God the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 20:28 KJV
28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Acts 13:2 KJV
2) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Acts 5:3-4 KJV
3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Mark 13:11 KJV
11) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

John 14:26 KJV
26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts 1:16 KJV
16) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Acts 15:28 KJV
28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Acts 16:6 KJV
6) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Acts 20:23 KJV
23) Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Acts 21:11 KJV
11) And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

Romans 15:16 KJV
16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Hebrews 3:7 KJV
7) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hebrews 9:8 KJV
8) The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Said "separate me Barnabas and Saul to the work whereunto I have called them.
Can be lied to, and that lie is to God.
Can be grieved, that is, made very sad.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

And all this signifies to me . . . the Holy Spirit is a Person within the Godhead.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
To deny, deny, deny will send ppl to a place of great and eternal torment, so too will our Lord deny them.
What a chance ppl take in doing so.

The Holy Ghost is as faithful and sure in his work through us as God, the Father and God, the Son. He directs us deep into the word of God, prays for our infirminities when we cannot put it into words and bears his fruit through us IF we allow him to.

To quench and grieve the Spirit of God is such a self destroying sin for Jesus sent him here to be our helper and give us power to stand fast and firm !

I feel bad for ppl that do not know the Spirit's fullness nor his part as God. They never grow past a certain point in their walk but continually bump into that wall of stubborness and disobedience.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

2) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

11) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

16) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

6) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

23) Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

11) And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

8) The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

And all this signifies to me . . . the Holy Spirit is a Person within the Godhead.

Much love!

If the Holy Spirit is a Person within the Godhead, why do you quote verses that use the words "Holy Ghost"? Time to change to a better translation!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

Much love!

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.”

(Romans 8:16, KJV)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Holy Spirit is a Person within the Godhead, why do you quote verses that use the words "Holy Ghost"? Time to change to a better translation!
It's OK, both translate pneuma. I like the KJV. I've worked with many translations over the years, as well as a variety of the different interlinear translations, and, I like the KJV.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Holy Ghost" is a perfectly accurate translation corresponding to the German "Heilige Geist" in Luther's translation (1522-1545). So the KJV translators thought it most appropriate. In fact Martin Luther wrote a hymn in which he calls the Holy Spirit "Lord God":

Komm, Heiliger Geist, Herre Gott,

Erfüll mit deiner Gnaden Gut
Deiner Gläubigen Herz, Mut und Sinn,
Dein' brünstig Lieb' entzünd' in ihn'n!
O Herr, durch deines Lichtes Glast
Zu dem Glauben versammelt hast
Das Volk aus aller Welt Zungen;
Das sei dir, Herr, zu Lob gesungen!
Halleluja! Halleluja!

Come, Holy Spirit, Lord God,
fill with the goodness of your grace
the heart, spirit and mind of your believers,
kindle in them your ardent love !
O Lord, through the splendour of your light
you have gathered in faith
people from all the tongues of the world;
so that in your praise Lord, may there be sung
Halleluja! Halleluja!

In the KJV Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are interchangeable, since "Ghost" means "Spirit". And here is what it means: "the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
To deny, deny, deny will send ppl to a place of great and eternal torment, so too will our Lord deny them.
What a chance ppl take in doing so.

The Holy Ghost is as faithful and sure in his work through us as God, the Father and God, the Son. He directs us deep into the word of God, prays for our infirminities when we cannot put it into words and bears his fruit through us IF we allow him to.

To quench and grieve the Spirit of God is such a self destroying sin for Jesus sent him here to be our helper and give us power to stand fast and firm !

