Friendly Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Something inside of me prompted me to go to Church out of the blue, that was the beginning of me seeking the Lord. That’s communication from God as a non believer. Every Saturday for a month I had that prompt - and it was something I just had to obey , didn’t understand a word that was being preached, didn’t know any of the songs ect. I came to faith about three months later While listening to a sermon on Ephesians chapter 1 !!!!!
So, you too had never read a Bible, yet a voice in your head prompted you to go to church out of the blue?

Or am I the only one here, who became Born Again having never read a Bible?

I did go to church at times, worked for a vicar would you believe, plus learnt all about the Gospel/ Jesus at school....it used to bore me silly....my ex brother in law was Born Again, I used to say to my ex husband...I don’t want none of that happy clappy rubbish.

Of course God had different plans...if I could get up on my roof....I would shout it out to my neighbors....mind you, I would probably get arrested..hehehe...I don’t mind getting arrested for the name of “ JESUS “ the Name ABOVE all other names.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you direct me to where in Acts this was said?..thanks.
So in the scripture of Acts given, the word of God related directly to God's transformational power to change our hearts and plant into us a new spirit - the word of God for salvation, the gospel, was being spread far and wide.

Acts 6:7, 8:14, 11:1 and 12:24

(Act 6:7) And the word of God increased, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith.

(Act 8:14) Now when the apostles that were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them,

(Act 11:1) Now the apostles and the brothers that were in Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God.

(Act 12:24) But the word of God grew and multiplied.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, you too had never read a Bible, yet a voice in your head prompted you to go to church out of the blue?

I did go to church at times, worked for a vicar would you believe, plus learnt all about the Gospel/ Jesus at school....it used to bore me silly....my ex brother in law was Born Again, I used to say to my ex husband...I don’t want none of that happy clappy rubbish.

Of course God had different plans...if I could get up on my roof....I would shout it out to my neighbors....mind you, I would probably get arrested..hehehe...I don’t mind getting arrested for the name of “ JESUS “ the Name ABOVE all other names.
I had a Bible, but it was given to me as a child. I also went to Sunday school when I was younger. My parents were not really religious beyond believing that there was a God. They only went to church for funerals and weddings. I never really ‘ read ‘ the Bible as an adult , and even as I child I got to he begat this and he begat that and didn’t understand the old language.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even though I had gone to church I had never read a bible. Going to church was just what you did on Sundays.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Bible, but it was given to me as a child. I also went to Sunday school when I was younger. My parents were not really religious beyond believing that there was a God. They only went to church for funerals and weddings. I never really ‘ read ‘ the Bible as an adult , and even as I child I got to he begat this and he begat that and didn’t understand the old language.
Thanks for explaining Rita.xx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even though I had gone to church I had never read a bible. Going to church was just what you did on Sundays.
I Love reading all the different testimonies.

Rita’s spoke to me, as I too was led to a church and I had to go...it was like I was being obedient to the word of God, only I didn’t know it at the time...

I see it all now though, as I’ve grown and matured in the Lord....Amazing stuff eh?xx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She also went to the same children's outreach missions as I did but I responded to Jesus there as a child but I don't think she did.
You may be pleasantly surprised to hear one day that she is Born Again....she or we never know the time or place....Praying that she comes to the Lord, that he/ The Lord draws her to Jesus by His mighty power. In Jesus Name... Amen.xx

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit that when I hear or see the word ‘ creed ‘ I automatically think of high church or Roman catholic. I think we called it ‘ statement of faith ‘ .in the evangelical and baptist church .

Reactions: Carl Emerson

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I could just add a few things about the Nicene Creed which was a statement of faith, which might explain it a bit:

It was produced for the First Council of Nicaea in 325, from the only church around at that time, the Orthodox Church, which was found both in the east and in the Roman Empire. There had been a lot of heresy and attacks on the tradition of the church passed down from the Apostles, the main one being Arianism.

The original, did not have what is called the Filioque clause: the Holy Spirit, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son. 'And the Son' is the clause that was added later by the Roman Catholic Church. This was classed as a gross disobedience to the original claim, whereas the consensus of the bishops was classed as inspired and was classed as heretical later on.

So what? You might say. Well it does make a big difference theologically as it makes the Holy Spirit less than the Father and Son. If the HS can come forth from the Father and Son, and have no person of the Trinity come forth from Him, then He is lesser.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although I said I would not moderate this thread I will just remind you that the Trinity is a banned subject - regardless of what side of the fence you stand with it , so please be cautious with how you all respond. Xxxxx

Reactions: Ritajanice

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did not mean to start a row, but as there was little/no response to my earlier statement I though it might help to describe the situation, not as regarding the doctrine of the Trinity.

The original ban is regarding the divinity of Christ is it not? Surely another question.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I don’t plan on getting into a debate about it here, you mentioned the trinity in your post , so it kind of does bring the subject up, so I was just offering a friendly warning before it becomes an issue that does need to be addressed by other moderators x

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the word of The Lord came to me". This the way of the old testament. But in the new testament the word of The Lord is with in us.

Reactions: Azim and Rita

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good morning from New Zealand...

Thanks for the lively discussion as I slept!

One point I should explain a bit more.

The Word of God existed before anything was made.

His Word (Jesus) went forth in the Power of His Spirit and the Heavans and the Earth were created from nothing.

The Father of all who have Faith is Abraham who believed that God could create something out of nothing.

All true believers, believe Jesus was raised in the flesh to life after three days in the tomb.

To believe this one must also believe God can create something out of nothing - a lifeless corpse represents no hope in human terms.

This resurrection faith also allows believers to hope for the impossible - and they will be considered foolish for doing it.

One caution is that one must cross check what one believes and hopes for with the Scripture and other believers as discernment of Truth is a gift given to the body of believers in a fellowship of Love in submission to one another.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Look how he made Adam from the dust of the ground.

www.biblegateway.com › passage › versi...
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

Then there was Eve.

Genesis 2:22-24King James Version (KJV) and the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Ecclesiastes 11:5
Audio Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

New Living Translation
Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things.

English Standard Version
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Berean Standard Bible
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the bones are formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

King James Bible
As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all

I still can’t believe that I one day will see God in His Full Glory!!

Last edited: