Are Mormons Christians? (Latter Day Saints)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may, we are supposed to judge a man by the content of his character not the doctrines he holds.
That aint what JESUS said . NOT ONLY will we be judged by our actions
but TAKE HEED TO THIS WRANGER
you will be judged , either justified or CONDMENED BY YOUR WORDS , aka DOCTRINE DO MATTER DUDE . learn THE BBIBLE NOW .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JESUS seemed to debate over false doctrine A LOT
and seemed to expose it a lot and the leaders and peopples who taught it .
SO DID the apostels
and so too did the apostels warn the church to do the same .
SOME of you all are learning another jesus , another love , and man its gonna destroy and not save .
SOON enough , IF NOT already , you will even argue to not strive about doctrine with even muslims and othe religoins
just love and hug . IT WILL BE THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION of what is left of christendom too .
YOU ARE ON the wrong path my friend . you follow this thumbs up jesus who seemth to over look
errenous doctrines and errors and even sins . MY advice . OPEN UP THE BIBLE
and TRY LEARNING THAT JESUS , them apostels . YOU SEE FOR YOU how they did things . HURRY TOO
save-image.png

Reactions: amadeus

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for explaining, I think the idea people have of God once being man, actual Heavenly Father not Jesus, is when there are teachings around if you go to the Celestial kingdom you will become God of your own planet one day, therefore I think that's where the belief comes in that our Heavenly Father was once man like us on another planet so he understands our struggles of having a body of flesh (that's what I understood, please correct if I'm wrong) and then there is also teachings from Brigham Young about God (Heavenly Father) being Adam
Breaking this down into different subjects:

- I covered non-scripture speculation on the Father's past in an earlier post. Remembering that God the Son lived a mortal life is super important for that conversation.
- Christ living a mortal life does enable Him to first-hand understand and related to us better- like He literally knows first-hands what it's like to be hungry.
- The "planet" thing isn't actually LDS Christain doctrine. What is 100% doctrine: that Christ's atonement has the power to take us wretched sinners at make us 100% clean, standing on the right hand of the Father, joint heirs with Christ, becoming like Him.
- Brigham Young talking about Adam/Father: simply not doctrine.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They wont argue that JESUS is GOD or etc
but try asking them HOW GOD HIMSELF BEGAN . and you gonna hear one hell of a blapshemy .
one HELL and i do mean HELLS FIRE of a blasphemy . and that we can attain to GOD HOOD etc too
like GOD DID . I know , i know , GOD NEVER HAD TO ATTAIN TO GOD HOOD , HE ALWAYS WAS GOD
and HE HAD NO BEGINNING either . AND THIS aint the only blapshemy they do teach .
Very interesting!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Breaking this down into different subjects:

- I covered non-scripture speculation on the Father's past in an earlier post. Remembering that God the Son lived a mortal life is super important for that conversation.
- Christ living a mortal life does enable Him to first-hand understand and related to us better- like He literally knows first-hands what it's like to be hungry.
- The "planet" thing isn't actually LDS Christain doctrine. What is 100% doctrine: that Christ's atonement has the power to take us wretched sinners at make us 100% clean, standing on the right hand of the Father, joint heirs with Christ, becoming like Him.
- Brigham Young talking about Adam/Father: simply not doctrine.
Thank you, just to clarify, that would mean LDS believe God and Jesus (The Son) are one entity, not separate beings as I thought they believed the holy trinity were separate beings to one another?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, just to clarify, that would mean LDS believe God and Jesus (The Son) are one entity, not separate beings as I thought they believed the holy trinity were separate beings to one another?
Both LDS Christians and Creedal Christians believe that the Father, Son, Spirit, are 3 different persons. Example: Christ is not talking to Himself during the Lord's Prayer, He's talking to another person (the Father).

