"Pastors" that lead church service wearing blue jeans, casual shirts and base ball caps.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!! These last days "anything" goes!!!
Yes dressing for church may be less formal these days but the message of the Gospel of Salvation should still be the same. It doesn't need men in suits to proclaim it.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and MA2444

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Think!! Why would you wear your best clothes if you were going have a meeting with a king??? Yet many show no honor or respect when going to be with God in a church worship or is the eternal living God not in your Church????
But our King Jesus lives with us, in our humble homes. We don't need to go to a different building and dress up posh to visit him when he is right there with us at all times. In some cases he is more present in our homes than in our churches.

Reactions: marks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is king of KINGS Lord of Lords and we don't come before the King leading worship in blue jeans and tee shirt and base ball cap.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is king of KINGS Lord of Lords and we don't come before the King leading worship in blue jeans and tee shirt and base ball cap.

WHy not?

I found it.

Jude 18:20
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them, if the teacher is wearing a nice suit...

But if I remember right, Jude only has one chapter, lol.

Reactions: PS95 and Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Many dare go into the house of the eternal living God wearing clothes that they could not even get into a good restaurant wearing=little to no respect.
You are the house of God, not the church building, though!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua wore what today some call a caftan.

How did The Baptist dress?

What's Holy Spirit wear?
And considering we are always before the face of our Father, what are we wearing now? Does it honor God? Why limit one's respect for God to when they attend Sunday services?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! Why would you wear your best clothes if you were going have a meeting with a king??? Yet many show no honor or respect when going to be with God in a church worship or is the eternal living God not in your Church????
Interestingly, I'm realizing that when I go to church it's more about being with the other people there then it is about being with God. I'm with God much more intimately in my room at night, or in my car, here at my desk, or taking a walk in the evening.

There are times of song and prayer, which are towards God, however, the teaching and fellowshipping is all about giving and receiving to and from each other. My meetings with my King are more private, personal, and what matters is what I have in my heart rather than on my back.

Much love!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And considering we are always before the face of our Father, what are we wearing now? Does it honor God? Why limit one's respect for God to when they attend Sunday services?

Much love!
L

Much love!
Always before the face of our Father. Even when we sleep naked.

Far too many in the church today give implied or outright reasons to doubt our Salvation.
Wardrobe should never be an issue.

Reactions: marks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Ephesians 1:22–23, NLT God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THINK!! If the Gov. 0f your state gives you an invite for dinner would you wear blue jeans and a tee shirt?? or the best you have?? Why//

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there no understanding of showing honor and respect in God's house??? =Sad!!! Any ambassador "pastor" does not show honor and respect leading worship in God's house by wearing blue genes,tee shirt and base ball cap!!!!THINK!!!
READ!
Acts 7:38
Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many people who walk into a church are just overdressed hoboes, wanting to look good.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
In some cultures more than others people mind how you dress. It comes from class divides, when they are substantial, and some people are too poor the dress nicely.

Those are not cultures I would like to live in. Nether would a I go to a church with ostentatious decorations.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pastors" that lead church service wearing blue jeans, casual shirts and base ball caps.
Since you wrote "Pastors", and I take it, that was the specific question. In years past, even some Baptist Pastors wore a robe type clerical clothing, showing respect befitting the office to which they were supposedly called. When I see such disrespect in dress, in the Pulpit, I question their calling. To me, it is similar to thinking of a Father with his teenage son; should the father try to be a buddy-buddy to his son, or keep the proper Father relationship? Surely, he should remain the authority in the family, the leader, and therefore not fitting that try to act like a teenage buddy. He should be the model of male leadership. We are judged by our appearance and think of the message is sent by jeans, baseball caps, etc. at the Pulpit.

As to the man in the pew, at least what it should wear when going to a nice restaurant.