Why God chose to reveal himself in the masculine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deus vult

Jun 17, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it’s the only way to transcend His creation. The feminine is always changing and is therefore relative whereas the masculine does not-it transcends. Purpose and action come out of the masculine and is evidenced by his actions and purpose for us. This is why we ultimately can only come to God by going to Him and Him only. Trying to come to God by going to anything else other than Him is to rely on creation, which is the feminine. To God, we are all feminine including men. No amount of evidence would ever suffice because that too would be part of creation.

God exemplifies the role of men and women via his relationship to creation. The problem with today’s world is that it only wants to recognize the unity between man and woman without recognizing that it is only through their differences, that they become one. Woman comes out of man and if that is ignored in favor of “gender equality”, then it destroys the woman. By society thinking it’s so mysoginistic and sexist, it is implying that God is too. But God doesn’t make mistakes, people do. It’s yet again just another manifestation of the pride of man contributing to his downfall because people want to be God so bad. In man trying to be God, it negates God, therefore defeating the need for man trying to be God.

So in the end it’s not that there’s anything wrong with man coming before woman in itself, it’s that there’s something wrong with people who have something against it. Just because most rapists are men for example, does not mean the baby must be thrown out along with the bathwater.

There is such a thing as feminism and it is possible so long as it recognizes God as the ultimate authority. Biblical feminism restores both man and woman to their rightful roles. Modern feminism is a lie because it seeks equality through the diminishing of the masculine, it is self-defeating as a result. Who is going to protect the feminists if not for men in the end?

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Your incorrect to say God uses male as way to make example of creation. He style is masculine, God told moses the first thing the bible says he is. He is a consuming fire.

Deuteronomy 4:24 – “For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.” What God's word is teaching us in the picture of fire is that God is holy.

He is not a man or women. He is beyond that he is God who created. This conversation is only to bring sexist discussion which you shalt not do. God does not want you to say who is limited to him to be he can be whatever he desire. He created the universe he is God and humans male and female are things given to by him. They are words and God doesn't not allows us to see further. We cannot say God is only a male. He is not female but beyond.

• Love
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has chosen to relate to His People as their Heavenly Father.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
And yet God tells us he is Spirit.

Masculine pronouns were used because the Hebrews,Jews,were a patriarchal society.

Reactions: MA2444

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has absolute power over creation. His authority is absolute. He's our Father. Rejecting patriarchy or father-rule is rejecting God's design.

I support biblical patriarchy. Masculinity is good and it protects and supports feminity, like the OP explained. Saying male leadership is bad is like saying God is bad because he doesn't give creation the same authority that He does.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A few times in the scriptures wisdom is called she or her and wisdom is of God.

Reactions: grumix8

christsavedme

Jun 19, 2024
Berlin
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
Because it’s the only way to transcend His creation. The feminine is always changing and is therefore relative whereas the masculine does not-it transcends. Purpose and action come out of the masculine and is evidenced by his actions and purpose for us. This is why we ultimately can only come to God by going to Him and Him only. Trying to come to God by going to anything else other than Him is to rely on creation, which is the feminine. To God, we are all feminine including men. No amount of evidence would ever suffice because that too would be part of creation.

God exemplifies the role of men and women via his relationship to creation. The problem with today’s world is that it only wants to recognize the unity between man and woman without recognizing that it is only through their differences, that they become one. Woman comes out of man and if that is ignored in favor of “gender equality”, then it destroys the woman. By society thinking it’s so mysoginistic and sexist, it is implying that God is too. But God doesn’t make mistakes, people do. It’s yet again just another manifestation of the pride of man contributing to his downfall because people want to be God so bad. In man trying to be God, it negates God, therefore defeating the need for man trying to be God.

So in the end it’s not that there’s anything wrong with man coming before woman in itself, it’s that there’s something wrong with people who have something against it. Just because most rapists are men for example, does not mean the baby must be thrown out along with the bathwater.

There is such a thing as feminism and it is possible so long as it recognizes God as the ultimate authority. Biblical feminism restores both man and woman to their rightful roles. Modern feminism is a lie because it seeks equality through the diminishing of the masculine, it is self-defeating as a result. Who is going to protect the feminists if not for men in the end?
Think you're overthinking this -- language is a limiting factor to describe that which can't be described. The cultures back then were very masculine-oriented, hence they used that language. End of story. Other cultures that were more feminine oriented described aspects of God as the Wisdom of Sophia

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good question concerning why did God choose to reveal himself in the masculine. You said it’s because masculine does not change but is that so? By the worlds definition of masculine it’s portrayed as prideful, arrogance, a spitting contest and pissing contest. Go out into the world and see masculine doesn’t change also along with feminine …as both are in the passage in the reprobate mind changing the image of God into …and now there a blurring between masculine and feminine in transgender. So I don’t see how you can say masculine doesn’t change.

