James and James !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Firstly, pick whatever language you want, even English, and you'll find that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) aren't explicitely called Jesus's half-siblings, nor any other type of family member.

Secondly, Mary was an only child, and again, Joseph only had one brother named "Alphaeus" who had four sons: Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus), and thus Jesus had four cousins not six.
Quote the scriptures to support your theory....

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the scriptures to support your theory....

To preface, the Koine Greek word "ἀδελφός'' (adelphos), or “brother,” has the following definitions: "fellow-countryman," "disciple/follower," "one of the same faith," and "kinsman/kinswoman, or relative," e.g., sibling, cousin, nephew, niece, uncle, aunt, etc. In the plural (ἀδελφοί;adelphoi), it regularly refers to men and women.

In Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3, Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) are called Jesus's "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or “brothers.” The context shows that the applicable definition is "kinsman, or relative." In Gal. 1:19, Paul calls a man named "James" Jesus's "ἀδελφός" (adelphos), or "brother," and the context shows that the applicable definition is "kinsman, or relative" as well. Therefore, we can deduce that the James's in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 and Gal. 1:19 were the same person. In the same verse, Paul indicates that James is one of the Twelve, and only one of the two named "James" of the twelve apostles, and their known siblings, correspond with Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3:

Apostle James (the Great) and Apostle John of Zebedee
(Matt. 4:21, Mk. 1:19;3:17;10:35, Lk. 5:10, Ac. 12:1-2)

Apostle James (the Less), Apostle Judas (Jude/Thaddeus), and Joseph of Alphaeus
(Matt. 10:3, Mk. 3:18, Mk. 15:40, Lk. 6:15-16, Ac. 1:13)

The following scriptural verses and early Christian testimonies provide genealogical evidence to prove that the apostles James and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus, and their siblings, were the brothers (kinsmen/relatives) of Jesus:

Two accounts of the same scene:
"Mary the mother of James" (Mk. 16:1)
"Mary the mother of James" (Lk. 24:10)

Three accounts of the same scene:
"Mary Magdalene, Mary (Mary of Clopas/Cleophas) the mother of James (the Less) and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee (Salome)" (Matt. 27:56)

"Mary Magdalene, Mary (Mary of Clopas/Cleophas) the mother of James the Less and Joseph, and Salome (the mother of the sons of Zebedee)" (Mk. 15:40)

"His (Jesus's) Mother, His (Jesus's) Mother's sister Mary the wife of Clopas/Cleophas (the mother of the James the Less and Joseph), and Mary Magdalene" (Jn. 19:25)

I. "Mary the wife of Cleophas or Alphaeus (Clopas), who was the mother of James the bishop and apostle, and of Simon and Thaddeus (Jude/Judas), and of one Joseph." (Papias of Hierapolis [c. 60–130 AD], Fragments of Papias, Frag. 10, cf. Jn. 19:25)

II. "...James, who is called the brother of the Lord ... as appears to me, the son of Mary sister of the mother of our Lord ... after ordained by the apostles bishop of Jerusalem, wrote a single epistle, which is reckoned among the seven Catholic epistles" (cf. Jud. 1:1) and "...Mary who is described as the mother of James the Less was the wife of Alphaeus and sister of Mary the Lord's mother" (Jerome of Stridon [c. 347–420 CE], De Viris Illustribus, De Perpetua Uirginitate Beatae Mariae, cf. Jn. 19:25)

III. Eusebius of Caesarea [c. 260–340 AD] relates the following in his Historia Ecclesiastica:

"James, the brother of the Lord, was "...the author of the first of the so-called catholic epistles" and that while it is disputed, "as is the case likewise with the epistle that bears the name of Jude, which is also one of the seven so-called catholic epistles," it is known they have been "...read publicly in very many churches." (Bk. I, ch. 23, cf. Jud. 1:1)

"James ... surnamed the Just ... bishop of the church of Jerusalem. This James was called the brother of the Lord..." and "Paul also makes mention of the same James the Just, where he writes, 'Other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.'" (Bk. II, ch. 1)

