The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How they discount the reconciling death of Christ !

Mans religion discounts what Christs death did for all whom He died, it reconciled them to God, it doesn't say it reconciled God to them. Now read it carefully Rom 5:10
Have you read the following passage?
1 Corinthians 5:18-20
Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Reconciliation is bidirectional. If a mother reconciles with her son, he reconciles with her at the very same moment. A man can't make peace with an enemy unless the enemy agrees to make peace with him.

God made an overture to reconcile with anyone who would accept his terms; a man is free to accept his terms and make peace with God through the cross of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the following passage?
1 Corinthians 5:18-20
Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Reconciliation is bidirectional. If a mother reconciles with her son, he reconciles with her at the very same moment. A man can't make peace with an enemy unless the enemy agrees to make peace with him.

God made an overture to reconcile with anyone who would accept his terms; a man is free to accept his terms and make peace with God through the cross of God.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The gospel of reconciliation is not words, not a discussion, it is Jesus Christ giving ( from heaven) the kingdom of heaven among men, told to believe in before the Spirit was given, and that kingdom of heaven is Himself, HIs love and humiilty to care and die for us, meekly, with no returning of evil, just good and even forgiving the murderers and betayers.

Then He gave what we thirst for, HIs righteousness, HIs love, HIs Spirit, and the Pharisees not only dont give anything good, they have no interest in a good pasture.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Jesus had to show first HIs death..

John 13:19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
That of course describes you to a tee.
How can you show me a false teacher, when I say to stop your talk and to follow in reality.

You do not show me wrong to say to stop the chat, but you show you disagree, and that is wrong.

2 Corinthians 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Said gordon7 as he looked in the mirror.
showing you wont hear a word ? ( implacable)

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.