Why then does God choose to reveal himself in the masculine? If I had to guess I’d say because “God desires Mercy and not sacrifice.” Choosing to Reveal Himself in the masculine for this reason: Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
^
see masculine does change, because ….John wept because no man was found worthy. But there stood a Lamb as it had been slain. There was a necessity to reveal “even as Christ loved the church, and gave Himself for it.” … “I am the good Shepherd. I don’t leave My sheep.”

Masculine changed here Zechariah 11:16-17 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that stands still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces. [17] Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What on earth is this OP talking about.

God reveals himself to the masculine?

He reveals himself to our spirit?.

Does the OP actually understand we are spirit children?

Does he understand divine visitation/ heart/ spirit revelation....what on earth has that got to do with the masculine.

Is this boring intellectual nonsense again...sound like it to me.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What on earth is this OP talking about.

God reveals himself to the masculine?

He reveals himself to our spirit?.

Does the OP actually understand we are spirit children?
I think the OP meant why did God use a man …or that’s how I read it. Why Jesus, why use a masculine vessel and not a female …the only thing I could think of was Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

To me it would be backwards…even as the woman loved the man and gave herself for him ..that she might sanctify and wash him and present him a glorious church. Significant is that “He loved us first.”

Why does it matter? ….I only commented because if the reason is going in the direction of something shady …I wanted to weigh in. God ways are higher than our own and that it’s most likely not what men think is the reason He chose a man …to prove masculine superiority but instead to reveal in “a man” “God desires Mercy, not sacrifice.”

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the OP meant why did God use a man …or that’s how I read it. Why Jesus, why use a masculine vessel and not a female …the only thing I could think of was Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

To me it would be backwards…even as the woman loved the man and gave herself for him ..that she might sanctify and wash him and present him a glorious church. Significant is that “He loved us first.”

Why does it matter? ….I only commented because if the reason is going in the direction of something shady …I wanted to weigh in. God ways are higher than our own and that it’s most likely not what men think is the reason He chose a man …to prove masculine superiority but instead to reveal in “a man” “God desires Mercy, not sacrifice.”
Ah, ok Sis, that makes sense,x

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it’s the only way to transcend His creation. The feminine is always changing and is therefore relative whereas the masculine does not-it transcends.
Hmmm. Because there is so much man-hating in our society, the simple and obvious answer escapes us.

More than ‘sperm donors,’ fathers occupy a primary mover role. Whereas mothers give birth, fathers give life. Fathers create life and this is why God, the creator, manifests as masculine.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet God tells us he is Spirit.

Masculine pronouns were used because the Hebrews,Jews,were a patriarchal society.

I don't think it's that. Even Jesus referred to God as the Father. Either we take Jesus' words at face value or we don't.

True, a spirit is genderless, but for whatever reason, God has chosen to embody the masculine form.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's that. Even Jesus referred to God as the Father. Either we take Jesus' words at face value or we don't.

True, a spirit is genderless, but for whatever reason, God has chosen to embody the masculine form.
He rew/Jewish culture would expect that. They're patriarchal.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
God has chosen to relate to His People as their Heavenly Father.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

God has chosen to relate to him as the rock.

Psalm 18:31

For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?

Psalm 78:35

And they remembered that God was their rock,
And the Most High God their Redeemer.

1 Samuel 2:2

2 “There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

1 Peter 2:8

8 and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.”They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

Isaiah 51:1

1 “Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;

God has said he is light.

1 John 1:5

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

God has said he is a shield and a sun.

Psalms 84:11-12

11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

12 LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.

Deuteronomy 4:24

24 For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

He is fire the first thing he told humanity he is !

Psalm 10:16

says: "The LORD is king forever and ever; the nations perish from his land."

He is a king

Hosea 11:3-4

“Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”

God as a mother

Hosea 13:8

“Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder…”

God as a mother bear.

Isaiah 66:13

“As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”

as a mother again.

You see the stars people, the planets, and the nebulas ? Do they look like women ? or Men ? The look like circles and nebuals look like gas. They do not have appearance of a man or women. In space there is nothing masculine is something human beyond comprehension the planets look like a basketball or soccer ball they are not man or made of the image of man.

God's creation all of it in the galaxy do they look like men ? nope. Or female do they have skin like women or hair like women ? Neither. God didn't used man as the base of the universe or women as the base of the universe. He didn't make skyscrapers the base even if they look rectangular
and didn't make black holes the base either. He made the universe of many things people many.