"...those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord ... with those that were related to the Lord according to the flesh ... pronounced Symeon (Simon), the son of Clopas ... to be worthy of the episcopal throne of that parish. He was a cousin, as they say, of the Saviour. For Hegesippus records that Clopas was a brother of Joseph." (Bk. III, ch. 11)

"Josephus, at least, has not hesitated to testify this in his writings, where he says, 'These things happened to the Jews to avenge James the Just, who was a brother of Jesus, that is called the Christ.'" (Bk. II, ch. 23)

"...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" (Flavius Josephus [c. 37-100 CE], Antiquitates Iudaicae, Bk. XX, ch. 9)

"...James the Just bishop of Jerusalem" and "...but there were two Jameses: one called the Just ... thrown from the pinnacle of the temple ... and beaten to death with a club by a fuller, and another who was beheaded." (Bk. II, ch. 1) (Clement of Alexandria [c. 150–215 AD], Hypotyposes, Bk. VII, cf. Ac. 12:1-2)

"...James the brother of the Lord, succeeded to the government of the Church ... called the Just ..." (Bk. II, ch. 23) and "after James the Just had suffered martyrdom ... Symeon (Simon), the son of the Lord's uncle, Clopas, was appointed the next bishop ... because he was a cousin of the Lord." (Bk. III, ch. 22) (Hegesippus [c. 110-180 AD], Hypomnemata)

Summary

The scriptural verses and crossover agreement between all my sources,
even if not every surname is listed by each individual source, collectively proves the following:
  • Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk.6:3 were the sons of Jesus's uncle, Alphaeus (Clopas/Cleophas), and his wife Mary of Clopas (Cleophas/Alphaeus), and thus His cousins

• James and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) in Matt. 13:55/Mk.6:3 were the apostles James and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus (Clopas/Cleophas)​

• James in Matt. 13:55/Mk.6:3 was "James the Less" (Mk. 15:40), "James the brother of the Lord" (Gal. 1:19), "James the Just," "James the bishop of Jerusalem" (Ac. 15:13-21), and "James the author of the Epistle of James" (Jas. 1)

[Note: This in and of itself does not prove that Mary of Joseph is a perpetual Virgin.]

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
In Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3, Joseph, Simon, James, Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) are called Jesus's "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi). This Koine Greek word has the following textbook definitions: "fellow-countryman," "disciple/follower," "one of the same faith," and "kinsman/kinswoman, or relative," etc. The context in these verses shows that the definition "kinsman, or relative" applies, and it can refer to various types of family members, e.g., siblings, cousins, nephews, or uncles, etc. In this post, I'll show the type of family members of Jesus they were, primarily by identifying James.

Now, not only in Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3, but in Gal. 1:19, is there a "James" called Jesus's brother in a familial sense. In the latter, Paul indicates that James is an apostle as well. If you agree that these James's were the same person, consider the following apostle -James and his known siblings, the scriptural verses, and early Christian testimonials:

James, Judas (Jude/Thaddeus), and Joseph of Alphaeus
(Matt. 10:3, Mk. 3:18, Mk. 15:40, Lk. 6:15-16, Ac. 1:13)

"are not His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?" (Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3)
"apostles James the son of Alpheus ... Jude the brother of James (Lk. 6:15-16)
"his (Jesus's) mother's sister, Mary of Cleophas (Clopas)" (Jn. 19:25)
"Mary, mother of James" (Mk. 16:1)
"Mary of James" (Lk. 24:10)
"Mary, mother of James and Joseph" (Matt. 27:56)
"Mary, mother of James the Less and Joseph" (Mk. 15:40)

I. "Mary the wife of Cleophas or Alphaeus (Clopas), who was the mother of James the bishop and apostle, and of Simon and Thaddeus (Jude/Judas), and of one Joseph." (Papias of Hierapolis [c. 60–130 AD], Fragments of Papias, Frag. 10, cf. Jn. 19:25)

