• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discernment ultimately depends on the Holy Spirit. As we are filled with and controlled by the Spirit of God, He makes us discerning. He leads us into all truth by granting us hunger for God's Word and the ability to discern its true meaning — something the “natural man” is incapable of doing (1 Corinthians 2:14).

I go by the Living word of God that lines up with his written word....Gods Spirit is Alive and Active, he is not a book.

He also looks at the heart...he does not look at intellectual knowledge .

KJV
But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lordlooketh on the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Berean Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

A Born Again has spiritual eyes and ears, as soon as they are Born Of The Spirit.

The Holy Spirit helps us develop those eyes and ears....to hear in our spirit.....to see through the eyes of God.

Matthew 13:9-16​

9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.
12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]
16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

New King James Version
having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

We must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Very easy to understand...as being Born Of The Spirit is relayed to our heart, that is where the Spirit of God takes up residence....

We aren’t Born Again in our human intellect we are Born Again in our spirit?

Discernment is a gift from God, the power of the Spirit that indwells us...the Holy Spirit.

When you think about it, God is the only one who can offer real spiritual discernment, so it makes perfect sense to ask for His help. The more we ask God for help along the way, the more it becomes apparent that we can make wise decisions through the gift of discernment.

We know we have been Born Again of incorruptible seed, by the testifying of the Spirit,the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.

That is a supernatural, spiritual act that only God can do.

Sister Rita, as usual Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. :innocent: Or, in our case, I believe we have learned to accept each other as brother and sister in the Lord, but our theological discourses are usually just cross eyed different. What I see and post, from my mountain top, you can't see. And what you see from your mountain is just as wasted on me.

I say this, just to make sure that I didn't offend you with 2 comments concerning YOU....US. o_O in my post to @St. SteVen ? @BlessedPeace is sure I did, and demands I repent and apologize to you. If you agree then please tell me...and I will. But if not, I'm going to just assume that Blessed just lost his/her Peace and move on.

Reactions: St. SteVen

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister Rita, as usual Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. :innocent: Or, in our case, I believe we have learned to accept each other as brother and sister in the Lord, but our theological discourses are usually just cross eyed different. What I see and post, from my mountain top, you can't see. And what you see from your mountain is just as wasted on me.

I say this, just to make sure that I didn't offend you with 2 comments concerning YOU....US. o_O in my post to @St. SteVen ? @BlessedPeace is sure I did, and demands I repent and apologize to you. If you agree then please tell me...and I will. But if not, I'm going to just assume that Blessed just lost his/her Peace and move on.
You can't help yourself.

I've not lost a bit of my peace. Not even when witnessing you make excuses for your behavior toward Rita . And now you dare address her as your sister.

You think you did nothing wrong. Your caustic sin is so toxic you couldn't help throwing a jab at me. Your pride,hubris and ego are like mill stones.

Is it all women you despise?

Or just those who know your antisocial demeanor exposes your lack of understanding regarding our faith. None of us are able to think ourselves so lofty as to believe we are able to metaphorically imply we
reside on a mountain top so to look down on others we feel worthy of our contempt. That mountain is yours alone.

Repentance.
Don't be afraid.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't help yourself.

I've not lost a bit of my peace. Not even when witnessing you make excuses for your behavior toward Rita . And now you dare address her as your sister.

You think you did nothing wrong. Your caustic sin is so toxic you couldn't help throwing a jab at me. Your pride,hubris and ego are like mill stones.

Is it all women you despise?

Or just those who know your antisocial demeanor exposes your lack of understanding regarding our faith. None of us are able to think ourselves so lofty as to believe we are able to metaphorically imply we
reside on a mountain top so to look down on others we feel worthy of our contempt. That mountain is yours alone.

Repentance.
Don't be afraid.
I must have missed the specifics on this, but your post seems pretty heavy-handed.

] cc: @Hillsage

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have missed the specifics on this, but your post seems pretty heavy-handed.

] cc: @Hillsage
This is very convoluted, and I don't know if this is going be !00% correct, especially if you (very well may have) "missed the specifics". The reason you may have is because I edited :Oh no: 'that #1,058 post to you' after Blessed lost his/her Peace (the first time) with my answer to you....and indirectly Rita. I honestly STILL don't know if Rita even saw the original 'offensive? 2 lines' in the text from me to you. And if she didn't....it really didn't matter one way or the other to me that B..P decided that he/she was suddenly the Holy Spirit for the Forum. And if B...P was truly the only offended party then, having already :Oh no: those 2 lines I owed nothing to Rita (unless she IS offended), even if she never saw it. All I owe B...P is NOTHING.

I was still trying to find out in my post #1062 to Rita if she was offended, and even tagged and you and B....P so (he/she) didn't miss Rita's response which was....NADA.

You have responded to me SteVen, and she hasn't hasn't. So as far as I am concerned, this 'post' should 'maybe' have just been a PM to you SteVen. Because it just looks a bit dead in the water IMO, and time to move on IMO. :cool:

@Ritajanice @St. SteVen

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious now.Hillsage is a child posing as an adult. Which is why they fail to understand basic reason.

Apologies @Ritajanice. I imagined an adult was demonstrating sorry irrational unapologetic behavior.

I understand why you wouldn't address a child's bad behavior.
"When they are a child they speak as a child...".

I thought there was a minimum age before being allowed to join. Being there is no way to assure compliance to that,we see what it gets us.

I'm going to ignore Hillsage. I am not fond of undisciplined brats.