Error in KJV and NKJV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the NKJV and even though this error is in it, it is the only one I've found, and I've written in it the correction.

Isa. 63:11 NKJV
Then he remembered the days of old,
Moses and his people, saying:
“Where is He who brought them up out of the sea
With the [c]shepherd of His flock?
Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them,

NASB:
Then His people remembered the days of old, of Moses. Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in the midst of them,

If you know of any other errors let me know.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the NKJV and even though this error is in it, it is the only one I've found, and I've written in it the correction.

NASB:
Then His people remembered the days of old, of Moses. Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in the midst of them,

It is not an error of the KJV. It is a misunderstanding of the way English was spoken in th edays of King James! Within them in the plural usually denoted, with the people!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

No doubt the "Holy Spirit" is leading you to post a Thread that is casting Doubt on the word of God, on a public "christian" forum.

Right?
Is that what you believe?

Isn't that the Devil's work, since He first told EVE....>"never mind what God said.....let me show you the word correction".... (paraphrase).

And you told us you are a "seer"?.. is that right?

I guess you didn't SEE what i just pointed out that you are doing... with your Thread.

Maybe you will also see it now, ?????? @1stCenturyLady

Last edited:

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NASB:

The NKJV has done a lot to improve on the KJV but it still carries over some baggage from the KJV. 2 Chronicles 22:2 is a clear example: It says Ahaziah was 42 when he became king, which disagrees with 2 Kings 8:26 which says he was 22. We know 22 is the right age because if you do the math, his father Jehoram was 32 when he began to reign and reigned for 8 years, then he died. If Ahaziah was 42, that would mean he was two years older than his father when his father died. I'd like to know how this trick could be done!

Most translations have rectified this but the KJV and NKJV stubbornly refuse to, even when it couldn't be more clear it's a mistake.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt the "Holy Spirit" is leading you to post a Thread that is casting Doubt on the word of God, on a public "christian" forum.

Right?
Is that what you believe?

Isn't that the Devil's work, since He first told EVE....>"never mind what God said.....let me show you the word correction".... (paraphrase).

And you told us you are a "seer"?.. is that right?

I guess you didn't SEE what i just pointed out that you are doing... with your Thread.

Maybe you will also see it now, ?????? @1stCenturyLady
The Bible wasn't written in English. It is not God's error, but man's. Seeing as we are to live by every Word of God; it is important to know the truth of what God means.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NKJV has done a lot to improve on the KJV but it still carries over some baggage from the KJV. 2 Chronicles 22:2 is a clear example: It says Ahaziah was 42 when he became king, which disagrees with 2 Kings 8:26 which says he was 22. We know 22 is the right age because if you do the math, his father Jehoram was 32 when he began to reign and reigned for 8 years, then he died. If Ahaziah was 42, that would mean he was two years older than his father when his father died. I'd like to know how this trick could be done!

Most translations have rectified this but the KJV and NKJV stubbornly refuse to, even when it couldn't be more clear it's a mistake.
Thanks. I'll make note of that in my Bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible wasn't written in English. It is not God's error, but man's.

That is your excuse for trying to prove there are errors in God's word?

Listen, There are 30 K. GREEK New Testaments, obo, all complete., and about 25 of them are "man corrupted".

Then There are Origen's "texts". 1st Century.
There are Latin Texts.. (See Jerome) See the "cult of the Virgin".

So, none of that is the Bible.

Let me show the reader something..
= God is always bringing the end to pass... regarding all we have understood as history, right until Jesus comes back., And then there will be a bit more.
However , regarding the "church", the "body of Christ", there is an end to it, there is a "the last one in".. and its not far from now, reader.

So, God understood within His Foreknowledge, that in the End times, that are the last 6-700 years.. there is going to be a universal language and He brought this to pass and that Language is : ENGLISH...
English is the universal language Currency. Its the Language that all countries want to learn, as its sort of like the US DOLLAR..
Everyone uses it.
So, this is PREknown by God, a long time ago, and that is why the ENGLISH Language Bibles, are the Bibles.
This is by God's design.
So, when you find people who have no respect for the Bible, and want to "prove errors", and try to make you believe that the "original Greek" is the Bible, when in fact there is no such thing as an "original Greek"... bible, as there are many Greek New Testaments.