II. "...James, who is called the brother of the Lord ... as appears to me, the son of Mary sister of the mother of our Lord ... after ordained by the apostles bishop of Jerusalem, wrote a single epistle, which is reckoned among the seven Catholic epistles" (cf. Jud. 1:1) and "...Mary who is described as the mother of James the Less was the wife of Alphaeus and sister of Mary the Lord's mother" (Jerome of Stridon [c. 347–420 CE], De Viris Illustribus, De Perpetua Uirginitate Beatae Mariae, cf. Jn. 19:25)

III. Eusebius of Caesarea [c. 260–340 AD] relates the following in his Historia Ecclesiastica:

"James, the brother of the Lord, was "...the author of the first of the so-called catholic epistles" and that while it is disputed, "as is the case likewise with the epistle that bears the name of Jude, which is also one of the seven so-called catholic epistles," it is known they have been "...read publicly in very many churches." (Bk. I, ch. 23, cf. Jud. 1:1)

"James ... surnamed the Just ... bishop of the church of Jerusalem. This James was called the brother of the Lord..." and "Paul also makes mention of the same James the Just, where he writes, 'Other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.'" (Bk. II, ch. 1)

"...those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord ... with those that were related to the Lord according to the flesh ... pronounced Symeon (Simon), the son of Clopas ... to be worthy of the episcopal throne of that parish. He was a cousin, as they say, of the Saviour. For Hegesippus records that Clopas was a brother of Joseph." (Bk. III, ch. 11)

"Josephus, at least, has not hesitated to testify this in his writings, where he says, 'These things happened to the Jews to avenge James the Just, who was a brother of Jesus, that is called the Christ.'" (Bk. II, ch. 23)

"...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" (Flavius Josephus [c. 37-100 CE], Antiquitates Iudaicae, Bk. XX, ch. 9)

"...James the Just bishop of Jerusalem" and "...but there were two Jameses: one called the Just ... thrown from the pinnacle of the temple ... and beaten to death with a club by a fuller, and another who was beheaded." (Bk. II, ch. 1) (Clement of Alexandria [c. 150–215 AD], Hypotyposes, Bk. VII, cf. Ac. 12:1-2)

"...James the brother of the Lord, succeeded to the government of the Church ... called the Just ..." (Bk. II, ch. 23) and "after James the Just had suffered martyrdom ... Symeon (Simon), the son of the Lord's uncle, Clopas, was appointed the next bishop ... because he was a cousin of the Lord." (Bk. III, ch. 22) (Hegesippus [c. 110-180 AD], Hypomnemata)

Summary

The scriptural verses and crossover agreement between all my sources, even if not every surname is listed by each individual source, collectively show that (i) James and Judas of the four in Matt. 13:55/Mk.6:3 were the apostles James and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus, the brother of Jesus's mother's spouse, and his wife Mary of Clopas (Cleophas/Alphaeus), the sister (in-law) of Mary of Joseph, and thus the four were Jesus's cousins, and (ii) this James was the same person as "James the Less" (Mk. 15:40), "James the brother of the Lord" (Gal. 1:19), "James the Just," "James the bishop of Jerusalem" (Ac. 15:13-21), and "James the author of the Epistle of James" (Jas. 1). The other "James" was the apostle James of Zebedee, or "James the Great," brother of the apostle John of Zebedee.
Will make it simple for you, there many Jews who go by the similar name but they are not of the same family. But you are deliberately mixing them altogether and making them cousins to Jesus to support your theory.

Again, for me All Scripture = Holy bible and it is never wrong being helped by GOD because of Lord Jesus Christ. And stranger's voice we do not follow, so we're done here.

Shalom

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will make it simple for you, there many Jews who go by the similar name but they are not of the same family. But you are deliberately mixing them altogether and making them cousins to Jesus to support your theory.

Again, for me All Scripture = Holy bible and it is never wrong being helped by GOD because of Lord Jesus Christ. And stranger's voice we do not follow, so we're done here.

Shalom

Generally speaking, there were many people who had the name "James" in Jesus' time, as it was a common name. In terms of the multiple men named "James" mentioned in the four Gospels of Christ, the evidence I've provided in post #22 proves that all, except one, were the same person.