I feel bad for ppl that do not know the Spirit's fullness nor his part as God. They never grow past a certain point in their walk but continually bump into that wall of stubborness and disobedience.
Yes, and it's a sad thing when we close ourselves off from the fulness of God.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Descending . . . Active voice verb . . . meaning, the action is being done by the subject of the clause, the Spirit of God. He Himself descends, as opposed to this meaning, "the Spirit of God was sent down", or something like that.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jim, if it doesn't cause any confusion, then what does it matter?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Even among adherents of the Nicene orthodoxy an uncertainty still for a time prevailed respecting the doctrine of the third person of the Holy Trinity. Some held the Spirit to be an impersonal power or attribute of God; others, at farthest, would not go beyond the expressions of the Scriptures. Gregory of Nazianzen, who, for his own part believed and taught the consubstantiality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son, so late as 380 made the remarkable concession: ‘Of the wise among us, some consider the Holy Ghost an influence, others a creature, others God himself, and again others know not which way to decide, from reverence, as they say, for the Holy Scripture, which declares nothing exact in the case. For this reason they waver between worshipping and not worshipping the Holy Ghost, and strike a middle course, which is in fact, a bad one.”

(Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, §128 The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)

HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH*

The church in the 4th century was still struggling with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Why?

Reactions: APAK and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Even among adherents of the Nicene orthodoxy an uncertainty still for a time prevailed respecting the doctrine of the third person of the Holy Trinity. Some held the Spirit to be an impersonal power or attribute of God; others, at farthest, would not go beyond the expressions of the Scriptures. Gregory of Nazianzen, who, for his own part believed and taught the consubstantiality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son, so late as 380 made the remarkable concession: ‘Of the wise among us, some consider the Holy Ghost an influence, others a creature, others God himself, and again others know not which way to decide, from reverence, as they say, for the Holy Scripture, which declares nothing exact in the case. For this reason they waver between worshipping and not worshipping the Holy Ghost, and strike a middle course, which is in fact, a bad one.”

(Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, §128 The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)

HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH*

The church in the 4th century was still struggling with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Why?

Because it is a mystery. What the institutional establishment finally decided on was what gave them control over the assembly. Making the Holy Spirit to be in name only rather than in power contradicts the Bible as to the purpose of the Holy Spirit in the world.

Paul preached not only in word but also in power. Is there any wonder why there is no longer such power in the church? Reducing God's overcoming power to a formula takes away God's actual presence from the equation. Once people got used to the Spirit's absence from the church...the Trinity notion could take root. Men can control a church that doesn't rely on the power of God. hence the decoy church was established. And people were satisfied with that...as they can get on with their temporal pursuits undisturbed by the challenge of a holy God.

If God's Spirit is a separate person from Him...then is the Spirit of Christ also a separate person from Christ? In that case there are 4 persons not 3. If Jesus is truly God...which He is... then why would His Spirit be less a person than His Father's.

The only reasonable way to see the GodHead in a way that preserves the power and presence of God in an ongoing way is to see God as the Father and Son united in ONE Holy Spirit. So then the GodHead is a Binaty, not a Trinity.

The Holy Spirit is not separate from the Spirit of God...God IS Spirit.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

Much love!

Nope the holy spirit is not a person, it is a force that is used in many ways. Each of us are actually kept alive by one of it's aspects Mark, the breath of life. When that breath/spirit goes out we no longer have life. A good example of recognizing the holy spirit is not a being can be seen in Acts Chapter 2 when the helper was sent sir.

Reactions: APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because it is a mystery. What the institutional establishment finally decided on was what gave them control over the assembly. Making the Holy Spirit to be in name only rather than in power contradicts the Bible as to the purpose of the Holy Spirit in the world.

Paul preached not only in word but also in power. Is there any wonder why there is no longer such power in the church? Reducing God's overcoming power to a formula takes away God's actual presence from the equation. Once people got used to the Spirit's absence from the church...the Trinity notion could take root. Men can control a church that doesn't rely on the power of God. hence the decoy church was established. And people were satisfied with that...as they can get on with their temporal pursuits undisturbed by the challenge of a holy God.

If God's Spirit is a separate person from Him...then is the Spirit of Christ also a separate person from Christ? In that case there are 4 persons not 3. If Jesus is truly God...which He is... then why would His Spirit be less a person than His Father's.

The only reasonable way to see the GodHead in a way that preserves the power and presence of God in an ongoing way is to see God as the Father and Son united in ONE Holy Spirit. So then the GodHead is a Binaty, not a Trinity.

