Carbon-14 and fossil dating

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked at the canopy idea and it didn't appear physically possible without sustained power of God holding the canopy in position high in the atmosphere. I read when I looked the idea up that it was a sheet of water as a shell surrounding the earth.

Probably what happened is much different. When solar eruptions occur over time and in large amounts of proton-electron pairs from the fusion reaction of our sun which is hydrogen are directed towards the earth they might promote the production of H2O in the atmosphere or surface of the earth. And that might form a eventual mist in the atmosphere of water. The bible indicates that before the flood the dew watered the plant life upon the earth. So there is testimony from God that it was very misty.

Mist or humidity in the atmosphere can occur in high concentrations under certain conditions, one of which is a heated condition of the atmosphere.

"Warm air can possess more water vapor (moisture) than cold air, so with the same amount of absolute/specific humidity, air will have a HIGHER relative humidity if the air is cooler, and a LOWER relative humidity if the air is warmer." Discussion on Humidity

That said there are other conditions in physics that can cause higher water concentrations held in the atmosphere. A study of precipitation is useful in understand how water vapor is released from the atmosphere as well.

I am imagining clouds prior to the flood that are even at higher altitudes than what we see today. A cloud is a higher humidity phenomena. Which is why it can obscure the sun light.

And although I haven't given the flood and misty conditions prior much consideration, there are other factors such as pressure of atmosphere and more advanced ideas that could have played a roll in the initiation of a global flood.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked at the canopy idea and it didn't appear physically possible without sustained power of God holding the canopy in position high in the atmosphere. I read when I looked the idea up that it was a sheet of water as a shell surrounding the earth.

Probably what happened is much different. When solar eruptions occur over time and in large amounts of proton-electron pairs from the fusion reaction of our sun which is hydrogen are directed towards the earth they might promote the production of H2O in the atmosphere or surface of the earth. And that might form a eventual mist in the atmosphere of water. The bible indicates that before the flood the dew watered the plant life upon the earth. So there is testimony from God that it was very misty.

Mist or humidity in the atmosphere can occur in high concentrations under certain conditions, one of which is a heated condition of the atmosphere.

"Warm air can possess more water vapor (moisture) than cold air, so with the same amount of absolute/specific humidity, air will have a HIGHER relative humidity if the air is cooler, and a LOWER relative humidity if the air is warmer." Discussion on Humidity

That said there are other conditions in physics that can cause higher water concentrations held in the atmosphere. A study of precipitation is useful in understand how water vapor is released from the atmosphere as well.

I am imagining clouds prior to the flood that are even at higher altitudes than what we see today. A cloud is a higher humidity phenomena. Which is why it can obscure the sun light.

And although I haven't given the flood and misty conditions prior much consideration, there are other factors such as pressure of atmosphere and more advanced ideas that could have played a roll in the initiation of a global flood.
Do you think the earth's axis was upright before the flood?

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I was thinking about the numbering of days to a hundred and twenty years. And this happened at the same time as the flood. So some barrier may have prevented degradation of the human genome, protecting it against cosmic or solar radiation.

Reactions: dev553344

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I listed the problems I saw, and there are probably others. Whenever I read a scientific article describing the age of dinosaurs I'm always amazed at the incorrect statements made by what are called "experts" in their field. I think the problem is that having multiple degrees from Universities might be rare, mixing biology and physics, etc. Do we have an under-educated "expert" problem?

1 Timothy 6:20-21

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

The age of the dinosaurs thing is false. They existed alongside mankind. And the time periods they give don't align with the periods of events of the stories of the bible.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think the earth's axis was upright before the flood?

Much love!
The Axis could of been anywhere, but always upright !

I believe that the water form Mars or another place came as an ice Comet into our Earth.

When the ice hit, the temp dropped directly their by snap freezing even a mamoth in that area !
This would cause an imbalance of so much weight on a part of the Earth, that drove the world up side down or whatever and as you can see regarding the land mass how it's formed, the whole lot has moved and then stopped directly in line with how the world spins on an axis ? this created much of the mountain ranges, as that's how the rangers mainly line up going from nort to south and why land that once under the sea moved up wards becoming land.