As for you, you claim to adhere to Sola Scriptura, yet you're not doing so by asserting a meaning to a word in the scriptural verses Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 that's not implicitly, much less explicitly, made clear to apply, in any language.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Generally speaking, there were many people who had the name "James" in Jesus' time, as it was a common name. In terms of the men named "James" mentioned in the four Gospels of The Bible, the evidence I've provided in post #22 proves that all, except one, were the same person.

As for you, you claim to adhere to "Sola Scriptura," yet you're not doing so by asserting a meaning to a word in the scriptural verses Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 that's not implicitly, much less explicitly, made clear to apply, in any language.
There are about ten instances in the New Testament where "brothers" and "sisters" of the Lord are mentioned (Matt. 12:46; 13:55; Mark 3:31-34; 6;3; Luke 8:19-20; John 2:12; 7:3,5,10; Acts 1;14; 1 Cor. 9:5)

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are about ten instances in the New Testament where "brothers" and "sisters" of the Lord are mentioned (Matt. 12:46; 13:55; Mark 3:31-34; 6;3; Luke 8:19-20; John 2:12; 7:3,5,10; Acts 1;14; 1 Cor. 9:5)

Technically, there are six instances, not ten, because a few of those verses refer to the same scene. The Koine Greek word "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," used in those verses has the following definitions: "fellow-countryman," "disciple/follower," "one of the same faith," and "kinsman/kinswoman, or relative," etc. As you can see, it doesn't have the direct definition "half-siblings," but rather the broad-ranging definition "kinsman, or relative," e.g., siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts, etc.

Matthew 13:55, Mark 6:3

Refer back to post #22.

John 2:12

In this scene, Jesus's brothers were two of His four cousins, James and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) of Alphaeus, and His disciples were Peter and Andrew, who later became two of His twelve elected apostles, and they accompanied Him and His Mother to Capernaum. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

Matthew 12:46; Mark 3:31-32, Luke 8:19-20

In this scene, Jesus's brothers who arrived with His Mother to speak with Him at Capernaum were two of His four cousins, Joseph and Simon of Alphaeus. Joseph and Simon had heard that Jesus had recently done carpentry work in Korazim for a widow whose husband had died, and they, particularly Joseph, was the most visually and vocally angry at Him for making money for her and her children, but not His own Mother, etc., and they were there to confront Him about it, but Jesus set them straight. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

John 7:3-5;10

In this scene, the brothers of Jesus were two of His four cousins, Joseph and Simon of Alphaeus, who at that time didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah, though they later came to believe. I know this not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

Acts 1:14

In this scene, Jesus's brothers were some of His disciples, some of whom were the shepherds that visited Him the night of His birth. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

1 Cor. 9:5

In this scene, the brothers of Jesus were the apostles James and Judas of Alphaeus, who were also Jesus's cousins (refer back to post #22). It's not a problem that they were mentioned separately from the rest of the apostles, because in the same verse Cephas (Peter) was also mentioned separately from the rest of the apostles, though he was still one of the apostles.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Your given lengthy speculation as 'cousins'. versus my given, as it is written word, 'brethren'. Even to the reaction they've shown repeatedly towards Jesus, proves can only be done by a parent or sibling.

Sorry am not buying, for my spirit affirms 'brethren' of Christ, even when they were in disbelief.

Reactions: Cassandra

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...given, as it is written word, 'brethren'.

Correct, as I said, the Koine Greek word used is "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," not "half-siblings."

Even to the reaction they've shown repeatedly towards Jesus, proves can only be done by a parent or sibling.

Lol, are you part of a human family?

