county where my wife was born and raised. The population in this area is approximately 80% Roman Catholic. Catholics and Protestants (and others) get along very well with one another.

That said, I learned something today. Through the wonder of my X / Twitter feed this morning:

”WHAT SHOULD A CHRISTIAN DO WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN A BIBLE BY A PROTESTANT OR BY AN AGENT OF THE PROTESTANTS?

A. A Christian to whom a Bible has been offered by a Protestant or an agent of the Protestants should reject it with disgust, because it is forbidden by the Church. If it was accepted by inadvertence, it must be burnt as soon as possible or handed in to the Parish Priest.”

(The Catechism of St. Pius X - On the Virtues and Vices)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A. A Christian to whom a Bible has been offered by a Protestant or an agent of the Protestants should reject it with disgust, because it is forbidden by the Church. If it was accepted by inadvertence, it must be burnt as soon as possible or handed in to the Parish Priest.”

(The Catechism of St. Pius X - On the Virtues and Vices)

However, worshiping huge plastic Mary's that sit on Golden Thrones, is "A-OK".. says the "cult of the Virgin".

-
Queen of Water.jpg

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
However, worshiping huge plastic Mary's that sit on Golden Thrones, is "A-OK".. says the "cult of the Virgin".

-
View attachment 45732

“No, this is not true. Catholics honor (or venerate) the Blessed Mother; they do not worship her. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (the official teaching of the Church) teaches that worship (or adoration) is meant for God alone.”

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
For me it has become a moot point. I’m no longer Protestant and I was never a Roman Catholic. I’m what is known in academic circles as a “primitive Christian”.

Protestant clergy has waffled on the issue in my case, some saying “once saved, always saved” but what I currently believe is wrong = saved, and others saying “once saved, always saved” but concluding that I wasn’t ever really saved to begin with = not saved.

The Roman Catholic clergy has been more consistent on the issue in my case as the water which was muddied has cleared, saying that I’ve knowingly, willingly, and willfully turned away from the Roman Catholic Church = not saved. This fits very well with the official doctrine / teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.

The Catholic Catechism ( item 846) states:
they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.

Now, what does this "knowing" really mean?
Some may think that by "preaching" or giving out a pamphlet or posting something on the web, the other person became "aware", and has no excuse now, because he/she knows.
This problem is typical of all religions who think that this life is the only opportunity to accept a given set of beliefs in order to avoid eternal hell. Who is really in the know?

To me, knowing means understanding and experiencing... and this is a matter which belongs to God and the individual soul.
Fortunately enough, we will not be saved by providing the right answers in a quiz on Theology and, according Matthew 25, we will not be judged by the church or religious group we were affiliated to.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“No, this is not true. Catholics honor (or venerate) the Blessed Mother; they do not worship her.

Take it from your Pope...

He stated...

'""""""" The Covenant with Israel was like a period of courtship, a long engagement. Then came the definitive moment, the moment of marriage, the establishment of a new and everlasting covenant. As Mary stood before the Lord, she represented the whole of humanity. In the angel’s message, it was as if God made a marriage proposal to the human race. And in our name, Mary said yes.""""
-
MaryGoddess.jpg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"""Mediatrix is a title given to Mary, mother of Jesus, by Catholics. This title refers to the intecessory role of the Virgin Mary as a MEDIATOR in the Salvific Redemption... (the saving of human beings from sin and its consequences)...by her Son Jesus, and that HE bestows graces through her"..
-
Cult of Mary_.jpg

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Take it from your Pope...

He stated...

'""""""" The Covenant with Israel was like a period of courtship, a long engagement. Then came the definitive moment, the moment of marriage, the establishment of a new and everlasting covenant. As Mary stood before the Lord, she represented the whole of humanity. In the angel’s message, it was as if God made a marriage proposal to the human race. And in our name, Mary said yes.""""
-
View attachment 45733

The only Pope I have is the head men’s basketball coach at the University of Kentucky.