The Holy Spirit is not separate from the Spirit of God...God IS Spirit.

Thank you for presenting the binitarian perspective. Your voice is typically drowned out on Internet forums dominated by trinitarians and unitarians. It needs to be heard.

The Church began as a sect of Judaism. Church history documents a gradual shift away from the Jewish unitary monotheism of Jesus and the first Christians to trinitarian monotheism. The development of the post-biblical doctrine took time; lots of time. Centuries.

Even in the late 4th century there still existed church leadership which resisted the shift, to one degree or another. The trinitarian doctrine of the Holy Spirit won out in the end. Failure to go along with it resulted in expulsion, persecution and even torture and execution. Christianity not at its finest.

The most creative answer I’ve received to the question I asked came from a student who insisted that the reason Church leadership was struggling with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit in the 4th century was because they didn’t have access to the KJV.

Reactions: APAK

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks,
I hope you don't mind me adding some scriptures to your list. This a very important topic and study.
"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
We are given power and the ability to witness by the Holy Spirit.

" I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Matt.3:11
We are baptized by the Holy Spirit.

"but he blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation” Mark 3:29
Be careful not to speak anything false against or negative about the Holy Spirit.

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17
We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, The Helper dwells in us.

“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me." John 15:26
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the Triune God.
He testifies of Christ, the TRUTH.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:" John 16:7-8
He convicts us.

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you." John 16:13-15
He guides, listens and glorifies Christ.

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise," Eph. 1:13
He seals our salvation, it's spiritually a done deal.

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Rom. 5:5
He loves us.

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Rom. 8:26-27
He is omniscient and omnipresent.

"Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me," Rom. 15:30
" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Gal. 5:22-23
He grows fruit within us.

"And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Cor. 6:11
We were washed, sanctified and justified by the Holy Spirit.

"for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:21
Prophecy, the truth about the future, comes to men by the Holy Spirit.

" Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." Phi. 2:1-2
He comforts us and fellowships with us.

" And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit," 1 Thes. 1:6
The joy of the Lord is when you have the Holy Spirit in you.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

Much love!
Amen and Jesus promised to send Another like Him, in his place opus His Ascension- the Advocate, Holy Spirit of promise who would always be with them just as Jesus was always with them in the flesh during His earthly ministry with the 12.

Reactions: marks and Taken

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said the OT was about Himself

Luke 24:25-27
And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will bear witness of HIM

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:7-9
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. And Lord means God/YHWH.

So its easy to tell who is speaking by the Spirit of God and who is not by the above. The Holy Spirits ministry brings honor and glory to the Son.

Amen !

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Taken

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
All this proves is that trinitarians don't know how to read their own bibles.

I think it’s better to say the trinitarian presentation is a clear demonstration of how they read the Bible. If we don’t agree with how they read the Bible then it’s fine to say so. We may rest assured that trinitarians don’t agree with how non-trinitarians read the Bible, and it’s fine for them to say so.

For non-trinitarians to say that trinitarians don’t know how to read the Bible invites the trinitarian to say that non-trinitarians don’t know how to read the Bible. Everyone digs in.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Holy Ghost" is a perfectly accurate translation corresponding to the German "Heilige Geist" in Luther's translation (1522-1545). So the KJV translators thought it most appropriate. In fact Martin Luther wrote a hymn in which he calls the Holy Spirit "Lord God":

Komm, Heiliger Geist, Herre Gott,

Erfüll mit deiner Gnaden Gut
Deiner Gläubigen Herz, Mut und Sinn,
Dein' brünstig Lieb' entzünd' in ihn'n!
O Herr, durch deines Lichtes Glast
Zu dem Glauben versammelt hast
Das Volk aus aller Welt Zungen;
Das sei dir, Herr, zu Lob gesungen!
Halleluja! Halleluja!

