Most accurate modern translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for heavens sake...

The holy spirit in the following verses you quote are the gift which is our new birth. It is not God. We don't receive God. We receive His gift.

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Acts 5:32
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”
Too bad they changed to the "Holy Spirit from the Holy Ghost of older days....

That way if God's gift was our born again = Holy Ghost... we could all walk around saying we have been ghosted..... in a wonderful way

All I know is the Holy Spirit abides in me and The Spirit dwells inside every true Christian. The body of faithful Christians becomes His temple (1 Corinthians 3:16).

Wont bug you with any more as it has not been given to you to understand.

FYI
https://www.ewtn.com › catholicism › library › holy-ghost-and-holy-spirit-4627

Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit | EWTN

Holy Spirit therefore is now universally used in all official texts, and over the last 50 years or so has become common usage. The expression Holy Ghost, however, when properly understood, retains its validity in the context of personal prayer for those who wish to continue using it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some similar beliefs to us…..one important one is that the trinity is false.….and a few other things.

The Trinity is not false, it is a good term, it is the one God formula that is false. Three Gods in a Godhead is the truth, but all three are full fledged Gods.

It is the Jehovah’s Witnesses that are false, denying the deity of Yeshua is a sin in Christianity. Give evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter. So that is aimed at you….not out of hatred….Christians are not suppose to tolerate any anti-Christ religions. Find a true Christian religion before this one leads you to Hell.

I have been in kingdom halls, I know what they do and I have worked with professional interventionists to save women and children from its grip. I have heard the response from the people that have been programmed. It is the same kind of responses you get from any other cult. People that condemn this religion and tell you get out of it, is true and caring advice.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad they changed to the "Holy Spirit from the Holy Ghost of older days....

That way if God's gift was our born again = Holy Ghost... we could all walk around saying we have been ghosted..... in a wonderful way

All I know is the Holy Spirit abides in me and The Spirit dwells inside every true Christian. The body of faithful Christians becomes His temple (1 Corinthians 3:16).

Wont bug you with any more as it has not been given to you to understand.

FYI
https://www.ewtn.com › catholicism › library › holy-ghost-and-holy-spirit-4627

Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit | EWTN

Holy Spirit therefore is now universally used in all official texts, and over the last 50 years or so has become common usage. The expression Holy Ghost, however, when properly understood, retains its validity in the context of personal prayer for those who wish to continue using it.
The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logic is your downfall.
I have demonstrated you and your organization fail in discerning the Word of God.
You have logically trashed the deity of Jesus.
John 1
Kills all your argument.
Gen 1 also destroys your false logic.
Hebrew's 1 has the Father ascribing God to Jesus.
Angels and men worship Jesus.
WITHOUT ANY REBUKE.
He is worthy of my worship.
He is God.
Heaven and earth testify of your perversion of the bible and Jehovah and Jesus.
If we should ever bump into each other in heaven it will go like this. I will be sitting maybe on a rock near you sipping on some green tea and you will say all so softly and gentle like that you were a gazillion percent so sure that Jesus was God. And then you will say... but I was so wrong and you were right all along.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many groups?

I know Jews and Islam do not believe in a triune God. what other christian groups do not believe it.

I only know of one group that calls themselves christian (Maybe two. Mormons believe Jesus and satan are brothers) .. What are the other groups?
Here's a group that I have listened to for a few hours on Youtube. I have not heard this one, but I post it here to answer your question as to who else is like me.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a group that I have listened to for a few hours on Youtube. I have not heard this one, but I post it here to answer your question as to who else is like me.

thank you for answering

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For heavens sake is right.. How can you deny all the verses I gave yet still deny that the HS is a being, not a thing

He teaches

He seals

He comforts.