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Correct, as I said, the Koine Greek word used is "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," not "half-siblings." If you truly want to adhere to Sola Scriptura, then you won't continue to ignore this word's definitions, nor its only familial definition "kinsman/kinswoman, or relative," which can refer to various types of family members, e.g., siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts, etc.
Am given as 'siblings' by the Spirit, means of 'half-siblings', since Jesus is the 'spirit being' from Heaven who took on flesh. Apparently they don't share the same Father, conceive alone by Mary by the power of the Holy ghost. Only prophetically, Jesus by genealogy would come from the line of David, and the supposed father is, Joseph.
Lol, are you part of a human family?
Jesus is

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am given as 'siblings' by the Spirit, means of 'half-siblings', since Jesus is the 'spirit being' from Heaven who took on flesh. Apparently they don't share the same Father, conceive alone by Mary by the power of the Holy ghost. Only prophetically, Jesus by genealogy would come from the line of David, and the supposed father is, Joseph.

If Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Judas/Thaddeus) were Jesus's half-siblings, it's because they would've shared the same Mother. If you truly want to adhere to the Sola Scriptura, then you won't continue to ignore that the Koine Greek word used is "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," not "half-siblings."

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
If Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Judas/Thaddeus) were Jesus's half-siblings, it's because they would've shared the same Mother. If you truly want to adhere to the Sola Scriptura, then you won't continue to ignore that the Koine Greek word used is "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," not "half-siblings."
Noted, i see your point and is written, where James is referred to as the brother of the Lord. But also want to fairly respond that when Jesus was referred to as the son of David, at one point He corrected the person, even when genealogically true. Another, when the crowd in the house informed Him of His mother, brother and sister were waiting outside, He denied them as not of His parent and siblings.

For another example, Abraham and Sarah didn't have the same mother but alone the same father, therefore written as his, 'half-sister' Therefore, Jesus and His supposedly siblings genealogically, share the same mother, but not the same father, therefore not 'half-siblings'?

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But also want to fairly respond that when Jesus was referred to as the son of David, at one point He corrected the person, even when genealogically true.

Jesus never denied being a descendant of David.

...when the crowd in the house informed Him of His mother, brother and sister were waiting outside, He denied them as not of His parent and siblings.

In this scene, Jesus's brothers who arrived with His Mother to speak with Him at Capernaum were two of His four cousins, Joseph and Simon of Alphaeus. Joseph and Simon had heard that Jesus had recently done carpentry work in Korazim for a widow whose husband had died, and they, particularly Joseph, was the most visually and vocally angry at Him for making money for her and her children, but not His own Mother, etc., and they were there to confront Him about it, but Jesus set them straight. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

For another example, Abraham and Sarah didn't have the same mother but alone the same father, therefore written as his, 'half-sister' Therefore, Jesus and His supposedly siblings genealogically, share the same mother, but not the same father, therefore not 'half-siblings'?

What makes someone a half-sister/half-brother (half-siblings) another is if they share a parent, whether the father or mother. Furthermore, there's no word in ancient Hebrew or Koine Greek for "half-sister," nor "half-brother." However, there are words that have a broad-ranging familial definition, and thus can refer to various types of family members. In the Septuagint—the earliest extant Greek translation of the Old Testament from the original Hebrew—the translators, for example, substituted the Hebrew words "אחים" ('âchiem) in Gen. 13:8 with its Greek equivalent "ἀδελφοὶ" (adelphoi), and "אָח" ('âch) in Gen 14:14 with its Greek equivalent "ἀδελφός" (adelphos) to show kinship between Abraham and Lot, which lineage shows were that of uncle and nephew: "εἶπεν δὲ Αβραμ τῷ Λωτ Μὴ ἔστω μάχη ἀνὰ μέσον ἐμοῦ καὶ σοῦ καὶ ἀνὰ μέσον τῶν ποιμένων μου καὶ ἀνὰ μέσον τῶν ποιμένων σου. ὅτι ἄνθρωποι ἀδελφοὶ ἡμεῖς ἐσμεν." (Gen. 13:8) and "ἀκούσας δὲ Αβραμ ὅτι ᾐχμαλώτευται Λωτ ὁ ἀδελφὸς αὐτοῦ, ἠρίθμησεν τοὺς ἰδίους οἰκογενεῖς αὐτοῦ, τριακοσίους δέκα καὶ ὀκτώ, καὶ κατεδίωξεν ὀπίσω αὐτῶν ἕως Δαν." (Gen. 14:14)

