Flooded basement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for my wife and I. On July 1st it rained like 5-6 inches in 3-4 hours and our basement flooded. This was not an isolated incident in my community and we could only find one person who could get to us and have an estimate by the next day and repair the damages within a reasonable amount of time. Please pray the costs to repair the damages is not too bad and that this does not happen again. We have more storms coming over the next 3 days.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan

Oh geeze what a major difficult situation and vulnerable task going forward to properly fix the issue and not pay a crazy amount.

Sorry for your ordeal…
Prayers for you friend per your request.

God Bless you and yours.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have more storms coming over the next 3 days.

Obviously don’t know the lay of your land, or any HOA restrictions…

Sand bags ?
Trenching to allow a lower temporary pooling of water?
Pump to deflect pooling water to lower land?
Generator to operate a pump, if electricity fails?
Inspecting potential foundation cracks, tar treating?

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry to hear this MMD!
I pray the Lord find favor with you and your wife, that whoever you get to come will be fair with pricing and will do a great job!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously don’t know the lay of your land, or any HOA restrictions…

Sand bags ?
Trenching to allow a lower temporary pooling of water?
Pump to deflect pooling water to lower land?
Generator to operate a pump, if electricity fails?
Inspecting potential foundation cracks, tar treating?

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken
I have sand bags and covers over the egress window wells in preparation for the next round of storms.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying brother. That God supplies your needs and that it does not flood again.

(We are having a drought up here. Need rain bad. I will pray God moves some rain our way and gives you all a reprieve)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for my wife and I. On July 1st it rained like 5-6 inches in 3-4 hours and our basement flooded. This was not an isolated incident in my community and we could only find one person who could get to us and have an estimate by the next day and repair the damages within a reasonable amount of time. Please pray the costs to repair the damages is not too bad and that this does not happen again. We have more storms coming over the next 3 days.
Praying for your situation.

Reactions: mailmandan

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you and your wife Dan to have a real peace with much patience during these personal volatile times. I also hope the damage and costs are manageable for you...

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make sure they drain the seepage that would penetrate to the inside of the unfinished concrete block.

:pray:

Reactions: mailmandan and APAK

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started raining again around 8pm Tuesday night and it did not finally stop until 1:45am. The window well started filling up again at the bottom about half way this time and water has been coming in behind the wall. Not major amounts and I just spent the last 30 minutes using my shop vac to get it up. We need our egress window well dug out and proper drainage put in. We have even more rain on the way Wednesday night. :( The guy who digs that out is coming tomorrow to give me a bid. Hopefully he can dig it out as well tomorrow.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have window wells? What purpose do they serve?

I've seen those before yet don't know what they're for.
To escape out of the basement if there is a fire. They put them in newer houses in our community. There is even a metal ladder attached to climb out.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1000007829.jpg
Water was pouring out from under the wall on Monday. I had to open the window and fill up storage containers rotating out 2 of them continuously for over 1 hour. I must have dumped at least 200 gallons into the bath tub. I'm still sore from the workout.