How do I put this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From Germany!….good to have you with us.
:kiaora:
Tell us a bit about yourself….

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
From Germany!….good to have you with us.
:kiaora:
Tell us a bit about yourself….
I'm early retired. Married. No children but I do have a dog that would seem to think of themselves as a child.

I've traveled our Lord's road for many years. I think Christian web communities are a great way to spread the love.

Reactions: Aunty Jane and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm early retired. Married. No children but I do have a dog that would seem to think of themselves as a child.

I've traveled our Lord's road for many years. I think Christian web communities are a great way to spread the love.
Hi, nice to have you join us.

I hope you will share how things are going in Germany regarding the Christian faith...also perhaps about the situation there with many Muslims wanting Sharia Law?

Maybe make a new thread about it?

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
Hi, nice to have you join us.

I hope you will share how things are going in Germany regarding the Christian faith...also perhaps about the situation there with many Muslims wanting Sharia Law?

Maybe make a new thread about it?
Hello.

It is a nightmare I'd rather wake up from.

In 2016 a Salafist movement activated here. We called them a death cult.

They'd patrol a city or town and take issue with anything that was against the order within Shari'a.
Pubs,women and our manner of dress, gambling, movies.

They were brought into court in 2016 accused of costuming themselves as police when patrolling neighborhoods. The court said they did nothing wrong.

They would harass under the dictates of Shari'a. Taking issue with women and their manner of dress,music,pubs serving alcohol,and so forth.

Some radical extensions of the Salafists have been banned.

It was not a deterrent.
In Hamburgh there was a Caliphate rally at the start of May.
A bit like trying to kill the mythological Hydra. Taking one head off only insures another take its place.

Our government says Shari'a will not overcome our federal Republic.

A portion of our taxes goes to support our churches. Some churches are suffering a low attendance. A very few closed.

The strict Orthodox fundamentalism of old is relaxing a bit. The population remains largely Christian. However, church attendance isn't what it use to be on some parts.

I wouldn't open a discussion on the politics of it all. Here we don't know who may be listening,if you take my meaning.

It is a bit unnerving to travel and notice the number of burkas adorning our population.

Not anything I would have come to expect to see when I was a child.

Thank you for your post and welcome.

Reactions: Debp

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Lordsflower - welcome to the forum x
I tried to find out where abouts in Germany Bahn is, to see if it was near to my twin brother, but all I got up was the national rail company ! lol

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
You are not wrong. In the spirit of privacy I do not share both my country and town location.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
oh that’s good to know, I just thought my internet search was a bit off base !
He lives in the Dormund area - was just curious to see if you lived anywhere near xx
Hope you enjoy being on the forum, there are a few from Europe and the U.K. here xx

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello.

It is a nightmare I'd rather wake up from.

In 2016 a Salafist movement activated here. We called them a death cult.

They'd patrol a city or town and take issue with anything that was against the order within Shari'a.
Pubs,women and our manner of dress, gambling, movies.

They were brought into court in 2016 accused of costuming themselves as police when patrolling neighborhoods. The court said they did nothing wrong.

They would harass under the dictates of Shari'a. Taking issue with women and their manner of dress,music,pubs serving alcohol,and so forth.

Some radical extensions of the Salafists have been banned.

It was not a deterrent.
In Hamburgh there was a Caliphate rally at the start of May.
A bit like trying to kill the mythological Hydra. Taking one head off only insures another take its place.

Our government says Shari'a will not overcome our federal Republic.

A portion of our taxes goes to support our churches. Some churches are suffering a low attendance. A very few closed.

The strict Orthodox fundamentalism of old is relaxing a bit. The population remains largely Christian. However, church attendance isn't what it use to be on some parts.

I wouldn't open a discussion on the politics of it all. Here we don't know who may be listening,if you take my meaning.

It is a bit unnerving to travel and notice the number of burkas adorning our population.

Not anything I would have come to expect to see when I was a child.

Thank you for your post and welcome.

Thanks Lordsflower for all of that information.

It's helpful to hear firsthand accounts of what's happening in Europe and the UK regarding Sharia Law.

Do you have mainly Middle Eastern Muslims? I think they are more strict about wanting Sharia Law.

We have some Muslims here in Los Angeles...mainly from Bangladesh. They don't seem as dogmatic. Most are happy to be out of Sharia Law I think!

I know some that like Christian friends. And they didn't like going out to eat with Middle Eastern Muslims because they would have to eat only Halal with them! They also wear Western dress and don't cover up.

Lordsflower

May 27, 2024
Bahn
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
Thanks Lordsflower for all of that information.

It's helpful to hear firsthand accounts of what's happening in Europe and the UK regarding Sharia Law.

Do you have mainly Middle Eastern Muslims? I think they are more strict about wanting Sharia Law.

We have some Muslims here in Los Angeles...mainly from Bangladesh. They don't seem as dogmatic. Most are happy to be out of Sharia Law I think!

I know some that like Christian friends. And they didn't like going out to eat with Middle Eastern Muslims because they would have to eat only Halal with them! They also wear Western dress and don't cover up.
There are millions of Muslims here now.
Really,we have no way of knowing where individuals hale from just by appearance.

There are many from the middle east. The standout for Muslim women are the traditional covering.
There are others who simply wear the hijab only.

The men vary in their attire as well.

I've heard there are at least one thousand mosques here now.

Many are making ovations to invite non Muslims to their worship services. Whether that is to share their beliefs in an effort to show there is nothing to fear or is a conversion effort I don't know.