The Septuagint translators substituted the Hebrew word "אָח" ('âch) in Gen. 29:15 with the Greek equivalent "ἀδελφός" (adelphos) to show kinship between Jacob and Laban, which lineage shows were that of uncle and nephew: "Εἶπε δὲ Λάβαν τῷ ᾿Ιακώβ· ὅτι γὰρ ἀδελφός μου εἶ, οὐ δουλεύσεις μοι δωρεάν· ἀπάγγειλόν μοι, τίς ὁ μισθός σου ἐστί;" (Gen. 29:15)

The Septuagint translators substituted the Hebrew word "אחים" ('âchiem) in 1 Chr. 23:21–22 with the Greek equivalent "ἀδελφοὶ" (adelphoi) to show it was kin the daughters of Eleazar married, which lineage shows was their cousins: "καὶ ἀπέθανεν Ελεαζαρ, καὶ οὐκ ἦσαν αὐτῷ υἱοὶ ἀλλ᾽ ἢ θυγατέρες, καὶ ἔλαβον αὐτὰς υἱοὶ Κις ἀδελφοὶ αὐτῶν." (1 Chr. 23:22)

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Jesus never denied being a descendant of David.
Luke 20:
41. And He said unto them, "How say they that Christ is David's son?
42. And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, 'The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43. Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'

44. David therefore calleth Him Lord, how is He then his son?"

1 Corinthians 15:
47. The first man is of the earth, earthy:
the second man is the Lord from Heaven.

John 1:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ..................................

Jesus was from a virgin birth, and Joseph had no part of it nor his seed. Because he was about to quuietly call off the engagement with Mary after finding out she's with a child.

While His siblings are from an earthy husband and wife natural seed foundational birth.

Matthew 12:
46. While He yet talked to the people, behold, His mother and His brethren stood without, desiring to speak with Him.
47. Then one said unto Him, "Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee."

48. But He answered and said unto him that told Him, "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?"
49. And He stretched forth His hands toward His disciples, and said, "Behold my mother and my brethren!"

Luke 11:
27. And it came to pass, as He sapke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto Him, "Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28. But He said,
"Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the Word of GOD, and keep it."

These were the times when the mother and siblings were in disbelief.

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was from a virgin birth, and Joseph had no part of it nor his seed. While His siblings are from an earthy husband and wife natural seed foundational birth.

I'm saying that if Jesus had half-brothers, its because they all would've been born of the same Mother: Mary. However, He didn't have half-brothers (siblings), because those believed to have been His half-brothers were actually the sons of Joseph's brother, for reasons explained in post #22.

Luke 20:
41. And He said unto them, "How say they that Christ is David's son?
42. And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, 'The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43. Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'

44. David therefore calleth Him Lord, how is He then his son?"

In this scene, the Pharisees had asked a Scribe if he believes Jesus is the Christ, and how he knows it to be the case. He answered saying that he does believe Him to be the Christ, but doesn't know how, rather feels that He is. In reply, the Pharisees called him mad and turned their backs on him worriedly. Jesus had heard their conversation, and when He saw the Pharisees pass in front of Him in a close group and go away worriedly, He called them saying: "Listen to Me. I want to ask you something. According to you, what do you think of the Christ? Whose son is He?" "He will be the son of David" they reply, stressing the words "will be," because they want to make Him understand that, as far as they are concerned, He is not the Christ. "How, then, does David, inspired by God, call Him "Lord" saying: "The Lord said to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for You'"? So if David calls the Christ "Lord", how can the Christ be his son?" As they do not know what to reply to Him, they go away ruminating their poison. Jesus asked them to explain how the Christ, a descendant of David, could also be God, and they didn't know what to say. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

Luke 11:
27. And it came to pass, as He sapke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto Him, "Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28. But He said,
"Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the Word of GOD, and keep it."