Its not a new birth, where do you get this from?

even in the one verse you posted. the holy spirit is a WHO, not a Thing.
Almost every English version translates John 14:17 similarly to “even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him.” Translators capitalize “Spirit” and use “he” and “him” because of their theology. The Greek word “spirit” is neuter and the text could also be translated as “the spirit of truth” and paired with “which” and “it.” The New American Bible reads “which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it.” Capitalizing the “H” and “S” and using the English pronoun “He” is appropriate when God is being referred to as “the Holy Spirit.” However, when we see the “h” and “s” having the lower case such as "the holy spirit" and all the pronouns referring to that spirit being impersonal such as “it” and “which” is when the subject under discussion is the gift of God’s nature.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So they can't rap their head around that there are many groups who do not believe in the trinity. Thus, they have to think we all must be then just one group?
Apparently anyone who departs from Christendom’s views are all tarred with one brush…..JW’s are the ones who cop the most flack probably because we are the most well known for our beliefs. Jesus told us to expect the same treatment that he got….and for the same reasons….
John 15:18-21….
”If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me.”

We, who are not “part of the world“ or who are not “friends with the world” are ostracized because we ‘know the one who sent Jesus’….and follow Christ in all his teaching by not being part of this world and how it is governed…we don’t vote nor do we meddle in politics…..because we know who is running this show. (1 John 5:19; John 18:36) And because currying friendship with the world makes us “enemies of God” (James 4:4) we have nothing to do with the devil’s chosen rulers. (Luke 4:5-8)

‘If you don’t run with the mob…you must be wrong’…..Jesus shattered that myth.

Reactions: TheHC

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure how I have not addressed the creation issue. What did I miss?
I wonder that too @Peterlag…..even when we provide scriptural proof for our individual beliefs, he acts like nothing was said….in one ear and out the other…..he talks about “your organization” when you have clearly stated that you don’t have one…….perhaps there is nothing there to collect the knowledge of anything he disagrees with….oh well, we will let him rave on….apparently he thinks that any correction or explanation is just disguised hatred…..?
And he thinks other people are sad….. :no reply: he needs to read his own posts….

Reactions: TheHC

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently anyone who departs from Christendom’s views are all tarred with one brush…..JW’s are the ones who cop the most flack probably because we are the most well known for our beliefs. Jesus told us to expect the same treatment that he got….and for the same reasons….
John 15:18-21….
”If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me.”

We, who are not “part of the world“ or who are not “friends with the world” are ostracized because we ‘know the one who sent Jesus’….and follow Christ in all his teaching by not being part of this world and how it is governed…we don’t vote nor do we meddle in politics…..because we know who is running this show. (1 John 5:19; John 18:36) And because currying friendship with the world makes us “enemies of God” (James 4:4) we have nothing to do with the devil’s chosen rulers. (Luke 4:5-8)

‘If you don’t run with the mob…you must be wrong’…..Jesus shattered that myth.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses thrive on what they call persecution. Like because Christians denounce their religion, that is proof that they are the true religion. Again a cult tactic. How many new JW’s have you told that to. How many new JW’s have you taught how to deceive people into letting them come into their home.

You forget I have been there. I have sat with the group as they practiced their deceptions. They have their own Bible but when they go to deceive people they carry the King James Version to try to make people think they are Christians and the KJV itself denies the deity of Christ. Well the KJV is messed up, but not that messed up.

When they come to my house, my family gathers around to watch what is going to happen. Ever noticed that they never bring their children along on these deception crusades? There is a reason for that.

In a lot of ways I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are Jew wannabes. But as it is they are not Jews or Christians, which means they are in neither covenant. And depending on which Jehovah’s Witness you talk to, they have some odd ideas on what covenant means and if we are in the new covenant and Hell and even Heaven.

Again, run! Christianity is a virtual smorgasbord of religions that can lead you to Heaven, why pick one that leads you to Hell. It is like a den of thieves that do not believe in prison. Don’t worry you will not be punished, prisons do not exist.

Reactions: Jude Thaddeus

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder that too @Peterlag…..even when we provide scriptural proof for our individual beliefs, he acts like nothing was said….in one ear and out the other…..he talks about “your organization” when you have clearly stated that you don’t have one…….perhaps there is nothing there to collect the knowledge of anything he disagrees with….oh well, we will let him rave on….apparently he thinks that any correction or explanation is just disguised hatred…..?
And he thinks other people are sad….. :no reply: he needs to read his own posts….
I have gotten that from a few people. They say I have not answered the question and then they go on saying because I have no answers. I never know what they are talking about. I can respond to anything from the New Testament if I understand the question. There is nothing that I don't understand concerning the New Testament. I do enjoy you sharing because I sometimes wonder what did I miss? Maybe I did not see a post he's referring to.