Creedal Christians have this phrase "3 persons but 1 being", which is not stated in the Bible, but based they interpret the Bible. It's also super confusing. To quote the Athanasian Creed: "Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one..." Full thing: Athanasian Creed - Wikipedia

In comparison, LDS Christians don't do this "3 persons but 1 being" thing. It's just 3 persons united as 1 God. You could say "1 way of being", as there is only that 1 shared will / goodness / glory / etc.

Reactions: jessicaleks93

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in the wrong path. Jesus may have argued about doctrine but he is the judge not us and he never commanded us to.
rather odd all the apostels did . and did teach the church to do so . Its this generation that tries to do otherwise .
Its big on REMOVING FUNDMENTAL CORE DOCTRINE . and that IS ITS PROBLEM right there .
ITS big on NOT CORRECTING THOSE WITHIN THE CHURCH
and that RIGHT THERE IS WHY THEY LEAVEND UP .
i suggest we open us some bible my friend and get reacquainted WITH THE TRUTH they LEFT FOR US TO LEARN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting!
mormonism has a rather strong hold to what is called new age mysticisms and concepts .
You should see what they taught about GOD HIMSELF . HOW HE BEGAN as a mere man . AND THEN GREW UP
into GODHOOD . TALK abouts a BIG TIME BLASPHEMY .
if folks new about new age beliefs , THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN IT within mormonism
but ITS ALSO entered into all denominations to some degree now .
Its like a hybrid religoin that blended the dark with some light and sold that junk as truth .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mormonism has a rather strong hold to what is called new age mysticisms and concepts .
You should see what they taught about GOD HIMSELF . HOW HE BEGAN as a mere man . AND THEN GREW UP
into GODHOOD . TALK abouts a BIG TIME BLASPHEMY .
if folks new about new age beliefs , THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN IT within mormonism
but ITS ALSO entered into all denominations to some degree now .
Its like a hybrid religoin that blended the dark with some light and sold that junk as truth .
And God doesn't like 'mixture'.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premortality refers to our life before we were born on this earth. In our pre-earth life, we lived in the presence of our Heavenly Father as His spirit children. We did not have a physical body.

In this premortal existence, we attended a council with Heavenly Father’s other spirit children. At that council, Heavenly Father presented His great plan of happiness.1

In harmony with the plan of happiness, the premortal Jesus Christ, the Firstborn Son of the Father in the spirit, covenanted to be the Savior.2 Those who followed Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were permitted to come to the earth to experience mortality and progress toward eternal life. Lucifer, another spirit son of God, rebelled against the plan and “sought to destroy the agency of man.”3 He became Satan, and he and his followers were cast out of heaven and denied the privileges of receiving a physical body and experiencing mortality.4

Throughout our premortal life, we developed our identity and increased our spiritual capabilities. Blessed with the gift of agency, we made important decisions, such as the decision to follow Heavenly Father’s plan. These decisions affected our life then and now. We grew in intelligence and learned to love the truth, and we prepared to come to the earth, where we could continue to progress.

Reactions: jessicaleks93

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mixture has always been the fuel and the food of the lukewarm . YOU are right indeed dear sister .
GOD didnt like it when the jews did it with baal , And HE STILL dont like it . NEVER WILL sister .
SO HE did warn didnt he . The gray is the working of the lukewarm .
but know this on the day of the LORD there was not THREE GROUPS .
its not goats on the left and sheep on the right and shoats or geep in the middle .
THERE is no gray in the eyes of the LORD . EITHER ITS TRUTH or its a lie .
EITHER its sin or its not a sin . BUT IT CANNOT BE BOTH . its SIN IF ITS BOTH .
actually is a delusion if its both . Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon ,
ye cannot love the world and GOD . by world i mean the lusts of the flesh , pride of life and etc
YE cannot serve both darkness and light
Ye cannot serve both the gospel and a false gospel . and that is a fact too .
THOUGH I do desire life for all , I TELL us all many are gonna wail on the day of the LORD for they repented not .
chose rather a lie over the truth . and its just not gonna bode well for them either .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premortality refers to our life before we were born on this earth. In our pre-earth life, we lived in the presence of our Heavenly Father as His spirit children. We did not have a physical body.