In this scene, Jesus was speaking to the citizens of Gerasa, and when He had finished, a woman said, "Blessed be the womb that bore you, and the breasts that suckled you." At that moment, Jesus turned towards the woman who extolled His Mother admiring Her Son. He smiled, because He was pleased with the praise for His Mother, but He then said, "More blessed are those who listen to the word of God and practise it. Do that, woman." Then, He blessed the crowd and went towards the country, followed by the apostles who asked Him, "Why did You say that?" Jesus answered, "Because I tell you solemnly that in Heaven they do not use the same measure as is used on the earth. And My Mother will be blessed not so much because of Her immaculate soul as for listening to the word of God and practising it through obedience. It was a prodigy of the Creator "that Mary's soul was immaculate." And He is to be praised for that. But the "let what you have said be done to Me" is a prodigy of My Mother. Her merit therefore is great. So great that the Saviour of the world came only because of Her capability of listening to God, speaking through Gabriel's lips, and because of Her will to practise the word of God, without weighing the difficulties and the immediate and future sorrows connected with Her assent. You can thus see that She is My blessed Mother not only because She bore and suckled Me, but because She listened to the word of God and practised it through obedience. But let us go home now. My Mother knew that I was going to be out for a short while and She may be worried because of My delay." I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

Matthew 12:
46. While He yet talked to the people, behold, His mother and His brethren stood without, desiring to speak with Him.
47. Then one said unto Him, "Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee."

48. But He answered and said unto him that told Him, "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?"
49. And He stretched forth His hands toward His disciples, and said, "Behold my mother and my brethren!"

In this scene, Jesus's brothers who arrived with His Mother to speak with Him at Capernaum were two of His four cousins, Joseph and Simon of Alphaeus. Joseph and Simon had heard that Jesus had recently done carpentry work in Korazim for a widow whose husband had died, and they, particularly Joseph, was the most visually and vocally angry at Him for making money for her and her children, but not His own Mother, etc., and they were there to confront Him about it. When Jesus was informed of His Mother and cousins making their way to Him, before His cousins even started speaking about what they had come to say, He already knew. So, He started speaking to them and the crowd saying, "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother, and sister, and mother" means that one's duty to following the will of God bears more weight than blood. When he was done, Jesus addressed His cousins more directly. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I'm saying that if Jesus had half-brothers, its because they all would've been born of the same Mother: Mary. However, He didn't have half-brothers (siblings), because those believed to have been His half-brothers were actually the sons of Joseph's brother, for reasons explained in post #22.

In this scene, the Pharisees had asked a Scribe if he believes Jesus is the Christ, and how he knows it to be the case. He answered saying that he does believe Him to be the Christ, but doesn't know how, rather feels that He is. In reply, the Pharisees called him mad and turned their backs on him worriedly. Jesus had heard their conversation, and when He saw the Pharisees pass in front of Him in a close group and go away worriedly, He called them saying: "Listen to Me. I want to ask you something. According to you, what do you think of the Christ? Whose son is He?" "He will be the son of David" they reply, stressing the words "will be," because they want to make Him understand that, as far as they are concerned, He is not the Christ. "How, then, does David, inspired by God, call Him "Lord" saying: "The Lord said to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for You'"? So if David calls the Christ "Lord", how can the Christ be his son?" As they do not know what to reply to Him, they go away ruminating their poison. Jesus asked them to explain how the Christ, a descendant of David, could also be God, and they didn't know what to say. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