Most likely the north was once the South maybe.

They have been finding so many things in Antarctica that are totaly off limits for the MSM to talk about for some years now, Obama went down their and the first man on the Moon, but they never have said why ! everything is blocked and we the people have no right to know anything at all ! It may of challenged the way that we see the world nowadays ? maybe.

That's the idiot world that we live in nowadays ! everything is hidden or covered up, we as led to believe only that of our masters of this world want to claim, so Kent Hoven challenged that and copped it for challenging such things, be it right or wrong ? he was on about huge gouges in the USA ? it must of been by a great flood or being swamped by a huge amount of water that washed over it all.

Regarding the Great Pyramids they sell a line just like any salesman does, claiming how such was built, that we could not build such nowadays that well.
But I am sure that i could do better then they did, i seen making on the walls on TV and thought hey that's the same sort of thing that i use with a type of Tile, the builder will claim that a wall is totaly flat and spot on, but no ! they would not know jack, they think it's flat and spot on but it's not to me at all, they would not have a clue, because they never work to such tolerances and most do not have the capacity to even think on that level, for they are not Masters of the subject but only a total moron on the subject in fact.
The same with painting on the walls in Rome fantastic to the majority of people but not to a master of such, for they will pick out all of the imperfections easy.
There are Churches in the world that they claim that nowadays we could never be able to build such for we do not know how they built it, that's true ! but they were masters that built such and the thing is that on such as that level, you can not have an amateur follow or pick up on what is being put forward.
When i started working in Tiling, some people would sit and watch you totaly, for they were thinking that if they did watch, then they could do such a job ? my dad said they do not have a hope in hell of picking up anything, if they try they will fail badly ! for it takes 7 years to be just ok but to become a master is way beyond most will ever make in fact in their life time.

In regards the Axis and the Flood i only have an opinion, but i am not a blind follower of everything that is claimed. that's why i say maybe.

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 6:20-21

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

The age of the dinosaurs thing is false. They existed alongside mankind. And the time periods they give don't align with the periods of events of the stories of the bible.
Not sure why you are echoing what I already stated in the OP.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking about the numbering of days to a hundred and twenty years. And this happened at the same time as the flood. So some barrier may have prevented degradation of the human genome, protecting it against cosmic or solar radiation.
I also am left wondering similar things, since some of the God discussion of not being able to exist physically in his presence for areas of God could cause a person to whither and die. And I believe Moses described a burning bush area and such. And I can't draw any conclusions either.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carbon-14 dating seems less reliable the further back you go. It presumes that the rate of decay has always been constant, which we don't know for certain. Regardless, there are environmental factors that can throw off the results.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also am left wondering similar things, since some of the God discussion of not being able to exist physically in his presence for areas of God could cause a person to whither and die. And I believe Moses described a burning bush area and such. And I can't draw any conclusions either.
The Axis can not change ! it wobbles about a bit and always has, as Stone Hendge i believe is a weather Clock regarding the Stars, so as to pridict the weather seasons somewhat ?
So as the Axis moves, so do the Ocean currents some what as well ? as this changes the weather some what.

Regardless of where the Axis is possistioned on the Earth, The Axis will never move regardless in line with the way the Earth rotates period, so lets say if the Axis was to be ended up at London ? the Axis it's self will never move off line with how it is governed as that is set regardless. even if the point was London. It rotates off a Axist regardless !

So if a great weight of Ice entered into our Earth this could set of the ballance and where the Axis settles, is who knows regarding the earth's crust !
But because the Earth spins i think that that could wobble a lot out of control or even turn upside down. but i do not think that the Axis would change and go through and settle in London say or etc.

If half of the water on earth came from Mars, that's a lot of weight set directly where it comes in. what would the earth do ? turn upside down to balance the water to the center ? directly !

They have said that the water changed from when people once lived for hundreds of years, like the OT claimes they did ? Now in regards Dinosaurs they are just Lizards say ? and such never stop growing do they ? so what if our Lizards lived for a 1000 years ? they would become very big !

Reactions: dev553344