There's a bunch of different religions on here and most think the next person should be able to understand theirs. A good example is the bride of Christ. It's a figure of speech referring only to Israel. Has nothing to do with the body of Christ for the Christian. And yet if I don't respond to the bride of Christ. Folks think I don't understand it. It does not even exist. There's not going to be a wedding. Nobody is getting married when Christ returns.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is not false, it is a good term, it is the one God formula that is false. Three Gods in a Godhead is the truth, but all three are full fledged Gods.

It is the Jehovah’s Witnesses that are false, denying the deity of Yeshua is a sin in Christianity. Give evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter. So that is aimed at you….not out of hatred….Christians are not suppose to tolerate any anti-Christ religions. Find a true Christian religion before this one leads you to Hell.

I have been in kingdom halls, I know what they do and I have worked with professional interventionists to save women and children from its grip. I have heard the response from the people that have been programmed. It is the same kind of responses you get from any other cult. People that condemn this religion and tell you get out of it, is true and caring advice.
Such vehemence! Grief!

This is the second post of yours that I’ve read, but you provide no Scriptural evidence to support your claims… all you’re doing is ranting & attacking.

People act this way, when their argument is weak. I must assume yours is, too.

You say “true Christian religion”. What would that be to you?

I notice you don’t offer an alternative.

Have one?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He’s talking to Himself, then? So we have a God that’s schizophrenic?

Either that, or God is just talking to someone else.
There's a whole bunch of angels and angel like creatures with God. I don't know why we must always believe there's nobody around Him. Only Himself in the form of Jesus.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such vehemence! Grief!

This is the second post of yours that I’ve read, but you provide no Scriptural evidence to support your claims… all you’re doing is ranting & attacking.

People act this way, when their argument is weak. I must assume yours is, too.

You say “true Christian religion”. What would that be to you?

I notice you don’t offer an alternative.

Have one?

Scriptures for what? That God exists!!! Ok! Start in Geneses and read to Revelation. Let me know when you are done. The Jehovah’s Witnesses is a religion of lies and apply their beliefs in a deceptive manner that they practice to deceive others.

Their founder Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916) was a liar with big issues. There is no Professor of Greek that looks at their translation favorably. They keep the interventionists busy. And like I said I was there I witnessed them practice twisting the scriptures and practicing to deceive people to let them in their homes.

The religion originated in the mid 19th century and was not based on any Christian religious beliefs before that. Considering their beliefs are based on one man and considering their practices it would be fair to classify them as a cult. Cults persecute those that leave their religion as the Jehovah’s Witnesses do. They will even excommunicate family members. They have a tendency to be abusive within their religion, hence the need for interventionists and at times the need for law enforcement. It is an evil religion and all of this I have seen for myself.

I have a friend that use to run recovery ranches for young adults and I have talked to some of the runaways from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and sometimes requested to talk to them by law enforcement. And some of their minds were so twisted that they may be in therapy for life.

One little female told me that her father tied her naked to a tree in the winter as a punishment and beat her mother for trying to untie her. Of course I heard stories of sexual abuse of girls and boys, but then that happens in any religion. But what is unique with the Jehovah’s Witnesses is that the family will allow it to continue and will not report it and their chuch will even defend them. One girl in her teens told me that her father made her sleep with him and his wife and that started when she was six and lasted until she was 15 and she ran away. That one made the local papers when the father and mother were arrested. Like I said, I have witnessed all of this.

I was at a church when a runaway wife showed up crying and asking for help….runaway she was on foot. Then her husband made the mistake of showing up and trying to drag her out in the middle of the service. It was a good thing that a couple state troopers were there because I was going to pick him up by his throat. The troopers arrested him and child services rescued the children.

Jehovah’s Witness Sex Abuse Lawsuits - LevyLaw

Jehovah's Witnesses' handling of child sex abuse - Wikipedia

Hidden Abuse Under the Watchtower Archives - Reveal

159 report being sexually abused as Jehovah’s Witnesses | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis

Former Pa. Jehovah's Witness pleads guilty to sexually assaulting 2 children

How Common Is Jehovah’s Witness Child Sexual Abuse?