In this scene, Jesus was speaking to the citizens of Gerasa, and when He had finished, a woman said, "Blessed be the womb that bore you, and the breasts that suckled you." At that moment, Jesus turned towards the woman who extolled His Mother admiring Her Son. He smiled, because He was pleased with the praise for His Mother, but He then said, "More blessed are those who listen to the word of God and practise it. Do that, woman." Then, He blessed the crowd and went towards the country, followed by the apostles who asked Him, "Why did You say that?" Jesus answered, "Because I tell you solemnly that in Heaven they do not use the same measure as is used on the earth. And My Mother will be blessed not so much because of Her immaculate soul as for listening to the word of God and practising it through obedience. It was a prodigy of the Creator "that Mary's soul was immaculate." And He is to be praised for that. But the "let what you have said be done to Me" is a prodigy of My Mother. Her merit therefore is great. So great that the Saviour of the world came only because of Her capability of listening to God, speaking through Gabriel's lips, and because of Her will to practise the word of God, without weighing the difficulties and the immediate and future sorrows connected with Her assent. You can thus see that She is My blessed Mother not only because She bore and suckled Me, but because She listened to the word of God and practised it through obedience. But let us go home now. My Mother knew that I was going to be out for a short while and She may be worried because of My delay." I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.

In this scene, Jesus's brothers who arrived with His Mother to speak with Him at Capernaum were two of His four cousins, Joseph and Simon of Alphaeus. Joseph and Simon had heard that Jesus had recently done carpentry work in Korazim for a widow whose husband had died, and they, particularly Joseph, was the most visually and vocally angry at Him for making money for her and her children, but not His own Mother, etc., and they were there to confront Him about it. When Jesus was informed of His Mother and cousins making their way to Him, before His cousins even started speaking about what they had come to say, He already knew. So, He started speaking to them and the crowd saying, "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother, and sister, and mother" means that one's duty to following the will of God bears more weight than blood. When he was done, Jesus addressed His cousins more directly. I know some of those details not from any of the accounts of the Four Evangelists, as they are incomplete, but rather from The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume book that's an expansion of the four Gospels of Christ by Jesus through His spokesperson, Maria Valtorta.
Apparently, we have nothing in common nor share the same believe, am done and no thank you.

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, we have nothing in common nor share the same believe, am done and no thank you.

Jesus expanded on His four Evangelist's gospels, and that's why I was able to provide more details for each of the scenes above. It's because of the accounts of the four Gospels and the testimonies of early Christians (as well as Maria Valtorta's account) that show Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were Jesus's cousins, not half-brothers, because they were the sons of His uncle.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Jesus expanded on His four Evangelist's gospels, and that's why I was able to provide more details for each of the scenes above. It's because of the accounts of the four Gospels and the testimonies of early Christians (as well as Maria Valtorta's account) that show Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were Jesus's cousins, not half-brothers, because they were the sons of His uncle.
Suite your 'self', but am not buying it.

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suite your 'self', but am not buying it.

It's still the truth, and it's possible for you to recognize that to be true as well. The only person standing in the way of that is yourself.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
It's still the truth, and it's possible for you to recognize that to be true as well. The only person standing in the way of that is yourself.
Sorry i don't buy heresies from heretics, please scholars try your sales pitch on some one else, no thank you.

Truly born again readers,

For what is given me from above through 'Sola Scriptural' is, partly by genealogy they are Jesus' siblings indeed. They born from the same mother who conceived them in her womb. But Jesus alone is not of the same Father since partly by promise He is from a virgin birth.

Nevertheless, Joseph is still partly the father of Jesus, since again genealogically the father is from the line of David. Moreover partly as from the line of Judah His father David, Jesus is to descend prophetically, since He is the final King of Israel forever.

Overall please take note of what Jesus answers His parents even at the age of 12, whom though He had to obey after that until 30.

Luke 2:
49. And He said unto them, "How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my FATHER's business?"

Shalom in Yeshua name

Nephesh

Jun 2, 2024
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry i don't buy heresies from heretics...

Apparently, you don't understand what heresies and heretics are.

For what is given me from above through 'Sola Scriptural' is, partly by genealogy they are Jesus' siblings indeed.

If you truly adhered to the Sola Scriptura, then you wouldn't be ignoring the fact that the Koine Greek word used is "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi), or "brothers," and its definitions, nor would you be asserting a meaning to that word in verses in the four Gospels of Christ that's not implicitly, much less explicitly, made clear to apply, in any language. Furthermore, genealogy doesn't tell us that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) were the sons of Joseph and Mary either, but rather the sons of Jesus's uncle, and his wife. Refer back to post #22.