Colossians 1:16

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1:1–3​

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God says he is a word and he is.

Revelation 4:11​

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.”

Hebrews 11:3​

By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

People God created planets, nebulas, and stars. Do we look like planets people ? Do we have eco systems like them ? Their sizes are ginormous ? God is not a man, he came to this world as a man. Some people believe he was man in the begging with hair and body like ours corruptible but the bible says he is a word and he was in the beggining.

He is a consuming fire and a word. He is not man or women.

But people have an error that we associate gods and make them look like us to try and understand them. philisstines and pheoncians painted thier gods women and men so they look like them. God is not one masculine thing, the universe is made by of his creations and all them for him and made by him and for his purpose all are part of him. Part of the plan of God. complicated it is.

God told Israel you cannot make an image of me.

Exodus 20:4-6

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

You cannot say God is not a rock, not light, not a mother bear, not mother, and not a word for he is the word. And he says he is all those things in the bible. God is all of his creation and part of his nature. It is part of who he is.

We will always call god in prayer our father and he is. And he tells us he is those things so we know is part of his charcter.

We cannot say God is one thing masculine only. That is not truth, He is made of many things of his universe he created. Man wants to do one thing make everything like they want to and simplify and say everything is masculine it is not. And God is not only masculine but many things that is his creation and we must respect him what he says in the bible about himself.

Not only to call him father to relate to him but the rock, the word, and love.

1 John 4:7-8

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:16 - We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, ask yourself why that is in God's economy.
I don't know that it is.
What I do know is that archeology has shown ancient pre-Hebrew cultures identified Creator as female,the Great Goddess.

God's way says man cannot reproduce without the female.While Parthenogenesis by God's design says the female does not need the male to continue a species. Even the human one.

Eve was created from the middle structure of Adam. His rib. Not his foot bone so to be beneath him. Not from a skull plate so to be cerebrally superior. But from his midline.
The two become one in marriage.

And while Patriarchal tradition and the scribes claimed the man is to be the head of the woman, the whole reason for the sacrifices of countless innocent animals and people throughout the OT, is because of Sin.

Sin! Entered this world by one man!
The first one.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't know that it is.
What I do know is that archeology has shown ancient pre-Hebrew cultures identified Creator as female,the Great Goddess.

God's way says man cannot reproduce without the female.While Parthenogenesis by God's design says the female does not need the male to continue a species. Even the human one.

Eve was created from the middle structure of Adam. His rib. Not his foot bone so to be beneath him. Not from a skull plate so to be cerebrally superior. But from his midline.
The two become one in marriage.

And while Patriarchal tradition and the scribes claimed the man is to be the head of the woman, the whole reason for the sacrifices of countless innocent animals and people throughout the OT, is because of Sin.

Sin! Entered this world by one man!
The first one.
Before all that a very cool thing happened which established the order to come . . .

Gen 2:7-8 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (8) And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Zeth4500

Dec 24, 2023
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
as someone who has very low estrogen and high testosterone (blessing and curse) i can totally agree on the uh, hormone/gender identity relating to polarity of god and, opposite
emotions are how the evil spirits gets to us and makes us do wrong because it can cause a shortlived psychosis- very emotional people will readily confess that theyre not themselves when they get angry, they become completely blind and no matter how much they want to avoid that repeating, they cant
emotions are a gateway to hell, the masculine is absent in its pure form of emotions, and takes pride in honorable things where the feminine rather takes pride in consumerism- as the woman in nature was driven to consume, and the man driven to produce. materialism, ego, the self and longing for yet more-that is also the foundation for satanism. i believe a woman without a man, is similar to a man without god and virtually always you see a woman go wrong, she didnt have trust in a man in her life, be it her father, god - or her husband- and i believe women wanting to go against a mans word may be why men are naturally stronger

i dont believe women are naturally evil, but i do believe that they can very easily pick up on evil energies- especially during period where other religions simply dont allow women to pray or worship god or visit holy places due to dragging evil energies with them, its known by satanists and occultists that fresh blood attracts evil parasitic spirits like nothing else

'I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man; she must be quiet.'
1 Timothy 2:12:

Genesis 2:22
And from the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man, He made a woman and brought her to him.

1 Corinthians 11:8
Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

as for feminism, i think thats extremely silly. it was created by the adversaries of christ. and the word kinda gives away that its polarized towards women and not about equality (thats called egalitarian, which is still very silly unless if the woman has a severe hormone imbalance and being purely feminine just isnt possible)