And this is a short list. Type sexual molestation in the jehovah’s witnesses on the web to get a longer list.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a whole bunch of angels and angel like creatures with God. I don't know why we must always believe there's nobody around Him. Only Himself in the form of Jesus.
We are talking in the beginning.

We are also talking about a first person statement.

And God (elohim) Noun, Common, Masculin, Plural)

said "let US Make" - (NaSe(h) to make manufacture do)

The fact that the term written, "Gods" is plural.

and the fact that he said make is first person (us) is also plural.

is more than enough evidence to say God is saying to himself (plural) that he wishes to create man in our image, our likeness,

No angels are involved.. There is not even any evidence angels were created at this time..

The literal translation should say the Gods said, Let us make man in our image..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures for what? That God exists!!! Ok! Start in Geneses and read to Revelation. Let me know when you are done. The Jehovah’s Witnesses is a religion of lies and apply their beliefs in a deceptive manner that they practice to deceive others.

Their founder Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916) was a liar with big issues. There is no Professor of Greek that looks at their translation favorably. They keep the interventionists busy. And like I said I was there I witnessed them practice twisting the scriptures and practicing to deceive people to let them in their homes.

The religion originated in the mid 19th century and was not based on any Christian religious beliefs before that. Considering their beliefs are based on one man and considering their practices it would be fair to classify them as a cult. Cults persecute those that leave their religion as the Jehovah’s Witnesses do. They will even excommunicate family members. They have a tendency to be abusive within their religion, hence the need for interventionists and at times the need for law enforcement. It is an evil religion and all of this I have seen for myself.

I have a friend that use to run recovery ranches for young adults and I have talked to some of the runaways from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and sometimes requested to talk to them by law enforcement. And some of their minds were so twisted that they may be in therapy for life.

One little female told me that her father tied her naked to a tree in the winter as a punishment and beat her mother for trying to untie her. Of course I heard stories of sexual abuse of girls and boys, but then that happens in any religion. But what is unique with the Jehovah’s Witnesses is that the family will allow it to continue and will not report it and their chuch will even defend them. One girl in her teens told me that her father made her sleep with him and his wife and that started when she was six and lasted until she was 15 and she ran away. That one made the local papers when the father and mother were arrested. Like I said, I have witnessed all of this.

I was at a church when a runaway wife showed up crying and asking for help….runaway she was on foot. Then her husband made the mistake of showing up and trying to drag her out in the middle of the service. It was a good thing that a couple state troopers were there because I was going to pick him up by his throat. The troopers arrested him and child services rescued the children.

Jehovah’s Witness Sex Abuse Lawsuits - LevyLaw

Jehovah's Witnesses' handling of child sex abuse - Wikipedia

Hidden Abuse Under the Watchtower Archives - Reveal

159 report being sexually abused as Jehovah’s Witnesses | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis

Former Pa. Jehovah's Witness pleads guilty to sexually assaulting 2 children

How Common Is Jehovah’s Witness Child Sexual Abuse?

And this is a short list. Type sexual molestation in the jehovah’s witnesses on the web to get a longer list.
sounds like almost any cult

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In rev ( possibly rev 5) the Son, Jesus takes the scroll out of the Fathers hand.
We see two persons of the God head vividly depicted together

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking in the beginning.

We are also talking about a first person statement.

And God (elohim) Noun, Common, Masculin, Plural)

said "let US Make" - (NaSe(h) to make manufacture do)

The fact that the term written, "Gods" is plural.

and the fact that he said make is first person (us) is also plural.

is more than enough evidence to say God is saying to himself (plural) that he wishes to create man in our image, our likeness,

No angels are involved.. There is not even any evidence angels were created at this time..

The literal translation should say the Gods said, Let us make man in our image..
Yes All things are created.
Only God is not created.
Jesus created all things.
Angels are created.
Angels were there when God created man
Angels that God created.
Jesus is our creator
Jesus is God

The Father is God

The Holy Spirit is God.
So simple
So Word Of God
So true

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He’s talking to Himself, then? So we have a God that’s schizophrenic?

Either that, or God is just talking to someone else.
You just stumbled on the watchtower impasse.
Think about it.
Only the trinity works
You just testified to it.
Get out if that cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.