This King Goes and Rescues HIS Subjects Out of the Mass

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 55:11 NRSVue so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose and succeed in the thing for which I sent it. *The purposes of God never fail.

Gal 1:4 NRSVue who gave himself for our sins to set us free from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, *Did Jesus succeed in setting His people free, or did he fail? There is a separation of peoples here: "us" versus the "present evil age". The "us" are those who make up the churches, His people v2.

Mat 1:21 NRSVue She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” *The Son of God came with a mission, and he did NOT fail. He saved, not made savable.

Isa 53:8 NRSVue By a perversion of justice he was taken away. Who could have imagined his future? For he was cut off from the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people.

1Pe 1:18-19 NRSVue You know that you were ransomed from the futile conduct inherited from your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish.

Rev 5:9 NRSVue They sing a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to break its seals, for you were slaughtered and by your blood you ransomed for God saints from every tribe and language and people and nation; *We see here what John meant by "world" in John 3:16, it was not for Jews alone, but for all people, Gentile and Jew

Joh 10:15-16, 26 NRSVue just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd...Joh 10:26 NRSVue but you do not believe because you do not belong to my sheep.

Mat 20:28 NRSVue just as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve and to give his life a ransom for many.

Act 20:28 NRSVue Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.

Eph 5:25 NRSVue Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Rom 8:31-34 NRSVue What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not withhold his own Son but gave him up for all of us, how will he not with him also give us everything else? 33 Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ who died, or rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. "God gave his Son up for all of us, and in context it is the elect, the believers who are the "us".

Heb 9:28 NRSVue so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

1Pe 2:24 NRSVue He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, having died to sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

*Heb 2:9 NRSVue but we do see Jesus, who for a little while was made lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. *Who does "everyone" mean here?

The Greek here translated "everyone" is pas and it is simply "every" and context must supply who the "every" refers to. The next verse supplies who that is:

Heb 2:10 NRSVue It was fitting that God, for whom and through whom all things exist, in bringing many children to glory, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through sufferings. *It is the KJV "sons" he is bringing to glory, or "children" of God to whom the book is addressed.

Last edited: