Do we search the scriptures or simply read our Sunday School booklets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yah, you and your whopping _ app. 2.3 % (Non-Trinitarian) of the 2.7 billion Christians. You are the specially gifted ones I guess. The Holy Spirit of Truth must have a problem breaking through the mental block of the rest of us?
Proverbs 26:4

Proverbs 23:9

Matthew 7:6

Romans 1:22

Isaiah 44:20

Jeremiah 8:8

1 Corinthians 1:20

We each, individually, are responsible to Yahweh to seek out the truth from Him and not from some teacher who claims to know. Compare their teachings with the entirety of scripture (not just your favorite translation) and let God give you the conviction of truth. If/when He does, things change.

I have found that many who have had false doctrines taught to them from an early age refuse to clear their slates and engage again in learning from God. They hold their teachings with an iron grip. But then we own what we believe. I am responsible for mine.

Php 2:12–13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Being part of a majority view does not mean the view is correct.

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the Bible cover to cover with an open mind, assuming nothing, changed my life. Ive never been the same. It ruined my trust in organized modern church but it boosted my walk with God.

Scripture is my lifeline now. I need to be in them or hearing them out loud in my ears pretty much every day.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being part of a majority view does not mean the view is correct.
Even so... Let us continue to open up our and our hearts to Him as we read, study and pray.

Lu 14:8When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
Lu 14:9And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
Lu 14:10But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Let us consider what it means to begin in the lowest room.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am definitely considering. I need to.
Years ago I began each morning, and sometimes more often, to strive to begin in the lowest room.

After a while [days, weeks or years] of reading and studying the scriptures at times I would find my head swelling with pride. "I knew so much!" [Hmmm, not really]. Now I know that next to God I know little at all and what I do know came from Him. We need to remind ourselves or He needs to remind us of that... For this reason, back to the lowest room I go!