Come, Holy Spirit, Lord God,
fill with the goodness of your grace
the heart, spirit and mind of your believers,
kindle in them your ardent love !
O Lord, through the splendour of your light
you have gathered in faith
people from all the tongues of the world;
so that in your praise Lord, may there be sung
Halleluja! Halleluja!

In the KJV Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are interchangeable, since "Ghost" means "Spirit". And here is what it means: "the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son".

So you believe in ghosts? Here are a couple of definitions: an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image; the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear to the living ... descriptions of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, lifelike forms. Which one do you accept?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit . . .

Made you overseers.
Speaks.
Teaches.
Reminds.
Has Opinions.
Forbids.
Witnesses.
Prophesies.
Sanctifies.
Signifies.

Much love!
marks, every place you see the Holy Spirit (KJV needs to get with it and shed the 'Ghost' thing) in scripture, including the list you gave, always means the spirit of holiness (as in the OT) or the Spirit of God, the Father. Always without fail. Thus there is no artificial 3rd person Triune god, because it is the person call God, the Father. What throws folks for loop is that the Father is spirit and it is surely holy and divine, and it's his power and extension into his creation and into us for life.

As I pointed out on a different thread.....it is useful to place the term 'Spirit of God' in perspective as used in the Bible.

הקודש - Ru-ach Ha--desh (emphasis in pronunciation is bolded) Used 55 times in the NT as the Holy spirit or Holy wind or breathe.

And the term is used 23 times in a different form in the OT:: Ru-ach Adonai,- the Spirit of God. The wind of God.

“The term “Holy Spirit” actually occurs only 3 times in the Hebrew Bible. The expression itself is literally “ your (God’s) Spirit of holiness” (ruakh qodeshkha), but the Hebrew language often creates adjectival expressions by means of what is known as the construct genitive relationship between words (i.e., the construction “the…of…”; so the “Spirit of holiness” = “the Holy Spirit”)”

The first occurrence is in Ps 51:11[13], when David prays in penitence to the Lord, “Do not reject me! Do not take your Holy Spirit away from me!”.

The two other occurrences are in Isa 63:10 and 11, where the Lord refers to the Israelites as those who had grieved his Holy Spirit by rebelling against him even though he had so graciously delivered them in the days of old:

But they rebelled and offended his [H]oly Spirit,
so he turned into an enemy
and fought against them.
His people remembered the ancient times.
Where is the one who brought them up out of the sea,
along with the shepherd of his flock?
Where is the one who placed his [H]oly Spirit among them…

Isaiah 63:14 then refers back to the “[H]oly Spirit” in vv. 10–11 as “the Spirit of the Lord” who had given them rest in the days of old. The latter expression and its interchangeable counterpart “the Spirit of God” (compare, for example, 1 Sam 10:6 with 10:10) occur a total of about 94 times in the Hebrew Bible; that is, if one includes instances where “the (my, your, his) Spirit” clearly refers to “the Spirit of the Lord/God” in the context.

1. The Holy Spirit in the Hebrew Bible and Its Connections to the New Testament | Bible.org

And lastly, your scripture quote:

The verses clearly read that God, verse 4 => the Holy Spirit, verse 3. And God is the Father, the one person, owning the Holy Spirit according to scripture.

I not not read in these verses that a 3rd person triune god, by 'himself' is the one true God, and especially because of the absent of the 1st and 2nd persons triune god not in play here. Aren't all three persons included or thought of always in being called the real God or when we read in scripture, 'God.'? Well what are they doing at this time in verses 3 and 4? AWOL...

As one of my friends on this site already quoted on another thread, and it's appropriate here to drive home the fact that the Spirit of God is truly the Spirit of the/our Father, the one and only true God, and the God of Jesus Christ and of myself....

Matthew 10:16-21

(Mat 10:16) “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
(Mat 10:17) Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues,
(Mat 10:18) and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles.
(Mat 10:19) When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.
(Mat 10:20) For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
(Mat 10:21) Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death,

Now what other spirit beside the spirit of Jesus the Christ does the 'Spirit of your Father' mean?

Reactions: Jim B