Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
do you think we can have the perfect mind of Christ while we walk this earth and in this body?

Yes, we are supposed to have it.

Paul said that we are to all come into the "same mind", "as many as be perfect".

So, to prevent this, The Devil raises up people like Calvin who create a Theology that deceives people, so that they can't do what Paul says.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, we are supposed to have it.
So, when you and I start arguing over what scripture is saying, that’s the perfect mind of Christ?

From my own perspective that’s our old man/ old mindset that keeps raising its ugly head, I seem to be becoming more aware of my old mindset, it’s like God has that first and foremost in my thinking....leave pride and ego at the door of the forum before entering, let the Spirit lead and not my selfish old self.....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, when you and I start arguing over what scripture is saying, that’s the perfect mind of Christ?

Im teaching Paul's NT Doctrine, you are teaching Crazy Calvinism, plus the "T" in TULIP, while denying it.

So, when you get your mind off that, then we will again agree, as we did for months, before BRIGHTFRAME and St. Steven caused you to fall back into what you were previously , on that "Calvinist" forum.

You had escaped from that MIND, for months, but now you are back again.

You can read what i posted Today, as well as 3 yrs ago.
Im the same... I only teach Paul's Theology.

• Wow

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Im teaching Paul's NT Doctrine, you are teaching Crazy Calvinism, plus the "T" in TULIP, while denying it.
Listen I’ve just spoken to you above, don’t accuse me of teaching Calvin when I don’t.

I don’t agree with your teaching, period, am I forcing you to believe what I believe...
So, when you get your mind off that, then we will again agree, as we did for months, before BRIGHTFRAME and St. Steven caused you to fall back into what you were previously , on that "Calvinist" forum.
Only the Holy Spirit If God can teach me, you are accusing the brethren of teaching falsely...
Once again you are telling me who I am in Christ, don’t do it , I post what I believe the Spirit to be leading me to say , I can’t stop the Spirit from posting what he wants me to post or say, impossible and I have no intention to being disobedient to the Living word of God he speaks to and leads my spirit on what to say, my opinion/ belief

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Once again you are telling me who I am in Christ, don’t do it

Ive never said anything to you about you being in Christ, out of Christ, or behind Christ.

You are teaching that "you believe with the Spirit" and you can't post a verse that even suggest this nonsense.

Ok then.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ive never said anything to you about you being in Christ, out of Christ, or behind Christ.

You are teaching that "you believe with the Spirit" and you can't post a verse that even suggest this nonsense.

Ok then.
I have already posted scripture, we must be Born Again of imperishable seed, which is the Living seed of God placed into our heart/ spirit.

Are you denying that?

Why does our spirit need to be Born Again, so that it can communicate with God in spirit..our spirit communicates with God..that’s why we need Spirit gives birth to spirit...

Are you denying that our spirit communicates with God via His Spirit?...we are Spirit born therefore communicate with God in Spirit and truth...Gods Spirit brings our spirit to understand God’s truth.which is relayed to our mind...our minds are being renewed as soon as we become Born Again.

Our minds are being renewed to think as Jesus thought...we are to have the mind of Christ, not the mind of self..our old mindset is what is continually being renewed.by the power of the Spirit who indwells our spirit...

Why does Spirit gives birth to spirit....why is that needed?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You posted ZERO scripture that says anything about the "spirit believing".
Faith is graciously given to believers by God himself. As a divine gift, faith is neither transient nor impotent. It has an abiding quality that guarantees that it will endure to the end. The familiar words of Habakkuk 2:4, “The righteous will live by his faith” (cf.
And you haven’t been able to post scripture to show it doesn’t, then avoid most of my questions, why does Spirit gives birth to spirit need to happen, and why?

What does the Spirit birth?
You can't be born again, unless God's Holy Spirit causes the "new Birth".
We cant be Born Again unless God makes our spirit Born Again...then and only then are we in the Spirit of Christ....our spirit has then been birthed into Christ Spirit....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

What in you communicates with God @Behold ?

Just your mind?

Why must we be Born Again of imperishable seed?

