Most accurate modern translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you deny the word of God.
Who was with God at creation? In genesis
Who in John 1 created all things.
There is no clever way around it.
You blatantly deny who the creator is.
It does amaze me on how so many of the Christians world wide buy into this Catholic concept. The one question that anybody can answer for me is why do you believe this. What benefit is there in believing this? Folks come back with because the Word of God says so. But it does not. There's no teaching on this anywhere. So I tried to ask the question another way by asking why would God do this? Come down to get slapped around a spit on? Again, another concept that cannot be found anywhere in the Bible about God being slapped around. So what would it produce? What's the benefit? Folks try to say because only God could redeem us. But that's not true either because the Bible says a man had to be the one to redeem us. It's written by one man came sin and by another man came righteousness. So the question remains as to why so many of you believe this very strange concept.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God gave Jesus authority after he was raised from the dead. Then does that mean Jesus did not have it until God gave it to him?
Exactly. Jesus did not have it, until it was “given” to him.

Simple enough.

Jesus explicitly said his Father was “the only true God.” (John 17:3) He didn’t include himself. He never did. In fact Jesus said “true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.” — John 4:23.

And Paul agreed, @ 1 Corinthians 8:5,6.
Etc., etc.

Reactions: Aunty Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.