In this premortal existence, we attended a council with Heavenly Father’s other spirit children. At that council, Heavenly Father presented His great plan of happiness.1

In harmony with the plan of happiness, the premortal Jesus Christ, the Firstborn Son of the Father in the spirit, covenanted to be the Savior.2 Those who followed Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were permitted to come to the earth to experience mortality and progress toward eternal life. Lucifer, another spirit son of God, rebelled against the plan and “sought to destroy the agency of man.”3 He became Satan, and he and his followers were cast out of heaven and denied the privileges of receiving a physical body and experiencing mortality.4

Throughout our premortal life, we developed our identity and increased our spiritual capabilities. Blessed with the gift of agency, we made important decisions, such as the decision to follow Heavenly Father’s plan. These decisions affected our life then and now. We grew in intelligence and learned to love the truth, and we prepared to come to the earth, where we could continue to progress.

And...?

This is about the nature of man, not the nature of God. Marks, does your definition of God depend on man?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that all human beings, male and female, are beloved spirit children of heavenly parents, a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. This understanding is rooted in scriptural and prophetic teachings about the nature of God, our relationship to Deity, and the godly potential of men and women.1 The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints.2

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Latter-day Saints see all people as children of God in a full and complete sense; they consider every person divine in origin, nature, and potential. Each has an eternal core and is “a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents.”1 Each possesses seeds of divinity and must choose whether to live in harmony or tension with that divinity. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all people may “progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny.”2 Just as a child can develop the attributes of his or her parents over time, the divine nature that humans inherit can be developed to become like their Heavenly Father’s.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is what is gonna get most roasted more than others .
THIS lie right here . OH I BELIEVE IN JESUS , HE IS MY WAY , but their is no need for one to hAVE to believe on HIM .
that all religoins and even athiest are somehow coming to GOD in their own way .
THESE FOLKS SIMPLY USE THE NAME OF JESUS TO PROMOTE A FALSE GOSPEL a LIE . and man there is no worse place to be
than RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE , USING HIS NAME TO DECIEVE . rather they were cold or hot . Folks
better watch out is all i can say . a love that has come of the world and of the dragon
has entered within even the very realm of christendom to teach and to seduce
all to gather as one UNDER A LIE and A LIAR .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where Latter-day Saints differ from other Christian religions is in their belief that God and Jesus Christ are glorified, physical beings and that each member of the Godhead is a separate being.

The true doctrine of the Godhead was lost in the apostasy that followed the Savior’s mortal ministry and the deaths of His Apostles. This doctrine began to be restored when 14-year-old Joseph Smith received his First Vision.2 From the Prophet’s account of the First Vision and from his other teachings, we know that the members of the Godhead are three separate beings. The Father and the Son have tangible bodies of flesh and bones, and the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit.3

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that all human beings, male and female, are beloved spirit children of heavenly parents, a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. This understanding is rooted in scriptural and prophetic teachings about the nature of God, our relationship to Deity, and the godly potential of men and women.1 The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints.2

last time i checked no one created children in heaven . The angels nor us will pro create in the next life either
Spirit children created by HEAVENLY PARENTS with a PLURAL . heck that is bad enough . The only one
that creates IS GOD , not us , not angels . GOD DO . AND hey mark
MARK these next words well . GO and learn FOR YOURSELF
what they teach about GOD and HIS BEGINNING . YET GOD HAS NO BEGINNING
and mark , HE NEVER BEGAN as a man AND GREW INTO BECOMING GOD EITHER . TOTAL blapshemy
and many more blasphemeis there be . YOU are getting way too wrapped up
in this lets find common ground and get along stuff .
That now you wont even warn that dear sister JESSIKA who is considering joining THAT RELIGOIN .
Whats next mark . WE GONNA allow folks who want to follow satan TO DO SO and just hug and get along with them too .
START correcting mark . ITS NOT SIN to expose that which is false .