Once again we are both forcing each other to believe the way we believe..or at least that is what I see you posting @Behold , then I retaliate and explain how I was Born Again, which you won’t accept....best we stop right there, before it gets out of hand once more, then admin and mods will be involved.

My testimony and belief are mine they are not that of John Calvin....you better stop forcing me to believe as you do....i NEVER will.....and accuse me of not being Born Again.because I don’t believe the way you do..

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith is graciously given to believers by God himself. As a divine gift,

No verse says that a """divine gift of faith""" is given to UNBELIEVERS..

As its the UNBELIEVER who believes.

So, here is what happened to you...

You were born again, just like everyone else... and you had NO THEOLOGY< yet.

THEN, you were conned by a Calvinist, maybe on a forum or somewhere, as they told you..

= "This is what happened to you".........and now you are teaching THAT....

Its really that simple.

Remember now...when you came to Jesus, you didnt have any theology, and now you are nothing but Calvinism, all over this Forum, just like you were on WorthyCrtForums..., before they gave you a permanent vacation.

You can't teach it, unless you've learned it ,and you can deny it, and be honest, when all your posts and THREAD prove what you are doing here.

And no, the HOLY Spirit, does not teach : Calvinism... so, dont insult the Holy Spirit, and remember...= the Holy Spirit is not a Calvinist, @Ritajanice

-ok then.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No verse says that a """divine gift of faith""" is given to UNBELIEVERS..
I have never implied such a thing, the divine gift of Faith is given after God d brings us to repentance / Godly sorrow , then he brings us to believe initially in the name of Jesus, the Faith delivered to our spirit by the seed of the Living God...Born Again of imperishable seed that LIVETH, in our spirit...that’s where we are Born Again just as Gods word says....Spirit gives birth to spirit?..meaning?
As its the UNBELIEVER who believes.
The unbeliever is brought to believe by God.
So, here is what happened to you...

You were born again, just like everyone else... and you had NO THEOLOGY< yet.

THEN, you were conned by a Calvinist, maybe on a forum or somewhere, as they told you..

= "This is what happened to you".........and now you are teaching THAT....
No I was Born Again of imperishable seed that Liveth....you 100% don’t understand that the Living word of God is what we need to be Born Again of.

Instead you believe the imperishable seed,is planted by you on one of your threads ,or by watching a tv programme the seed could be planted...that is a seed that you minister.

Our seed is the Holy Spirit, that is the seed that our spirit is Born Again of......that knowledge is foreign to you ?
Its really that simple.

Remember now...when you came to Jesus, you didnt have any theology, and now you are nothing but Calvinism, all over this Forum, just like you were on WorthyCrtForums..., before they gave you a permanent vacation.

You can't teach it, unless you've learned it ,and you can deny it, and be honest, when all your posts and THREAD prove what you are doing here.

And no, the HOLY Spirit, does not teach : Calvinism... so, dont insult the Holy Spirit, and remember...= the Holy Spirit is not a Calvinist, @Ritajanice

-ok then.
The word I post comes from the Living word of God....and I will deny all of your false accusations that I teach Calvin that is a lie from the enemy.....you always get personal with others if they don’t agree with your doctrine.

You accuse me of teaching Calvin I will call you out every time and say the reasons why you call me a Calvinist.....I won’t have you taint my Born Again Name..........because you don’t understand the Living word that I preach, i will call you a liar....

Now, instead of posting “ your” word....challenge me using scripture and I will do the same, thanks,xx

And once again no answers to my questions that I asked , ?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if it helps the conversation at all. My point is that what some here are proclaiming is a divine message direct from God apart from His written word which is simply not there. Such a direct divine message is what may be referred to as the doctrine of illumination. That is a false doctrine. It is a doctrine that assumes the written word of God which we have as the Bible is incomplete and insufficient. It is neither. That in itself perhaps does not address the basic topic of this thread, but it does highlight the fact that some of what is being posted here is simply scripturally false.

Most of what is being discussed here now has nothing to do with the OP thread, i.e., the role of water baptism in the gospel message. I would be happy to get back to that but discussing it among posters who think they have legitimate instruction direct from God is all rather useless.
2 wrongs do not make a right.

