Hardest Commands of Scripture for You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a tough one for me to apply.

2 Timothy 2:23-25
King James Version
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

In other versions, it says quarrel. I am often tempted to think I can convince people by quarreling when I really can't.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phillipians 2:14-15

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

In other words, no complaining while going about our daily tasks.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One I find the toughest

Titus 3:1-3​

3 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

I think I know when Im saying something bad in order to speak evil versus saying something beneficial, but negative. When I first read this verse, I was struck by how often I do this, though many consider me a nice person.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a tough one for me to apply.
So many that come to mind have to do with speech, don't they?

The first one I think of is this:

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus