Hello from Arkansas!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m Mary. I’m turning 19 on Saturday. I’m a part of the Southern Baptist Convention. I’m married and have a 2-month-old son. My job is serving God, my husband and taking care of our child. Our marriage is legally a covenant one (limited, specific grounds for divorce). Our marriage was also arranged. I live a very traditional lifestyle (I don’t even own a phone for example). I abstain from voting as I don’t support the 19th Amendment. I’m a strong proponent of a Christian theocratic state. Pleased to meet you!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m Mary. I’m turning 19 on Saturday. I’m a part of the Southern Baptist Convention. I’m married and have a 2-month-old son. My job is serving God, my husband and taking care of our child. Our marriage is legally a covenant one (limited, specific grounds for divorce). Our marriage was also arranged. I live a very traditional lifestyle (I don’t even own a phone for example). I abstain from voting as I don’t support the 19th Amendment. I’m a strong proponent of a Christian theocratic state. Pleased to meet you!

Hi Mary, welcome.

Not having a phone...are you Amish by any chance?

What happens if you have a medical emergency or a fire without a phone?

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary, welcome.

Not having a phone...are you Amish by any chance?

What happens if you have a medical emergency or a fire without a phone?
No.
At home we have a landline I can use. I never go out in public alone.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you don't agree with women getting the right to vote.

My dad told me who I’ll be marrying and when.

And your dad told you who to marry and when.

May I ask what sect you belong to?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't agree with women getting the right to vote.

And your dad told you who to marry and when.

May I ask what sect you belong to?
Yes and yes. I’m just a Southern Baptist, but from a very fundamentalist / conservative environment.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and yes. I’m just a Southern Baptist, but from a very fundamentalist / conservative environment.
Wow, I didn't realize some Southern Baptists were that fundamental.

If you didn't like the husband your father picked, could you have told your father no to the marriage?

I used to have Hindu neighbors. It was an arranged marriage. However, if the female didn't like the proposed husband, she could refuse to marry him. Then the parents would look for another potential mate for her.

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't realize some Southern Baptists were that fundamental.

If you didn't like the husband your father picked, could you have told your father no to the marriage?

I used to have Hindu neighbors. It was an arranged marriage. However, if the female didn't like the proposed husband, she could refuse to marry him. Then the parents would look for another potential mate for her.
I could have discussed it with him, plead my case, but his final decision as the man / head of the household is the end. Like in court with a judge, I guess. My husband has the same leadership style.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could have discussed it with him, plead my case, but his final decision as the man / head of the household is the end. Like in court with a judge, I guess. My husband has the same leadership style.

Wow. I hope your husband has a kind side to him as well. Life can sometimes be difficult so kindness always helps.

Reactions: TheHC and TLHKAJ

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. I hope your husband has a kind side to him as well. Life can sometimes be difficult so kindness always helps.
Oh, he definitely does. He’s kind but also stern. If we (women) are given freedom, we start getting ideas which end up disrupting the proper flow of society (case in point: feminism). It’s the duty of our guardian (father, husband, etc) to monitor our behavior and keep us in line. It’s not easy being a leader / head of the family.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, he definitely does. He’s kind but also stern. If we (women) are given freedom, we start getting ideas which end up disrupting the proper flow of society (case in point: feminism). It’s the duty of our guardian (father, husband, etc) to monitor our behavior and keep us in line. It’s not easy being a leader / head of the family.

Oh...as a lifelong single calling lady, I monitor myself with the Lord's help! I'm going to be 74 soon. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is headship really dictatorship in your church? That’s a shame, God did not create marriage to make women subservient…he created the female role to be complementary.…balancing the gender roles to work in harmony, not in competition. The wife was to be an asset to her husband and children not a chattel or a servant to be kept in line. The head of the house was to emulate Christ as the head of the congregation….he loved them and laid down his life for them….he always treated his disciples with love, compassion and understanding, even when they tried his patience at times. He respected women.

Mary_2005

Jun 25, 2024
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is headship really dictatorship in your church? That’s a shame, God did not create marriage to make women subservient…he created the female role to be complementary.…balancing the gender roles to work in harmony, not in competition. The wife was to be an asset to her husband and children not a chattel or a servant to be kept in line. The head of the house was to emulate Christ as the head of the congregation….he loved them and laid down his life for them….he always treated his disciples with love, compassion and understanding, even when they tried his patience at times. He respected women.
I don’t consider it dictatorship since my opinion is always taken into account during decision making.

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t consider it dictatorship since my opinion is always taken into account during decision making.
So lovely to hear that, I was brought up in a family where the woman had no say and waited on the men....they made me growing up feel inferior to men....so I do have a problem with some types of men.....it’s very difficult to get out of that mindset.

Reactions: Debp and TLHKAJ