Don't be as others..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, many things of God are compromised to fit a popular doctrine under the label of "interpreting." A time-tested method of Hermaneutics states that a statement that make sense as written needs no other interpretation.

The golden rule of interpretation is: “When the plain sense of the scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense.” Therefore, take every word at its primary, usual, meaning, unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and fundamental truths, clearly indicate otherwise.

The modern way of thinking that baptism is a "work" is fallacious. Man is not performing a work when submitting to God. Baptism is when God works.

These three passages are easy to understand. The writers spoke the outcome of submitting themselves to be baptized. There was a time when people attempted to tell folks that the water itself had power. That was another time when people would dream up their own interpretations and was equally wrong.

Jesus instructed His disciples to baptize converts. If there is no point to it, why would He tell them to?

If I wanted to cause the downfall of the church Jesus initiated, I could start by telling people that they have no need to be baptized.

I, for one, will never try to tell people that Jesus had no reason to instruct His disciples to be baptized upon conversion.
1. I am not telling anyone not to be baptized. But your so stuck on water regeneration you can't see beyond that.
2. Jesus did not contradict himself. The fact he gave the gospel in multiple chapters in the book of john and never once mentioned baptism is more than enough to stop us in our tracks when we see someone else apparently add water baptism to the gospel (unless we are predisposed to believe in water baptism regeneration)
3. We work for a reward. or a wage. Paul makes this clear in Eph 2 and Romans 4. In fact as he showed Titus, it is not by our good deeds that he saved us, but by his mercy. You get mercy when you can not earn or receieve something out of your own merit. So to say we must "merit" salvation by the work of water baptism is an error of the highest degree. and again, In my view, blasphemy of the spirit. Because you are in effect saying your pastor does the work of baptism which saved, Not God the Holy Spirit himself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wow, now it all makes sense, i wonder what happened a few months ago. I missed that.. but it makes total sense now

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sis, You should not deny the truth. Your teaching Calvinism. You may not agree that you are. but you are. Calvin has the fatalistic views you are espousing

Everyone believes differently, I understand that now, and will question no ones faith.....

I understand all about the Spirit that called you and Behold, it just didn’t happen that way for me,

I Love you 2 very much, even though we have had hissy fits along the way.

You are very much my Brothers in Christ.
God Bless, I think I said I left this thread, just answering you...God Bless,xxx

Reactions: pompadour and Nancy

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. I am not telling anyone not to be baptized. But your so stuck on water regeneration you can't see beyond that.
2. Jesus did not contradict himself. The fact he gave the gospel in multiple chapters in the book of john and never once mentioned baptism is more than enough to stop us in our tracks when we see someone else apparently add water baptism to the gospel (unless we are predisposed to believe in water baptism regeneration)
3. We work for a reward. or a wage. Paul makes this clear in Eph 2 and Romans 4. In fact as he showed Titus, it is not by our good deeds that he saved us, but by his mercy. You get mercy when you can not earn or receieve something out of your own merit. So to say we must "merit" salvation by the work of water baptism is an error of the highest degree. and again, In my view, blasphemy of the spirit. Because you are in effect saying your pastor does the work of baptism which saved, Not God the Holy Spirit himself.
No, that is not what I said. God does the work when we submit to water baptism.

Since you do not believe in baptism, can you tell me why Jesus instructed his disciples to baptize the converts?

Reactions: JBO

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what I said. God does the work when we submit to water baptism.
then we are saved by works, not by grace. You can not mix grace and works. they cancel out each other.
Since you do not believe in baptism, can you tell me why Jesus instructed his disciples to baptize the converts?
I believe in baptism

I believe God baptized (place me into) the death and burial of Christ, the body of Christ, and into Christ himself and this spiritual baptism is the circumcision done without the hand of man.

I also believed, as a new disciple of Christ, I was to be baptized in water as an open testimony of my faith in Christ, which is exactly what it was. I professed my faith in Christ, I professed he saved me. I professed I became his child all based on the cross.

Then my pastor baptized me in water. And I have baptized a few new disciples myself in my many years..

But my true baptism occurred almost a year earlier when I called out to God to be saved

Reactions: mailmandan