So the SPIRITUAL rule is.. .when you find a bible corrector, you are dealing with a spiritual situation, and when you find someone that says that you can't trust the bible.. which is basically the same as trying to prove there are "errors in it", then you have to immediately realize what you are dealing with, as God didn't cause anyone to become that one.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your excuse for trying to prove there are errors in God's word?

Listen, There are 30 K. GREEK New Testaments, obo, all complete., and about 25 of them are "man corrupted".

Then There are Origen's "texts". 1st Century.
There are Latin Texts.. (See Jerome) See the "cult of the Virgin".

So, none of that is the Bible.

Let me show the reader something..
= God is always bringing the end to pass... regarding of all we have understood as history, right until Jesus comes back., And then there will be a bit more.
However , regarding the "church", the "body of Christ", there is an end to it, there is a "the last one in".. and its not far from now, reader.

So, God understood within His Foreknowledge, that in the End times, that are the last 6-700 years.. there is going to be a universal language and He brought this to pass and that Language is : ENGLISH...
English is the universal language Currency. Its the Language that all countries want to learn, as its sort of like the US DOLLAR..
Everyone uses it.
So, this is PREknown by God, a long time ago, and that is why the ENGLISH Language Bibles, are the Bibles.
This is by God's design.
So, when you find people who have no respect for the Bible, and want to "prove errors", and try to make you believe that the "original Greek" is the Bible, when in fact there is no such thing as an "original Greek"... bible, as there are many Greek New Testaments.

So the SPIRITUAL rule is.. .when you find a bible corrector, you are dealing with a spiritual situation, and when you find someone that says that you can't trust the bible.. which is basically the same as trying to prove there are "errors in it", then you have to immediately realize what you are dealing with, as God didn't cause anyone to become that one.
If my post wasn't helpful to you, and you want to believe that all Israel were filled with God's Spirit, know that there are others like me who depend on the Word of God to be accurate and want to know about verses as I shared. Behold, be careful how you talk to me or I won't be able to talk to you anymore, seeing as I couldn't even have lunch with someone like you and your reviling and misjudging my heart. 1 Corinthians 5:11

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The issue you are seeing is that the Biblical text context is not always conveyed when we try and use modern English to express a concept that is embedded in one Hebrew word and the English requires a page of text to convey the same meaning.

Reactions: PS95

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NASB:

What you need to do is understand the difference in how the 16th century English and 21st Century English u8se words and how they define them.

Your example is not an error.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If my post wasn't helpful to you, and you want to believe that all Israel were filled with God's Spirit,

What i said to you, was not about your verses.

I simply told you that when you are on a Christian forum, and your Thread is attempting to cast doubt on the word of God, then the reality is, the Holy Spirit would not lead anyone to do that to the word of God..
And because you told us you are a self proclaimed "seer" and you can't SEE OR understand the real issue with your Thread, then... as i said... .this is a "situation" that you are proving yourself to own.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What i said to you, was not about your verses.

I simply told you that when you are on a Christian forum, and your Thread is attempting to cast doubt on the word of God, then the reality is, the Holy Spirit would not lead anyone to do that to the word of God..
And because you told us you are a self proclaimed "seer" and you can't SEE OR understand the real issue with your Thread, then... as i said... .this is a "situation" that you are proving yourself to own.
Could not have said it better about you owning your own denouncing of TULIP. You own it on your own as you cannot bring Gods Word to bear on those five points! The Holy Spirit would never lead anyone to refuse to use gods Word when they pretend to speak in His name.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to equivocate "calvin's doctrines of devils" with the word of God, is not an honest thing to try to prove,.. that is incredibly deceitful.... but a Calvinist can't help themselves., can they @Ronald Nolette ...
BLAH BLAH BLAGH, just trying to divert from the fact you cannot show from God why TULIP is wrong. You are a fraud

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
BLAH BLAH BLAGH, just trying to divert from the fact you cannot show from God why TULIP is wrong. You are a fraud

Calvinism is a "doctrine of Devils".

You can't change it .

Let me show you what the Devil did...

He watched Martin Luther and a few like Him revolt against the "Dark Ages" Church.. the "cult of the virgin".
This revolt, was God breathed Truth coming out of Cult of Mary, theological darkness.

So what did the Devil do?
He raised up John Calvin, at the same time, to POISON, the Protestant Church, with Calvinism.

That is what the devil does.
He bring the LIES to try to hinder the truth., always.