Genesis Interesting Find: from a "Chinese" reader perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are "Chinese" people descendent from one of the three sons of Noah?

• Yes

• No

• No Idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As of the date of this post, 60% of the respondents to the poll say that they have “no idea“ whether or not Chinese people are descendants of one of the sons of Noah. What are we to make of that?

My take on it is that the 60% either haven’t read the Bible or, having read the Bible, either don’t understand or don’t believe what the Bible says in regard to the question.

Whatever the reason(s), what options remain?

1. Evolution (a non-biblical solution).

2. The Chinese were created earlier (the flood in Noah’s day was local, not global) or later by the one God of the Bible (a non-biblical solution).

3. The Chinese were created later by someone other than the one God of the Bible (other gods, mad scientists in a laboratory, space aliens, etc -all non-biblical solutions).

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Chinese people are descendants of one of the sons of Noah.

Genesis 10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, according to their descendants, by their nations; and out of these the nations were separated on the earth after the flood.

Also at Babel it is possible that not only were the existing humans divided in speech, but also in genetics at that point of time.

Last edited:

PanInVietnam

Jun 14, 2024
Hanoi
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Viet Nam
‭Genesis 4:7 RSV‬
[7] If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is couching at the door; its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

what is considered do well?

‭Genesis 4:9 RSV‬
[9] Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?”

world first murder case... act blur (=not doing well?) and not admits to his mistake. when did i read god said anything about rules/laws on killing someone? at least Adam (maybe not a name but pointing to a group of humans??) was told/instructed not to eat that particular tree. (or god also did instruct the other rules/laws but not recorded down?)

‭Genesis 4:13 RSV‬
[13] Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear.

ok, it is a punishment for killing somebody. which means some time in the time-line god did instruct adam (group of people?) about rules/laws people should follow.

‭Genesis 4:15 RSV‬
[15] Then the Lord said to him, “Not so! If any one slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who came upon him should kill him.

seems that there are more people elsewhere (related to Abel?) then just 3 people listed in the book?

‭Genesis 4:17 RSV‬
[17] Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.

when we read there are other people around? flaming sword and cherubim not mentioned in the creation yet existed, hence there are also other people around beside adam/eve who came from eden? so there are people existed outside eden

‭Genesis 5:2 RSV‬
[2] Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.

man = human (adam) beings? so far my impression on these discussions of 1 god or 3 gods (or more than 3), beside the word 'us' appears during the creation of human, the rest seem to use he/me singular form. another thing to mention: as a programmer, one person can produce many different codes to perform the same objective and over time the codes are rewritten (improved) to reflect the best possible (shortest) codes to perform the same objective. and god said is 'very good' on stuff that he created and settled for 1 male and 1 female (not sure if there are more outside eden or created more humans but place the best version of male and female inside the eden?).

i wonder if there are more gods, will there be more versions of human species (like animals plants have different species?) so far up till 2024, humanity didnt see or be able to prove there are more species of human beings...

1 human and 2 species: male and female. female is formed out of the male and male is made in God's image (male god? or god has male and female characteristics? or female is created to self producing when coupled with a male for population?) too deep and too much to think about or speculate about.

‭Genesis 5:22 RSV‬
[22] Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters.

‭Genesis 5:24 RSV‬
[24] Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

walked with god: not sure if this meant good friend with god, in good terms with god, or as God’s companion, or followed god or his rules/laws... "and he was not" = not around? "for god took him" = died? 365 of his age seem coincidentally 365 days for a year. (could this mean we can (fastest) within 1 year to be good terms with god? )

‭Genesis 6:1 RSV‬
[1] When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them,

does this "men" means adam and his gang or people from outside eden?

‭Genesis 6:2 RSV‬
[2] the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose.

sons of god = adam's gang? daughters of men = people outside eden? not very clearly written and on the surface of the sentence seems open to imagination... cain's wife from these people outside the eden?

‭Genesis 6:4 RSV‬
[4] The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

the nephilim = people outside eden? the the children from this union became popular or rulers?

‭Genesis 6:6 RSV‬
[6] And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

he had made man on the earth = people outside eden or made adam and his gang in the eden? previous reads "let us made" but now "he had made" so "those other" who make into this "us" are not creators since god=he stated god (singular) made man (or adam). or is it typo mistake?

‭Genesis 6:9 RSV‬
[9] These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; Noah walked with God.

so "walked with god" defined as "a righteous man" = "blameless" (so maybe we can be righteous if we "improve" ourselves for 365 days? just a thought )

‭Genesis 6:11-12 RSV‬
[11] Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. [12] And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

flesh had corrupted their way (violence) = evil = not following laws/rules (example: disobedience to God's laws/rules like eating from tree and killing (2 listed acts and got punished and i think should be more laws/rules than the listed)? (if not being righteous by just 2 listed should be easy and if there are some more, then the challenge to obey the laws/rules should get them the award "a righteous man", else "not righteous" (under 365 days mark?)

‭Genesis 6:17 RSV‬
[17] For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

water again: beginning i read "spirit of god on the surface of water" before any creation. seems water is the key item in God's pocket...

just a thought: if the flood once killed everyone and till 2024 today, the earth didnt see any major disasters to wipe out humanity means the earth is not yet as violence as in the past? hold the line, earth!

‭Genesis 6:22 RSV‬
[22] Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him.

sum up: Noah is a good boy, i should be like Noah. god likes good boy like Noah who listens (and do?) what god says

long post this morning waiting for my colleague to wake up (working trip) and continued to read (again) and give a thought and pen it down for future reference...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis Interesting Find: from a "Chinese" reader perspective

My perspective IS:
Shortly after the beginning of manKIND….a huge disappointment came upon God regarding manKIND…and thus the destruction of nearly ALL of manKIND…”by the earth”.

(Which is to say, God controls the weather, the weather affects the Earth, thus positive or negative consequences.)

The Earth IS Dry Land.
Water (via rain) was sent down from Heaven.
Water (below the Earth) was “opened” by the power of God, to also ALLOW water from IN the Earth to rise Upon the Earth.
(Scripturally called fountains of the deep).
In this day, called underground Oceans, as discovered by scientist's being HUGE underground Oceans.)

So, regarding the question of Noah…his wife, his 3 sons, their wives….(8) in total manKIND having entered the ark, and risen up Off the face of the Earth (experiencing destruction).

Order of sons, per birth…to my understanding …
Eldest…Japheth
Middle…Shem
Youngest…Ham

Sons (and wives) having offsprings…generation after generation…migrating.
By my perspective, Japheth’s Line of descendants appear to have migrated to the lands historically (the Orient) ie. Nation identified as “China”. (Other lands as well, but China specific being your interest.)

And “FYI”… from Noah’s son “Shem”… is the generational notable legally recognized offsprings: For example…
Abraham…Moses…King David…Jesus….

Glory to God,
Taken